Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 8, 2012 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
Got wind of it just now! Here are my impressions!

ASUNA! In the following,

Looks really nice TBH. I like her appearance!

The second girl in the following,

Also has the lovely elf appearance. Whom I like

The rest in the list:
  • Kirito’s sister in the spoiler
    is hot and fine done!
So what do you think?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2012 2:31 PM

Jan 2008
We think your a bit late. Lol.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=501425
Oct 8, 2012 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
they seriously went overboard with lyfa's bust size,

(jesus did i just write a whole paragraph about boobs!?)

and your poll is totally bias xD
ZekkenOct 8, 2012 2:44 PM
Oct 8, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Well I already know them form the LN and I like them already but lets see the HOW THE ANIMATION is first.

Suguha is probably the only moe character from SAO that I approve.
Oct 8, 2012 2:39 PM

Apr 2012
I don't know why but Asuna seems like even more of a bitch with those elf ears.

And man! Schoolgirls these days grow fast! Must be all the hormones in the food!
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 8, 2012 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
As someone posted. A bit late. Thanks. lol. I'm usually on top of news getting out as early as possible. BUWHAHAHAHA.
Oct 8, 2012 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
@Zekken

Thats a bit spoilerish.Yeah I know that
Oct 8, 2012 2:53 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:

Well too bad, I was busy in life and like I did not check. Not really 24hrs only.
Zekken said:

Not really. You either like it or not. It's what the poll is about.

So how big are the originals one? Care to compare to see the light?

You know the gimmick of marketing and making characters breasts bigger is a mere cyclic move that always happens.

They want Lyfa to appeal sexually and that is the end result. Simple as that.
BloodRequiem said:

And man! Schoolgirls these days grow fast! Must be all the hormones in the food!
Because Elf ears can make some girls sluttier. That's good. It means Asuna will be sexually more enticing and you are a sole good feedback for that one.

Oct 8, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Zekken said:

You know the gimmick of marketing and making characters breasts bigger is a mere cyclic move that always happens.

BloodRequiem said:

Because Elf ears can make some girls sluttier. That's good. It means Asuna will be sexually more enticing and you are a sole good feedback for that one.

Might be spoiler-ish but not really, just images.

Her bust size seems fine to me.
Oct 8, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2007
I've always hated elves and elf-style characters, especially when the design includes the stereotypical pointy long ears. It just grosses me out.
Oct 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
I've always hated elves and elf-style characters, especially when the design includes the stereotypical pointy long ears. It just grosses me out.

Well you either like it or not.Heck I read the LN and I didnt like them so much.

But ....elves have stereotypical pointy long ears?Thats like saying that vampires have stereotypical pointy fangs.
Oct 8, 2012 3:00 PM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:

Well too bad, I was busy in life and like I did not check. Not really 24hrs only.
Zekken said:

BloodRequiem said:

i know all that, especially when they want to appeal to the male side of the audience but still....

its like your hoping they'll make a hentai out of this or something <_<
i still remember what people did to silica after she made her debut....i don't want them to do that to lyfa but it appears its gonna happen anyway....
Oct 8, 2012 3:01 PM

Jun 2007
ssjokg said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Well you either like it or not.Heck I read the LN and I didnt like them so much.

But ....elves have stereotypical pointy long ears?Thats like saying that vampires have stereotypical pointy fangs.

No, no. I mean when elf designs DO have those ears it just makes me bothered by them even more. I'm not complaining that the design is lazy or something like that, I was just tacking it on as an extra "this makes them even more gross to me" thing. The designs look like what you'd expect for that type of character in a game.

Though one thing that bothers me is that Asuna somehow looks exactly like her real life self again when the mirror doesn't exist here. Does the game have a feature that lets you use your real face like those awful PS Eye games did or something? I know the Nerve Gear gets it...but would it really be able to (normally) create your exact liking in a game at this point in it's technology? I mean besides that, it's an MMO, who would use their real face? Would that even be safe for the company to allow on a legal level?

