Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2012 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
I dropped Bleach 20 episodes in because I thought the show wasn't all that great. I hear that it gets better at this point (before inevitably going into fillers) and I'm willing to keep going. I just want to know, is it worth it? Or should I just throw it aside like Naruto?
SeibaaHomuAug 1, 2012 11:09 PM
Aug 1, 2012 10:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
The first episodes of Bleach, if I'm not mistaken up to 63, were in my opinion the best episodes. I would at least try to get to that point. And if you still don't like it, just drop it.
Aug 1, 2012 10:46 PM
May 2010
Its worth continuing if you do not have anything else you want to watch. Though.. There are a lot of better things to watch.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 10:49 PM

Jul 2012
From what I've heard, the first 63 episodes are the best in the show, you'll have to get full opinions from other people who've seen it though. In case you do decide to watch it and want to skip the fillers, here's a list of all the filler and canon arcs in Bleach, courtesy of this kind reviewer.

Soul Society arc: Episodes 1-63 (canon)
Bounts arc: Episodes 64-109 (filler)
Arrancars/Hueco Mundo arc: 110-127; 138-167 (canon)
New Captain Shousuke Amagai arc: 168-189 (filler)
Arrancars/Hueco Mundo arc (cont.): 190-203 (canon)
Turn Back the Pendulum mini-arc: 206-212 (canon)
Fake Karakura Town arc: 215-226 (canon)
Zampakutou arc: 230-265 (filler, but partially written by Tite Kubo)
Fake Karakura Town arc (cont.): 266-310 (canon)
Gotei 13 Ivasion Army arc: 317-342 (filler)
Fullbring arc: 343-366 (canon)
Aug 1, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
Its worth continuing if you do not have anything else you want to watch. Though.. There are a lot of better things to watch.

To bad the op will need to find one of those better things and in the process also find more shows to drop.

Aug 1, 2012 10:55 PM
May 2010
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

To bad the op will need to find one of those better things and in the process also find more shows to drop.

I dont see anything you just said as a bad thing, lol.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 10:57 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

What I said wasn't bad, it's the truth about thinking there's something better out there. While there is always something better there is always something worse too.

Aug 1, 2012 11:01 PM
May 2010
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

What I said wasn't bad, it's the truth about thinking there's something better out there. While there is always something better there is always something worse too.

True enough. When I said 'if you do not HAVE anything better to watch' I more meant its worth watching unless he already has other things he wants to watch more and is putting them off for bleach.

As to the second part.. even after 500 shows I still find more shows I like than dislike /shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 11:04 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:

True enough. When I said 'if you do not HAVE anything better to watch' I more meant its worth watching unless he already has other things he wants to watch more and is putting them off for bleach.

As to the second part.. even after 500 shows I still find more shows I like than dislike /shrug.

So? My point is there will always be shows you like and shows you dislike, not the ratio you happen to have.

Aug 1, 2012 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

There are plenty of better shows I could (And probably will) watch before it but the reason I'm asking is because I feel it's unreasonable of me to watch a show and dismiss it before I've seen the best part. Even if the show is something of this quality
Aug 1, 2012 11:08 PM
May 2010
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

So? My point is there will always be shows you like and shows you dislike, not the ratio you happen to have.

Yes... I just dont understand your point. (as in, the point of saying this at all)

Your right, but the fact you are right is totally and utterly irrelevant.

What your saying does not matter in this context or in this thread. At all. Not one tiny bit. Thats why I was confused.

@Theop, at the very least its probably watchable. Its not amazing, thought the first 60 were definitely good enough to be worth watching. The rest(I skipped most of the fillers) was just watchable. Sometimes it has really good fight scenes. Thats about it /shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 11:10 PM

Sep 2010
SquadmemberRitsu said:

There are plenty of better shows I could (And probably will) watch before it but the reason I'm asking is because I feel it's unreasonable of me to quit before the best part.

And you'd probably go "X show isn't as great as I hoped so I'm dropping it" all over again when you try some of those better shows.

I don't even know what you don't like about the 20 episodes you saw but since it's been all canon so far Bleach simply isn't your cup of tea. This might be the best arc ever but that doesn't mean you'll like it.

Aug 1, 2012 11:12 PM
May 2010
Anime_Name is the point your trying to make here that dropping shows is bad or something? Sure what you are saying could happen. Maybe its even likely.. but that is not a reason to not do it is it?
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 11:16 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:

Yes... I just dont understand your point. (as in, the point of saying this at all)

Your right, but the fact you are right is totally and utterly irrelevant.

