Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2021 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
What begun as a rumour of Erika Hiura between Mikado and Hiyakawa, has reached Hanzawa, and he can do nothing but accept the facts.

Even Mikado who got some info from Hanzawa about Hiyakawa's history and leaked facts about Erika, the prying that she infiltrated the space and turned into a demonic spirit from a loss of control, Mikado leaning on belief to turn Erika back to normal with the help of her bodyguard Sakaki just barely worked.

On the other hand, Hiyakawa almost got reeled in by his cult from back then.

Since Erika was the one that cursed Hanzawa's wife, Erika's removal of the curse on Saeko with both Hiyakawa and Mikado witnessing it, the ritual was a bit creepy for someone that thankfully doesn't believe in the occult. The problem is what comes after for Erika and her actions going forward, and she has received her salvation.

And who better to ask than Keita to help in Erika's case, but she ends up interrogating Hiyakawa about his past that's akin to Erika's. Mikado is beyond tired to see Hiyakawa retracting his actions, and still though his heart has a lot of questions unanswered.

If there's a motive behind this episode, it's that everyone is finally on the same wavelength.
Nov 14, 2021 6:59 AM
Sep 2015
This is a good episode, but it's completely different from all episodes before, so it feels disconnected. While I'm satisfied that several problems are resolved at once, it's too fast and too shallow, like, everybody suddenly agree to team up in 5 minutes.
Nov 14, 2021 8:35 AM
Mar 2021
In my opinion this is the best episode so far. Finally feels like a story is developing and it’s exciting to see all the characters together. Mikado is finally giving us something to work with, nice to see him take charge. Very excited to see how the season plays out
Nov 14, 2021 12:11 PM

Aug 2016
phantomfandom said:
This is a good episode, but it's completely different from all episodes before, so it feels disconnected. While I'm satisfied that several problems are resolved at once, it's too fast and too shallow, like, everybody suddenly agree to team up in 5 minutes.

This, absolutely. Who the hell was this series planner? He has zero sense of pacing.
Nov 14, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2021
DrabinWhite said:
phantomfandom said:

This, absolutely. Who the hell was this series planner? He has zero sense of pacing.

Of corse pacing is terrible when you are trying to adapt whole manga with 50-60 chapters into anime with 12-13 episods.
Nov 14, 2021 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Erika was suspicious of something else and ended up knowing something else but even so Erika's moments had a good highlight in this episode.
Nov 14, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 2019
Yeah, the pacing is really off, I'll have to end up reading the manga.
Nov 14, 2021 5:50 PM

Nov 2019
After last week's reveal of Hiyakawa's backstory, we now learn that Erika's part of the 2nd generation, but wants to escape.

Glad Mikado got through to her, and then formed a group to plan a way to help her escape.

Yeah there are a lot of pacing discrepancies, so I guess I'll read the manga after (the anime still isn't completely in shambles so I guess this should end in an ok way)

Can't wait to see what the group do next
Nov 14, 2021 6:37 PM

Dec 2020
Only took 7 episodes but this show is actually turning out good
Nov 15, 2021 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
I really do think the anime is gonna try and adapt the entire manga series.

This episode ended at the end of volume 6. It would explain why the pacing is so rushed. There's 10 volumes total. Adapting 4 volumes across 5 more episodes may seem impossible without it becoming more of a rushed mess, but I honestly think that's what's gonna happen. Unless the anime ends without adapting the whole manga, and a longer OVA is done to finish adapting the manga. But I doubt that'll happen. Won't be enough source material for a season 2 either.

I've only been reading the manga along with each anime episode, since so much has been cut out. So I haven't read too far ahead, but damn, the manga is so much better. The anime is like a speed run or CliffNotes version of the manga. The anime started off okay, but when reading the manga, it's hard to call this a "good" anime. Even if I tried to ignore the existence of the manga, I'd still find the anime to be super rushed. The visuals have started to get worse too.

idk if Mikado and Hiyakawa are actually gonna become romantic by the end of this show. For being of the BL genre, there is zero romance or love between these two. I'm not even really rooting for them to be a couple. So I'm curious how it'll all end.
giveup-the-ghostNov 15, 2021 3:29 PM
Nov 20, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2020
I really like where this is going. The first couple of episodes were very weird, had a terrible pacing and didn't do a good job connecting bits and pieces together, but the last couple of episodes did very well. This episode in particular explains how the entire cast is getting together to craft a plan and help Erika escape. The mysterious and spooky tone feels more natural now than before, the story is more solid, and it's getting intriguing. I'm really invested now. As someone said above, it took 7 episodes, but it's actually getting better.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Nov 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
So all of them will work together to help Erika escape. Curious how they will make the escape possible.

But I wonder where this story will go. In the end even that sensei is someone who wants to be saved.

Also all this time I thought Hiura Erika was voiced by HanaKana but it's actually someone else I don't know 🤪
Dec 5, 2021 4:24 AM

Jun 2020
LOL Sakaki xD Breaking their “romantic” moment lololllllol

Do you want to die as a version of yourself that you hate? At the very end of everything, the only one who can save you is you! DAMNಥ﹏ಥ

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 5, 2021 4:55 AM

Jan 2013
Okay, I hated this episode. It got so sappy. Mikado played a messiah (maybe he likes LARP-ing as shounen manga protags?), that cheesy 'believe in yourself!' speech, 'YOU ARE MY FRIEND aaaa ano hi no yume' (Naruto opening starts playing _-_) - I thought I was watching a different show altogether. Why the hell did he help Erika?! Not only is she complicit in murder, she also means trouble for him. She and her bodyguard came to you to threaten you, with violence too, and you're not even trying to run away? What a brainless doormat of a main character. Shounenfication of even manga for adult woman is a problem the industry needs to address.

Mikado is supposedly an adult, but he's not so bright, on the contrary. He aided a person who killed others via curses even if that person was doing so on someone else's commands and against her will. Oh, and that murderous girl is now his friend? Awww, how sweet. He's always wanted somebody like Gasai Yuuno as his girlfriend. Poetic justice would now be somebody personally close to him getting cursed.

That girl decided to run away because of some half-assed declarations about friendship? Pfahahaha! As if she couldn't ask for help sooner, like when Mikado visited her house. I guess she was never desperate to leave her former life behind in the first place. The quickest redemption arc in the history of manga&anime! You know in Death Note
Here, the 'girl who kills others through curses' gets a mild rebuke from the cop and is let free. Mikado even praises her for her kindness! (I want the families of her victims to hear it.) What a contrast. I'm let down. No real stakes in this show. Introducing that self-insertion vehicle that is Erika was a mistake.

Jan 25, 2022 12:38 AM

Mar 2010
dang.. did he just make someone who remembered him braindead?

I kinda do ship her and the bodyguard :D but i guess the age makes it questionable kek

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 3, 2021

81 by Hancock23 »»
Jan 14, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 19, 2021

26 by Altadena »»
Nov 14, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 24, 2021

13 by MyLadyShip »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:01 AM

» Why

DillanSmokes - Dec 11, 2022

1 by KayKimii »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:18 PM

» So will it be BL or not?

kari-ya - Sep 8, 2021

14 by Raslen_1412 »»
Jun 29, 2022 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.