Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2016 5:04 PM
Sep 2016
Soren said:
_0x40_ said:

I don't think it's all that indicative of alignment. I think it's a statement that could sound somewhat meaningful at a glance, but is actually useful filler made to look as to be something meaningful, which is why it caught my attention.
What you said there sounds like something a scum would do, so how could it not be indicative of alignment. Or am I interpreting something wrong here?

I think it's something that someone who either can't or doesn't want to contribute much would say in order to make it look like they're still contributing. While scum does have a pretty big incentive to not contribute to the town agenda, but still needs to look like they're doing so, he could just as easily be town and just not have anything meaningful to contribute with right now. He seems to be new, so the latter just makes a lot of sense to me. Do you think what he said is alignment indicative?
Dec 29, 2016 5:08 PM
Sep 2016
logic340 said:
Gruffin said:
@Logic340 You neglected to give me a straight answer on this:
inactive from like 5 players I am sure there is scum among the active players but nothing I would consider a slip up so far. You're start feels a little more like our first game together but that may just be due to the early interactions with me taking a more passive role to start.

Soren said:
Can you explain what prompted you to respond to this with a response like that?
No special reason I greeted many players as they made their first posts.
Gruffin said:
I've got scumreads, you do not, turning my statement back around on me is moot.

Do you honestly think I'm going the easy route on this? What about that read suggests that I picked you out of convenience? Is there someone scummier than you that I should be suspecting?

As for the Phraze reaction...
Yes, I'd say you did.
You keep saying stuff like "I'm town" and "I'm not scum" like you really want people to believe you.
I see this as you trying too hard. You are either scum trying to frame me or just really hoping I am scum this game. I will give you more reads but you have never seen me give a scum read on page 3. The Phraze reaction was fluff but if you want to view it as alignment indicative I guess I'll have to accept that.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "trying too hard?" Trying too hard to do what exactly? Why is the trying "too hard?"
Dec 29, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2013
_0x40_ said:
Soren said:
What you said there sounds like something a scum would do, so how could it not be indicative of alignment. Or am I interpreting something wrong here?

I think it's something that someone who either can't or doesn't want to contribute much would say in order to make it look like they're still contributing. While scum does have a pretty big incentive to not contribute to the town agenda, but still needs to look like they're doing so, he could just as easily be town and just not have anything meaningful to contribute with right now. He seems to be new, so the latter just makes a lot of sense to me. Do you think what he said is alignment indicative?
That makes more sense now.
Can't really form strong basis of alignment indicativeness based on singular comments (with exception to perfect scum games), so for me I would require more posts to cross reference my thoughts and see what matches more.
Dec 29, 2016 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
PentaFlare said:
This is the post I'm referring to because it confuses me. What was the meaning in your non-commital statement? Why are you being non-commital about seeing thing as town/town?

I was being non committal because I have a near null read on LucianRoy, his posts feel very low effort but the amount of posts imply an engaged player. So I could be convinced by a strong case he was scum. It says hiding plain sight, but it's been mentioned that he posts a lot regardless. So with that in mind I have a soft scum lean on him right now.

@LucianRoy gun to my head scum team is you, Mishu and a lurker.

@Gruffin I don't think I had really posted a read before 84 and was backpedaling from bad banter not reads. And as for VCA even though we can't start using it yet it's good to have in mind and track so we can check back and compare to it later after some flips.
What's the scum read on mishu? Lurker being someone who has posted or not posted?
Dec 29, 2016 5:15 PM

Dec 2016
@Gruffin you're correct there wasn't a technical question wasn't a technical question. But I did disagree with your initial reasons behind reading me. That said I do think what you're saying makes sense. I don't like the evasion but I will take you at your word that it is time related and I'll wait on it.

Still find the initial read being townies aren't afraid to give opinions and then backpedal weird as I was being run up for not having an opinion. But I will drop it as I don't see it as being town or scum.

