Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2009 6:58 PM

Jul 2007
Which of the many Star Trek films is your favorite? Tell us why!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 14, 2009 7:46 AM

Jul 2007
I'm not gonna vote here yet, I wanna re-watch the movies to refresh my memory first, but my top three are as follows:
(not in order) Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, Star Trek (2009).

May 16, 2009 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
I've not actually seen many of the series, but I have to go with Star Trek '09.
At first I thought "Man... this'll be as bad as the Dragonball Movie" but I was terribly mistaken. The actors did great, and the writers managed to prevent turning it into a terrible "all-action" shell of a movie like so many other new-age remakes.
I was quite pleased with the cast, too. Simon Pegg did a great job as Scotty, especially with the fake accent. :P
Supreme Seireitei - Captain of the 10th Court Guard Squad

If you like Pigtailed guys, join this club! NAO!
May 19, 2009 5:17 PM

Nov 2007
The Wrath of Khan, mostly because it gives me the excuse to yell KHANNN when I watch it. The new movie is also a fav of mine, it was really well done, and it was lol.
sad
May 19, 2009 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
StephanBlackhawk said:
The Wrath of Khan, mostly because it gives me the excuse to yell KHANNN when I watch it. The new movie is also a fav of mine, it was really well done, and it was lol.

definitely a great one. i was watching spaceseed the other night and thinking about that, khan is quite the charmer.

the other day i re-watched a lot of the TOS movies, and i must say, my fav. is still TNG's first contact. the tng movies didn't fair all that well, but this one was actually very good, didn't feel like an extended episode, and had some great dialogue and cuts. tng at its best.
olmecalmightyMay 20, 2009 1:49 AM
May 20, 2009 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
olmecalmighty said:
StephanBlackhawk said:

definitely a great one. i was watching spaceseed the other night and thinking about that, khan is quite the charmer.

the other day i re-watched a lot of the TOS movies, and i must say, my fav. is still TNG's first contact. the tng movies didn't fair all that well, but this one was actually very good, didn't feel like an extended episode, and had some great dialogue and cuts. tng at its best.

First Contact was a pretty good movie, actually. And, again, it was my first ever Star Trek Movie. XD I saw it on Channel 4 YEARS ago... ahh, the good old days.
Still isn't my favourite, but definitely high up there.
Supreme Seireitei - Captain of the 10th Court Guard Squad

If you like Pigtailed guys, join this club! NAO!
May 21, 2009 5:31 AM

Oct 2008
TNG is really a television series, didn't translate well to the big screen. their two part episodes were often of around the same caliber story-wise of something like insurrection. (but with a far lesser budget) first contact had real movie story quality, and nemesis was a movie, but the story left a lot to be desired. i have a soft spot for the voyage home, also. the only movie i truly didn't like was the search for spock, i couldn't watch that more than once. the rest had their strengths and their weaknesses alike.
Aug 5, 2009 10:37 AM

Dec 2007
Mou, we need more voters!

It's hard for me to pick a favorite. I'm enough of a Trek goober that I like nearly anything they slap a Star Trek label on, except for a choice few individual episodes, here and there. Oh, and the Motion Picture. To date, I've tried to watch the Motion Picture three times in my life, and even when I was trying hard, I was never able to stay awake all the way through it. Not once. I try to pretend it didn't happen and just start with The Wrath of Khan ^^;;

I had to go with the Voyage Home, though First Contact runs a close second. Then most of the rest of them would be tied, except for The Motion Picture, and Nemesis. (All it needed was a light saber, and it would have made a better Star Wars movie. Feh.)

The Voyage Home probably doesn't really stand out as a quintesscential example of an excellent Star Trek movie, but I have a lot of fond memories of it, and I think it has the best score of any of them, by far (particularly "Home Again", the ending credits theme).
Aug 5, 2009 3:59 PM

Jul 2007
I really should have made two polls, one for TNG and one for TOS.
Oh well. I think I'm finally gonna have to vote.
I'm gonna go with The Wrath of Khan. In reality I probably would watch many of the others more often, but I just wouldn't be able to vote for any of the other movies. Khan really is epic.
As epic as the motion picture is fail(And that means some serious epicness).

Oh yeah, and my favorite TNG movies are First Contact(really the only "good" one actually)and I also have a certain affection for Generations. I know, the movie stinks, but I think of it as non-canon, and therefore enjoy it in all its sillyness.

Aug 6, 2009 6:23 AM

Oct 2008
Agreed, First Contact is perhaps the only worthwhile TNG movie, but why not consider Generations canon?
Aug 6, 2009 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
Cause I just thought thew plot was silly and the whole thing with Kirk just doesn't work for me.

Aug 6, 2009 2:12 PM

Oct 2008
doesn't mean it wasn't though. although it wasn't the greatest movie, which is why i recommend this. http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/star-trek-generations
the people who used to do MST3K have a commentary track that you can get and watch along with it like MST3K.
Aug 6, 2009 4:45 PM

Jul 2007
Oh sweet. I love riffTrax. I didn't know they had done this film. ^_^

Aug 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Mar 2009
First Contact is my favourite =D
Aug 6, 2009 10:47 PM

Oct 2008
Feena-c said:
Oh sweet. I love riffTrax. I didn't know they had done this film. ^_^
yeah, they also did the final frontier and the undiscovered country.
Aug 7, 2009 9:14 AM

Jul 2007
Looks like I'll be buying some RiffTrax then. :)

Jan 9, 2011 8:52 PM

Jun 2010
Star Trek VI. No particular reason. I just like the story more than any other movie.
Oct 31, 2011 1:29 AM

May 2011
Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home is my favorite movie and the newest Star Trek 2009 is a close second.

Voyage Home has a lot of humor (especially when the crew goes back into time)

Star Trek 2009 had a lot of errors; however, I really enjoyed the movie plus, it was a reboot. I can't wait until the next movie comes out!
Nov 2, 2011 7:18 AM

Dec 2010
Wrath of Kahn for me. Enjoy it everytime I watch it. Used to be First Contact, but I just got a bit tired of it. Trek 09 is a great action film, but all the little things that don't make any sense just drive the trekkie part of my brain completely insane. Still looking forward to Star Trek 2 (2013) though.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite Ships

RandomChampion - Jun 9, 2013

0 by RandomChampion »»
Jun 9, 2013 2:04 PM

Poll: » What's your favorite series?

Emptyk - May 13, 2009

34 by CtrlAltGiveup »»
Dec 18, 2012 3:14 AM

Poll: » TOS VS TNG (Captains)

Emptyk - May 13, 2009

8 by removed-user »»
Dec 17, 2012 12:01 AM

» Your Favorite Quotes Repository

olmecalmighty - Aug 15, 2009

0 by olmecalmighty »»
Aug 15, 2009 11:36 AM

» Star Trek 2009 Unnamed Sequel

Emptyk - May 14, 2009

18 by Emptyk »»
Aug 4, 2009 8:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.