Forum Settings
Forums

Anime/Manga where the girl (the main character) chases after a guy and gets him (No love triangles, please!)

New
Jan 29, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
Most romance anime/manga is where the guy goes after the girl and a few where they go after each other. I want to see one where the main character is a girl and actively pursues the guy and finally wins him over. No love triangles or anything please. I'm a bit tired of them being used in romance. I prefer it to be solely the girl going after the guy and him and her alone.

I've pretty much read only shounen and seinen, so I know I'm probably going to tread into Shoujo territory, but I don't mind. Shoujo probably isn't bad - I just haven't really read much. The only one I've read was Vampire Knight, I think, though I dropped it halfway into the series.

Let me know if you know any, and if you do - which one is the best. Tearjerking drama, comedy, and heartwarming moments are a huge plus as well, but not necessary.
Jan 29, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
I'd say Kimi Ni Todoke, but there is almost a sign of love triangle in it. The two main characters like each other, but there are some other characters who like them but they don't really stand a chance with them if that counts?
Be warned at some ridiculously slow pacing if you do decide to watch it. I've only read the first volume, and the pacing seemed good in the manga, but the anime adaption part of that also had good pacing so I'm assuming the manga's pacing ending up getting slower too.
Jan 29, 2014 12:23 PM
Dec 2013
I am not good when it comes to anime terms like Shounen or Shoujo. But this one is good also Mirai Nikki ( Future Diary )

Though the girl in here seems to be an insane stalker. But, at the end they were realize that they loved each other.
私はあなたを愛して。 29915250
It takes one step backward, and two steps forward. *Avi
Jan 29, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Joshua1207 said:
I'd say Kimi Ni Todoke, but there is almost a sign of love triangle in it. The two main characters like each other, but there are some other characters who like them but they don't really stand a chance with them if that counts?
Be warned at some ridiculously slow pacing if you do decide to watch it. I've only read the first volume, and the pacing seemed good in the manga, but the anime adaption part of that also had good pacing so I'm assuming the manga's pacing ending up getting slower too.

I think I actually heard of that one! I probably should give it a shot. I think the reason I stayed away was because I almost expected this to be "horror" since they mentioned Sadako from "The Ring". What a misunderstanding XD. As for pacing, I think I'll read the manga.

A little competition, I can take. I just don't want there to be an "actual triangle", where the main couple stray away from each other and they themselves become romantically interested. So this I don't mind too much.

baskervillain said:
Itazura na Kiss is a good one, although there are several times when other characters become romantically interested in the main characters. On the plus side, both main characters only have eyes for each other; there's really no contest. If you can tolerate that, then I definitely suggest you check it out. :)

If they only have eyes for each other, I think I won't mind. As I said - while I don't prefer it, I don't actually mind a little competition if the main couple don't stray from each other.

AviJii said:
I am not good when it comes to anime terms like Shounen or Shoujo. But this one is good also Mirai Nikki ( Future Diary )

Though the girl in here seems to be an insane stalker. But, at the end they were realize that they loved each other.

Oh WOW. I just read the synopsis and this looks like it will be my type of manga XD. It has a very unique plot and while the main character isn't female, his stalker is just the type of girl I'm looking for! Thanks for this one! I'm setting this as a high priority to read.

Keep them coming people!
DocNJan 29, 2014 1:27 PM
Jan 29, 2014 1:28 PM
Dec 2013
AviJii said:

Oh WOW. I just read the synopsis and this looks like it will be my type of manga XD. It has a very unique plot and while the main character isn't female, his stalker is just the type of girl I'm looking for!

Sorry as I am not sure if it has a Manga but you can check it out also. Anime version of this one is really good. Aside from that, Illustration of the Female MC ( Yuno Gasai ) is very unique and her personality is really great as well.
私はあなたを愛して。 29915250
Jan 29, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
AviJii said:

Oh WOW. I just read the synopsis and this looks like it will be my type of manga XD. It has a very unique plot and while the main character isn't female, his stalker is just the type of girl I'm looking for!

Sorry as I am not sure if it has a Manga but you can check it out also. Anime version of this one is really good. Aside from that, Illustration of the Female MC ( Yuno Gasai ) is very unique and her personality is really great as well.

Ah, so this is anime only, huh? Well I don't mind anime. I just sometimes don't like the slow pacing of anime compared to manga, since I can typically breeze through 10 volumes in a morning.

On a plus side, animation allows a character to really come to life in front of me and allows them to be more streamlined than in manga. So I'll probably check it out.
Jan 29, 2014 1:32 PM
Dec 2013
DocN said:
AviJii said:

Ah, so this is anime only, huh? Well I don't mind anime. I just sometimes don't like the slow pacing of anime compared to manga, since I can typically breeze through 10 volumes in a morning.

On a plus side, animation allows a character to really come to life in front of me and allows them to be more streamlined than in manga. So I'll probably check it out.

No doubt it has a Manga version as well. http://myanimelist.net/manga/584/Mirai_Nikki But, I would hardly recommend the Anime version as well. As this one is really good. It has a good story and it will keep you thinking as you progress with each episode.
私はあなたを愛して。 29915250
Jan 29, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
Seconding Itazura na Kiss. There isn't really a love triangle, and you'll see what I mean if you decide to watch it.
Eminem meets Clannad
Just when you thought Clannad's OST was as sad as it could get ;_;

If you seen School Days, rewatch the ending while listening to A Little of Piece of Heaven by A7X. I guarantee laughs.
Jan 29, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2014
CallMePriest said:
Seconding Itazura na Kiss. There isn't really a love triangle, and you'll see what I mean if you decide to watch it.

Okay, I'll definitely give it a shot then! :D Thanks for the recommends! Also, I loved that video in your sig - Clannad and Eminem!
Feb 24, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
Okay, so I just finished Mirai Nikki and holy WOW I was completely blown away. I never thought I'd love an anime as much as I did GTO and Death Note, but then this came along.

My God. If this was one of the ones recommended and I really loved it to death, then I'm checking out the other two :D

But... Which one should I watch first? Itazura Ga Kiss or Kimi Ni Todoke? :D
Apr 28, 2016 7:19 PM
Apr 2016
I don't know if anyone is still reading this but kare kano is a good one where they both chase each other, start dating and everything for about half the show then the producers start to ignore the romance part. If I remember right it was after episode 18.
Apr 29, 2016 3:46 AM

Feb 2014
@DocN :

Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare from Sakisaka Io is good for anyone who want to try shoujo manga.
The art is pretty, as much as expected from the author, and the story so far is good. The characters in this manga are interesting (and perfect for pairing).

Story :
The story centers around Yuna and Akari who have two very different views of love: Yuna is someone who sees love as a dream and Akari is someone who is very realistic about her romance choices. Meanwhile, there are two boys, Kazuomi and Rio, who also have different views of love: Kazuomi’s an airhead and doesn't understand the concept of love while Rio grabs the opportunity when confessed to as long as the girl looks cute.

More topics from this board

» Overpowered MC Recommendations

kamui4697 - Yesterday

12 by kamui4697 »»
4 hours ago

» Hyouka alike protagonist containing shows?

AlwaysBiggerFish - May 10

3 by DBX »»
5 hours ago

» Military anime like kingdom

internetguy214 - Aug 4

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 hours ago

» 90's Anime Recommendations (Please Recommend Based On Post Body)

Enderobot - Yesterday

7 by Enderobot »»
11 hours ago

» I want this anime but i forgot the name of it

aa7745023 - Jul 21

5 by nirererin »»
Today, 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.