@everyone sorry about lack of links fixing that for next post now. Fingers crossed I am doing it right.
Dec 29, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2012
logic340 said:
inactive from like players I am sure there is scum among the active players but nothing I would consider a slip up so far. You're start feels a little more like our first game together but that may just be due to the early interactions with me taking a more passive role to start.
I see this as you trying too hard. You are either scum trying to frame me or just really hoping I am scum this game. I will give you more reads but you have never seen me give a scum read on page 3. The Phraze reaction was fluff but if you want to view it as alignment indicative I guess I'll have to accept that.
I can accept the Phraze reaction as fluff, alright.

The scum are not going to find themselves. If you are town, I need to see that you are making an effort to scumhunt and waiting around for the scum to out themselves isn't convincing me you are concerned with doing so.

If you think I'm acting like I did in CCL, then do you find that suspicious? If so, then why are you not voting for me?
Dec 29, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2010
_0x40_ said:
logic340 said:
inactive from like 5 players I am sure there is scum among the active players but nothing I would consider a slip up so far. You're start feels a little more like our first game together but that may just be due to the early interactions with me taking a more passive role to start.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "trying too hard?" Trying too hard to do what exactly? Why is the trying "too hard?"
From my PoV this case is trying too hard. Gruffin has a scum read so I have to at this point? Basically I see Gruffin's case against me being that I am not playing like I normally do but she was in the last game which I clearly stated why things would be changing in this game. I advise you to form your own opinion about me as this is our first game together and I am taking a different approach than others are used to so my meta may just get me lynched. My Phraze reaction was fluff and I've said I was town in every game I have played with Gruffin (also I have always been town).
logic340Dec 29, 2016 5:24 PM
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 29, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
logic340 said:
inactive from like players I am sure there is scum among the active players but nothing I would consider a slip up so far. You're start feels a little more like our first game together but that may just be due to the early interactions with me taking a more passive role to start.
I can accept the Phraze reaction as fluff, alright.

The scum are not going to find themselves. If you are town, I need to see that you are making an effort to scumhunt and waiting around for the scum to out themselves isn't convincing me you are concerned with doing so.

If you think I'm acting like I did in CCL, then do you find that suspicious? If so, then why are you not voting for me?
As stated I have always had a hard time reading you I don't find you scummy but my feeling right now is early CCL. It's not enough to warrant me changing my vote. I'm not really being an observer just keep getting distracted. I actually like the attention I am getting as there probably is scum on my train which makes my segregation duties easier.

Dec 29, 2016 5:24 PM

Mar 2012
_0x40_ said:
Grapefruit21 said:
It all feels like t/t, but I would be surprised if it all was.

Statements like this sounds so meaningless.

This feels like mudslinging more than anything else. Why aren't you questioning grape about his post and stance, if you don't like it?

Kit said:
Just here for a minute, I'll be back later to actually play/read

Vote: Bursama

Counting thread buddy :3 That quick posting skill is formidable

Love you too~ <3

_0x40_ said:
Soren said:
Does that make him scum?

I don't think it's all that indicative of alignment. I think it's a statement that could sound somewhat meaningful at a glance, but is actually useful filler made to look as to be something meaningful, which is why it caught my attention.

More mudslinging detected.

Grapefruit21 said:
Soren said:
Lucian did ask a question in his #21.

Right you are missed that one. Fair enough, all reads back to even then will reread early RVS'ing if the phone stops ringing at work anytime soon and see if I can find anything that feels off.

_0x40_ said:

It's strongly non committal, but I don't know if it's meaningless. I do think it's likely there is one Mafioso posting now with a vote down. Mafia wants early pressure as much as town does.

Is there anything more to your "I think there's one mafia voting right now" than that? Who do you think it is?

PentaFlare said:
On that note, time to move my vote because it is both doing nothing and on someone who is leaning town early.

Vote: grapefruit
@grapefruit21 if you are aware that your statements are non-commital, why aren't you willing to take a stand and express a point of view?

I don't like this vote. This feels bit too overexplanatory for my tastes.

