Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2022 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
i enjoyed the plot more especially the plot about CyberPsychosis "too much cybernetics can overload the brain and make you crazy" while the characters made me feel nothing after a few days besides Lucy because im a simple man

so how about you?
Sep 18, 2022 11:59 AM
Sep 2021
Rebecca was totally the best character for me. This anime (and especially Rebecca's character) was a refreshing diversion from the usual Japanese shyness towards a more Western openness and chill.
Sep 18, 2022 12:52 PM
Feb 2022
This anime did not feel like an anime
Sep 18, 2022 12:55 PM
Jul 2019
Both terrible this shit was rushed and messy
Sep 18, 2022 3:00 PM
Jun 2021
i enjoyed lucy boobs more than anything
Sep 18, 2022 5:39 PM
Nov 2021
rogueist said:
This anime did not feel like an anime

it definitely felt like a anime to me lol
Sep 18, 2022 5:39 PM
Nov 2021
Thehaterofmal said:
i enjoyed lucy boobs more than anything

same she had an amazing body
Sep 18, 2022 5:48 PM
Dec 2017
I was here for the edge and gore than so for the story.

Sep 18, 2022 5:58 PM

Jul 2015
Protagonist gradually descending further into villainy is an uncommon trope, that I wish would be used more often.
Gore was way over the top and obviously forced at times, tho.

Sep 18, 2022 9:58 PM

Jul 2014
I normally never post, but I feel personally inclined... I genuinely cannot express just how sad I feel as the end of this anime. The time and dedication that went into creating such unique and likeable characters, perhaps is the biggest and largest wasted opportunity for the entire Cyberpunk Franchise. I'm heartbroken that David and Lucy don't get their "happily ever after" moment, and feel like I've kind of been robbed of that happiness by these useless writers that always have to take the 'sad-ending' because it's what the masses now synonymies with 'good writing' nowadays. Yeah, sure I get the idea behind the series and Night City being "live fast and trying to claw your way up and become a 'legend', or die because there is no escape", but if you consider the underlying idea of the series (to promote and drive Cyberpunk 2077 sales), it's hard to fathom how the writer's would've thought that killing off the characters (arguably the best designed and most appealing facet of the show) would entice a pleasurable feeling in their viewers, nudging them to experience the game in its entirety. I'll be the first to admit, that yes I am bias and pissed that I didn't get the ending I wanted. But when the ending I wanted is in your f*cking corporate best interest to supply, don't bloody rob your viewer-base of that final result for the sake of having a 'unique' or 'realistic' ending.

Rebecca, Lucy and David were arguably some of the best well-written characters that we've been lucky to experience in recent times, heck even Kiwi and Maine too. Each of them is flawed in their own sense, and act on their own ambitions which is what made them feel so lively. But in what world do corporate officials, or the individuals green-lighting this ending believe that the finale of the season will send people buying the game? And while I'm not too sure if others feel the same way, I personally feel as though it makes me want to run in the opposite direction to seek therapy instead – yes it elicits a strong response, but I promise you that individuals like me would be far more inclined to purchase the game if Lucy and David did end up together, and if Rebecca lived. What a significantly wasted opportunity to include these characters in the upcoming Edgerunners update, and for us to effectively become part of their crew. It really is a shame for how good this show was. I hope they retcon their ending and go ahead with a season 2, bring David and Lucy back and have the dream team take down the corruption in Night City.
Sep 18, 2022 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Equally disappointed in both but I did enjoy the character designs a smidge more.
Sep 19, 2022 12:59 AM
Jun 2020
characters. plot heavily reminded me of Akame ga Kill for some reason.
Sep 19, 2022 1:44 AM
Oct 2021
Vilitaria said:
it's hard to fathom how the writer's would've thought that killing off the characters (arguably the best designed and most appealing facet of the show) would entice a pleasurable feeling in their viewers, nudging them to experience the game in its entirety. I'll be the first to admit, that yes I am bias and pissed that I didn't get the ending I wanted. But when the ending I wanted is in your f*cking corporate best interest to supply, don't bloody rob your viewer-base of that final result for the sake of having a 'unique' or 'realistic' ending.

