Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 1, 2019 11:56 AM
Oct 2016
gastert said:
It is underrated, it should be 8+...

Yup, exactly right.
Jan 1, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2012
I fail to see how it is overrated when the score is just 7.7

For me, Goblin Slayer is the 3rd best anime this season after JoJo and Slime anime

Jan 1, 2019 1:39 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
gastert said:
It is underrated, it should be 8+...

Yup, exactly right.
You would say that fanboys. Next 3 years Goblin Slayer will remember for first episode. Goblin Slayer rip off Hellsing
Jan 1, 2019 2:40 PM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
UTJeff316 said:

Yup, exactly right.
You would say that fanboys. Next 3 years Goblin Slayer will remember for first episode. Goblin Slayer rip off Hellsing

You're calling me fanboy like it's an insult. You're posting on an anime forum you numpty. Do you even know where you are right now?

Yeah I'm a fucking fanboy. And guess what? So are you, you silly sot.
Jan 2, 2019 4:03 AM
Aug 2018
I would say it's OverHated. This series did not wanted to be anything more than what it is.
Jan 2, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2010
It was very clever to have a pretty controversial first episode, in case like this controversy just means a lot of free publicity. I started watching this just so I could shitpost about goblin rape.
The show itself was somewhat enjoyable despite the lack of story and the characters that felt like they were written by a 12 year old.
By MAL standards a 7,7/10 seems like a fair score even if this show was way too popular for what it was,
Jan 2, 2019 10:48 AM
Oct 2016
gubruikertje said:
It was very clever to have a pretty controversial first episode, in case like this controversy just means a lot of free publicity. I started watching this just so I could shitpost about goblin rape.
The show itself was somewhat enjoyable despite the lack of story and the characters that felt like they were written by a 12 year old.
By MAL standards a 7,7/10 seems like a fair score even if this show was way too popular for what it was,

That's sort of a really weird critique. "Written by a 12 year old." Based on what exactly?

You know what movie I watch and I feel like the characters are written by a 12 year old? Michael Bay's Transformers films. Look at Revenge of the Fallen. You have the two Autobots, Mudflap and Skids, speaking like they are racist stereotypes of black people.

In those movies, you have eye candy Megan Fox who is barely even a character. You have all these zany supporting characters who do these insane things. The mother gets high on pot and then runs around tackling people and talking about seeing her son lose his virginity. The father going crazy about his dogs humping each other. That is juvenile, immature writing and characterization to me.

Just because Goblin Slayer features themes of violence, rape, and other mature issues in a fantasy setting hardly makes it juvenile.
Jan 2, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2016
No, a score between 7,5 and 8 seems right to me, the last two episodes were pretty good. I mean, it's not even top 1000. Maybe it's too popular for what it is, but it's not a bad thing per se.

GreenNet said:
I would say it's OverHated. This series did not wanted to be anything more than what it is.
Jan 2, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2010
UTJeff316 said:

In those movies, you have eye candy Megan Fox who is barely even a character. You have all these zany supporting characters who do these insane things. The mother gets high on pot and then runs around tackling people and talking about seeing her son lose his virginity. The father going crazy about his dogs humping each other. That is juvenile, immature writing and characterization to me.

Just because Goblin Slayer features themes of violence, rape, and other mature issues in a fantasy setting hardly makes it juvenile.

I don't know why you brought up Transformers but it almost sounds enjoyable the way you describe it. I really don't care for those kind of B action films but at times they can still be enjoyable if you're in the mood for some dumb action - there must have been a reason you saw those films right?
Now those films are also full of action and violence, although admittedly a lot more family friendly. A teenage kid probably really enjoys the "mature" issues such as rape violence and big breasts. The characters behave in no way mature, even the people who look down on the protagonist seems to be pretty friendly or are portayed as dumb and weak. His companions seems to be mostly women, who are all very friendly and extremely naive.
Why the hell does the series try to pretend he is some kind of dark anti-hero just for slaughtering inherently evil creatures? For some mysterious reason it is absolutly not done that he uses water fire or poison (or something like that) to kill the goblins but the elf girl doesn't complain when killing them one by one with swords and arrows?