LucianRoy said:
Kit said:
@Logic340
Hey, I'm not a one-trick pony! I did that last game! Anyway, it's completely pointless to tell everyone a supposed tell before I do it. Here you go: Oh dear, Logic has never rolled scum so he must be scum this time! :3c

Gambler's fallacy. Real thing.

^ This guy's either powerwolfing Kit early on or town.

LucianRoy said:
Kit said:
I know that. Did you think I was serious?

No...
(maybe a little)

Scrap that, this responces feel natural, so both are probably town?

LucianRoy said:
Grapefruit21 said:

I was being non committal because I have a near null read on LucianRoy, his posts feel very low effort but the amount of posts imply an engaged player. So I could be convinced by a strong case he was scum. It says hiding plain sight, but it's been mentioned that he posts a lot regardless. So with that in mind I have a soft scum lean on him right now.

@LucianRoy gun to my head scum team is you, Mishu and a lurker.

@Gruffin I don't think I had really posted a read before 84 and was backpedaling from bad banter not reads. And as for VCA even though we can't start using it yet it's good to have in mind and track so we can check back and compare to it later after some flips.

Then vote me.

Yep, this guy's town (or super ballsy scum).

logic340 said:
Kit said:
Fufu, stealing my techniques to look townie yourself because you rolled scum this time? ^^ Thanks for the welcome, still gotta back read/more than just skim the thread.
Though I might get you to slip up. Guess it didn't work.

@logic340 What kind of slip were trying to get from Kit?

logic340 said:
Kit said:
RIP Alice! You died so young y_y I have no idea who Mr Arakawa is it's been way too long since I saw any of this anime

Truuee, it's always the nicest people the pocket me the easiest

Aesthetic...?

An "I'm town, guys" post? Also, mmm steak

Just flavor/an example of what a role PM looks like

I thought that at first but he says he's experienced so it's moot.

I'm looking forward to it too, totally thought Penta was scum last game.

Wasn't mishu in Higurashi?

Is this your RVS vote? I was getting the impression you were trying to get out of RVS early on.

/pages 1 and 2
gtg again for a bit, will be back later~
Steak was a typo I meant streak...lol.
You're right Mishu was in Hirugashi. Tthat game but I died night one and Mishu was killed before I got revived. We really don't have any experience with each other. Thanks for pointing that out don't want to mislead you guys.
My vote was meant to create a counter train which I was hoping would help to get us out of RVS. My plans got fucked by real life. So we go from here.

@logic340 Why did you want a counterwagon? What do you think it would've achieved?

Grapefruit21 said:
@LucianRoy Unvote
Vote: LucianRoy
I don't like your 115. I've been pretty committed to my views since 84.

@Soren what about my play says I haven't played forum mafia? I will say I'm big on figuring games out and how they work and as prep for this game I read through several mafia games on MTGS, which was my introduction to forum Mafia.

@Grapefruit21 What's your username on MTGS?

Sonata said:
logic340 said:
I can say the same for your read list. I am the easy choice because my style is so different from what you are used to. Did I really over-react to phrase or did you throw that in there to spice up the read?

Are you saying you will leave your vote on me for the entire phase regardless of new information??

Nah, just until you prove yourself useful to the town somehow, or until someone slips and says something stupid.

* sigh *

You are town, right?

tl;dr
Lucian/Kit feels town. Their interactions feel natural and unless Lucian is some mafia god with tendency to do really ballsy moves, I doubt he (and by that extension Kit) is mafia.
I don't like 0x40/Grape, but I doubt that both of them are mafia unless 0x40 decided to turbobus his buddy Grapefruit from page 1. Gun to the head, I'd say 0x40 is the mafia between those two.
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Dec 29, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2016
Skipping over the fluff comments here is everything LucianRoy has posted that pings me one way or another.