Oh, GUUURL GAMERS like Asuna would totally use their real face, so I take that back.
TallonKarrde23Oct 8, 2012 3:06 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

No, no. I mean when elf designs DO have those ears it just makes me bothered by them even more. I'm not complaining that the design is lazy or something like that, I was just tacking it on as an extra "this makes them even more gross to me" thing.

I didnt mean it about the designs.I just find calling them "stereotypical" weird.
Oct 8, 2012 3:08 PM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

Oh, GUUURL GAMERS like Asuna would totally use their real face, so I take that back.

especially a noob like asuna who used her real name in SAO lol xD

not gonna say anything else cuz of spoilers....
Oct 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Jan 2008
Zekken said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

especially a noob like asuna who used her real name lol xD

not gonna say anything else cuz of spoilers....

Well she is a noob, SAO was her first game ever. Sadly, they skipped her back story.... I think.
Oct 8, 2012 3:12 PM

Feb 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:

Yeah. Not to be a jerk but you probably should. If people went around posting all the time even though the said topic/info has already been posted then we'd have a clutter of redundant threads. I mean... it's understandable if it wasn't in the first page but the topic has been near the top all the time.
Oct 8, 2012 3:13 PM

Jun 2007
Paul said:

Well she is a noob, SAO was her first game ever. Sadly, they skipped her back story.... I think.

Knowing that just makes her character even more annoying. First game ever, girl, and somehow magically one of the best players on the entire game? Seriously?

She truly is a girl gamer at their worst. She got the second in command in one of THE BIGGEST and most powerful guilds in the ENTIRE GAME just because she's a girl for fucks sake, plus always has guys taking care of her entirely.

Lots of noobs does make sense though. VR games would really bring in the casual playerbase, just like wii did, into gaming. So at least that's believable.
Oct 8, 2012 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
Paul said:

Knowing that just makes her character even more annoying. First game ever, girl, and somehow magically one of the best players on the entire game? Seriously?

She truly is a girl gamer at their worst. She got the second in command in one of THE BIGGEST and most powerful guilds in the ENTIRE GAME just because she's a girl for fucks sake, plus always has guys taking care of her entirely.

Lots of noobs does make sense though. VR games would really bring in the casual playerbase, just like wii did, into gaming. So at least that's believable.

Nope.avi, but because she has is fast leveler like Kirito compared to most players. Also got to remember that during her first few weeks she pretty much sat in a room doing nothing because she was afraid, and had to overcome the fear. Stuff like that can change a person, but I can already see you're one of those Haters that watches a show even though they hate it so ┐( ̄_ ̄)┌

Though Asuna is annoying as hell. Whenever she started crying and whining I skipped the scene.
TyrelOct 8, 2012 3:23 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

No, no. I mean when elf designs DO have those ears it just makes me bothered by them even more. I'm not complaining that the design is lazy or something like that, I was just tacking it on as an extra "this makes them even more gross to me" thing. The designs look like what you'd expect for that type of character in a game.

Though one thing that bothers me is that Asuna somehow looks exactly like her real life self again when the mirror doesn't exist here. Does the game have a feature that lets you use your real face like those awful PS Eye games did or something? I know the Nerve Gear gets it...but would it really be able to (normally) create your exact liking in a game at this point in it's technology? I mean besides that, it's an MMO, who would use their real face? Would that even be safe for the company to allow on a legal level?

Your choice if you want to read or not:
Oct 8, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2007
Tyrel said:

Nope.avi, but because she has is fast leveler like Kirito compared to most players. Also got to remember that during her first few weeks she pretty much sat in a room doing nothing because she was afraid, and had to overcome the fear. Stuff like that can change a person, but I can already see you're one of those Haters that watches a show even though they hate it so ┐( ̄_ ̄)┌

How am I supposed to remember something that never happened in the show? Your entire argument is apparently based on the LIGHT NOVELS because none of what you just said was ever shown in the anime, the first appearance of her is her on the front lines fighting with kirito after they leave town together. And sorry, this is an adaptation, not just another view of the LN. If something didn't happen in the show, it's irrelevant to the conversation ABOUT the show.

