Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2008
Lol, when was the last time you saw a female character helping another female character get the MC?

Nibrotani is awesome just because of this.

And Now we can ALL ship Nibrotani X Dekomori!

FUCK YEAH!

Jun 23, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
The principality of Nibrotani.
Jun 23, 2013 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
Pfff, Best "Wingman" = "Char Aznable" please

Sieg Zeon
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 23, 2013 8:52 PM

Jun 2012
Houndthree said:
Pfff, Best "Wingman" = "Char Aznable" please

Sieg Zeon

Quattro Bajeena.

SIEG ZEON!

We all know the best wingman is M'Quve.
Jun 23, 2013 9:52 PM

Sep 2012
I just went and watched the episode just because of that screen shot.
Jun 23, 2013 11:20 PM

Aug 2011
New OTP
Jun 24, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2009
dekomori is so lonely the creators should give her a boyfriend in season 2
Jun 24, 2013 7:17 AM

Feb 2012
Well, New OTP i guess but i think Nibutani is better on with Yutta making herself a rival of the main heroine of the show. Season 2 will be splendid if ever that happens. I hope so :)
Jun 24, 2013 9:44 AM
Mar 2012
Nibrotani rules, even if I like Bronohara better.
Jun 24, 2013 11:37 PM

Jan 2010
pizza_012 said:
Well, New OTP i guess but i think Nibutani is better on with Yutta making herself a rival of the main heroine of the show. Season 2 will be splendid if ever that happens. I hope so :)

No, just no. Love triangles are usually the bane of any series' existence. This show successfully avoided one, and it's probably appreciated by many. So let's keep it that way.

LCSeixas said:
Nibrotani rules, even if I like Bronohara better.

Bronohara?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 5:10 AM

Feb 2012
diyedas said:
No, just no. Love triangles are usually the bane of any series' existence. This show successfully avoided one, and it's probably appreciated by many. So let's keep it that way.

Could you explain to me why it never works or at least almost fails every single time a manga or an anime adaptation tries to pull off a Love Triangle concept in its very plot?

And Why is it a bane of "ANY" series' existence? You mean all of them sucked when they tried to pull it off and others will suck too if they indeed made a concept about this in the near future?

Well, NOT ALL OF THEM ARE FAILURES. There are EXCEPTIONS you know.
Jun 25, 2013 7:44 PM

Jan 2010
pizza_012 said:
diyedas said:

Could you explain to me why it never works or at least almost fails every single time a manga or an anime adaptation tries to pull off a Love Triangle concept in its very plot?

And Why is it a bane of "ANY" series' existence? You mean all of them sucked when they tried to pull it off and others will suck too if they indeed made a concept about this in the near future?

Okay, maybe I worded that wrong. I meant that MOST love triangles don't work in a series. Personally I think love triangles can be a lot of fun when done right. The problem is that they rarely, rarely are. Seriously I can only name a handful. I don't know why, but a lot of writers seem to be really bad at writing love triangles. And I can explain the problem. Also I wasn't just talking about anime and manga, but fiction in general.

1. Unnecessary drama. I like romance drama, I do. But honestly I feel when love triangles are involved, the drama drags on the inevitable even more than it needs to. It's especially prominent when it's so dang obvious who's going to win the triangle. We already know who's getting together, so what's the point in adding another character? That person's just going to suffer anyways, which gives us even more drama.

2. One character often gets sidelined in favor of another character. That sometimes means said character gets underdeveloped. A lot of the times the character could also get derailed or flanderized. Heck they could get so developed that you care more about them then the one who actually wins. This happens a lot when the character is a fan favorite.

3. Divided fandom. A love triangle often ends up with fans taking sides. It's natural to of course, but it doesn't end well. Fans taking sides results in difference of opinion. Difference of opinions results in fights. And fights result in ship wars. And ship wars are stupid, pointless, and frankly annoying to people who don't want want to take part in any of that crap. It sucks when you want to enjoy the fandom, but can't when the fandom is fighting.

In the end though the main reason I think this show benefited without a love triangle because of how they handled Nibutani. Nibutani for the longest time was pretty much hated by most fans. Although incredibly annoying to hear people complain about her constantly, it was pretty justified. After all she was portrayed as the typical cliche bitch. But as soon as she started noticing and helping Yuuta/Rikka, she was put in positive light. She suddenly had more development, people liked her, and she became vitally important to the story. Seriously without her, Rikka and Yuuta would've taken so taken much longer to progress. She was the whole reason Rikka confronted her feelings instead of hiding behind her chuunibyou. Thus Nibrotani was born.

If this had been a triangle between Nibutani/Yuuta/Rikka, Nibutani wouldn't have been put in a positive light, Yuuta and Rikka wouldn't have progressed, and all those problems I talked about would have come up. Also there would be more drama. This anime had enough drama as it is, didn't surely need any more.
diyedasJun 25, 2013 8:37 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 9:13 PM

Feb 2012
diyedas said:
pizza_012 said:
diyedas said:

Okay, maybe I worded that wrong. I meant that MOST love triangles don't work in a series. Personally I think love triangles can be a lot of fun when done right. The problem is that they rarely, rarely are. Seriously I can only name a handful. I don't know why, but a lot of writers seem to be really bad at writing love triangles. And I can explain the problem. Also I wasn't just talking about anime and manga, but fiction in general.