55 Open eneded town read of 0x40. Pings for asking for others to confirm but giving no reason. Which is weird for a town read
58 Good question to Mishu
87 He responds to my Soren read saying it's null because meta. Says he will dig into an old game to compare never follows up on that. His banter w/ Soren pings me because he keeps claiming he wants to figure him out but he's not asking any real questions here or elsewhere.
101 Pushes for me to give a scum read when he hasn't contributed beyond his push on me and banter with soren that is claimed as trying to figure him out.
115 is what pinged me to take a look at all of this. He has had his vote on me the whole time without expressing a reason, then after it's been brought up by several other users hops on it as a reason for his vote without adding anything at that time. This post isn't pro town. It's not doing anything helpful other than parroting what someone else said and what they had said was starting to expire as I had been growing more commited in the lead up to this post.
125 is the first strong pro town post imo. Good questions for logic who he accuses of being salty over a previous game. Little strange as the logic's vote isn't on him or call him scummy but I like that it's digging trying to get logic to say something.

My read is a bit more OMGUS than I like, but I do not like 87 and 115. They read of trying to appear to solve the game but putting in zero effort to do so. I don't like the way Lucian is just +1'd with Penta's analysis. It feels like coasting to me, and I don't like that.

@Soren: Mishu was for the mysterious reason vote in 47 doing that and then ducking out feels a little opportunistic. But it's not much and that's why I prefaced gun to my head. On lurker I meant someone who hadn't posted much yet.

Please work links......
Dec 29, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
Oh and: @grapefruit21 What's your opinion on 0x40? What do you think of his attempt to throw mud at you?
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
Dec 29, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2010
The slip would be to slip up and let me know he rolled scum for the first time. What I wanted a counter train to do was to help move us out of the RVS I explained this to kit on page 3 I believe.

Dec 29, 2016 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
And one more:
@grapefruit21 Why did you vote Lucian in #124? What made up your mind that you wanted to vote for him at that point?
Count to 30 -victories:

Dec 29, 2016 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
#162 @logic340 Please explain to me how counterwagon helps as if I were 5-years-old and really dumb.
Count to 30 -victories:

Dec 29, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
#162 @logic340 Please explain to me how counterwagon helps as if I were 5-years-old and really dumb.
In my previous game starting a counter wagon lead to conversation which lead to people being able to read one another. "Trains help to break the ice" is the way someone had put it to me when asked a similar question.

Dec 29, 2016 5:40 PM
Sep 2016
Bursama said:
_0x40_ said:

This feels like mudslinging more than anything else. Why aren't you questioning grape about his post and stance, if you don't like it?

_0x40_ said:

More mudslinging detected.

I don't really see your point here. Could you explain in your own words what you mean by "mudslinging" here?
Dec 29, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2016
EBWODP same as it is here Grapefruit21. If you look in the mafia forums there you'll see I signed in a rolling signup thread that has no momentum. And my woefully out of date cube.

@Bursama I felt there had to be one mafia and I feel like I named my read later. Not seeing anything yet in voting because no one has made a strong case yet and not many votes have moved. I haven't seen a strong case on logic, the case on me has stalled and I'm the only one on the Lucian wagon. Which I feel I've explained pretty well after my vote.

On @_0x40_ I read his "mudslinging" as a reasonable attempt to tell me to play better. I wasn't saying anything and just posting game theory. It read as slightly townie to me to get myself in gear and help the town. More posts like that would ping though.
Dec 29, 2016 5:54 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 1.3 🌟

logic340 (4): Mishukax, Phraze, Sonata, Gruffin
Grapefruit21 (3): LucianRoy, Soren, PentaFlare
Kit (1): logic340
Gruffin (1): Lord_Sithis
Mishukax (1): _0x40_
Bursama (1): Kit
LucianRoy (1): Grapefruit21

Not Voting (3): Rosielovesanime, aa-dono, Bursama

With 15 alive, it’s 8 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Dec 29, 2016 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
@_0x40_ Mudslinging means that you try to paint someone scummy by pointing out negative things about others and at the same time (usually) not trying to figure out or push that person for those things.