So, no, I am not "one of those haters who watches the show even though I hate it" just to talk shit about it (I do hate it though!), I'm just not a person who read the light novels - and thanks to your little book getting horribly adapted, I lack any of this information, and it's not canon as far as any viewers of the show only are aware because we never even get a hint of it. So yeah, it's canon, but it's a factual event WE DONT KNOW ABOUT. Me included. I might not like the show, but it doesn't mean I'm just saying this to 'troll' and assuming thats how things work is just sad.

From what the show bothers to give the viewer - Asuna is just magically amazing at games and gets a high ranking in the best guild because she's female.

ssjokg said:

4.The author probably decided that after SAO he will either change them completely or not at all.For example Kirito in GGO...I loled pretty good there.

To me that just comes off as lazy. He tries to build up these in depth MMOs but then just continually skimps on the details like "well whatever I'd rather write what happened"...which the FOCUS being on the events and characters is right, but entirely just treating everything else unimportantly is really bad writing. There needs to be consistency and a believable world - even in science fiction and anime. The characters should always, believably, have new designs every game - or at least similar to their OLD designs - but they shouldn't ever look like their real selves so perfectly. It breaks the believability of the environment, that being an MMO, and thus the immersion in the show.

I'm not gonna sit here picking out plot holes and complaining (plus avoid the shows threads to avoid doing exactly that) but I think he could have put more effort into redesigning the cast in each game rather than just occasionally.

I do know the difference in GGO and really...he still looks exactly the same aside well, the obvious big difference plus having longer hair. Aside that he looks exactly like he did as himself in SAO.
TallonKarrde23Oct 8, 2012 3:30 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
Tyrel said:

How am I supposed to remember something that never happened in the show? Your entire argument is apparently based on the LIGHT NOVELS because none of what you just said was ever shown in the anime, the first appearance of her is her on the front lines fighting with kirito after they leave town together. And sorry, this is an adaptation, not just another view of the LN. If something didn't happen in the show, it's irrelevant to the conversation ABOUT the show.

So, no, I am not "one of those haters who watches the show even though I hate it" just to talk shit about it (I do hate it though!), I'm just not a person who read the light novels - and thanks to your little book getting horribly adapted, I lack any of this information, and it's not canon as far as any viewers of the show only are aware because we never even get a hint of it. So yeah, it's canon, but it's a factual event WE DONT KNOW ABOUT. Me included. I might not like the show, but it doesn't mean I'm just saying this to 'troll' and assuming thats how things work is just sad.

From what the show bothers to give the viewer - Asuna is just magically amazing at games and gets a high ranking in the best guild because she's female.

Oh boy you never really did pay attention did you? Asuna herself stated in one of the episodes that she stayed in a room for 1 week because of being afraid to leave.
Oct 8, 2012 3:37 PM

Jun 2007
Tyrel said:

Oh boy you never really did pay attention did you? Asuna herself stated in one of the episodes that she stayed in a room for 1 week because of being afraid to leave.

One week sitting in a game is a lot different than "a few" which is what you originally said. And, no, that's not just a tiny way of getting out of it, it's simple so let me explain. One week of being locked up and hiding will NOT make you change so drastically that you come out as somehow the best player in the entire server aside Kirito and Heathcliff, let alone somehow "good enough" (read as : having tits) to be the second in command of the highest order in the game.

SEVERAL weeks may mentally damage a person to the point they'd become someone entirely different and, probably while locked up that long, at least be good at the basics. In terms of anime, this long may 'break' them and turn them into a magically overpowered character...but a week is really stretching it. I'm sure thousands or at LEAST hundreds of players did exactly that.

