Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 24, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2013
Tilly takes the sword to Daniel and shows the mistakes "You see these two spots? This sword can't take many battles, it's too brittle, what i guess is that you didn't heat it enough and cooled it too quickly, also what did you use to sharpen it?" She says and thinks for a while "I could show you how easily this sword breaks but i think you wont approve that" she adds
Jul 24, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
Daniel
He grins in exitement this woman was good. Even tho he made those mistakes on purpose he did not make them easily noticable.

"That is just amazing." he says giving a slow clap "This is the first time i found someone who is able to see all that by just looking at the weapon."

Jul 24, 2015 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
"Why thank you, Tilly Nunez of Hearthforge, the last smith of Nunez family" Tilly introduces herself and holds her hand out
Jul 24, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2013
Daniel

"Daniel Smith, a pleasure." he said shaking her hand enthusiastically.

Jul 24, 2015 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
"Well then, any other pieces of your work you want to show me, i can tell that you still lack quite a bit in metallurgy and smithing, i might teach you a bit" Tilly says
Jul 24, 2015 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
Daniel

"You can certainly could teach me a lot. I believe everyone blacksmith have their own little special things about them."

"Follow me." he smiled while walking to his desk.

Jul 24, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2013
Tilly follows, taking notes on Daniels works with quick glances
Jul 25, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel
When he arrives to his desk he takes the mini shield that he had ealier and wears it.
"This is my newest work. I made it yesterday. It may look like a useless shield but..."
He clinches his fist and the shield expands itself. It looked like there where part of the shield that where stacked together and became smaller and by clinching his fist the shield opened. Relieving it true size.
"This, is what i call a potable shield. For this shield i made many different part of it. First a made a small shield with some small holes on the side. Then i made the other parts with holes on the side to fill the holes. And then more parts. I made 4 layers of it. I made the end of small shield's hole and the separate parts bulky in order for them to stick together. In the middle i put the marble of abyss witch is a good source of magical energy. I put some mechanical finishing touches in the shield and tadah. Wow it works is that you got a separate button with a marble inside it as well. Once you push it. The two marble will react to each others and the one in the shield will start producing energy witch will activate the shield's transformation. You push it once again it goes back to it's small state."
This was one of his masterpieces but not his best creation.
"Oh, and worry about the durability and weight of the shield. The marble's energy runs throw the metal making it more durable as for the weight, it's a secret." ;)

Jul 25, 2015 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
Tilly takes the shield examining it thoroughlt once again "Someone has been experimenting, well it's good that you didn't take any hard to handle metal for this one but say, what's the idea behind putting gems into the mixture?" She questions, knowing fully well how bad idea it really is, since she has tried it out herself "Also i notice a hint of lead in it" She says.

Cobalt shield with lead and gold mixed into it along with gems. I think he wasn't really confident about his cobalt handling, judging by the gold that he uses to make the metal easier to handle, the lead is interesting though.

Sadly he used gems in it, so i can guess that under that thin gem layer is pretty brittle metal, the gems tend to do that... the metal looks ok from the outside, but if i'd cut it in half i could tell it being brittle, but even i can't keep the metal from not turning brittle with gems mixed into it
she thinks
Jul 25, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel
"Can't help it. This is just a prototype and besides i am not too good with cobalt handling. Not my specialty but think about it. If tweaked this shield could become big you know? It will make it easier for soldiers to move when in battle.

Jul 25, 2015 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
"Well you have good idea behind that but i'll give you my opinion. First of all the mechanic, the fact that this is a prototype is that it's way too early to even think about handing it over to army, but that's something you already know. The problem is that we have no idea how easily it can malfunction and how to fix it quickly if it malfunctions.

Then the second thing, ditch the gems, i think you don't know what happens when you put gems to mixture, but i can tell you that this shield might look like it takes a lot and is durable, the fact is that the top layer of this shield, is a thin layer that is made out of the gems, it the layer breaks very easily and what you have left is brittle metal, it looks good outside but inside it's like completely raw metal that hasn't been processed at all." Tilly explains
Jul 25, 2015 9:30 AM
Mar 2013
Siegfried grabbed his axe and said "why don't we put that shield to the test." He had been standing out of the way letting them talk amongst each other. He looked to the blacksmith. "Also, care to take a look at my axe? I'd like your opinion of it."

(Sorry, I've been a bit busy.)
Jul 25, 2015 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
Tilly nods and takes the axe, examining it, "Hardened steel, a bit of copper mixed to it. Dwarven design, sharpened with original rough grindstone" she says and hands the axe back

"It's is pretty decent axe, downsides are that it's clumsy and needs to be sharpened often. The latter is possible to fix though. Also it seems to be pretty old, i think you have to get new one soon" She adds
Jul 25, 2015 9:46 AM
Mar 2013
He took back the axe and said "you're right on all accounts save for the one about it being clumsy. At least in regards to me. I've used this axe as long as I can remember and I've never once thought it clumsy." He kept the axe out and smiles. "I'm impressed though that you can figure this out just by looking it over."
Jul 25, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
"Ah, you misunderstood what i meant with clumsy, you see, we smiths rarely know much about fighting. We are experts in making the weapons and armor but the usage is different, we only know that through theorical standpoint. What i meant with clumsy is that the material choice is bad, the axe is incredibly heavy and imbalanced, you as a user might not notice it but we smiths pay a lot of attention to these things.

