Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2013 10:14 AM
Jan 2013
Hey,
This will be made sooner or later so I thought might as well, and I have a question!
It says it is "Episode 13..." does this mean a standalone or a little touch up on the whole series or the last arc?
Sep 27, 2013 6:45 PM

Feb 2013
Aw dude this isn't so easy to answer.
There are lot's of OVA's and Specials that doesn't continue the main Story after airing and still titled as Episode 13, 14, 15 and so.
I think, because it's just 1 Episode it will be a standalone, it could be a Fanservice or other Setting Episode, though.
Perhaps someone find some News about it.
However the Anime was great.
Sep 27, 2013 6:52 PM

Nov 2011
I didn't even hear a news about this anywhere. Does anyone have a link or something regarding an announcement of the OVA?
Sep 27, 2013 6:54 PM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
I didn't even hear a news about this anywhere. Does anyone have a link or something regarding an announcement of the OVA?

It's directly registered as Sequel on the Main Site of the Series on MAL.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/20423/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi_Special
Sep 27, 2013 9:59 PM
Jan 2013
Hmm good point Xexal. It's probably a stand alone single/sequel.
Sep 27, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
Xexal said:
Stark700 said:

But where is news source link to this?
Sep 27, 2013 10:38 PM
Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
Xexal said:
Stark700 said:

There isn't a source link but you can trust that it is coming out.
Sep 28, 2013 1:01 AM

Feb 2013
Stark700 said:

The Episode comes out with the fifth Volume of the BD.
Basically you can trust the Entries on MAL.
The Guys entering them know what they do and it's usually so that OVA's and Specials are included in the BD.

But if you don't trust MAL, then you should trust the official Site of Kamisama no inai Nichiyoubi.
There is listed that the fifth Volume of the BD contains Episode 12-13 http://kami-nai.com/release/bd.html
XexalSep 28, 2013 1:07 AM
Sep 28, 2013 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
Xexal said:
Stark700 said:

The Episode comes out with the fifth Volume of the BD.
Basically you can trust the Entries on MAL.
The Guys entering them know what they do and it's usually so that OVA's and Specials are included in the BD.

But if you don't trust MAL, then you should trust the official Site of Kamisama no inai Nichiyoubi.
There is listed that the fifth Volume of the BD contains Episode 12-13 http://kami-nai.com/release/bd.html

Thanks for the link. This is what I was looking for the most. It's not that I don't trust MAL's entries but sometimes, I'd like to know from another new source about entries like this.
Sep 28, 2013 1:18 AM

Oct 2012
I desperately need this OVA to explain to me what exactly happened.. I think I kinda get why Alice had a tangible body outside and why Dee was a ghost but I still don't get how at the end Ai "saved" Alice.
Sep 28, 2013 1:35 AM

Feb 2013
cwryoo21 said:
I desperately need this OVA to explain to me what exactly happened.. I think I kinda get why Alice had a tangible body outside and why Dee was a ghost but I still don't get how at the end Ai "saved" Alice.

Alis had probably a solid body because he is dead.
All other Classmates are affected by the Wish they made 14 years ago.
As Alis found an exit to the real World the influence of the Wish didn't effect him, different from Dee who had a living Body that was traped in the World but a free Mind/Soul who managed to get outside.
My Theory so far, still how Ai saved him can't be explained, maybe she used her Gravekeeper Powers.
There is always room for your own Imagination and little things like this are used to be mysterious.
Thats a Author thing, i like such things.
XexalSep 28, 2013 1:40 AM
Sep 28, 2013 2:47 AM
Jan 2013
Xexal said:
cwryoo21 said:

Alis had probably a solid body because he is dead.
All other Classmates are affected by the Wish they made 14 years ago.
As Alis found an exit to the real World the influence of the Wish didn't effect him, different from Dee who had a living Body that was traped in the World but a free Mind/Soul who managed to get outside.
My Theory so far, still how Ai saved him can't be explained, maybe she used her Gravekeeper Powers.
There is always room for your own Imagination and little things like this are used to be mysterious.

I think that Ai wished for Alis to have a body/be alive.
Go to the Episode 12 board and you can find all of your answers.
Sep 28, 2013 10:19 AM
Jul 2011
Xexal said:

I'm disagreeing here; a situation where something is completely impossible and yet a solution is brought about without explanation is a deus ex machina.