Neither actually explains anything I had a problem with though...so I'm sorry but I still don't see your point. No matter how much it changed her she, having played no video games ever, became someone who - if this was a legit game and not hijacked by the admin - would be THE third best player ON THE ENTIRE GAME. That's fucking amazing, even for super skilled players, that's fucking amazing. Sitting in a room for 3 weeks won't cause that.
Oct 8, 2012 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Tyrel said:

ssjokg said:

4.The author probably decided that after SAO he will either change them completely or not at all.For example Kirito in GGO...I loled pretty good there.

To me that just comes off as lazy. He tries to build up these in depth MMOs but then just continually skimps on the details like "well whatever I'd rather write what happened"...which the FOCUS being on the events and characters is right, but entirely just treating everything else unimportantly is really bad writing. There needs to be consistency and a believable world - even in science fiction and anime. The characters should always, believably, have new designs every game - or at least similar to their OLD designs - but they shouldn't ever look like their real selves so perfectly. It breaks the believability of the environment, that being an MMO, and thus the immersion in the show.

I'm not gonna sit here picking out plot holes and complaining (plus avoid the shows threads to avoid doing exactly that) but I think he could have put more effort into redesigning the cast in each game rather than just occasionally.

I do know the difference in GGO and really...he still looks exactly the same aside well, the obvious big difference plus having longer hair. Aside that he looks exactly like he did as himself in SAO.

Well as long as it's only the old cast from SAO that doesnt change I dont mind.The new chars for ALO and GGO have very different designs. Lyfa for example.....
ssjokgOct 8, 2012 3:46 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:38 PM

Jun 2007
ssjokg said:

Well as long as it's only the old cast from SAO that doesnt change I dont mind.The new chars for ALO and GGO have very different designs. Lyfa for example.....

To me that seems to make it even less consistent.

If the newly introduced cast looks entirely different from their real counterparts, why does only the SAO cast play as themselves? Even if it's possible within the game to do that, why would the only players doing so just HAPPEN to be the recurring main cast?

And for the record for both of you, I'm not trying to argue a point, let alone just to argue, rather I'm trying to understand how people see these things - because to me these things are a big deal in terms of consistency, believability (of course, in terms of anime), and immersion in the show...and they really seem to be lacking.
TallonKarrde23Oct 8, 2012 3:42 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:

To me that seems to make it even less consistent.

If the newly introduced cast looks entirely different from their real counterparts, why does only the SAO cast play as themselves? Even if it's possible within the game to do that, why would the only players doing so just HAPPEN to be the recurring main cast?

Thats because of how ALO was created which is also part of the main plot(if they dont omit it).After the events of ALO they could make new accounts or keep the ones from SAO.Asuna for example kept her old one and made a new one too.

And recurring is a stretch really.In the anime we will see them inside ALO for about 2 minutes in the end.
Oct 8, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2007
ssjokg said:

Thats because of how ALO was created which is also part of the main plot(if they dont omit it).After the events of ALO they could make new accounts or keep the ones from SAO.Asuna for example kept her old one and made a new one too.

Why wouldn't their SAO accounts still, on the level of the database at least, be their original character designs? Like the Kirito you see in the first episode, rather than the one he turns into after using the mirror? And again, even then, wouldn't more players have carried over their "real" designs?

Or, like with Kirito - and how he is even in GGO - he looks the same but changes at least enough to look like a 'new' design of himself in each game from what I know...while Asuna looks EXACTLY like herself. This just feels like a way around having to rethink the designs for some of the characters...and now with how popular Asuna is, it makes even more sense because if you changed her you might upset her fans, but I'm not sure how extremely identical she was in the novels through the games. But that just feels like such a cop out.

I guess this is getting into the frodo plot hole argument stuff though, so maybe I should stop.

And recurring is a stretch really.In the anime we will see them inside ALO for about 2 minutes in the end.

Didn't see this or it wasn't edited in yet but I'm a little confused. The next game the show will focus on is ALO, right? I mean, the designs in the first post with the elves, they have to be around more than 2 minutes, no? Or is it really that quick of an arc and the show will push into a third game in the next couple of episodes?
TallonKarrde23Oct 8, 2012 3:51 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:

And for the record for both of you, I'm not trying to argue a point, let alone just to argue, rather I'm trying to understand how people see these things - because to me these things are a big deal in terms of consistency, believability (of course, in terms of anime), and immersion in the show...and they really seem to be lacking.

