Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2009 4:04 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I admit, I teared up during Sadako's cry during the test. Along side the darker tones of color, it really gave off a depressing mood. I would have cried if my eyes weren't so tired from the lack of sleep...

Leave it to Sadako to look cute crying later on though. I'm glad Kazehaya was able to pull her back into a brighter outlook on the days to come. Hopefully we can see this rumor thing resolved next week, I miss seeing everyone together already.

Uuuuuuuu~
Somebody save Sadako from bullying in the restrooms.
lol at Ryu trying to comfort Chizu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2009 4:47 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck, I knew they were going to end the episode there, but I was hoping that they would
end this episode with the resolution of this. Arrrrgggghhhh, another week of waiting. ;_;
Nov 3, 2009 5:28 PM
Oct 2007
Albeit that being a really good and touching episode, they're totally stretching this rumor/misunderstanding arc out. The bathroom scene should have started midway through the episode instead. Nevertheless, next week's episode is going to be so awesome.
Nov 3, 2009 7:05 PM

Nov 2007
Sawako's thinking while breakfast. Her parents saw her dropped her rice.

It's time for midterms, and Yano sits her original seat. Yano noticed that she quietly sat on her testing seat without saying good morning to her. She even didn't look at her.

Sawako felt like the time when she sat on the seat with her friends never existed. She thinks that even if their misunderstanding is resolved, she cannot be like before because they are already hurt. She decided to be alone like the beginning. But at least she helped them a bit by giving Yashiro notebooks and wanting to tell kaidan to Yano. Then she cried when thinking about Kazehaya.

After school, she met Kazehaya, who was waiting for her. Kazehaya asked her why she's avoiding him. Sawako began to say sorry while crying. Kazehaya was shocked, but he insisted her to tell the reason. Sawako, then, said while crying that being with her will have bad luck. Kazehaya doesn't believe in rumors. He will decide if he will talk to her or not himself.

Kazehaya gave her a drink while waiting her calming down. She's thankful and gave him the money back! Kazehaya laughed a bit and accepted her money. Kazehaya's laugh softened Sawako's despair.

Kazehaya heard the reason for Sawako's despair (the rumor), and asked Sawako's feeling if the friend who heard the rumor about him/her and left them. Sawako said no, she wants to be with him/her. Kazehaya said Yano and Yashida might think the same thing. At least he felt that, Sawako said sorry, and he said don't ever do that again!

Sawako decided to explain that not only classmates, she wants to be friends with Yano and Yashiro. Kazehaya supports her.

At school, Yano and that weird spiky-haired teacher met at stairs. He told her to go back home to study, she said she's going to library to study. She blamed on him.

He said, not knowing the situation, don't blame on others, problem won't solve by blaming on others.

Yano accidentally saw kaidan book that Sawako borrowed and keeps finding other kaidan books for her name on the name card.

Yashida, outside her house, met Ryu, who was running. Ryu talked with her. Then he asked a good question; how can she spread rumor. He said that there's many possibilities for saying "sorry" and not saying like. At her room, she's reading Sawako's notebook for her.

At night, Yano called Yashida out. They talked about the midterm so far, but especially Sawako. They were shocked at the smile they saw before. They thought they know her well, but actually not. They are going to try and understand Sawako.

Even though she has determination, Sawako is nervous about when she met them. She is in the restroom, where there are people being scared. Then she heard people talking. She came out to try to say the rumor is false without knowing that it was "her" who said the rumor. They began to pick on her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 3, 2009 7:16 PM

Oct 2009
The beginning was so painful to watch that I teared up. I don't understand yet how much anime can effect someone like me in emotions but this one does one job I have never experience in my life. Seeing Sawako not eat everything and tear up at the exam was too much for me along with the happy moments she reminded herself of. The rest was a up (happiness) and down (sadness). I was happy when Kazehaya was determined to help Sawako and got her that drink with a nice talk with her. There was some comedy of Pin/Yano conversation. I liked they precise the date being around september. I also liked the serious tone of Yoshida/Ryuu conversation with some comedy mixed in. Found that the notes of Sawako to Yoshida were really well organized and was impressed by that. Scenery at night and Yoshida/Yano conversation...very nice. At the end the conversation of Sawako VS those 5 girls turning into a aggresive one....I just hope Yano/Yoshida come in time or that fist of Sawako in rage punches one of the girls. Don't give up Sawako! I share my sadness with you all so much I felt like a knife going through my heart, especially since Sawako is my anime wife. I am going to take some air......
Anyone is welcomed to share the sadness of this moment with me from this scene.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 3, 2009 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
I know, Sawako's tear during midterm was so sad. Like Kazehaya said, please don't give up, Sawako! It seems like there will be good things happens to relationship between Sawako and her friend, but other students believes that it was Sawako who started the rumor. I'm glad that Kazehaya understood her.
Nov 3, 2009 9:20 PM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
I know, Sawako's tear during midterm was so sad. Like Kazehaya said, please don't give up, Sawako! It seems like there will be good things happens to relationship between Sawako and her friend, but other students believes that it was Sawako who started the rumor. I'm glad that Kazehaya understood her.

