Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 17, 2021 1:05 PM
Mar 2021
I'm not all caught up on the Quintessential Quintuplets, but y'all can spoil this for me. I've been seeing Ichika get lots of hate on Instagram and TikTok, what's with it?
Jun 17, 2021 1:10 PM

Mar 2017
Ichika and Nino are both criminals and that's why people hate Ichika, but I don't understand why they ignore Nino.

To answer your question, Ichika did identity theft of Miku, and while acting as Miku she tried to do stuff that would give her an advantage in winning Fuutaro's affection and lower chances of Miku.
Jun 17, 2021 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
I don’t really know why, but yeah it’s weird. Maybe it’s because Ichika was so hell bent on getting fuutarou that she impersonated Miku on occasion. I think she’s fine and everything, but I’m more of a Nino person at the end of the day.
Jun 17, 2021 1:12 PM
Mar 2021
n__k said:
Ichika and Nino are both criminals and that's why people hate Ichika, but I don't understand why they ignore Nino.

To answer your question, Ichika did identity theft of Miku, and while acting as Miku she tried to do stuff that would give her an advantage in winning Fuutaro's affection and lower chances of Miku.
That's just hypocritical for them to hate Ichika for her crimes but give Nino a free pass. (Nino is cute especially in season 2 but that doesn't make up).
Jun 17, 2021 1:19 PM
May 2021
literally_boba said:
I'm not all caught up on the Quintessential Quintuplets, but y'all can spoil this for me. I've been seeing Ichika get lots of hate on Instagram and TikTok, what's with it?
she pretends to be Miku and says “Ichika likes you” to futaro to make it seem like Miku doesnt like him
Jun 17, 2021 1:20 PM

Dec 2020
n__k said:

Yeah, you're right, they're both criminals, but Nino didn't go as far as Ichika just to get Fuutaro's attention. She was a selfish b*tch, but did nothing that would hurt the other sisters (like Ichika impersonated Miku for example). I'm a Yotsuba stan btw
Jun 17, 2021 1:21 PM
Mar 2021
crispycereal said:
n__k said:

Yeah, you're right, they're both criminals, but Nino didn't go as far as Ichika just to get Fuutaro's attention. She was a selfish b*tch, but did nothing that would hurt the other sisters (like Ichika impersonated Miku for example). I'm a Yotsuba stan btw
I like Miku best but Yotsuba nice. Now I kind of understand why Nino doesn't get as much hate but she does deserve some.
Jun 17, 2021 1:26 PM

Mar 2017
crispycereal said:
n__k said:

Well It's just that I consider drugging someone twice as a criminal activity and as bad as Identity theft. Anyway, I'm neutral towards Nino and a Yotsuba stan as well.
Jun 17, 2021 1:27 PM
May 2021
Well people hate her from the crap she pulled in Season 2. Tbh none of the quintuplets deserve hate. They are wholesome asf for family.
Jun 17, 2021 1:31 PM

Mar 2017
XYBAexpert said:
Well people hate her from the crap she pulled in Season 2. Tbh none of the quintuplets deserve hate. They are wholesome asf for family.
Yeah I agree with you wholeheartedly. Because ultimately they all changed for the better.
Jun 17, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2020
It's just that some people don't like the way Ichika handled the situation per se. Me? Honestly, I get it and would never hate someone for it. Just how some people are.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jun 17, 2021 1:45 PM
Apr 2018
I didnt like the way she went around to "confess her feelings" in season 2, but i never hated her. I see so many hate videos on tiktok for ichika but not for s1 nino. I love all of them.
Jun 17, 2021 2:09 PM

Aug 2020
Like others said she pretended to be miku to get closer to futarou but I still like her tbh and ig nino wasn't as bad as ichika but if ichika is getting so much hate nino should get some as well
Jun 17, 2021 2:24 PM
Jun 2021
Ichicka didnt commit any actual crimes, Nino did. But the reason Nino doesn't get hate is because she isn’t manipulative about it and the series clearly plays it off for laughs so I guess people don't see it that way.

In terms of why Ichika gets hate, its mostly just the stuff the anime has already shown. She continues to be manipulative of people around her as the series goes on but she does apologize for it and the cast mostly moves on.
Jun 17, 2021 2:25 PM

Oct 2019
People hate on Ichika because she did many questionable things. Even when she knew that would hurt her sisters. Technically so did Nino (She did drug him and was a bitch all the time after all)
The big difference is that Nino drastically changes her character and has a massive redemption arc up to becoming 1 of 2 powerhouses in the whole manga while Ichika doesn’t.
It’s the author’s fault. He made Ichika a plot device just for the sake of creating an antagonist (Which was not needed or not in that way) and then tried to justified it poorly by making Nino reflect “Maybe I would have done the same?” and after all of that the whole subject is abandoned without giving the character a chance of redemption. The damage was done the character was hated and the author didn’t really care because she was not his main heroine anyway.
If you could check the specials artbook with character’s description and the corresponding interview you would realize that the author only really cared about Yotsuba.
In essence, poor writing and lack of coherency made people hate Ichika. Justified from the audience perspective but the author either didn’t foresee it or didn’t really care as long as his ending remained the same.
Jun 17, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2017
Cause she's a snake. That's a quality that easily irks many. Her character was seriously hopeless in S2, slimy as hell lmao.

