Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2017 6:47 PM
Jun 2017
Hi,
My little brother likes cartoon very much, while I like anime. In fact, I don't know why the cartoon is called anime. Can anybody tell me the difference?
Btw, is there any country produced great anime besides Japan?
Jun 28, 2017 7:05 PM

Apr 2017
got a simple step/question you can follow

are the moving drawings on the screen speaking japanese? congrats youre watching anime.
so no, a few have been partially produced in china i think but they definitely arent great lmao
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jul 3, 2017 3:46 AM

Oct 2015
basically what's on cartoon network 99% of the time isn't anime, the 1% is probably english dubbed

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Jul 3, 2017 4:52 AM

Apr 2014
Cartoon is anime. Anime (short for animation) is everything animated including cartoons and stop-motion videos. Countries other than Japan consider anime made from Japan it's own category because of the unique style. That's why a lot of people here will tell you that cartoons are not anime.
For anime made outside of Japan you could look for korean / chinese ones or RWBY (an american one).
NoLiferSoulJul 3, 2017 4:59 AM
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Jul 3, 2017 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Sarararah said:
Hi,
My little brother likes cartoon very much, while I like anime. In fact, I don't know why the cartoon is called anime. Can anybody tell me the difference?
Btw, is there any country produced great anime besides Japan?

There is no difference except for where they are made and who the intended audience of that animation is for. If its made in Japan primarily for a Japanese audience then it is anime. If its made anywhere else for other people then its a cartoon. From what I heard the Japanese the term anime to refer to all cartoons as anime regardless of where they are made and regardless of who they are made for.

This website for some reason chose to include Korean and Chinese cartoons into their anime listing.

Weaboos will try to say there is a difference between cartoons and anime in the animation and story telling style. But those people really haven't seen many anime and cartoon series.Because both borrow different styles of animation and story telling from each other and are diverse in their animation styles. It that with anime there is more quantity in each genre.
ezikialrageJul 3, 2017 5:32 AM
Jul 3, 2017 6:02 AM

Jun 2016
If it's an animation from somewhere on earth and not from Japan, then it's cartoon. If it's an animation which is from Japan, then it's anime. Imho.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 3, 2017 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
It's all the same shit don't let the weebs fool you
Jul 3, 2017 9:37 AM

Jun 2015
It's just east vs west.

Nothing really else. Both are cartoons thoughsonce anime are just eastern cartoons.

Square and rectangle thing. Anime is just more specific.

Jul 3, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
If the animation is from Japan, it's anime. If it's from an eastern country like China or South Korea, you could say Chinese Cartoon (Like how some people may see Japanese Anime as), Korean Cartoon, or I guess Chinese/Korean "Anime" (If they replicate the same style as the Japanese. Anything west from that is animation (or animated)/cartoon.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO

More topics from this board

» What do you think about healthcare in your country?

Sad - Apr 12

28 by Damuzen »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think about the public transport in your country? ( 1 2 )

Sad - Apr 5

97 by Damuzen »»
6 minutes ago

» What do you think about education in your country?

Sad - May 10

46 by Damuzen »»
9 minutes ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

41 by Daviljoe193 »»
19 minutes ago

» What is one thing your country is famous for that you wish it wasn't ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Mar 31, 2023

76 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.