Well... you can fight Adam Smasher in game and avenge David. That's a pretty big motivation. Also they are setting the expectations right with the anime. Don't expect 'happy ever after' endings in Night City. Not in the anime, not in the game. I get how you feel because I was sad too that David didn't make it but that is how Cybperpunk 2077 is.
Sep 19, 2022 2:40 AM
Sep 2022
I enjoyed both. As for the characters, I liked David and Lucy the most.
I also liked the part when David had to fight Adam Smasher.
What I did not like that much was the ending, but I guess there are no happy endings in Night City.
Sep 19, 2022 8:04 AM
Nov 2021
Liked both, it was a bit rushed and it would have been nicer to have it be 12 or even 24 episodes but still loved it and had me broken at the end
Sep 19, 2022 8:24 AM

Jun 2020
The characters. The plot is generic. But the anime has style and for the first 6 episodes it's a blast through and through coz of the fun characters and amazing sequences (that whole scene in ep 4 where he is running with Lucy, then talking to Maine - scenes like that are what made this show so fun). It's still great after ep 6, but it loses some of its style and is greatly carried by Rebecca.
Sep 19, 2022 9:04 AM

Nov 2020
All the characters were good imo, with brilliant character designs (especially Lucy, Maine, Adam smasher and faraday) but none of them were spectacular in terms of character development as there clearly wasn’t enough time, and that wasn’t the intention either, even though in the end the main 2 did get a bit of development they could’ve easily added a few more episodes onto the end, or even had slowed the pacing down and made 2 seasons, so that they could develop characters more and not just shoehorn in information etc, and it wouldn’t feel like they were going for a cash grab - that’s one of my only critiques. But nevertheless, the actual characters and designs, aside from the development were very good. Plot was also pretty simple, but effective as these type of stories don’t necessarily need an intricate plot, clearly the emotional value held much more importance, plot held its own, was a basic but strong one, although there was never a clear goal apart from ‘follow in maine’s footstep and save Lucy from trouble’. Also think that it was a good decision not to make the plot any more intricate, because it was hard enough to follow everything as it is due to all the information and worldbuilding that got crammed into 10 episodes (Netflix subs made it 100x worse lol). Overall, neither were spectacular, but they had no need to be. Kept simple, but done in a very effective way, can’t really fault either of these aspects.
Sep 19, 2022 1:53 PM
Jan 2016
Vilitaria said:
I normally never post, but I feel personally inclined... I genuinely cannot express just how sad I feel as the end of this anime. The time and dedication that went into creating such unique and likeable characters, perhaps is the biggest and largest wasted opportunity for the entire Cyberpunk Franchise. I'm heartbroken that David and Lucy don't get their "happily ever after" moment, and feel like I've kind of been robbed of that happiness by these useless writers that always have to take the 'sad-ending' because it's what the masses now synonymies with 'good writing' nowadays. Yeah, sure I get the idea behind the series and Night City being "live fast and trying to claw your way up and become a 'legend', or die because there is no escape", but if you consider the underlying idea of the series (to promote and drive Cyberpunk 2077 sales), it's hard to fathom how the writer's would've thought that killing off the characters (arguably the best designed and most appealing facet of the show) would entice a pleasurable feeling in their viewers, nudging them to experience the game in its entirety. I'll be the first to admit, that yes I am bias and pissed that I didn't get the ending I wanted. But when the ending I wanted is in your f*cking corporate best interest to supply, don't bloody rob your viewer-base of that final result for the sake of having a 'unique' or 'realistic' ending.

Rebecca, Lucy and David were arguably some of the best well-written characters that we've been lucky to experience in recent times, heck even Kiwi and Maine too. Each of them is flawed in their own sense, and act on their own ambitions which is what made them feel so lively. But in what world do corporate officials, or the individuals green-lighting this ending believe that the finale of the season will send people buying the game? And while I'm not too sure if others feel the same way, I personally feel as though it makes me want to run in the opposite direction to seek therapy instead – yes it elicits a strong response, but I promise you that individuals like me would be far more inclined to purchase the game if Lucy and David did end up together, and if Rebecca lived. What a significantly wasted opportunity to include these characters in the upcoming Edgerunners update, and for us to effectively become part of their crew. It really is a shame for how good this show was. I hope they retcon their ending and go ahead with a season 2, bring David and Lucy back and have the dream team take down the corruption in Night City.
Your hope is my hope. I really liked David x Lucy relationship and cried a lot when the anime ended. Felt empty since them. I would pay to have a season 2 with David and Lucy together in someway!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 13, 2022

1014 by vit »»
Jun 2, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

94 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 2, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Air-117 - Sep 12, 2022

166 by TitanInsane »»
May 31, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

erniii - Sep 12, 2022

223 by TitanInsane »»
May 31, 8:45 AM

» Why isn’t the cyberpsycho guy listed as a character on MAL?

SwagsOnB - May 6

13 by Kitsune_Corr »»
May 11, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.