Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2012 10:12 AM

Jul 2008
So yeah, Far Cry 3 from the 4 hours I've invested in it so far have been pretty awesome. Went into it with a "sort of want" mentality, I've aways been of the opinion games like this get over-hyped, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The game's graphics are pure sex on the PC, it's always nice to see a game that can push my GTX 680 to full load.

Anywho, just wondering if anybody else has picked it up and what they thought about it.
Dec 6, 2012 10:17 AM
Dec 2012
I'm always looking for a FPS that will get me interested in FPS. They bore me. I'm more of a third-person-killin' kind of guy. Is this good enough to get me to put down Hitman for a few days?
Dec 6, 2012 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
fameONE said:
I'm always looking for a FPS that will get me interested in FPS. They bore me. I'm more of a third-person-killin' kind of guy. Is this good enough to get me to put down Hitman for a few days?
The game plays like a first person Metal Gear Solid game in a sandbox world the size of Skyrim that takes place in a tropical island setting. You also get the ability to customize weapons, craft goods for various things, and operate a wide range of vehicles.

If anything I just said even remotely interests you, I would definitely suggest it.

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtEr1TW-uZE
here is Max Scoville's review if you'd like to see a professional review. Only thing I think his review is lacking is demonstrating the stealth elements of the game.
DefianceDec 6, 2012 10:33 AM
Dec 6, 2012 10:31 AM
Dec 2012
Defiance said:
fameONE said:
The game plays like a first person Metal Gear Solid game in a sandbox world the size of Skyrim that takes place in a tropical island setting. You also get the ability to customize weapons, craft goods for various things, and operate a wide range of vehicles.

If anything I just said even remotely interests you, I would definitely suggest it.

You said Metal Gear Solid. MGS is relevant to my interests. I might have to buy it on my way home from work.
Dec 6, 2012 10:45 AM

May 2009
This game would be my GOTY if Xenoblade didn't excist.
Dec 6, 2012 11:17 AM

Jan 2012
Well, it looks and plays great. They pretty much nailed the combat, stealth and wildlife and the large variety of first person animations adds a lot to the immersion. The writing might be cringe-worthy at times but it's still way over average for a open world game. Some of the characters are intriguing as fuck, even if I personally dislike the protagonist and his friends.

The UI is extremely clunky though and the placement of the minimap makes me weep for humanity. It's also too easy, even on the highest setting and they don't reward exploration and non-combat skills enough. There's a whole lot of content here but not enough variation to justify playing the game more than once in my opinion.

Personally went through the whole thing strictly using the compound bow, knife and explosives and it felt like a goddamn Rambo simulator of awesomeness. Haven't had this much fun with a FPS campaign since Half-Life 2 now that I think of it. The quest "Kick the Hornet's Nest" with this playing in the background was possibly my favourite gaming moment this year.

Givin' Far Cry 3 a very strong 8.5/10 and a solid spot on the list of my GOTY candidates.
GuZDec 7, 2012 1:28 AM
Dec 6, 2012 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
I was going to download it, but I decided to use that bandwidth for anime instead.
I'll probably still get it soon, but I'll only have the time to actually play it some time next year.
Dec 6, 2012 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Hunting is way more fun than it should be in Far Cry 3. The only real complaint I have so far is the servers on XBL (Yeah I know, console.)
Dec 6, 2012 2:17 PM

Nov 2011
I'm planning on picking it up soon. From the trailers alone I was captivated. They really know how to make an antagonist. Vaas is the perfect antagonist; Vaas is cynical, psychotic, intelligent and oh so many qualities that make him the guy you love to hate.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 6, 2012 6:16 PM

Jun 2009
Game is great on PC! WAY better than Far Cry 2 and on par with Far Cry 1.
Dec 6, 2012 8:01 PM

Feb 2005
Seems like what FC1 could have been without the silly mutants devolving it into a twitch shooter halfway through. I'm definitely getting this.

More topics from this board

» game for mobile

anhd389 - Dec 26, 2023

12 by 210200 »»
1 hour ago

» What are your favorite anime games and list down their pros and cons

DafuqBOOM - Mar 7

4 by ZAIRETHEGUY »»
3 hours ago

» Do you play games in which you have to actually work to make it playable?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

3 by Vampire_Lord »»
3 hours ago

» What gives you instant motivation to plat/100% a game

Joesaka - Jun 8

16 by Vampire_Lord »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Cs:go or Valorant?

bernierimo - Nov 1, 2020

43 by 88expert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.