What your saying does not matter in this context or in this thread. At all. Not one tiny bit. Thats why I was confused.

@Theop, at the very least its probably watchable. Its not amazing, thought the first 60 were definitely good enough to be worth watching. The rest(I skipped most of the fillers) was just watchable. Sometimes it has really good fight scenes. Thats about it /shrug.

That's funny, so how fucking relevant is saying there's better shows out there to the question of whether or not Bleach is enjoyable or gets better from episode 20? Oh right, it's pointless too.

The thing is I was trying to point out how ridiculous vague "there are better shows" is as a statement. There are better shows but just like Bleach those shows require the op to find them entertaining or else we'll be right back to the situation where the op is dropping a show that isn't that great to him.

Aug 1, 2012 11:21 PM
May 2010
To quote the topic title, 'Should I continue Bleach?'

The presence of those shows is relevant to that. In fact, its relevance is so blatantly obvious that you must have seen it yourself. No idea why you asked..

Its vague, and? I said it to make it clear I did not think bleach was something he should avoid other shows to watch. Simple? Especially if he is a person with rather limited time.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
To quote the topic title, 'Should I continue Bleach?'

The presence of those shows is relevant to that. In fact, its relevance is so blatantly obvious that you must have seen it yourself. No idea why you asked..

Its vague, and? I said it to make it clear I did not think bleach was something he should avoid other shows to watch. Simple? Especially if he is a person with rather limited time.

Which is followed by the line of thought "does it get better" not "is there something else better to watch". The latter is always going to be true and isn't even worth mentioning especially when you have to consider that better is subjective.

Aug 1, 2012 11:27 PM
May 2010
Again, I did not mention it as a separate thought, to tell him to watch one of those things. I said it to make it clear I did not think bleach was amazing enough to warrant going out of his way to watch.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 11:29 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
Again, I did not mention it as a separate thought, to tell him to watch one of those things. I said it to make it clear I did not think bleach was amazing enough to warrant going out of his way to watch.

You seem to fail to understand the implications of the things that you say.

Aug 1, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
I actually watched Bleach to the end of the Soul Society (around episode 62) a few months ago. It was an "okay" ride, with some pretty good action scenes and some decent back story episodes, but the plot felt very thrown together just to string along action scenes...which, at one point seemed to constitute nearly every single episode.

Can't really say much after that as I really have felt no incentive to watch after that arc. Personally? I'd recommend Naruto or especially One Piece over this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 1, 2012 11:32 PM
May 2010
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:

You seem to fail to understand the implications of the things that you say.

No, not really. No more than any other person, anyway.
Worships Asparagus.
Aug 1, 2012 11:32 PM

Mar 2009
Drop it. Too many dumb fillers and recaps.
Aug 1, 2012 11:33 PM

Sep 2010
insan3soldiern said:
which, at one point seemed to constitute nearly every single episode.

I hate having to state the painfully obvious but it is' a battle shounen. There will be large amounts of time focusing on battling. Faulting a battle shounen for showing a lot of fighting is akin to faulting water for being wet.

Drop it. Too many dumb fillers and recaps.

Or one could simply not watch the fillers or recaps. No sense in throwing the baby out with the bath water.I know there are plenty of posts concerning what episodes are filler and can be skipped. lol sense on MAL, I know I am asking for a lot.

Aug 1, 2012 11:40 PM

Jun 2009
Anime_Name said:
insan3soldiern said:
which, at one point seemed to constitute nearly every single episode.

I hate having to state the painfully obvious but it is' a battle shounen. There will be large amounts of time focusing on battling. Faulting a battle shounen for showing a lot of fighting is akin to faulting water for being wet.

And? I'm assuming you've seen One Piece and know that that particular show has extended periods of no battles what so ever and when there is a string of fighting the viewer has already been put through extensive world and character building so we actually care? And, leaving that aside, the actual battles, aside from a few, in Bleach just weren't that interesting and were very repetitive in that single arc?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 1, 2012 11:44 PM
Jul 2011
If you want a legitimately good fighting shonen, there are so many other options than Bleach. Especially when it becomes nonsensical after a certain point.
Aug 2, 2012 12:19 AM

May 2011
I'd recommend to keep watching it until the end of SS arc.