To me you dont seem like one of the usuals from the "hatebase".

Your problem is reasonable.While I dont care about their avatars, I hate how they mostly use their game names even outside the game.Especially Asuna. Calling him Kazuto once in a while would make her more likable to me.I dont hate her but she is at the bottom of the female chars from ALL THE 10 VOLUMES.I even like Kayaba's assistant more than her.
Oct 8, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
@Tallonkarrde23

I can't really argue with your last post with me, so l0l. The Adaptation really does make Asuna look like she is way too good to be true. Even if she was cooped up in a room for 1 week they don't really show why she became the best. The only reason she was the KoB second in command was because she never cared about dying, this made her level extremely fast which made her near Kirito level in terms of Level, not skill though.

No you're not the say 'Haterbase' level, but trying to reason with you I find hard maybe its because I lack the information to give you. I haven't read the LN for a long time now, so I can't really back up lots of stuff I'm saying, and as you've said this is an adaptation not the LN. Where the viewers who haven't read it don't know what's going on.

I can't argue with any of your other points because yeah I fail.

Didn't see this or it wasn't edited in yet but I'm a little confused. The next game the show will focus on is ALO, right? I mean, the designs in the first post with the elves, they have to be around more than 2 minutes, no? Or is it really that quick of an arc and the show will push into a third game in the next couple of episodes?

Yes a separate game, from that of SAO and no the show will not push into the 3rd game as the GGO aka the 3rd arc. IMO one of the better ones out of SAO/ALO. They would need honestly over 24 Episodes to do GGO, if they did it any less I'd pretty much go to the series writer and smack him.
TyrelOct 8, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 8, 2012 3:53 PM

Oct 2010
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Zekken said:

BloodRequiem said:

NICE BUST! I will take Kirito's sister to my harem then, but I think I did already from last episode's appearance.

Well I was right. She is nice and enticing.

Can't wait to see the service of that spoiler

Betting color might be red!
kayos90 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:

Yeah. Not to be a jerk but you probably should. If people went around posting all the time even though the said topic/info has already been posted then we'd have a clutter of redundant threads. I mean... it's understandable if it wasn't in the first page but the topic has been near the top all the time.
It was also very badly titled.

If anything the titles should be changed.

Oct 8, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:

Why wouldn't their SAO accounts still, on the level of the database at least, be their original character designs? Like the Kirito you see in the first episode, rather than the one he turns into after using the mirror? And again, even then, wouldn't more players have carried over their "real" designs?

Or, like with Kirito - and how he is even in GGO - he looks the same but changes at least enough to look like a 'new' design of himself in each game from what I know...while Asuna looks EXACTLY like herself. This just feels like a way around having to rethink the designs for some of the characters...and now with how popular Asuna is, it makes even more sense because if you changed her you might upset her fans, but I'm not sure how extremely identical she was in the novels through the games. But that just feels like such a cop out.

I guess this is getting into the frodo plot hole argument stuff though, so maybe I should stop.

No it's just that only Kirito,Yui and Asuna appear inside the game long enough to care about.The others log in for the first time after Asuna is saved.

THEY BETTER NOT TRY TO MAKE GGO LESS THAN 25 EPS.
Oct 8, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Zekken said:

BloodRequiem said:

NICE BUST! I will take Kirito's sister to my harem then, but I think I did already from last episode's appearance.

Well I was right. She is nice and enticing.

Can't wait to see the service of that spoiler

Betting color might be red!
kayos90 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Paul said:

It was also very badly titled.

If anything the titles should be changed.

How was it badly titled? BecauseI put a spoiler tag and episode 15 onwards instead of S2? The message is clearly portrayed....
Oct 8, 2012 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
The only reason she was the KoB second in command was because she never cared about dying, this made her level extremely fast which made her near Kirito level in terms of Level, not skill though.