A fantasy world doesn't need to be dark or edgy like berserk or have people dying by droves like in game of thrones but this kind of world feels to me like a kid tried to make a similar world with "mature" and "dark" themes like rape and violence but build the entire world around the protagonist and will it with cardboard characters and women whose sole purpose is swooning over the overpowered MC with their big bosom.
Jan 2, 2019 3:16 PM
Oct 2016
I brought it up as something that feels like it's written by a 12 year old or would be more pleasing to teenagers and adolescents, which those movies catered to. I don't get that sense from Goblin Slayer despite your flawed critique.

Why the hell does the series try to pretend he is some kind of dark anti-hero just for slaughtering inherently evil creatures? For some mysterious reason it is absolutly not done that he uses water fire or poison (or something like that) to kill the goblins but the elf girl doesn't complain when killing them one by one with swords and arrows?

Who said he was a dark antihero? How is the show pretending he is?

As for not using those methods, the practical reason is that they could be dangerous and have dangerous side effects. In episode 2, Priestess asks if they can not use flammable liquids because they can cause an avalanche or cave-in or landslide.

They didn't want them doing too much damage in the sewers because that could potentially endanger the town. Goblin Slayer tends to think more about "kill all the goblins" as quickly and efficiently as possible without worrying too hard about what comes after.

A fantasy world doesn't need to be dark or edgy like berserk or have people dying by droves like in game of thrones but this kind of world feels to me like a kid tried to make a similar world with "mature" and "dark" themes like rape and violence but build the entire world around the protagonist and will it with cardboard characters and women whose sole purpose is swooning over the overpowered MC with their big bosom.

Not the very best constructed argument. For one thing, Goblin Slayer isn't really over-powered. The female characters also exhibit plenty of character development and characteristics outside of swooning over the main character.
Jan 2, 2019 4:13 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
I brought it up as something that feels like it's written by a 12 year old or would be more pleasing to teenagers and adolescents, which those movies catered to. I don't get that sense from Goblin Slayer despite your flawed critique.

Who said he was a dark antihero? How is the show pretending he is?

As for not using those methods, the practical reason is that they could be dangerous and have dangerous side effects. In episode 2, Priestess asks if they can not use flammable liquids because they can cause an avalanche or cave-in or landslide.

They didn't want them doing too much damage in the sewers because that could potentially endanger the town. Goblin Slayer tends to think more about "kill all the goblins" as quickly and efficiently as possible without worrying too hard about what comes after.

Not the very best constructed argument. For one thing, Goblin Slayer isn't really over-powered. The female characters also exhibit plenty of character development and characteristics outside of swooning over the main character.
This you, every time you defend goblin slayer from sane fans admit flaws in goblin slayer or people who hated it "Stop it making of fun Goblin Slayer or You being SJW". The Author admit Goblin Slayer is nothing than some shitty dnd fanfic with tit and bloods.
Jan 2, 2019 4:26 PM
Apr 2018
I think it's good tho.
Jan 2, 2019 7:39 PM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
This you, every time you defend goblin slayer from sane fans admit flaws in goblin slayer or people who hated it "Stop it making of fun Goblin Slayer or You being SJW". The Author admit Goblin Slayer is nothing than some shitty dnd fanfic with tit and bloods.

I've yet to see a sane remark from you yet on these forums, or anything that reads in a coherent fashion.
Jan 2, 2019 7:46 PM

Jan 2017
Off model moments and a recap episode to remind us that he's Goblin Slayer and he slays goblins.

Also plotting and pacing are terrible.
Jan 2, 2019 8:20 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:

I've yet to see a sane remark from you yet on these forums, or anything that reads in a coherent fashion.
Author decided that a work where the primary antagonist species has one single trait, "rapist," and that was a super cool idea. You can provide whatever in-setting justification that you like, but there's plenty of space to make a menacing enemy without jumping to the laziest gut-reaction-producing trope.
Jan 2, 2019 8:42 PM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
Author decided that a work where the primary antagonist species has one single trait, "rapist," and that was a super cool idea. You can provide whatever in-setting justification that you like, but there's plenty of space to make a menacing enemy without jumping to the laziest gut-reaction-producing trope.