If you don't like it by then, too bad, not your thing, move on.

As for me, I'll enjoy re-watching it ^^ (which I've already started)
Aug 2, 2012 12:21 AM

Mar 2012
Look people, some of your arguments have absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked. Could we please get back on topic?
Aug 2, 2012 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
Anime_Name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

There are plenty of better shows I could (And probably will) watch before it but the reason I'm asking is because I feel it's unreasonable of me to quit before the best part.

And you'd probably go "X show isn't as great as I hoped so I'm dropping it" all over again when you try some of those better shows.

I don't even know what you don't like about the 20 episodes you saw but since it's been all canon so far Bleach simply isn't your cup of tea. This might be the best arc ever but that doesn't mean you'll like it.

I'm a completist so I barely ever drop a show. Most of the time I do it only when I find the show unbearable. I don't find Bleach unbearable but I had quite a few problems with it. I'm asking because I'm not 100% I made the right decision. I like the style of show (I'm a huge DBZ fan) it's just that I thought the first 20 episodes were a bit bland and unoriginal. I really just want to know whether it brings anything new to the table or just continues down the cliché path
Aug 2, 2012 12:31 AM

Nov 2010
I think the first 20 something episodes were kind of boring, near 20 it starts to get good and the next arc when they go to soul society which ends at about episode 63 is great, after that it has actually a big amount of fillers, over 150 episodes out of 366 are fillers. I don't really like skipping episodes when watching an anime the first time though, but like they said before there is a thread on how to skip all of the fillers if you so want to. I say watch until the end of soul society arc which is at like 63, and if you like it, then watch a little bit more at a time because some of the fillers are boring as hell, but the canon arcs are good.
Aug 2, 2012 8:19 AM

May 2008
Just watch the whole thing. Then start reading when it ends. I actually enjoyed all of the fillers, but if it's not your thing, skip them. In total of the 366 episodes, 201 episodes are canon.
Aug 3, 2012 5:29 PM
Jul 2012
Yes skip filters though.
Aug 3, 2012 5:35 PM

Mar 2010
If you truly are curious about bleach watch it. If you don't want to watch bleach because some parts are just bad then i guess you can just move on to other anime. Once your 100+ episode you might as well just keep watching, but since you've not seen much then you can easily drop it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 3, 2012 6:07 PM
Oct 2011
A couple of people already said it, the first 20 episodes are only the introduction arc, watch until episode 63 (aka Soul Society arc), if you felt like continuing, enjoyed the fights and liked the characters then continue and skip the fillers, you didn't then stop and don't continue. Also, if you're interested in what's ahead then watch episodes 110-116, the beginning of the Arrancar arc.

Bleach is more fighting and action than plot, after SS arc ends lots plot-points are thrown during the rest of the anime, they're really interesting but till the end of the anime almost nothing is answered, but more mysteries are thrown, everything will be answered in the current arc (known as the last arc) in the manga though. So as I said above give it a try until the end of SS arc, if you're interested in what's coming next then try watching at least episodes 110-111.

The art-work btw gets better as the anime goes by. And speaking of fillers, the only filler that might be worth watching is the Zanpakuto Rebellion arc, it's written by the mangaka himself. The character designs were also made by him.
Candor123Aug 3, 2012 6:11 PM
Aug 3, 2012 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
you should keep watching it for the unsuspected irony of the characters story throughout the series..... Just skip the fillers and keep to the main seasons... it wouldnt be that bad if it didnt have so many fillers.
Aug 3, 2012 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
Ok, I'll keep watching. I watched episode 21 and it seems like all my problems with the first 20 episodes are almost completely eradicated. I'll watch it without the filllers. Besides, it won't take all that long to finish if there are no fillers. I bet I could get through it in a few months if I watch a few episodes a day.
Aug 3, 2012 10:59 PM

Feb 2011
Keep on going, the show is amazing. I skipped most the fillers, but the main arcs are amazing. Go on untill episode 64 and then decide. I think episode 23-26 is where I liked it the most

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 11, 2008

55 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnGeLZzZ - Mar 7, 2008

67 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnGeLZzZ - Mar 5, 2008

69 by NillyPC »»
Jun 12, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 10, 2008

64 by NillyPC »»
Jun 12, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lsumi - Aug 10, 2008

66 by NillyPC »»
Jun 12, 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.