Yeah the air helped. This one hit me harder than last episode. The comedy made it up a little but it did not help much. This one is going to be hard to watch again. I wonder if Sawako will punch out someone? She looked like she was having a solid fist at the end of the episode. I am so attached to Sawako that it becomes sometimes too real. Ef first season did numbers like that to me but not as much as the attachement I have to Sawako. This episode proved emotions of sadness in me. I hope this gets solved soon but from the way Kazehaya was....he will never forgive that person who started all this. I already see that in his face during this episode. What do you think tsubasalover?

Nov 3, 2009 10:36 PM

Nov 2007
francismeunier said:
tsubasalover said:

Yeah the air helped. This one hit me harder than last episode. The comedy made it up a little but it did not help much. This one is going to be hard to watch again. I wonder if Sawako will punch out someone? She looked like she was having a solid fist at the end of the episode. I am so attached to Sawako that it becomes sometimes too real. Ef first season did numbers like that to me but not as much as the attachement I have to Sawako. This episode proved emotions of sadness in me. I hope this gets solved soon but from the way Kazehaya was....he will never forgive that person who started all this. I already see that in his face during this episode. What do you think tsubasalover?

For a person who already read manga, it's hard to comment on the story after this, especially the last shot when Sawako having a solid fist.
Nov 3, 2009 10:51 PM
Feb 2009
I was hoping for a duel, not an ending song.
Nov 3, 2009 11:14 PM

Jun 2009
The first half of the epi was sort of sad, the second half was meh but I still liked it. Sawako is growing some balls and hopefully next week will be the end of this arc which has gone for too long.
Nov 3, 2009 11:44 PM

Apr 2008
i consider this a filler ... it took too long to tell the story

i mean last week i was expecting to see "next weeks" episode , this could of been done without ........
Nov 3, 2009 11:50 PM
May 2008
wtf you can't end the episode like that!!!!!
Nov 4, 2009 12:07 AM
May 2009
Yeahmm...here I was, thinking that the episode was going to have a happy ending, and I get a clenched fist instead.
francismeunier said:
This one is going to be hard to watch again.

Agreed.
Nov 4, 2009 12:08 AM

Jun 2007
Kazehaya-kuuuuuuuun. <3

Nov 4, 2009 12:09 AM
Oct 2009
Another cliffhanger again?! I don't know if my heart can take any more. :((
Nov 4, 2009 12:51 AM

Oct 2008
Yes, I'll admit too. I teared up. D'x *sniffles* From start to finish, in every episode, I'm completely absorbed.

Everyone says that there is bad pacing. I'm just happy it's on air. My god, this show is so charming. I can't wait for next week.

Nov 4, 2009 12:58 AM

Sep 2008
I thought the pacing was good too, I mean, it would feel really odd if everything spiraled down the last episode and then everything is cleared the next.

I think it is important to see how Sadako will grow and obtain the things she has already lost through this predicament over time. She can't have everything handed to her on a silver platter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2009 1:00 AM

Jul 2009
From the title i already guess it will not ended this episode..
Boy how i love Cliffhanger XD

Gahh women's toilet sometime is scary..

Yay for Pin and Ryuu XD

Yano x Pin? anyone??
Nov 4, 2009 1:03 AM

Feb 2008
This episode felt too short ;_;
Nov 4, 2009 1:04 AM

Mar 2009
Fist clenched at the end... OMG!

Loved the EP! Was like "Nooooooo" when it ended.
Nov 4, 2009 1:09 AM

Jun 2008
aww.. cliffhanger zzz..
cant w8 for ep 6......

Nov 4, 2009 2:16 AM

Dec 2008
A smile appeared on my face with the clenched fist.
Damn Cliffhangers.

