Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2009
VHS tapes from fansubbers, managed to get my hands on Akira and Record of lodoss war when I was a little kid
Jun 3, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2018

i got inadvertently thrust down the path of OTAKUdom around 7/8 years old or so, - around 1988/1990-
when a nephew gave me this 1984 U.S. reboxing of an old MACROSS VF-1 Valkyrie Mecha model kit;

later on, in my early/mid-teens in the mid-1990's, i got my first genuine MACROSS VF-1 model,
and that drove me towards discovering MACROSS via FAMILY HOME ENTERTAINMENT's double-episode VHS cassette volumes at my local SUNCOAST VIDEO;

today, i have basically something dead close to the MACROSS collection i could only have dreamed of as a teen, a quarter-century ago;

Jun 3, 2022 10:52 AM
May 2021
Well, some of my friends used to talk bout animes a lot, so I thought why not give it a try...
My first 3 animes were: Death Note, One punch man, and prison school...
Even after watching these, I wasn't attached to anime, but after watching my 4th anime which is Steins Gate, I have become an Otaku, and from then I binge something every weekend...
So, I started at the age of 19 but get too attached a year later...
Jun 3, 2022 1:19 PM

Apr 2022
Living in Japan, anime has always been on my mind, but it wasn't until last spring's "Shadow House" that I became clearly aware of it. Until then, I didn't even know the concept of seasons, and at 52 years old, that's when my appreciation of anime began!
Jun 3, 2022 1:30 PM

Aug 2018
My first anime was Saint Seiya. I was just a kid, and that was around 2004-2005. I watched it on the TV channel after I got back from school, dubbed it, and a few months later I bought a DVD that had a few episodes. In my country they sold a collection of five DVDs with the first twenty episodes of the series.

It took a long time before I watched anime assiduously and started watching several. Until 2018, I had only seen the most popular ones like Naruto, Pokémon, among others. That habit was only to cultivate more even when a friend from college recommended Death Note to me.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 27

51 by tchitchouan »»
8 minutes ago

» MAL Clubs

Ryzenn11_ - 1 hour ago

3 by LittleStar »»
29 minutes ago

» I am praising the anime industry in general (a short topic where I'm sharing my personal thoughts).

9765 - Yesterday

10 by 9765 »»
32 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

128 by TheMechaManiac »»
34 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 4 )

707supremacist - May 5

152 by Zarutaku »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.