Also, Nino defo ain't the same lol.

Jun 17, 2021 2:48 PM

Jan 2020
She does certain things in season 2. It's understandable why she gets hate

Jun 17, 2021 2:58 PM
Mar 2021
ManWild said:
She does certain things in season 2. It's understandable why she gets hate
Like what (you can spoil this for me I could care less)
Jun 17, 2021 2:58 PM
Feb 2021
n__k said:

I hate how people ignore how nino DRUGGED fuutaro ichika is still bad though if im putting in order who i like AFTER READING THE MANGA itsuki yotsuba miku nino ichika
Jun 17, 2021 3:22 PM
May 2021
Tbh I don't see ichika impersonating miku that big a deal,sure it's not right but at the end this is harem with teenagers fighting for love,as a teenager with fuked up emotions I know how much love can be important to us Teenagers we are so hell bent on being with the one we love the one we desire to be by his/her side,so long story short ichika's actions were explained and I amd I repeat I see that a good explanation to her actions but at the end of the day this is my perspective on teenage love
Jun 17, 2021 3:55 PM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
n__k said:

The reason why I let Nino off is because of the fact that while she did awful shit like drugging fuutarou, she was doing it because she was trying to protect her sisters. Family should ALWAYS come first before a guy you like, and Ichika completely ignored that. She broke her own sisters heart just because she was so desperate for Fuutarou's attention.
Jun 17, 2021 4:55 PM
Mar 2021
SpritezUp said:
n__k said:

The reason why I let Nino off is because of the fact that while she did awful shit like drugging fuutarou, she was doing it because she was trying to protect her sisters. Family should ALWAYS come first before a guy you like, and Ichika completely ignored that. She broke her own sisters heart just because she was so desperate for Fuutarou's attention.
Understandable, I also heard Ichika will start a new war
Jun 17, 2021 5:21 PM
Dec 2020
Nino is my favorite but ichika is a great character over hated
Jun 17, 2021 5:44 PM
Dec 2020
People are hating on ichika for what she did to miku but miku did the same thing a couple episodes earlier by trying to have futaro stop being their tutor just so she can date him. Miku is my favorite of the 5 so I’m not just saying that to just because
Jun 17, 2021 6:41 PM
Jan 2021
Nino is not much different. She drugged Fuutarou though with good intentions the first time, but the second time wasn't. I like that she's bold, straightforward, cared about her sister, and doesn't run in circles when it comes to love but that doesn't mean all her actions can be justified. Miku is one of my favorite but she isn't so clean either with her actions(disguising herself and asking Fuutarou to stop tutoring them to pursue her love because she was the smartest and not thinking about the risk that she puts on her sisters). Except for Yotsuba and Eatsuki, all three did some selfish/questionable stuff for love (which is understandable).
Hot_Green_TeaJun 18, 2021 11:47 AM
Jun 18, 2021 1:24 AM

Feb 2020
n__k said:
but I don't understand why they ignore Nino
bro her personality is trash she treats the MC like he is trash
Jun 18, 2021 6:31 AM

Mar 2017
SpritezUp said:
I don't agree with your reasoning but alright.

Jay_the_abro said:
I hate how people ignore how nino DRUGGED fuutaro ichika is still bad though if im putting in order who i like AFTER READING THE MANGA itsuki yotsuba miku nino ichika
Mine is like -> Yotsuba, Ichika, Miku/Nino/Itsuki

Zayn_jl said:
bro her personality is trash she treats the MC like he is trash
I agree, but all I meant by my statement is Ichika is unnecessarily hated while Nino who is as worse is excused. Anyhow, there is no reason for hate.
n__kJun 18, 2021 7:41 AM
Jun 18, 2021 7:17 PM
Jun 2021
People would hate Ichika in the last few episodes of the anime. But if you continue with the manga the so called hatres might vanish.
Jun 19, 2021 7:43 AM
Jan 2021
All my homies hate Ichika, but fuck Nino, too.
Jun 19, 2021 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
Well People hate Ichika after what she did to Miku, she cheated to get Fuutaro. @n__k while why did they ignore Nino because after the Motorcycle Arc was adapted or in the eps 7 she changed people's impression of her who initially hated her to like her. you can see how the popularity of Nino increased when S2 aired.

removed-userJun 19, 2021 10:54 AM
Jun 19, 2021 4:36 PM
Apr 2021
literally_boba said:
n__k said:

That's just hypocritical for them to hate Ichika for her crimes but give Nino a free pass. (Nino is cute especially in season 2 but that doesn't make up).

Completely different things, Nino just don’t want Futaro in her sisters life, Ichika straight betrayed her sister.
Jun 19, 2021 4:37 PM
Mar 2021
Bimbo1100 said:
literally_boba said:

Completely different things, Nino just don’t want Futaro in her sisters life, Ichika straight betrayed her sister.
Just found out through other responses and I heard Ichika stole Miku's identity and lied, and basically became the Nakano Mami (Only rent-a-girlfriend fans will understand)

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

211 by Joshadow »»
Jun 3, 11:31 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

262 by Meriurin »»
May 27, 10:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 11, 2021

199 by Meriurin »»
May 27, 8:43 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

188 by Meriurin »»
May 27, 12:45 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

188 by Meriurin »»
May 26, 11:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.