None of those are valid reasons why the goblins can't exhibit that trait in order to reproduce. No author has any obligation to tell a story to fit what you believe is a menacing enemy without using the laziest gut reaction.

Also, why is it lazy? Because it's a cruel and horrific act? I mean that's not a good reason not to use that topic in a story.
Jan 2, 2019 9:35 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:

None of those are valid reasons why the goblins can't exhibit that trait in order to reproduce. No author has any obligation to tell a story to fit what you believe is a menacing enemy without using the laziest gut reaction.

Also, why is it lazy? Because it's a cruel and horrific act? I mean that's not a good reason not to use that topic in a story.
A races that need to rape to exist as a species. Sound like every b horror movies and aliens. But Alien did first and wasn't writing by light novels author trying make name for themselves. I can forgive and over look alien films. Because alien did first. Man and Women can implant by face hugger.
Jan 2, 2019 10:08 PM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
A races that need to rape to exist as a species. Sound like every b horror movies and aliens. But Alien did first and wasn't writing by light novels author trying make name for themselves. I can forgive and over look alien films. Because alien did first. Man and Women can implant by face hugger.

I'm not seeing why that's a problem or should be restricted from a story.

So basically, you acknowledge a classic sci-fi horror franchise that did this and is held up as classic and iconic is acceptable? So what if Alien did it first, which I doubt it did, why do you not trash it for using it the laziest gut reaction trope?

Also, Dragon Age has a species like this. They are called the Darkspawn.

UTJeff316Jan 2, 2019 10:11 PM
Jan 2, 2019 10:24 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:

I'm not seeing why that's a problem or should be restricted from a story.

So basically, you acknowledge a classic sci-fi horror franchise that did this and is held up as classic and iconic is acceptable? So what if Alien did it first, which I doubt it did, why do you not trash it for using it the laziest gut reaction trope?

Also, Dragon Age has a species like this. They are called the Darkspawn.

People in dragon age recognize darkspawn as threat to world ,creating grey warden and sent aid to help their cause. As people in goblin slayer are incompetent and see goblin as low tier monsters. Why only few people see goblins as threats?
Jan 2, 2019 10:55 PM
May 2017
BadAshley said:
to remind us that he's Goblin Slayer and he slays goblins.

whoa, don't go posting major spoilers unmarked

/s
Jan 3, 2019 2:26 AM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
People in dragon age recognize darkspawn as threat to world ,creating grey warden and sent aid to help their cause. As people in goblin slayer are incompetent and see goblin as low tier monsters. Why only few people see goblins as threats?

Because the demon lord is resurrected and assembling an army. The capital is filled with his minions and demons. The Kings and rulers of the other races are more focused on that threat.

It's called paying attention to the story. Something I wouldn't expect you to understand.
UTJeff316Jan 3, 2019 9:37 PM
Jan 3, 2019 12:29 PM
Jan 2019
I didn't even know the rape part was a factor in thinking it's a bad show, why is everyone so fixated on that tiny scene? It was just there just to show how evil goblins were, give it a rest.
What's more, I think if it had been edgier in that respect throughout all the episodes, it would have been better, because it was a boooooore. Boring characters, boring villains, boring conflicts and boring solutions, even boring opening and ending. So yeah, it's overrated regarding how refreshing and dark its fans THINK it is.
Jan 3, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2018
Yeah, it definitely is. There isn't enough actual story to care about anything that is going on. Who cares if the characters are in a bad situation if we don't know anything about them? To me it is a show that is constantly bombarded with so much action and so little story that you don't really care about anything.
Jan 3, 2019 9:38 PM
Oct 2016
seanmagicalweeb said:
Yeah, it definitely is. There isn't enough actual story to care about anything that is going on. Who cares if the characters are in a bad situation if we don't know anything about them? To me it is a show that is constantly bombarded with so much action and so little story that you don't really care about anything.