Like "Look at that post X, it's so scummy" and then do nothing about it.

@grapefruit21: Oh right. I didn't recognize you since you have different avatar here.

Anyways, more to come tomorrow. It's wee hours here and I'm starting to get really tired.
Count to 30 -victories:

Dec 29, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2012
4 pages :O
I guess you're out of RVS?

I won't fully be around this phase. I should be free in 12 hours for a few hours but might not have access to PC after that so will only come in every once in a while and not referring to past post etc etc.

Alright. Back to reading.

Dec 29, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Though, mudslinging it not limited to only that. It also contains other things, like trying to downplay other people's opinions ("nah, don't pretend you can read me at all"). Stuff like that.
Count to 30 -victories:

Dec 29, 2016 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
I'm getting the same vibes that logic is feeling (mind meld high five!), gruffin is feeling scum to me. Her posts seems more careful and planned. Her #102 is her first real post in the game after catching up, she makes sure to comment on notable things and give her thoughts on it, which is good but gives me bad vibes. It's not particularly striking me as town and I feel like she's putting it up as a front. This is coming from me knowing gruffin as a player, the need to comment on all the stuff that she missed out screams scum!gruffin needing to look like she read the game and has actual thoughts on things.
Her #147, she makes sure to respond to every little thing. Which arguably, yeah, who wouldn't respond to everything. But, gut is telling me that something is off from here. It correlates with gruffin's scum play of going through her post several times as scum to leave no mistake before posting it.

The push on logic feels very opportunistic to me, and it also put him in the lead of votes. Reasoning wise, yeah his questions so far aren't that great but I wouldn't really classify them as filler questions. His list in 81 does look a little out of place to me, no one asked for it but I saw it as him keeping note of the players that he wants to keep his eye on and such.

What makes me feel like this vote on logic is more likely to come from scum!gruffin is because I'm town reading logic. I town read him for being transparent in how is he proclaiming that he is switching his meta up a bit and playing different. Yeah I can see how some would see it another way and that it makes logic look more odd, but the lack of concern of proclaiming it would make him look odd tells me that its genuine.

Secondly, I town read him for trying to cause that slip up from kit. It seems like a pretty townie thing to do, something which you almost never see scum try to do because quite obviously, it won't work.

To summarise, gruffin is scum for playing her scum game by making careful posts and placing an opportunistic vote on logic, whom I town read.

Vote: gruffin

@Kit I may be letting my gut feel get the better of me here, so can you share what your perspective on gruffin is in regards to my thoughts here? Since you've played in quite a few games with her now, you should have begun to get a grasp of how she plays.
Dec 29, 2016 6:14 PM

Aug 2014
@Burnsama You believe my vote explained my thoughts too much? Is that scummy to you?

Personally, I'm trying to be mostly transparent with my thought process this game because most of the times I've been suspected in the past as town have been related to withholding my thoughts. (I usually don't spell out my thoughts so that scum can't get a clear idea of how much of a threat I pose to them which means I don't get nightkilled.)

I'm going to take a different approach this game. I am going to be stating most of my thought process. I'm currently working on figuring out grapefruit. I notice you also read them as slightly scummy. Would you care to expand on your reasons for that? Is it just because of the post you quoted earlier?
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 29, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
PentaFlare said:
@Burnsama You believe my vote explained my thoughts too much? Is that scummy to you?

Personally, I'm trying to be mostly transparent with my thought process this game because most of the times I've been suspected in the past as town have been related to withholding my thoughts. (I usually don't spell out my thoughts so that scum can't get a clear idea of how much of a threat I pose to them which means I don't get nightkilled.)

I'm going to take a different approach this game. I am going to be stating most of my thought process. I'm currently working on figuring out grapefruit. I notice you also read them as slightly scummy. Would you care to expand on your reasons for that? Is it just because of the post you quoted earlier?
thoughts on their case on lucian?
Dec 29, 2016 6:21 PM
Sep 2016
Bursama said:
@_0x40_ Mudslinging means that you try to paint someone scummy by pointing out negative things about others and at the same time (usually) not trying to figure out or push that person for those things.