That being said, the powers of wishes have already been firmly established as a powerful plot device in this world, so it may not be the case in this specific instance...but generally speaking, if something was brought about in a deus ex machina-type manner, it's not so much "an author thing" so much as "a bullshit thing".
Sep 28, 2013 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
hakemo said:

I'm disagreeing here; a situation where something is completely impossible and yet a solution is brought about without explanation is a deus ex machina.

That being said, the powers of wishes have already been firmly established as a powerful plot device in this world, so it may not be the case in this specific instance...but generally speaking, if something was brought about in a deus ex machina-type manner, it's not so much "an author thing" so much as "a bullshit thing".

Ahh indeed, my bad.
A Situation or action that can't be logical explained in a Fantasy, mystery, supernatural Anime must be doubtless impossible.
The magical Eyes from Ulla that immediately kills People, Ai's Gravekeeper Power to bury dead People and grant there Souls a peaceful End, that Dee had a Ghost Body and why did God did all this to the World... fuck i just can't find a Conclusion for this, it must be bullshit.
Fantasy is a dirty, dirty Genre where a Deus Ex like Situation can occur.

There ist not allways a need for a logical explanation, relentless to search for one, that, that is a bullshit thing.
Oct 1, 2013 11:26 PM

Dec 2010
From what I understand from people who have read the novel, Ai wished for Alis to come back to life, and her wish was granted. Simple as that just like how Hampnie wanted to die, Alis wanted basketball skills, the class wanted to forget Alis' death. Wishes can be granted in the world of Kaminai, and that's how Alis survived.
Oct 13, 2013 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
Be nice for them to hint at a possible season two in the 13th.
Oct 28, 2013 2:30 AM

Mar 2010
Just going to jump into the talk about what happened at the end. Everyone keeps saying Ai wished for Alis to be alive so it happened. While I can accept this in a world where God gives out wishes like candy, I disagree that this is what happened here. He had a body outside of 3-4 already we saw it. There fore all she had to do was pull him out before the other world was completely destroyed. There are many theories that could support this,but rather then state all of them its better to just go with what you feel happened. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in =).

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Oct 28, 2013 4:55 AM
Jan 2013
spudnick2010 said:
Just going to jump into the talk about what happened at the end. Everyone keeps saying Ai wished for Alis to be alive so it happened. While I can accept this in a world where God gives out wishes like candy, I disagree that this is what happened here. He had a body outside of 3-4 already we saw it. There fore all she had to do was pull him out before the other world was completely destroyed. There are many theories that could support this,but rather then state all of them its better to just go with what you feel happened. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in =).

Wrong discussion board buddy! Share them in the Episode 12 discussion board.
Jan 5, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
I can't wait for this Sunday Without God was my favourite anime of 2013.
Jan 10, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
According the official site, the fifth BD (and thus the 13th episode) is getting delayed until February 5 (source: http://kami-nai.com/news/#140110). I know it's only a two week delay, but I feel stupidly disappointed about it.

On the other hand, it also gives the title for the episode, 記憶 ("Memories").
Jan 10, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
rubylily said:
According the official site, the fifth BD (and thus the 13th episode) is getting delayed until February 5 (source: http://kami-nai.com/news/#140110). I know it's only a two week delay, but I feel stupidly disappointed about it.

On the other hand, it also gives the title for the episode, 記憶 ("Memories").

hope someone will translate the ova....

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 20, 2014 3:01 AM

Jan 2013
The title is Memories?
God please don't let it be a fucking recap. -_-
Feb 6, 2014 3:59 PM
Aug 2011
Its been released but where can i watch it?
Feb 10, 2014 5:45 AM

Mar 2012
For those thinking this special will answer your questions about certain things or think it is a direct sequel should quit thinking so. All it is basically three small episodes pulled into one episode that is basically a filler with never before scenes from the series itself. It is nowhere near being a sequel since Dee is still wandering around as a ghost, but it was a good filler episode an no there is no hint of a second season from it.
YuinaTsukinoFeb 10, 2014 5:58 AM
Mar 2, 2014 10:03 PM
Aug 2013
guys, i just finished ep 12 and i didnt understand what happened at the end. Did Ai save Alice? the last scene confused me
323kikiMar 3, 2014 6:09 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Special Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 4, 2014

65 by Dull_Lull »»
Jun 22, 2019 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.