We seem to learn quite a bit about them.
Jan 5, 2019 10:44 AM
Sep 2018
Ahaha why people always had hate within their body . Why we cant just appreciate things ? Why we always find fault ? Even if its not deserve ? Why cant you just keep your hate within urself ? Its not like every other ppl had same mindset as you ! Pls stop
Jan 23, 2019 6:02 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
seanmagicalweeb said:

We seem to learn quite a bit about them.
That goblin slayer is about author stupid fetishes and got punish for it.
AceofcardJan 23, 2019 6:08 PM
Jan 26, 2019 1:31 AM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:

Your grammar and posts are hot garbage.
Jan 26, 2019 9:00 AM
Sep 2015
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:

Because the demon lord is resurrected and assembling an army. The capital is filled with his minions and demons. The Kings and rulers of the other races are more focused on that threat.

It's called paying attention to the story. Something I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Gee, its almost as if its important to SHOW people this particularly "important" info instead of just TELLING people about this off-screen demon lord.
Jan 26, 2019 9:55 AM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Aceofcard said:

Your grammar and posts are hot garbage.
Goblin Slayer is show about Shitty DM injecting his shitty fetishes in games and people of game have deal DM bullshit. You knew Goblin Slayer is dnd fanfic. There part of story "Gods playing their creation like dnd game. It's proof that Kumo Kagyu had green skin rape fetishes.
Jan 26, 2019 2:02 PM
Oct 2016
loafman said:
UTJeff316 said:

Gee, its almost as if its important to SHOW people this particularly "important" info instead of just TELLING people about this off-screen demon lord.

Yeah I wonder why they didn't.

Jan 26, 2019 5:44 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
loafman said:

I bet 10 buck that girl get rape or almost rape by goblins. Giving past example "Sword Maiden" and writing by Shitty Dungeon Master Kumo Kagyu who feel to add his rape fetishes in game.
AceofcardJan 28, 2019 1:36 PM
Jan 26, 2019 7:31 PM
Sep 2015
UTJeff316 said:
loafman said:

A few seconds of flashbacks that don't properly convey the threat that the vague silhouette of the demon lord poses hardly SHOWS anything. Its lazy writing.
Jan 27, 2019 8:30 AM
Sep 2017
Its too dumb.

It should be below 7

Jan 27, 2019 5:21 PM
May 2016
loafman said:
UTJeff316 said:

A few seconds of flashbacks that don't properly convey the threat that the vague silhouette of the demon lord poses hardly SHOWS anything. Its lazy writing.
Goblin Slayer about Kumo Kagyu teenage power fantasy. Hint characters lack of names and all female characters are made be candy eye.
Jan 27, 2019 9:03 PM

Dec 2012
I think you saw only the surface. Definitely overhyped but not overrated.
Jan 28, 2019 11:09 AM
May 2016
DaylightBlue said:
I think you saw only the surface. Definitely overhyped but not overrated.
I still think goblin slayer is Dungeon Masters or players bad storytelling come to life. There part in goblin slayer Gods playing dnd with their creations in their rape fetishes games. In real life some people try injecting their horrible fetishes in games and they got drop from the game.
Jan 29, 2019 1:38 AM
Oct 2018
In my personal opinion GS is both over-rated and under-rated.
People tend to have extremely polarized views saying it's the next best thing since hot chocolate or that it is a blight unto the world that must be purged.

In my opinion it's a good anime but with substantial flaws (mainly in tone coherency, pacing during the fight scenes and pretty bad dialogue writing in some places).
It's nothing ground-breaking and objectively not the best anime of it's season (even thought it was my personal favourite of the season).
Jan 29, 2019 6:00 AM

Sep 2016
VengefulAura said:
This show has been okay to watch, the gore, animation, and art style are nice but, the characters are cardboard and boring. Even Goblin Slayer himself is not very interesting, barely has any dialogue. All episodes turn out the same basically, "Let's kill Goblins". Am I wrong for having this opinion?

Yes Goblin slayer is overrated. The only reason why people like it is because it has violence, gore, torture, and rape.

Sadly that's all an anime really needs in order to attract droves of semi-retarded fanboys to gush over it with every breath they take.

The only people who watch goblin slayer and say it's groundbreaking are the people who violently insist that akama ga kill and future diary are works of art.

