Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2020 7:28 PM

Apr 2017
Before watching this show I heard pretty negative things about it. Lots of people saying to not even bother watching it and that "it doesn’t exist", but I for one think it is worth the watch. It may not be a 10/10 masterpiece, but it is a pretty compelling story and kept me interested from start to finish. I plan on reading the VN to see if the hate is warranted for this adaptation.
Sep 20, 2020 5:31 PM
Dec 2012
It may not literally be the worst show ever but its still a fairly poor one. Most of the changes it makes to the VN are in service of making the characters and story more generic and therefore less interesting.

Poor Shiki for example basically has nothing in common with his counterpart in the VN.
Oct 19, 2020 6:34 PM

Sep 2020
Trust me, the VN is WAY better than this adaptation. Arcueid actually has a personality and Shiki is an actual good character. They also mashed together all the routes together (similar to Deen/Stay Night but much worse)

There is a very good reason why most fans ignore this anime and I'm one of those people.
Jan 2, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2009
I've seen the show before playing the VN so maybe I have a less biased look, personaly I think it was quite a good show, but after playing the VN I can understand why the fans hated it, for me the show is what made me look for the VN and I've learned to see it as two different works.
Jan 2, 2021 5:56 PM

Feb 2010
it's shit because it basically using the character names and skipping/splicing together several different routes into 1 without the actual good parts.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 3, 2021 5:06 PM

Apr 2017
hazarddex said:
it's shit because it basically using the character names and skipping/splicing together several different routes into 1 without the actual good parts.
I get what you are saying, but a lot of other VN adaptations do that as well. As someone that hasn’t read the VN I thought it was pretty good.
Jan 6, 2021 9:19 PM
Jan 2017
I just started watching this after reading the vn, and I can say that it's a bad bad adaptation of arcueid's route of the vn. The main characters are so different from their vn counterpart. They also added unnecessary filler episodes while skipping a lot of details from the source material.

But then again I'm obviously biased. And I do acknowledge it's existence, it's type moon's first anime after all
Jan 25, 2021 5:33 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Aslat24 said:
hazarddex said:
I get what you are saying, but a lot of other VN adaptations do that as well. As someone that hasn’t read the VN I thought it was pretty good.

I think half the issue people have with adaptions is that they compare the source material to the adaption. And when there's a big change of medium such as VN to Anime, there's often going to be problems. And it's pretty impossible to create a perfect adaption of it as well.

I mean, Tsukihime is approx 750,000 words of text. Trying to compress all of that storyline into 12, 20 minute long episodes is absurd. Of course you're going to miss out on a lot of stuff.

It's the same issue with comparing anime to live action versions of anime. You really cannot compare the two.

On it's own, Tsukihime is actually a pretty good anime, from what I remember of it. But if you compare it to the original VN then you will ALWAYS be disappointed. Because for me, books can usually tell a story in more detail. And the complaints here is that the anime lacks detail. Case in point.

Apr 7, 2021 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
The story is good. Is just that the director is bad.
And mostly the MC is gay. He is gay.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

lunarcrusader - Jan 8, 2008

136 by Randomega »»
Jun 9, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 11 Discussion

zq - Jan 23, 2008

36 by metalrain_15 »»
Apr 10, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 10 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

24 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 9 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

21 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shingetsutan Tsukihime Episode 8 Discussion

babykeiji - Feb 19, 2008

31 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 14, 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.