1. Unnecessary drama. I like romance drama, I do. But honestly I feel when love triangles are involved, the drama drags on the inevitable even more than it needs to. It's especially prominent when it's so dang obvious who's going to win the triangle. We already know who's getting together, so what's the point in adding another character? That person's just going to suffer anyways, which gives us even more drama.

2. One character often gets sidelined in favor of another character. That sometimes means said character gets underdeveloped. A lot of the times the character could also get derailed or flanderized. Heck they could get so developed that you care more about them then the one who actually wins. This happens a lot when the character is a fan favorite.

3. Divided fandom. A love triangle often ends up with fans taking sides. It's natural to of course, but it doesn't end well. Fans taking sides results in difference of opinion. Difference of opinions results in fights. And fights result in ship wars. And ship wars are stupid, pointless, and frankly annoying to people who don't want want to take part in any of that crap. It sucks when you want to enjoy the fandom, but can't when the fandom is fighting.

In the end though the main reason I think this show benefited without a love triangle because of how they handled Nibutani. Nibutani for the longest time was pretty much hated by most fans. Although incredibly annoying to hear people complain about her constantly, it was pretty justified. After all she was portrayed as the typical cliche bitch. But as soon as she started noticing and helping Yuuta/Rikka, she was put in positive light. She suddenly had more development, people liked her, and she became vitally important to the story. Seriously without her, Rikka and Yuuta would've taken so taken much longer to progress. She was the whole reason Rikka confronted her feelings instead of hiding behind her chuunibyou. Thus Nibrotani was born.

If this had been a triangle between Nibutani/Yuuta/Rikka, Nibutani wouldn't have been put in a positive light, Yuuta and Rikka wouldn't have progressed, and all those problems I talked about would have come up. Also there would be more drama. This anime had enough drama as it is, didn't surely need any more.

You don't have to go this far. Just a simple but brief explanation would do. I Just want a justification on why people never really wanted "Love Triangles" crap on an anime/manga which is i'm very curious about.

I just want to stress out that literally including a "Love Triangle" on a plot wouldn't actually destroy everything. If it's done on a right way, It would definitely be a hit. I also just want to say and i'm really sad that people nowadays doesn't really enjoy anime that much anymore compared to the previous last years. They tend to criticize on it more often that they easily forget their enjoyment. I know that every year that passes by, Our expectations of the future/present series to come grows higher and higher making people picky on their plan to watch list. That's just a sad part of this community and I feel that this was the reason why "Love Triangles" never works nowadays. People tend to find new concepts which is a hard part for the creator/author or whatsoever.

Well, anyways, i got your point. pretty well explained but I do really know some reasons behind as to why people hated this concept.

I know but isn't it fun whenever our feelings are being played? I dunno about other users but it works for myself. Let's just wait for the second season and see :) You'll never actually know unless you know what's to happen yourself since i am not reading any source material on this/there are still materials that were left during the last ep of the first season.
Jul 9, 2013 7:35 AM

May 2012
pizza_012 said:

Let's just wait for the second season and see :) You'll never actually know unless you know what's to happen yourself since i am not reading any source material on this/there are still materials that were left during the last ep of the first season.

I have a feeling Nibutani was part of a love triangle in the source material, but Kyo-Ani made Dekomori so that we wouldn't have to go through that. And Dekomori's been an amazing part of this series to the point that I just can't imagine the show without her. Dekomori also tends to bring out the best in Nibutani

Plus, Kyo-ani never ever ever let a yuri ship go this far. And for once, all the characters aren't stuck with being unable to be with the person they want because someone else took them. Which is most often the problem with love triangles and harems.

I really don't see a single thing working between Yuuta and Nibutani, and Rikka and Yuuta already have developed quite a strong relationship.

Though in this episode they didn't progress any further than the first season, they still did maintain what they were at.

I honestly hope (yeah not happening) that the next season puts a much stronger spotlight on Nibutani and Dekomori. Rikka and Yuuta have had plenty of development, and they're pretty much just at the point where they need a little bit more of a shove and things will work out.

As for the OP, She is doing an amazing job. I mean, it's even hinted at that Nibutani pulled off the whole plot on the final episode of season 1. Which was definitely needed for Yuuta and Rikka to get closer.
Feb 24, 2016 5:02 AM

Dec 2014
dekomori should also help her to make things more interesting

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Kirameki no... Slapstick Noel Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SleepingK - Jun 18, 2013

202 by Devonnius »»
Feb 27, 11:56 PM

» Where can I watch this?

Its_Gyro_Yo - Jan 18, 2022

5 by Roderick24_ »»
Jan 18, 2022 8:33 AM

» Preview!

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

26 by vampko »»
Jul 9, 2013 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.