Can't agree on there being bad pacing. IMO its going at a rate that this anime can sustain and exploit to its fullest potentional.
Nov 4, 2009 2:43 AM

May 2008
next episode is gonna be great, Ryuu is a funny boy rofl

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 4, 2009 3:21 AM
Oct 2009
I really liked this episode with the little bits of comedy in there to lighten stuff up a bit. And for that ending scene I wondered if Sawako actually has it in her to knock that chick out.

Nov 4, 2009 3:57 AM

Apr 2009
A bit slow isn't it? I feel like some of the misunderstandings should've been cleared up already, but it's still okay.
"It's all a misunderstanding" has been cycling constantly in my head during these last two episodes.
I guess the cliffhanger at the end is an early sign for the conclusion of the rumors in the next episode!
mell4444Nov 4, 2009 4:05 AM
Nov 4, 2009 4:08 AM

Oct 2009
Saw a second time..yeah it was hard again, especially that scene in my spoiler but also Yoshida when she looked at Sawako's notes that she made for her in her room. The very high part of hope was that part of Kazehaya holding her hand and saying it is his decision to see her. That girl who spread the rumors just screwed a lot with Kazehaya....meaning I am sure he will never ever like her for something like this. Personally I really want Yano and Yoshida to screw her bad. To do something like that a nice innocent girl like Sawako is unforgetable. Apart from Ef first season this episode made me twice T_T I wonder when I watch it a third time. Curse you rumor spreading girl.

Nov 4, 2009 4:24 AM

May 2009
I can't believe she looks that cute even when crying :D But i'm glad she was honest with him!
lol, she payed for the drink XD

I'd love to see that Ryuu guy comforting Yoshida :D

You know what would be fun? If Sadako turned SUPER SAIYAN AND KICKED EVERYONE'S BUTT XD lol
Nov 4, 2009 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
What a horrible way to end the episode T_T
Nov 4, 2009 6:27 AM

Sep 2009
This is the 2nd time writing the entire thing agn..F#$#%$% firefox froze rite when i pressed post msg button.

francismeunier said:

Thankyou for making me cry agn.This scene is just too hard to watch...
francismeunier said:
Kazehaya holding her hand and saying it is his decision to see her

This was such a beautiful moment.Did u notice he was holding her hand for quite awhile..Aww *Ureshi!!*
x3mslayer said:
I can't believe she looks that cute even when crying :D But i'm glad she was honest with him!

Seriously she looks like a little girl saying "all the boys are picking on me"--shes so cute!!!
Me glad too, seriously its just to sad to see so many sad things simultanously..-( dont know if this sentence actually made any sense though)

Didnt know Ryuu and Yoshida were childhood friends...i feel something may happen between them..*lovey dovey*

Glad this episode had humour in it and the whole removing misunderstanding with Kazehaya or else would have cried the entire time like in ep 4 ...
Nov 4, 2009 6:58 AM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
This is the 2nd time writing the entire thing agn..F#$#%$% firefox froze rite when i pressed post msg button.

francismeunier said:

Linalee-Stratos said:
Thankyou for making me cry agn.This scene is just too hard to watch...

Yeah, it was hard, really hard. I had some experience from Ef first season but this one just hit suddenly, since I am so attached to Sawako, it hit really hard.
francismeunier said:
Kazehaya holding her hand and saying it is his decision to see her

Linalee-Stratos said:
This was such a beautiful moment.Did u notice he was holding her hand for quite awhile..Aww *Ureshi!!*

Yeah, that was so nice, should have hugged and say something "I will not leave you no matter what or how sad and lonely you get" That would make it more incredible.
x3mslayer said:

Linalee-Stratos said:
Seriously she looks like a little girl saying "all the boys are picking on me"--shes so cute!!!
Me glad too, seriously its just to sad to see so many sad things simultanously..-( dont know if this sentence actually made any sense though)

Ok me third on Sawako being honest with Kazehaya. It was a good thing of Sawako to do to have Kazehaya understand her more.
Linalee-Stratos said:
Didnt know Ryuu and Yoshida were childhood friends...i feel something may happen between them..*lovey dovey*

Yeah me too. It feels it might. It would be good for Yoshida.
Linalee-Stratos said:
Glad this episode had humour in it and the whole removing misunderstanding with Kazehaya or else would have cried the entire time like in ep 4 ...

Yeah and the rumor spreading girl.....she really must get bad luck and have something happen to her.