Like "Look at that post X, it's so scummy" and then do nothing about it.

@grapefruit21: Oh right. I didn't recognize you since you have different avatar here.

Anyways, more to come tomorrow. It's wee hours here and I'm starting to get really tired.

I didn't push it because I don't think it's that solid of a scumtell. Also, I really don't see how I'm "painting Grapefruit21 as scummy" here. I explained why what he said wasn't a scumtell in my #151, which is exactly the opposite of what you're saying I'm doing. Do you think I should be pushing him instead? Do you think what he said actually is a scumtell?
Dec 29, 2016 6:21 PM

Aug 2014
Soren said:
PentaFlare said:

I like their case on Lucian. It seems well thought out and based on concrete posts instead of feelings and tone and other ways to word gut feel. Additionally, it mentions positive posts as well as negative posts which is not common when scum tries to frame someone. It is also a different perspective from how I've looked at Lucian. I don't agree with the conclusion, but it seems like a sincere read. I see it as a town point. You?
Dec 29, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
I skimmed because I'm in a rush.

Haven't actually read logic's reads properly but the tone of his posts felt very less townie... Hmm how do I put this, he usually feels very town from the start but it doesn't feel that way here.

I like this though:
Vote LucianRoy
Who's the strongest leaning scum to you?
Does that sentence makes sense? Or most scum to you? Something to that effect..

Dec 29, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2014
@grapefruit21 Why do you see Lucian's conversation as banter as opposed to cooperation? Is there something that tips you off to it being fluffy as opposed to game solving?
Dec 29, 2016 6:26 PM

Aug 2014
aa-dono said:

Haven't actually read logic's reads properly but the tone of his posts felt very less townie... Hmm how do I put this, he usually feels very town from the start but it doesn't feel that way here.

I like this though:
Vote LucianRoy

Are you voting Lucian to put more emphasis on your question or do you actually see Lucian as scum?
Dec 29, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
aa-dono said:

I like this though:
Vote LucianRoy

Are you voting Lucian to put more emphasis on your question or do you actually see Lucian as scum?
Both. I was reading to get a read on trains initially, but the way Lucian has been posting got my attention instead.

Dec 29, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
aa-dono said:
PentaFlare said:

Both. I was reading to get a read on trains initially, but the way Lucian has been posting got my attention instead.

The way Lucian has been posting? What do you mean specifically? Is it his style, something he said?
Dec 29, 2016 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
PentaFlare said:
Soren said:

I like their case on Lucian. It seems well thought out and based on concrete posts instead of feelings and tone and other ways to word gut feel. Additionally, it mentions positive posts as well as negative posts which is not common when scum tries to frame someone. It is also a different perspective from how I've looked at Lucian. I don't agree with the conclusion, but it seems like a sincere read. I see it as a town point. You?
Pretty much same as yours, he gave a good overview on lucian and didn't simply pick out the bad posts like you mentioned, showing that he isn't trying hard to paint lucian as scum and has considered him from his positive posts but ultimately what tipped the scale for him were his other posts.
Dec 29, 2016 6:34 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 1.4 🌟

logic340 (4): Mishukax, Phraze, Sonata, Gruffin
Grapefruit21 (2): LucianRoy, PentaFlare
Gruffin (2): Lord_Sithis, Soren
LucianRoy (2): Grapefruit21, aa-dono
Kit (1): logic340
Mishukax (1): _0x40_
Bursama (1): Kit

Not Voting (2): Rosielovesanime, Bursama

With 15 alive, it’s 8 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Dec 29, 2016 6:34 PM

May 2012
Sonata’s posts (103 and 133) come off as apathetic, which isn’t making me feel good about them. Town should worry more about the outcome of the lynch.

Kit’s giving me good vibes by starting in on the questions. I look forward to seeing more of them as always.

