Forum Settings
Forums

Recommend me a 50+ eps action adventure show likely to meet my quality criteria

New
Oct 25, 2021 3:59 PM

May 2020
So while I'm aware of several popular titles of that genre that I've not yet seen, I want to save time and not watch 20 episodes of each but possibly go right to the show that is most likely to meet my quality criteria.

These are (some of) the action/adventure shows that I've seen and classify as decent:
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- D. Gray-man
- Hunter x Hunter
- FMA: Brotherhood
- Magi
- Rurouni Kenshin (the Kyoto arc)
- Black Clover (tier below the others yet still enjoyable to a satisfying degree after it fixed its 1-line characters)

These are (some of) the shows that I'm considering to start/continue, but am skeptical about for various reasons:
1. Bleach
- I have reached the famous Soul Society arc (currently in 23ep) but still couldn't get into it, I think there's too much comedy for my taste and character encounters and dialogs tend to bore me.
2. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- Haven't tried yet because I know it takes 20 episodes to turn into an entirely different, serious show, but I fear another failure like it seems to be the case with Bleach
3. Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven Deadly Sins)
- I don't like fanservice, which I've heard this has plenty (seen 1st ep & didn't like some scenes)
- A bit discouraged by the fact the last 2 seasons received low scores, but perhaps at least the first 3 seasons are worth it?
4. Naruto
- I've had prejudice against the big 3, so I've been avoiding it for many years without a good reason.
5. Inuyasha
- Heard it becomes very repetitive & fillerlike halfway through

If you believe any of these shows could find place in my 'decent' group, please dispel my doubts (without spoilers).
You can also recommend any show that comes to your mind outside this 5 candidates list.
I see. Your only option is to revolutionize the world.
Oct 25, 2021 4:38 PM

Sep 2012
I definetly suggest to start Naruto and go on with Bleach. Nanatsu no Taizai gets worse later on, but the first few seasons aren't bad. Katekyo Hitman Reborn needs patience to get into it, so definetly try it and see if you like it. Inuyasha is indeed a little repetetive, but i think its worth watching.

Apart from the ones you mentioned, here's the following:

One Piece (obviously)
Boku No Hero Academia
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
Fairy Tail
Soul Eater
Oct 25, 2021 5:07 PM

Jul 2014
Slayers
L-Gaim
+One Piece and Soul Eater
Oct 26, 2021 12:44 AM

Oct 2014
https://myanimelist.net/anime/24405/World_Trigger
It's a battle shounen like the rest of the shows you mentioned, but not adventure. The first season has bad pacing and lackluster animation, especially at the beginning, but it's a series with a detailed power system, battles that rely on teamwork and tactics, and has interesting world-building.

I suggest skipping the 1-2 minute recaps at the start of every episode, and skipping the filler arc (eps 49 to 63). The second and third seasons significantly improve upon the animation and pacing.

If you ever watch Naruto and Shippuden then you should definitely skip the fillers, there's a shit ton of them and they're torture material.
Oct 26, 2021 4:19 AM
May 2020
One Piece 100%
yeah , most people avoid One Piece because its long

But you will not regret this

(Though i recommend you to read the manga more than watching the anime lol)
One Piece is bad, really
Oct 26, 2021 4:25 AM

Jun 2021
You might like Ashita no Joe, Ashita no Joe 2. It's about boxing, it's really good for a 1970s anime, it's actually one of my fave so why not suggest it :)
Oct 26, 2021 4:32 AM

Aug 2020
Try JoJo's part 1 is mid, 2 is decent and from 3 part it is just special. The fights are really interesting, characters are great. Plots are decent.

Though it is not a 50 episode plus show, but Hellsing is really good show with epic fights and likable characters. Every episode is like 40-50 minutes long.
"Fear is necessary for evolution. The fear that one could be destroyed at any moment"
-Aizen Sousuke

More topics from this board

» What anime/manga should I give a second chance to?

Mady3-2 - May 22

10 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
17 minutes ago

» Stories where a person who caused pain/trauma for the hero comes back

Oobaka-san - 3 hours ago

0 by Oobaka-san »»
3 hours ago

» Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - 10 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
8 hours ago

» Anime/Manga that doesn’t mock small boobs/flat chest?

Throwawayy1234 - 9 hours ago

0 by Throwawayy1234 »»
9 hours ago

» Suggest me a power fantasy released in 2023 or 2024

passtur - Today

3 by Zarutaku »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.