You got me interested there. Does the LN give an explanation as to why she didn't care about dying, because seriously, those are the type of psychological development I expected from this anime.
Oct 8, 2012 3:59 PM

Jun 2007
ssjokg said:

No it's just that only Kirito,Yui and Asuna appear inside the game long enough to care about.The others log in for the first time after Asuna is saved.

I was really hoping Klein would be around more, but I guess that means he'll be around even less. That kinda sucks, he was really the best character in the show for me so far.

ssjokg said:

Your problem is reasonable.While I dont care about their avatars, I hate how they mostly use their game names even outside the game.Especially Asuna. Calling him Kazuto once in a while would make her more likable to me.I dont hate her but she is at the bottom of the female chars from ALL THE 10 VOLUMES.I even like Kayaba's assistant more than her.

I think it's pretty believable she'd, at least for a bit, end up calling him Kirito for awhile in person. I mean, with all the people I've known online even ones I knew on a more intimate level, most of the time we still used our internet names to refer to each other - it's just habit and comfortable. Kind of like any other nickname you may have in life and use often. As long as she's trying to call him by his real name and doesn't take forever to start doing so, it makes sense at least the first few being together in person you'd call them by their handle. But given their situation with one another, I'd think she should call him by his real name, yeah.

I also don't like her very much at all. I like the sister or cousin or whatever she is purely from her character design (as it's all I know about her), and the blacksmith the most so far.

Tyrel said:
No you're not the say 'Haterbase' level, but trying to reason with you I find hard maybe its because I lack the information to give you. I haven't read the LN for a long time now, so I can't really back up lots of stuff I'm saying, and as you've said this is an adaptation not the LN. Where the viewers who haven't read it don't know what's going on.

As much as I dislike the show because, well, it's pretty badly done in a lot of ways, for some reason I feel drawn to it, continue to watch it, and try to understand more about it. So thanks for trying to answer, and sorry for always coming off so aggressive, it's just how I am.

I find it odd she doesn't care about dying if she hid for so long - but I suppose it's believable that from locking herself up all that time she'd end up with that mindset.
Oct 8, 2012 4:01 PM

Feb 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:

I was really hoping Klein would be around more, but I guess that means he'll be around even less. That kinda sucks, he was really the best character in the show for me so far.

ssjokg said:

I think it's pretty believable she'd, at least for a bit, end up calling him Kirito for awhile in person. I mean, with all the people I've known online even ones I knew on a more intimate level, most of the time we still used our internet names to refer to each other - it's just habit and comfortable. Kind of like any other nickname you may have in life and use often. As long as she's trying to call him by his real name and doesn't take forever to start doing so, it makes sense at least the first few being together in person you'd call them by their handle. But given their situation with one another, I'd think she should call him by his real name, yeah.

I also don't like her very much at all. I like the sister or cousin or whatever she is purely from her character design (as it's all I know about her), and the blacksmith the most so far.

Tyrel said:

As much as I dislike the show because, well, it's pretty badly done in a lot of ways, for some reason I feel drawn to it, continue to watch it, and try to understand more about it. So thanks for trying to answer, and sorry for always coming off so aggressive, it's just how I am.

I find it odd she doesn't care about dying if she hid for so long - but I suppose it's believable that from locking herself up all that time she'd end up with that mindset.

I've had discussions with other people as to why they like SAO despite recognizing the many faults it has. I've gotten answers ranging from good world building, likeable protagonist, the game aspect, and batman.
Oct 8, 2012 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Tyrel said:
The only reason she was the KoB second in command was because she never cared about dying, this made her level extremely fast which made her near Kirito level in terms of Level, not skill though.

You got me interested there. Does the LN give an explanation as to why she didn't care about dying, because seriously, those are the type of psychological development I expected from this anime.