Lucian’s asking around and is scumhunting. Appears protown, which is a good sign.

Grapefruit21 said:
EBWDP: Commited to my read after 115. Seems like a strange time to bring it up.

And re my experience where is that read coming from because I was getting the opposite vibe early that I was being pressured due to my non-committal stance which (to me) screamed I was a new player and afraid to take a hard stand.
This post is making me waver on the townlean I previously had on Grapefruit...It’s like scum being frustrated that their town act did not get noticed.

I like Penta’s 137
Dec 29, 2016 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
aa-dono said:

The way Lucian has been posting? What do you mean specifically? Is it his style, something he said?
It's more things he didn't do. Things that town Lucian that I've seen so far has done. That, I rather not say now.
(1. I might have it wrong haha
2. If he's scum, then I don't want to tell him what I'm looking for)

Dec 29, 2016 6:36 PM

Aug 2012
Anyway, be back in about 12 hours.

Dec 29, 2016 6:45 PM

Aug 2014
Vote: @logic340
You are currently leading in votes. You've acknowledged this and said you are happy to have this opportunity because it hasn't happened before but you haven't done anything about it. You can't just wait for votes to go away. If you are town, show everyone you are town. Convince people that the target you are voting for merits their votes because your target is scum. Get people to move their votes.

If you are town, then you are letting players leave their votes pressuring you when they could be extracting information from scum with those votes.

Edit: Fixed my subject-verb agreement
Dec 29, 2016 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
the only one with a real reason for voting logic right now is gruffin
mishu is "serious" with "future reasons"
phraze and sonata are rvs
Dec 29, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
@logic340 thoughts on my gruffin case?
Dec 29, 2016 6:50 PM

Aug 2014
Soren said:

Is this related to my vote or were we writing these posts at the same time?
Dec 29, 2016 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
@Lucian I still don't like your 115. You had plenty of opportunity to call me out as non-committal before it and waited till the wagon had gained some pressure and the idea had been brought up by others. I do agree with your read on penta thought. I actually have strong town reads on Penta and Soren from the way they have been questioning me.

Penta was the one who called you noncommittal.

LucianRoy said:
I'm getting a good vibe from Penta. I like where he's going with this Grapefruit non-committal thing.

I happened to agree with it.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Dec 29, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
PentaFlare said:
Soren said:

your post prompted my post
Dec 29, 2016 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
Soren said:
PentaFlare said:

your post prompted my post

Yeah. I know that there aren't many real votes in that train. Thats why I'm prompting logic to change the votes. If I felt there was a strong case against logic and they were doing nothing, I would suggest they defend themselves against those points too, but they are doing that with Gruffin and nobody else has expressed reasons.

I am not voting to lynch or voting because I scumread logic. I am voting because they need to respond to the pressure that is on them so this game doesn't stagnate without the pressure that should be generated by having a leading train.
Dec 29, 2016 6:55 PM

Jul 2013
oh i didnt even notice that you voted him lol
Dec 29, 2016 6:57 PM

Aug 2013
_0x40_ said:
logic340 said:

Gruffin confirmed tryhard.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Dec 29, 2016 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
Away from my computer on lunch break but I'll take a look at what I deemed fluff from Lucian when I get back. It just seemed like banter and random scum calls for the most part but I'll give it another look.

Gruff do you have examples of Lucian scum hunting? Maybe they're subtler than I'm looking for but I don't see it apart from his interaction with me. I just don't see his and Sorens convo as anything but banter. But like I said I'll take another look.
Dec 29, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2008
Soren said:
@Kit I may be letting my gut feel get the better of me here, so can you share what your perspective on gruffin is in regards to my thoughts here? Since you've played in quite a few games with her now, you should have begun to get a grasp of how she plays.
Gruffin is always pretty verbose and pushes a lot of questions on people early on and makes a lot of comments, so in that regard I can't say it makes me think one way or another in regards to alignment.