I could make a copy of that same axe and make it much better with different material choice, if it was a warhammer i could forgive the weight, but balance issues is unforgivable" Tilly explains
Jul 25, 2015 12:00 PM
Mar 2013
He chuckled For a moment before saying "I'd prefer to avoid that, at least until I know I won't be getting into a fight any time soon. Even the slightest change in weight or feel could throw me off and that could be fatal."
Jul 25, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
"I see, i recall you saying that you were staying in castle, may i ask just out of curiousity, what is your occupation sir" Tilly asks if he is staying in a castle he has to be a noble, haven't seen him before though around in Arzla she thinks
Jul 25, 2015 1:22 PM
Mar 2013
He shrugged "I recently obtained the title of knight in this country." He said bluntly.
Jul 25, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
"I see, well that explains why i haven't seen you around before you showed up to my forge. Say, how about i make you a better axe than the one you have already, i could make it as heavy as the current one, but more balanced and sharp" Tilly offers

well if he just recently got knighted, why not give it to him as a gift for reaching such a great title she thought and gives a smile to the idea
Jul 25, 2015 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
Daniel
He grins She seems to think that the metal under the first layer is brittle because of the gem. She's still unexperienced i see or rather, she doesn't have much knowledge about them. The marble of abyss is different from other gems. It produces pure energy while absorbing negative energy. Witch does not only strengthen the metal but also better the quality. Meaning instead of getting worse through the years this shield will stay at it's top. Ill just let her think what she wants for now.
He thought to himself.
"Why don't we put my shield to the test then?"
ChadNegroJul 25, 2015 4:26 PM

Jul 25, 2015 4:16 PM
Mar 2013
He shook his head at the offer. "Sorry, but I need to decline. At least for now. As appealing as it sounds I don't believe I have enough to pay for the mail and the axe." He didn't want to spend every last cent he had. "And as for you. Hold it in a defensive posture and I'll take a few swings."
Jul 26, 2015 12:02 AM

Aug 2013
"Ah, i see, tell you what, i can make that axe for you for free, as a gift for your achievement" Tilly says
Jul 26, 2015 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel

He rolls his eyes, cause he was kind of tired waiting for her to be surprise of how durable his shield actually is. It may be a prototype but you could literally call it a finished product. What is missing is some functions he thought of adding.
Despite this he didn't say anything and stayed where he was smiling and waiting for her to test his shield.

Jul 26, 2015 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
Tilly shifts her attention to the shield, she picks up her hammer and a small piece of metal that is pencil shaped.

She walks up to the shield and looks for a spot. After a moment of searching she finds a spot that looks good to hit, she sets the piece of metal on it and gives one strong and accurate hit on it with her hammer.

Couple crumbles falls from the shield and that's all. Tilly looks at Daniel curiously

"So what's the true secret behind this one? The gem layer should completely shatter from that hit but it had no effect" She says
Jul 26, 2015 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel

He grins
"The secret is the gem itself. The marble of abyss is a special gem. It's a special gem that you can only be found in the deepest parts of the elf forest so i can understand you not knowing much about it." and goes on and explains how the gem works. (seen in his thoughts some post above)
"So that is pretty much the gist of it but the marble of abyss is not the only secret of that shield. Well, ill keep the second one a secret."
ChadNegroJul 26, 2015 6:57 AM

Jul 26, 2015 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
"Well, i think the reason is more about the fact that i might be master smith and metallurgist but i have very little knowledge when it comes to jewellery or gems. But it is interesting. I have a small offer for you, considering this shield" Tilly says with her regular carefree tone, this girl really can't sound serious when talking business...
Jul 26, 2015 11:42 AM
Mar 2013
Siegfried looked to the blacksmith. "Alright. If it's free I won't turn it down." He said to her. He looked Daniel and looked over the shield for a moment. "Tell me, how many hits do you think it could take before shattering?"
Jul 26, 2015 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Tilly nods "You said you were in hurry, do you know when you are about to leave then?" she asks from Siegfried It's only an axe with couple special things, i can do it as a rush order, then i could manage to do it in a day, but if i want to make it top quality, i have to make it out of hessiba and majoite, so as a rush order that'd be 1,5 days, just need to get some sleep before starting to work on that axe she thought
Jul 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2015
Leafz wants into the forge, carefree but with a sense of purpose. Noting sigfried Tilly and Daniel, Leafz says "umm, I need some repairs done on my scythe I'm heading out for something big soon and heard you were the best around. I brought some admint, the metal this is made of pointing to the folded up scythe." Unknowingly and nïavely Leafz admited to having a weapon and ore that is extreamly rare and valuable.
Jul 26, 2015 1:13 PM
Mar 2013
Siegfried was about to say something when the girl talked to the Smith. He took a step back and slid his axe into his belt.
Jul 26, 2015 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
Tilyl turns to Leafz "May i see the scythe?" She asks admint? where the heck this kid got admint scythe, that metal is so damn rare, even i have hard time finding it anywhere she thought
Jul 26, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
Leafz unfolds the scythe the bend in the tip being a little over two inches above her head."here is the scythe, I was told it was hard to break and to repair it if it did. Also I was told if I lose it I will die, I think that was just a treat." Leafz didn't know that a gem called symli was on it causing it to bind to the user.
Jul 26, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
Tilly makes a quick examination on the scythe "Hmm yes, i can fix that, also it's good that you brought that admint with you, would be a pain to walk over to my forge to get some." She says

