Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2021 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
judging from that synopsis, seems like a pretty interesting supernatural concept. also, maybe im just dumb but when i read "When this odd couple gets together" i thought it meant that this was gonna be some yaoi stuff, i mean judging from the cover it looks like it could be a cover for an anime like that. probably not gonna be one though xd
Jan 30, 2021 12:31 AM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
I mean the original manga was a yaoi, idk why mal didn't list that as one of the genres

Honestly I'm very excited for this bc I love mystery and I love yaoi so I'll probably really like it unless it goes horribly wrong (entirely possible)
Feb 1, 2021 11:47 PM

Apr 2019
as someone who has read most of the manga, I'm really really excited
it *is* surprising that yaoi isn't listed as one of the genres, or at least shounen ai, considering the manga does feature such themes but it's not quite in the way you'd expect
I suppose they could just be planning on removing that aspect of the source material, but it would definitely take away from some of the enjoyment (at least for me), but would maybe make it better for a wider audience (cause of the bad rep yaoi usually gets)

shounen ai aside, the story itself (as well as characters) is very good and it definitely has a ton of potential to be a great anime
cutegoyangiFeb 1, 2021 11:59 PM
Feb 8, 2021 10:13 PM
Jul 2016
Read up to chapter 42 / 57 of the manga, currently one of my favorite manga so far. It's got some fun dynamics, beautiful artwork, and great emotional depth ( in layman's terms, it's really fucking good).

The shounen-ai elements are iffy at best (at least so far as I've read, Rihito is incredibly possessive towards Mikado, and the other characters firmly believe that they're dating even as Mikado denies it). The anime writers could easily write it off as a "no homo" bromance or as a one-sided pursuit by an eccentric person. I hope that isn't the case, though.

Hopefully, this anime will be good!!!
Jun 19, 2021 7:58 AM
Feb 2021
I have just finished watching the live-action. I'm planning on reading the manga, so hopefully, the anime gets to explore and expand on the story and characters bond.
Jul 1, 2021 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
key Visual
Cast
Teaser & Cast Comment
Fall 2021
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/434993

Additional Casts
Teaser
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/439703
tsubasaloverAug 5, 2021 5:57 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 1, 2021 9:14 AM

Nov 2020
Art style in this teaser looks better than I thought it'll look. I wonder how many episodes will this have
Jul 1, 2021 2:36 PM
Mar 2021
I haven't read the manga or watch live action but I read the author other manga. This manga is published in BL magazine so it seems this is shounen ai. But looking at Nobunaga Shimazaki's tweet, they will be buddy so there is possibility they will remove the shounen ai part.

Either way I will still watch it because the author is good with human drama and her characters are interesting.
Alice0006Jul 1, 2021 3:11 PM
Jul 1, 2021 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
The teaser looked great and the setting seems interesting. Super excited for this one.
Jul 1, 2021 7:20 PM
Jul 2013
Alice0006 said:
I haven't read the manga or watch live action but I read the author other manga. This manga is published in BL magazine so it seems this is shounen ai. But looking at Nobunaga Shimazaki's tweet, they will be buddy so there is possibility they will remove the shounen ai part.

Either way I will still watch it because the author is good with human drama and her characters are interesting.

I mean i would argue that trailer was rather BL-ish lol in general in the manga the BL stuff regarding double entendres etc. and how their powers work are quite prevalent especially at the beginning so if they cut that, then they are cutting a lot of actual story lmao plus the other seiyuu, Hatano Wataru, did some BL roles in the past. I noticed they sometimes cast ppl who have experience with the genre when they wanna commit to the BL elements lol
Jul 1, 2021 8:02 PM
Mar 2021
Mika-taicho said:
Alice0006 said:

I mean i would argue that trailer was rather BL-ish lol in general in the manga the BL stuff regarding double entendres etc. and how their powers work are quite prevalent especially at the beginning so if they cut that, then they are cutting a lot of actual story lmao plus the other seiyuu, Hatano Wataru, did some BL roles in the past. I noticed they sometimes cast ppl who have experience with the genre when they wanna commit to the BL elements lol

I am only stating a possibility. The reason why I said the anime maybe remove BL part because there are people here who read the manga but said the writer actually can remove BL part, that's why I mention it is possible because Nobunaga and Wataru also said they are buddy. But honestly I don't care if it will be BL or not. I read BL you know. One of my favorite manga is Saezuru so I know Wataru often appear in BL. Why you use a lot of lol and lmao? Is there something funny with what I said?
Alice0006Jul 1, 2021 8:08 PM
Jul 1, 2021 9:05 PM
Jul 2013
Alice0006 said:
Mika-taicho said:

I am only stating a possibility. The reason why I said the anime maybe remove BL part because there are people here who read the manga but said the writer actually can remove BL part, that's why I mention it is possible because Nobunaga and Wataru also said they are buddy. But honestly I don't care if it will be BL or not. I read BL you know. One of my favorite manga is Saezuru so I know Wataru often appear in BL. Why you use a lot of lol and lmao? Is there something funny with what I said?

I mean I was also speculating. Just wanted to discuss possibilities as well. That im not sure how it will work if they remove the BL elements because they are kinda idk at least important to the framework of the story as a whole? like there are some things regarding to mechanics of some rituals that are considered as erotic, if i remember correctly, so im not sure how they can even manage to spin it so its less gay. Sorry if i came across as aggresive or something. I use lol and lmao a lot bc im too used to chatting with ppl through social media so it became a habit, kinda like a comma to me at this point. It wasnt meant to refer to anything in your comment.
Jul 1, 2021 10:19 PM
Aug 2018
I think it will get the same popularity as Richard the jeweler
Jul 2, 2021 1:16 AM

May 2017
natsumyaa said:
I think it will get the same popularity as Richard the jeweler
i think it will get way more popular than Richard the Jeweler, since this one is BL(already have big fanbase for that) and the premise looks more interesting than that show..idk..
Jul 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2020
It's good i'm just looking forward on adaptation.

Jul 6, 2021 5:35 PM

Jul 2015
The manga is great and one of my favourites. It's BL but not the typical, it's so much more than that.
The story is great but I'm not really sure about the animation, I don't like how they animated Hiyakawa.
Jul 8, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
That sounds and looks like one of the good BLs so far. I'm curious about this.
Aug 27, 2021 2:13 AM

Nov 2007
ED: "Breakers" by Wataru Hatano
https://moca-news.net/article/20210827/2021082718000b_/01/

*Fixed from incomplete copy and paste.
tsubasaloverAug 29, 2021 1:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2021 2:56 AM
Aug 2018
not usually a fan of this genre but the frederic op has me curious cause i really like there stuff
Feb 4, 2022 2:42 AM

Oct 2008
1. The cover art is cool
2. I assumed it would involve the two guys in a romantic, or rival, or enemy type way.
3. The character design for the main cast is beautiful.

So yeah I'm looking forward to this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 19, 2021

27 by Ishiryoku »»
May 20, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 5, 2021

9 by JeanFranciss »»
May 19, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 28, 2021

16 by JeanFranciss »»
May 19, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 21, 2021

10 by JeanFranciss »»
May 19, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 14, 2021

15 by JeanFranciss »»
May 12, 10:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.