When she was scum she didn't push super hard early on and kind of followed the flow with townies on a mislynch iirc. And as scum she tried to make Logic look scummy and it totally backfired because Logic is generally easy to town read given enough time... would she try that again as scum?

Although I think she's pushing too hard on Logic now, it doesn't really seem odd to me as far as her typical town behavior goes.. Especially very early on in the game like this. I also don't think Logic is too different from normal either (he always seems to have mostly neutral reads lists early on). Which is funny because I think both of them have said they would try to play differently next time.

/mostly meta but that's what you asked for

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 29, 2016 7:06 PM

May 2012
@Soren
In my last two town games, I posted whenever, whatever, and didn’t think everything through as much as I would have liked. So now I’ve (hopefully) changed for the better to bring higher quality posts to the game at the expense of a little townie genuity. Yes, I’m carefully planning everything out like in my first game, but does it come from a scummy mindset or a townie mindset?

Though I have to ask why you are scumreading me because we have differing views. Why not convince me I’m wrong if you think Logic is town?
Soren said:
I thought you said I was being opportunistic?
Dec 29, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
Vote: @logic340
You are currently leading in votes. You've acknowledged this and said you are happy to have this opportunity because it hasn't happened before but you haven't done anything about it. You can't just wait for votes to go away. If you are town, show everyone you are town. Convince people that the target you are voting for merits their votes because your target is scum. Get people to move their votes.

If you are town, then you are letting players leave their votes pressuring you when they could be extracting information from scum with those votes.

Edit: Fixed my subject-verb agreement
As Soren pointed out two of those votes are RVS Gruffin has a case (though I find it a bit forced and easy), mishu has a plan, and your vote is for pressure. The only thing that really concerns me about this situation is that you have put me so close to the lynch lock but I'm not going to sweat it or over-react. I like that 7 people were on me and Grapefruit it makes things easier for me since we were pretty much split down the middle.

Soren said:
@logic340 thoughts on my gruffin case?
I like it honestly, I feel like it furthers the thoughts I had about Gruffin's case against me. There is nothing I can argue against. I see you solving the game and I will add that I don't see that from Gruffin thus far.

Vote: Gruffin

Gruffin said:
Sonata’s posts (103 and 133) come off as apathetic, which isn’t making me feel good about them. Town should worry more about the outcome of the lynch.

Kit’s giving me good vibes by starting in on the questions. I look forward to seeing more of them as always.

Lucian’s asking around and is scumhunting. Appears protown, which is a good sign.

Grapefruit21 said:
EBWDP: Commited to my read after 115. Seems like a strange time to bring it up.

And re my experience where is that read coming from because I was getting the opposite vibe early that I was being pressured due to my non-committal stance which (to me) screamed I was a new player and afraid to take a hard stand.
This post is making me waver on the townlean I previously had on Grapefruit...It’s like scum being frustrated that their town act did not get noticed.

I like Penta’s 137
This post just doesn't feel like Town Griffin to me.
I can actually see Sonata's reasoning (thanks to players like Astros and KOta), we just got out of a game with a town player like this so to me this seem like an attempt at leading people to a conclusion you want.

I really felt that Kit hasn't done enough to make me feel either way, can you walk me through what makes you feel good about him?

LucianRoy - if I had to say what he feels like here it would be Chione or Karote from our last game. I don't know what to think of him right now honestly.

Grapefruit hasn't come across scummy to me so could you explain how they seem like frustrated scum here?

What do you like about Penta?

Dec 29, 2016 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
Grapefruit21 said:
Gruff do you have examples of Lucian scum hunting? Maybe they're subtler than I'm looking for but I don't see it apart from his interaction with me. I just don't see his and Sorens convo as anything but banter. But like I said I'll take another look.
I'm not the one you asked but when Lucian told me about Gambler's Fallacy I took that as subtle scum hunting because I've done the same thing to test the reaction from someone I thought was scum with a lame excuse to vote Edit: i mean, not vote but pointing suspicion. it was very early in the game

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.