Nov 4, 2009 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
A little too much tears this time around.

Sawako won't fist-fight, will she?
Nov 4, 2009 8:20 AM

Sep 2008
She should punch the hell out of those annoying girls.

... but being Sawako, I guess she won't.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 4, 2009 8:22 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
A little too much tears this time around.

That would interesting to see if it is out of rage. I am more worried about those 5 girls if they are going to traumatize her too much.
rlime said:

I am hoping that Yano and Yoshida would punch them...I know they could.

Nov 4, 2009 8:31 AM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
Proselyt said:

That would interesting to see if it is out of rage. I am more worried about those 5 girls if they are going to traumatize her too much.
rlime said:

I loved the part where Yano said " we already lover her right" to yoshida.Sawako should really watch the ep to see that ...he he.^___^

Guessing this is how its going to turn out: Sawako is in the verge of hitting but ofcourse she wont because we all know how she wont ever have anything to do with voilence.thats when yano and yoshia comes and screams at the other girls and tells them to get lost...Sawako, yano and yoshida talk, make up and they live happy ever after...*hope so*
I loved the part where Yano said " we already lover her right" to yoshida.Sawako should really watch the ep to see that ...he he.^___^
ValentilnNov 4, 2009 8:52 AM
Nov 4, 2009 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
francismeunier said:
Proselyt said:

rlime said:

Guessing this is how its going to turn out: Sawako is in the verge of hitting but ofcourse she wont because we all know how she wont ever have anything to do with voilence.thats when yano and yoshia comes and screams at the other girls and tells them to get lost...Sawako, yano and yoshida talk, make up and they live happy ever after...*hope so*

Yeah I agree with your comment but let's hope Yano/Yoshida come in time to save her. Also let's hope the rumor starting girl gets found out and taugh a lesson of any kind as long as it stops her for good.

Nov 4, 2009 9:20 AM

Apr 2009
Laevantein said:
Yano x Pin? anyone??

Thank God, I thought I was the only one.
Pin = awesome xD
Ryuu - NICE BO- I mean, VOICE. Being the only one not freaking out about the rumours and Sadako, he's slowly wiggling his way onto my Number 1 Character in Kimi ni Todoke spot. Also, the voice.
Sawako's drawings really do suck xD

Kuronuma, SLAP THAT BITCH D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 4, 2009 9:27 AM

Sep 2009
Aww poor Sawako ;__;
I felt like crying when she was crying during the test.
I wish they hadn't left it on a cliffhanger though, I hate it when they do that.
5/5
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Nov 4, 2009 9:27 AM

May 2009
I hereby declare that Ryuu is my favorite and hotest character in the series C: AND he has a sexy voice :D

Awwww, every time I see chibi sawako it makes me melt T.T
I wouldn't call this episode partly sad cuz it was a bit too overdone (like kinda melo) and Kazehara (uhhh, what was his name) saying "gambare" three times was VERY CHEESY ( i felt embarassed )

Apart from that I just loved this episode C: And don't get too over yourselves, kids, Sawako couldn't cat fight those bitches (then what would be the point of the "perfect-sweet-defensless" character? that IS the point of the series)

BTW, the humor in the series is so cute x) i've recently noticed. And Sawako giving back change to Kazehara was two times cuter T.T She made me go Yoshida-style ->

Can't wait for the next epi !! *o*

EDIT: I forgot my "kimi ni todoke routine" C: I have to mention for the fifth time that the graphics have made me go bolonies yet again *o*

EDIT2: btw, love pin xD
NanakoginNov 4, 2009 9:32 AM
Nov 4, 2009 9:30 AM
Nov 2008
I thought last week was gonna hit me hard, but it was this week that brought me to tears. From the moment the test started to the scene with Kazehaya, I was a mess. Been a while since I've seen a show like this, and absolutely can't get enough of it. Did not see that ending coming at all, and I am dying to see how it turns out.

Am I the only one who doesnt think Pin is awesome? He's just annoyingly in the way, and I don't care about him at all.
Nov 4, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
At first I thought that the pacing was tooooo sloooowwww.... actually, almost everything that happened during the ep is a range of the characters' reflections on what happened in the previous one. But then reconsidered: such pace is the best to give time to feel all those sad emotions. If it was 7 minutes of sadness and then everything is back to normal, we won't even feel it. That sadness is something that really stretches in time, when you feel bad - it seems to last forever! And this anime really delivers that.