In reality, goblin slayer is a painful slog from start to finish that will only give you any entertainment if you turn your brain off < Which is the only thing anime fans do nowadays.
I've surpassed your limit!
Feb 2, 2019 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
Not sure about it being overrated or not but its definitely anime that you watch once,give it 5 or 6 and dont bother with it anymore.Ill try reading a little bit of manga, maybe it gets better...which I doubt.
Feb 2, 2019 8:28 PM
Apr 2016
VengefulAura said:
the characters are cardboard and boring. Even Goblin Slayer himself is not very interesting, barely has any dialogue. All episodes turn out the same basically, "Let's kill Goblins"

can't agree more..
Feb 3, 2019 2:37 AM
Jan 2014
I liked a few things from the start, like when the Goblin Slayer went and killed the goblin children. Usually, in other anime, the children would be spared, or GS would've been persuaded by the priestess girl not to kill them. That would've been so typical of other shows, but not in this one.

Sure, some characters like the elf girl are annoying and GS is also a bit annoying with his short, monotonous and repetitive answers, or how he is a chick magnet despite doing very little. But overall, it's not that bad.

It's an above average show. Come to think of it, about 60% of anime are above average, 30% are average, about 9% are below average (horrible) and 1% are really great. This one falls into the 60%.
Feb 5, 2019 2:29 PM
May 2016
Blink_Dagger said:
VengefulAura said:
the characters are cardboard and boring. Even Goblin Slayer himself is not very interesting, barely has any dialogue. All episodes turn out the same basically, "Let's kill Goblins"

can't agree more..
Goblin Slayer come off dnd fanfic. It's like playing Shitty DM injecting his shitty fetishes in games and ruining the fun for anyone.
Feb 8, 2019 5:54 PM

Nov 2018
Given that you see about as many people talk about how worthless it is as you see talk about how awesome it is, I don’t think “overrated” really works here.

I would say the show is “rated.”
Feb 8, 2019 7:26 PM
May 2016
NoradTwo said:
Given that you see about as many people talk about how worthless it is as you see talk about how awesome it is, I don’t think “overrated” really works here.

Goblin Slayer is stupid dnd fanfic and you fail see it.
Feb 8, 2019 11:27 PM
Oct 2016
Aceofcard said:
NoradTwo said:

Goblin Slayer is stupid dnd fanfic and you fail see it.

The only failure here is your posts.
Feb 9, 2019 2:12 AM

Aug 2014
manga 8/10 anime 5/10

Feb 9, 2019 12:15 PM
Apr 2016
without being elitist ( and guys i've only seen the anime so i cannot tell about the manga content ) i would say that goblin slayer is destroyed by the fan service and by the basic "isekai fantasy" that we could see these last years. in MY opinion and yes because my opinion isnt the truth it looks like a typical sword art online bullshit "solo character , meet females , fall in love to this guy" this anime is TOO MUCH BASIC and the fan service let me think that the story isnt enough serious. The only good thing on this anime is the good acting voices and the quality of the artistic content..but hey this is only my opinion
Feb 9, 2019 10:12 PM
Oct 2016
Nanideska said:
without being elitist ( and guys i've only seen the anime so i cannot tell about the manga content ) i would say that goblin slayer is destroyed by the fan service and by the basic "isekai fantasy" that we could see these last years. in MY opinion and yes because my opinion isnt the truth it looks like a typical sword art online bullshit "solo character , meet females , fall in love to this guy" this anime is TOO MUCH BASIC and the fan service let me think that the story isnt enough serious. The only good thing on this anime is the good acting voices and the quality of the artistic content..but hey this is only my opinion

Except it's not isekai.
Feb 9, 2019 10:45 PM
May 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Nanideska said:

Except it's not isekai.
It's writing like isekai and the adventure guild proof that goblin slayer is game setting worlds because adventure guild only exists in game setting. What Sellsword company would hire inexperienced and no training fighters? Goblin Slayer is dnd match and roll dice who get rape. Goblin Slayer is about dm is too invest in his bad story and players have deal dm bullshits. Goblin Slayer is nothing more dnd fanfic
Feb 10, 2019 12:44 PM
Apr 2016
UTJeff316 said:
Nanideska said:

Except it's not isekai.

Isekai litteraly means " another world " but i forgive you
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.