couple cracks and it has some brittle spots on it, well i just heat the blade and fix the brittle parts first, then i'll reinforce the blade with new layer of admint, it might get little bit heavier but at least i can keep it in balance she plans in her head

"Hey Daniel, you got forge here somewhere? atleast i think so since you make all this stuff by yourself" She asks
Jul 26, 2015 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
"oh I almost forgot," she exclaims, "My name is Leafz, if you need anything hunted down I can help, also I hope you don't mind if I call you big sister." She looks at Tilly pleadingly, Tilly reminded her of her lost sister for some reason. "Also there is a gem on top that can't be broke or something bad happens... It's called symli."
Jul 26, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
"Well i don't know much about gems, but thanks for the heads up. I am Tilly Nunez of Hearthforge, last smith of Nunez family, nice to meet you Leafz, and i don't mind you calling me big sister" Tilly says while waiting for Daniels response
Jul 26, 2015 1:32 PM

Jul 2015
"Thank you so much" Leafz said, "also Which one is Daniel big sister?" Leafz asked noting both sigfried with his axe and Daniel with his shield.
Jul 26, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
"One with the shield, Daniel is owner of this shop" Tilly says
Jul 26, 2015 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
"Oh, he looks kinda scary." Leafz said moving behind Tilly. I'm so glad she didn't ask how it got damaged dodge a bullet there.
Jul 26, 2015 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
"He isn't scary, even if he might look like it" Tilly says

"So Siegfried, when were you leaving?" Tilly asks getting back to the topic
RauziJul 26, 2015 2:03 PM
Jul 26, 2015 2:13 PM
Mar 2013
"Not sure. I was told that I would be summoned when I am needed. That's all I was told however I assume it'll be soon enough." He said. It was unfortunate he had not been given a designated time.
Jul 26, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
"Say, would you think 3-4 days is too much to ask?" Tilly asks
Jul 26, 2015 3:16 PM
Mar 2013
"I do not think so." He knew she probably wanted to take her time with this one rather than pull and all nighter again. He couldn't blame her.
Jul 26, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
"I see, well then it will be done somewhere on the next week" Tilly says Well, at least i have time to make it even better, maybe even put some decorating on it she thought
Jul 26, 2015 3:23 PM

Jul 2015
After letting big sister finish her agreements she asked "umm, miser sigfried I need to get to the castle, you look like you might know how to get there, can you take me when you leave?"
Jul 26, 2015 4:25 PM
Mar 2013
He shrugged. "Sure." He said. He didn't have a problem with showing her the way.
Jul 26, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2015
"Thank you so much!" Leafz bounced up and dow exitedly forgetin she was still holding onto Tilly's shirt. " I'm sorry big sister, I must be embersing you." little did they know that under the childish look was a killer of nobles, she also had helped clear the biggest goblin cave found, killing 150 out of the 1000 goblins. of course only the villigers who hired her knew that.
Jul 26, 2015 11:47 PM

Aug 2013
Tilly doesn't pay a heed on Leafz jumping around, she starts looking around again while waiting for Daniels response
Jul 27, 2015 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel
He looks at Leafz and smiles.
Leafz? I think a may have heard that name from the locals. Also that is Scythe. If i remember correctly that is marble of souls, the gem called symli. It is rather rare... I would like to take a closer look since you don't see too many of them around. Also, how does she know my name?
He then turned his attention back to Tilly "An offer? Let me hear it"
[i]She probably wants me to work for her...

Jul 27, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
"Yes, the offer, you see, i am currently working with the army, so my offer is that, i could help you with developing the shield, you can handle the building and that gem stuff, i take care of making the parts. With my help we could get that shield rather quickly to the point where we could present it to army, the split on money would be 50-50, what do you say?" Tilly explains
Jul 27, 2015 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel
"It definitely sounds interesting. I could make a lot out of that... but i am afraid that that is not possible." he said shaking his head.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM

» {Arzla City} - Wedding Ceremony ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Aug 2, 2015

62 by Wymsical »»
Aug 10, 2015 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.