You might have to get ssjokg to answer this, as I haven't read LN for quite some time and when I need to make sure I recheck on my PSD file I downloaded LN for. The only explanation I can remember from Asuna wiki page is that she originality didn't care about dying, but meeting "Kirito" (Of Course) changed her personality and outlook on life. I'm not sure why she didn't care about dying though.. My view.Maybe this is because how Kirito put all the "Beater", "Beta tester" on himself. Asuna looked up to Kirito in a way (I think..), and how he was just set on just beating the game. Again ask ssjokg.

Refer to ssjokg below, as I was completely off. I was using Anime part to show why she could of changed. I really should reread before commenting towards LN.
TyrelOct 8, 2012 4:19 PM
Oct 8, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
Tyrel said:
SetsukoHara said:
Tyrel said:

You might have to get ssjokg to answer this, as I haven't read LN for quite some time and when I need to make sure I recheck on my PSD file I downloaded LN for. The only explanation I can remember from Asuna wiki page is that she originality didn't care about dying, but meeting "Kirito" (Of Course) changed her personality and outlook on life. I'm not sure why she didn't care about dying though.. My view, Maybe this is because how Kirito put all the "Beater", "Beta tester" on himself. Asuna looked up to Kirito in a way (I think..), and how he was just set on just beating the game. Again ask ssjokg.

I'm pretty sure she didn't care about dying because she was either going to die in this world or die trying to make it out alive, making pretty much everything she did reckless.
Oct 8, 2012 4:12 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

Tyrel said:

The problem is that even after 2 years after SAO she barely calls him by his real name

The one arc Klein gets the same screen time as Kirito is VERY FAR AWAY.But in that arc he is the best.

Asuna locked herself up because of how she was raised in the real world(being an oujo-sama).Her first concern was that she didnt finish her homework instead of the danger that she would face from there on.And she thought that help will come from outside.Then she decided that it doesnt matter if she dies,she has to do something instead of waiting.
Really why did they change their meeting in the 2nd ep?How and why she leveled up so fast is understandable in the LN.

Aria was really butchered in the anime.As far as char development goes IF I was the director I would dedicate the whole ep in their meeting instead of the fight that didnt really add anything in the anime.
ssjokgOct 8, 2012 4:15 PM
Oct 8, 2012 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
ssjokg said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

Tyrel said:

The problem is that even after 2 years after SAO she barely calls him by his real name

The one arc Klein gets the same screen time as Kirito is VERY FAR AWAY.But in that arc he is the best.

Asuna locked herself up because of how she was raised in the real world(being an oujo-sama).Her first concern was that she didnt finish her homework instead of the danger that she would face from there on.And she thought that help will come from outside.Then she decided that it doesnt matter if she dies,she has to do something instead of waiting.
Really why did they change their meeting in the 2nd ep?How and why she leveled up so fast is understandable in the LN.

I think her background matters but the anime still does the important part of depicting that she didn't want to wait.
Oct 8, 2012 4:19 PM

Sep 2012
its not that she didn't care about dying, its more that she was desperate to clear the game because she felt that every day spent in the virtual is one day wasted in the real world, especially when she was receiving high grades in the real world, what is she gonna do if she falls behind?

so instead of hiding in fear of death she went out and put everything she had into levelling up and clearing the game, her methods of levelling up became as drastic as kirito's where she was soloing in the front lines and didn't sleep. She didn't care if it was dangerous, she'd rather have gone out and tried than stay in the first floor in fear.

It was only until she properly met kirito that she calmed down, he taught her that the time you've spent here isn't wasted time and that she should just "enjoy aincrads best season".
Oct 8, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:
its not that she didn't care about dying, its more that she was desperate to clear the game because she felt that every day spent in the virtual is one day wasted in the real world, especially when she was receiving high grades in the real world, what is she gonna do if she falls behind?

so instead of hiding in fear of death she went out and put everything she had into levelling up and clearing the game, her methods of levelling up became as drastic as kirito's where she was soloing in the front lines and didn't sleep. She didn't care if it was dangerous, she'd rather have gone out and tried than stay in the first floor in fear.

