Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 14, 2021 5:45 AM
Jun 2009
Scordolo said:
Winden said:

So because he is an adult, you are saying he automatically should be able to speak in a completely different language in the new world?

Yeah my comment didn't make sense.
While Subaru DID had an auto translator he had absolutely no one who can understand his original language so the person who summoned Subaru (just a theory)made it convenient for him and gave him an auto translator and the Author made it convenient for Rudy to have new his parents as his support.
Also I wouldn't call an isekai that has a character with the mind of an adult but is a child one of the most realistic isekai.

You realize that children learn languages faster than adults? That is why if you learn a language early on, you have no accent in that language. It's actually much harder to learn a new language pass your 20s.

So if anything, him having an adult mind actually works against him learning language.
Apr 20, 2021 5:46 AM
Jul 2019
ExcaliburAO said:
yoru-ke said:
i enjoy re:zero, but do people really think that re:zero is realistic? i mean, yeah, it attempts to add a little bit of realism in it, but I've never thought that Re:Zero can be praised for its' natural way of the main character adapting in the new world. being realistic is not about *oh the main character tries to learn a language and read it*, it is more about the world and the way that main character interacts with it. the world in re:zero itself doesn't seem to follow a fixed set of rules that we are aware of, and even when plot expands, the world still feels like a very closed circus. there is no sense of adapting to the new world (watched till the 7th ep of season 2, part 2)
1) What you said about how it doesn’t follow the rules of the world it is in is false and 2) People don’t call re zero realistic because of what you said. They call it realistic because of how they handle the characters

Okay, I think that I got your point. It is a problem that lies in definition of a word realsim for me then. Re:zero characters' actions are sure understandable and entertaining. Well, I don't think that it is the same as realism, there's just should be a reasoning for what they are doing and their actions should make sense. I understand that people love how characters change their mind in different world, Subaru exploiting his only power and dealing with consequences of his power is nice to see. But still, it's just good writing at that point, not exactly realism. But I would def give a point for Re:Zero being more realistic than most of the isekais out there. And the reason why I went for world building and character interacting with the world as main criterias for realism is that characters' behavior or psychology can be easily interpreted in many ways in the eyes of each individual. I love Re:Zero just because of how entertaining and emotional it is, and the show itself has a good character writing and plot to keep entertaining and giving out emotional moments. But I have a friend of mine who dropped the show after the episode where all powerful candidates to take the throne assembled in the first season. He legit said that he can't watch that circus anymore where everybody acts like a child and any person can interrupt the main speaker. I guess he is just not built for shows like Re:zero with flashy and cringy attitudes, and I can understand that. That's probably my main reason why I can't say the show is realistic when I have a friend of mine who bonks me with some common irl behavior and shares how much he cringed at Re:zero writing. Mushoku Tensei was legit the first isekai that I could see being realistic as far as an isekai can be realistic.
yoru-keApr 20, 2021 5:49 AM
Aug 2, 2021 3:28 PM

Oct 2008
I've seen a lot of try hard to be realistic isekai anime. Mushoku tensei is among them, but it does a better job of not being to much in your face with its approach. I mean the most well made realistic isekai is Honzuki no Gekokujou. And the worst made realistic isekai is Full dive.
Mushoku tensei has a unique way of prtraying its realism and I like it.
Aug 5, 2021 8:41 PM

Aug 2021
Actually is the worst shit writing anime of all time.
Aug 6, 2021 1:27 AM

Feb 2021
I don't think that isekai anime is the most realistic anime since anything related to isekai is imaginative and fantasy, but characters writing and world building are written as they're in the real world. The characters have natural things like humans in the real world and world civilization which is similar to medieval civilization. That's what makes Mushoku Tensei interesting and be a masterpiece.
Aug 7, 2021 9:57 AM
Mar 2021
1-my opinions may be a little bias,
I'm not smart enough to know if realistic and fantasy can coexist (word expert I let to you to debate)

Not the most realistic isekai but a really good isekai ; a fantasy that that make you think of his world as his * (don't ask me details please )

like (the tropes make sense!?? ) lol

overlord, Re:zero, even even Konosuba ( srzly
Can be),

but ( truth be told, Re0 fan are limit, like the axis believers, I don't want mT enjoyers to be like that)

I don't know how t*** I enable that code that I don't even know.