And that dialogue between Kazehaya and Sawako, it was marvelous! It pleased so so much, it was a real pearl of this episode. I even took time to make up screenshots to be able to "re-watch it" (well, sort of ^^) again and again. (Warning, 8 images under spoiler!)

BTW, did anybody notice the magic of their hands movements? How gentle and carefully they did this... omg, that's amazing! =>___<=

thalandor46 said:
Am I the only one who doesnt think Pin is awesome? He's just annoyingly in the way, and I don't care about him at all.

I, too, don't think he's awesome.. but neither is he annoying, he was pretty funny in this episode: at the moment "Fix it yourself... even if it is all MY fault, bwahaha!"

Mod edit : Removed double post
NayahNov 6, 2009 12:41 AM
Nov 4, 2009 10:02 AM
Oct 2009
Pin is fantastic, mainly just for the comedic factor.

Nov 4, 2009 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
filachan said:
At first I thought that the pacing was tooooo sloooowwww.... actually, almost everything that happened during the ep is a range of the characters' reflections on what happened in the previous one. But then reconsidered: such pace is the best to give time to feel all those sad emotions. If it was 7 minutes of sadness and then everything is back to normal, we won't even feel it. That sadness is something that really stretches in time, when you feel bad - it seems to last forever! And this anime really delivers that.

And that dialogue between Kazehaya and Sawako, it was marvelous! It pleased so so much, it was a real pearl of this episode. I even took time to make up screenshots to be able to "re-watch it" (well, sort of ^^) again and again. (Warning, 8 images under spoiler!)

BTW, did anybody notice the magic of their hands movements? How gentle and carefully they did this... omg, that's amazing! =>___<=

That is a beautiful pic spoiler you made. A moment in this series not to forget. Kazehaya was gentle on her hand. I really want a real French girl like that....Japanese would be nice too. Thanks again for your work.

Nov 4, 2009 10:16 AM

Mar 2008
That scene where Sawako gives Kazehaya the 120 yen owned the entire episode. It was genius xD Btw, I loved Chizu during this ep. Her voice took me back to Eureka Seven and Renton. Very very much alike.

I thought the misunderstanding would be over by this episode. Seems they dragged the story a bit... oh well.

Ryuu come to comfort me too!!!
Nov 4, 2009 10:48 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:

That is a beautiful pic spoiler you made. A moment in this series not to forget. Kazehaya was gentle on her hand. I really want a real French girl like that....Japanese would be nice too. Thanks again for your work.

Oh, I'd really want a guy like that, in some ideal world, you know...
And, I am glad to share those pics :-)
Nov 4, 2009 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
Ryuu totally surprised me, he's a good friend . . . quiet but speaks when needed, way cool. I did think this arc was a little long but hopefully resolution will come soon.
And I totally thought Sawako was going to punch that girl's lights out! the ending was very unexpected, this ep was not my fav but Kazehaya really did his best at understanding the situation! <3
And Pin is a character you love to hate, but he does have a purpose as annoying as it may seem . . . *sigh*
Nov 4, 2009 11:51 AM

Apr 2009
mirichan00 said:
That scene where Sawako gives Kazehaya the 120 yen owned the entire episode. It was genius xD Btw

Haha I laughed really loudly at that part! :D

The episode was great and at the end she clenched her fists i hope that she will not be beaten by those girls :(
Nov 4, 2009 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, sawako is my queen. *-* And bathroom in the girls .. f*ck you i knew not what
Nov 4, 2009 12:20 PM

May 2007
Poor pacing. I thought this conflict was going to be over last week -- and now it's going to be done until next week? Meh.

Don't get me wrong, this episode flew by and it was interesting and entertaining, but when the credits went on, I was like, "Huh? It's been 20 minutes? <pause> ...Nothing really happened!" The girls moped for 20 minutes and each had to have a boy fly in and and straighten them out. ...I don't know how I feel about that.
Nov 4, 2009 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
Now is interrisant
Nov 4, 2009 12:39 PM

Feb 2009
Incredibly sweet, although this "issue" has been dragged on way too long, I still love it. ^^

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jakeki - Feb 2, 2010

242 by biuberry »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 13, 2009

324 by Sasha08 »»
May 26, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

211 by biuberry »»
May 7, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 6, 2009

381 by charmingmaan »»
Apr 27, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

171 by 068 »»
Apr 27, 2:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.