It was only until she properly met kirito that she calmed down, he taught her that the time you've spent here isn't wasted time and that she should just "enjoy aincrads best season".

Kirito wasnt so reckless,he knew when to stop.Asuna just didnt care.It was either she would help clear the game or die trying.She even says to him -after being saved-that it was unnecessary.

ssjokgOct 8, 2012 4:39 PM
Oct 8, 2012 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

OK, thanks. Well, the LN might be better I guess.
Oct 8, 2012 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

Kirito wasnt so reckless,he knew when to stop.Asuna just didnt care.It was either she would help clear the game or die trying.She even says to him -after being saved-that it was unnecessary.

i meant kirito's method of levelling up when his beloved sachi died, his method became dangerous and reckless because he was desperate to save her. It was only until he received sachi's last message and last request that he stopped, and just in time too otherwise he would of gone after the 50th floor boss on his own and would of been annihilated by it.

so in a way, it was sachi who brought kirito out of despair and then kirito unknowingly did the same for asuna
Oct 8, 2012 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
Zekken said:

To me it's the same thing. The fact that she cared more about making it alive meant that dying wasn't her top priority. Anyways, yeah. i agree. Plus I'm wrong about certain stuff since it's been a while since I've read the LN.
Oct 8, 2012 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:
ssjokg said:
Zekken said:

i meant kirito's method of levelling up when his beloved sachi died, his method became dangerous and reckless because he was desperate to save her. It was only until he received sachi's last message and last request that he stopped, and just in time too otherwise he would of gone after the 50th floor boss on his own and would of been annihilated by it.

so in a way, it was sachi who brought kirito out of despair and then kirito unknowingly did the same for asuna

the point of the discussion was why and how Asuna with no experience in games at all lvled up so quickly to the point to being so close to Kirito's lvl.

Yes Kirito became VERY reckless after Sacchi's death but it has nothing to do with how he lvled up in the beginning.
Oct 8, 2012 4:36 PM

Sep 2012
kayos90 said:

To me it's the same thing. The fact that she cared more about making it alive meant that dying wasn't her top priority. Anyways, yeah. i agree. Plus I'm wrong about certain stuff since it's been a while since I've read the LN.

i haven't read the LN in a while, but i read the web version and i was once an anon editor at the early stages of bakatsuki, so i had practically reread volumes several times to search for mistakes, so im pretty confident about my knowledge and understanding of SAO

However i can't compare to those beaters (translators) who know every volume inside out....
Oct 8, 2012 4:40 PM

Aug 2009
posting here instead of editing...
From Aria:
Oct 8, 2012 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

the point of the discussion was why and how Asuna with no experience in games at all lvled up so quickly to the point to being so close to Kirito's lvl.

Yes Kirito became VERY reckless after Sacchi's death but it has nothing to do with how he lvled up in the beginning.

i know that, and like i said thats the reason why she levelled up very quickly, she was most likely on par with kirito's level until heathcliff found her by herself and she joined the guild, which is where kirito who was still solo most likely took the lead

and i never said anything about his method in the beginning, i was merely pointing out that it was similar

EDIT: wait, we're talking about two different things, im talking in terms of the LN where Aria isn't confirmed to be canon because of too many contradictions and it was at the murder in the area arc where she properly met kirito and he taught her how to truly live in the game where your talking in terms of the anime where kirito brought her out of it on episode 2
ZekkenOct 8, 2012 4:47 PM
Oct 8, 2012 8:46 PM

Oct 2010
kayos90 said:
Actually to me it looked like character stuff for episode 15 only.

Oct 9, 2012 9:29 PM
Apr 2012
dat red ribbon... ... ...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 15, 2012

904 by Saidai_otaku »»
Aug 12, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

950 by mizync »»
Jul 29, 9:15 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

75 by IoriSei »»
Jul 27, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

534 by tri_david »»
Jul 23, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

1303 by tanf36016 »»
Jul 17, 5:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.