And you can easily guess that my English is........ Please don't say it....
Syrux_NeblausAug 7, 2021 10:13 AM
Jan 29, 2022 3:08 AM
Jul 2021
mushkou tensei is the worst isekai
Jan 29, 2022 3:10 AM

Jan 2021
kenxox said:

Not the worst, but definitely bad.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 29, 2022 10:16 AM

Dec 2019
Grimgar's probably the most realistic isekai, but Mushoku tensei's the best character-driven isekai and just the best isekai in general. Grimgar felt more grounded but it was fuckin boring and slow because of that. Too much realism isnt a great thing for that case but MT blends the realism with the fantasy, the good and bad elements of characters really well with good af growth too in the process.
Jan 30, 2022 9:26 AM
Jul 2021
FZREMAKE said:
kenxox said:

Not the worst, but definitely bad.

thanks people just won't shut the f abot it. I still can't see how this boring show manage to become "One of the best isekai". But yeah I know crunchyroll awards suck But I gotta thank them for not including mushkou tensei in anime of the year. Other anime like 86 and aot will get a chance to win :D
Feb 3, 2022 8:19 AM
May 2009
WARNING!!!!!!!
ANIME AND MANGA SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

To me this anime, and after just finishing the manga op to chapter 77, I think this is definitely one of the best written isekai series out there.

Many complain about Rudeus being a ass of a human and some even go as far as the Ped... (you can finish it).
I don't understand that at all.

Rudeus was a shut-in guy.
Bullied to the max.
No social skills and no way of communicating in general. Except telling people to stay the F away from him.

Then I does 1 thing right and dies.
Well shit. You start life over with every memory and trauma of his previous life still there.

Normally A child won't have the capacity to think about anything naughty during infancy or probably will onto the teens.
So having a 40 year old in the body of a child would of course make for weird situations when getting breastfed.
And that goes even more for when you are together with other people from his height and seeing things you could normally not do as a 40 year old.
Is it creepy?
Yes definitely but is it strange for this guy in particular to do this?
No.

We can all agree that the 40 year old guy is taking advantage of his situation and that those things should not be ok.
But nobody in that world knows about his situation.

The way Rudeus is brought up in the first part of the anime doesn't really help with the social skillset either and even more so when mom and dad are constantly at it at night.
And then you get the tutor who starts to put the hand to herself as well......
Doesn't help things are set boundaries does it.

You can basically see the first change in him when he starts to overcome the trauma of going into the world and do his exame.
and especially when he starts meeting other people like Sylphie.
When he is taken away to be the Tutor of Eris you can see he struggles with certain things and starts to learn when and when NOT to do certain things.
He even starts to be helpful for others around him that he would never have helped if he stayed at home.

The biggest change and most impressive part of the whole story for me is the calamity and the journey after.
The way Rudeus struggles with balancing the supard curse, gettgin Eris home and surviving in general.
They moment Eris rests on his lap after being teleported and later in an in seeing Eris and supporting Rudeus and him knowing he should not do the stuff he always did, it shows how much the writer of the novel took growing out of his dirty messed up 40 year old life and becoming a proper guy who can support himself and help and care for others.

they way he breaks at the end of season 2 and, if you read the manga, what those repercussions are of that breakup look really like he isn't even near what he used to be.

I'm really looking forward to how the writter is ending it all and where this world goes.

Especially the worldbuilding is amazing.
The different languages, the different races, the lore of the country and more.
Really loving it.

And if you read the manga, It was a massive surprise that he suddenly met the girl he tried to save in his previous life.
Really wondering how that will go.
Its All In The Details
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

471 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

299 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

415 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
Jun 11, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

441 by Artemis_Furrson »»
Jun 9, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.