Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2017 4:20 PM

Feb 2016
I am currently writing somewhat of an OEL Light Novel, which has basically been in development for two (maybe even three) years, but I'm thankfully getting more and more on track and am satisfied in where the project is going right now. The job description is simple just try to catch any grammar errors myself or my spellcheck missed (heck I'm using a small sample for a project and my English teacher pointed out how "Prologue" was misspelled and it didn't even so much as underline it.) and provide constructive feedback. So what's the story?

We essentially start out with a (painfully) average Harem plot. Takuhiko Koizumi is a teenage otaku obsessed with all things Moe, but is forced to rethink his life upon his high school debut when his mother (who is a mangaka so you know his life is depressing) tells him to be more social. With the Harem escalating when he meets a girl at a train station named Sachiko Kashima that seems emotionless and creepy, but she actually starts becoming a large focus in Takuhikos' life...maybe even too much. There's also

* America Freeman: A Weeaboo obsessed with all things "kawaii"
* Ikue Takamori: A super shy glasses girl that seems to be good at every school subject
* Tsubaki Tsukino: A recently "graduated" idol that turns out to be extremely bitter despite her cutesy persona
* Satoru Kashima: Sachiko's brother who may or may not be suffering from Chunibyou
* Shizuka Nagisa: A cosplayer so cute she can't possibly be an actual girl
* Miyuki Santa: Their homeroom teacher that sweats she sees Takuhiko as the little brother she never had!

Seems cliched, right? IWell the thing is, it's not necessarily played straight, it's kind of a deconstruction. Not School Days dark (if it's even the intention) , but it basically takes common Harem and Moe archetypes and shows the dark side of it.

Its kind of like WataMote meets The World God Only Knows meets BoJack Horseman (surprisingly not Evangelion, but again it's not THAT dark).

However, I still worry that there's still some problems like with the grammar and the fear that I'm making too many references and lampshadings. Just wanted to hear some thoughts or if anyone was interested in my idea.
May 4, 2017 3:44 PM
Dec 2016
Mitenmujin said:
I am currently writing somewhat of an OEL Light Novel, which has basically been in development for two (maybe even three) years, but I'm thankfully getting more and more on track and am satisfied in where the project is going right now. The job description is simple just try to catch any grammar errors myself or my spellcheck missed (heck I'm using a small sample for a project and my English teacher pointed out how "Prologue" was misspelled and it didn't even so much as underline it.) and provide constructive feedback. So what's the story?

We essentially start out with a (painfully) average Harem plot. Takuhiko Koizumi is a teenage otaku obsessed with all things Moe, but is forced to rethink his life upon his high school debut when his mother (who is a mangaka so you know his life is depressing) tells him to be more social. With the Harem escalating when he meets a girl at a train station named Sachiko Kashima that seems emotionless and creepy, but she actually starts becoming a large focus in Takuhikos' life...maybe even too much. There's also

* America Freeman: A Weeaboo obsessed with all things "kawaii"
* Ikue Takamori: A super shy glasses girl that seems to be good at every school subject
* Tsubaki Tsukino: A recently "graduated" idol that turns out to be extremely bitter despite her cutesy persona
* Satoru Kashima: Sachiko's brother who may or may not be suffering from Chunibyou
* Shizuka Nagisa: A cosplayer so cute she can't possibly be an actual girl
* Miyuki Santa: Their homeroom teacher that sweats she sees Takuhiko as the little brother she never had!

Seems cliched, right? IWell the thing is, it's not necessarily played straight, it's kind of a deconstruction. Not School Days dark (if it's even the intention) , but it basically takes common Harem and Moe archetypes and shows the dark side of it.

Its kind of like WataMote meets The World God Only Knows meets BoJack Horseman (surprisingly not Evangelion, but again it's not THAT dark).

However, I still worry that there's still some problems like with the grammar and the fear that I'm making too many references and lampshadings. Just wanted to hear some thoughts or if anyone was interested in my idea.

I suggest searching for an editor in Upwork.com. I hired an artist to create illustrations for my light novel. I haven't hired an editor, except my former classmate (who's also a writer) for content editing. But I'm planning in searching there since I'm satisfied with the website, thus far.
May 9, 2017 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
Oh okay. I have been thinking of illustrations also, but I'm probably publishing it on HoneyFeed. The prologue is almost done, I just need to correct my grammar.

One problem: I'm graduating high school in only a few weeks...and am currently unemployed due to difficulty finding an autism-friendly work environment. I am thinking about fixing that this summer, but still things are pretty difficult.
May 9, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
Post an excerpt of it sure. If its entertaining I'll gladly highlight any syntactical or gramatical errors.
May 9, 2017 11:32 PM

Feb 2010
If you send a PDF, I can take a look at the prologue. admittedly, it sounds a bit cliche and overdone, but if you provide enough twists to the genre, I feel it could prove interesting.

PM me if you are interested so I may send you my email.

More topics from this board

» [Extension] MAL Enhancer

ShaggyZE - Jul 19, 2022

2 by Zedlin »»
1 hour ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

377 by JTRAnimeNewb »»
10 hours ago

» share your amv! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Animetwins - May 5, 2015

1012 by ekabu24 »»
10 hours ago

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - May 13

4 by YungStairwell »»
11 hours ago

» [UserScript] MAL Date Fixer ( 1 2 3 )

NurarihyonMaou - Jan 4, 2021

106 by Aggnog »»
Yesterday, 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.