Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2008 12:15 PM

Mar 2008
I agree with some of Rethice's ideas about duplicate clubs, but MAL moderators won't take care of the problem, it's up to us, the members, to do something about it, and that is to let the clubs know exactly how we feel. Rethice had a long list of clubs a while back of clubs he felt were duplicates. Some were certainly duplicates, others had a bit of originality IMO, but some should not have been made to begin with. If you feel there is a club like that, post it below and the staff will look into to whether it is a duplicate worth going against, and please list reasons you feel it should be looked into.

Current Boycotted Clubs:

Claim a Movie
Reasons: It was a original idea to begin with, but now every time a new claim club is made, they add that club to their claim options.
Example: HikariDawn made the "Make a Band" club this morning, a very original idea. About 10 minutes later a mass PM was sent out by Claim a Movie stating they had just opened the "Make Your Band" claim thread. They have also stolen every new claim idea from the Ultimate Claim club over the course of this week.

Pure Worship a Character
Reasons: The creator of the club explicitly stated in the club details that she created this club because she was too impatient to wait for the claiming in the Worship Club to open, which was set to open in less then 24 hours when she made the club.
IslayaSep 28, 2008 1:07 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 28, 2008 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
Claim a Movie wasn't even an original idea to begin with in my opinion
Sep 28, 2008 12:28 PM

Apr 2008
I thought Claim a Movie meant what it meant. CLAIM A MOVIE!! But it started to add other things.

Sep 28, 2008 12:30 PM

Nov 2007
FakerEmiya said:
I thought Claim a Movie meant what it meant. CLAIM A MOVIE!! But it started to add other things.

Lol I know exactly!

That's what we did with the buy a character club though x.X oh well at least it's the only club where you're 'buying'
Sep 28, 2008 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
Buying is an original idea, since you got to purchase a character instead of free claiming. But all the other buying stuff you added later was fine too.

*whisper*

Make everything cheaper.. XD

Sep 28, 2008 12:47 PM

Nov 2007
FakerEmiya said:
Buying is an original idea, since you got to purchase a character instead of free claiming. But all the other buying stuff you added later was fine too.

*whisper*

Make everything cheaper.. XD

How about next weekend I"ll just give out more credits
I feel sorry for the people who just joined because I'm not giving them any coupons except 1 free song
Sep 28, 2008 12:51 PM

Mar 2008
I put the Pure Worship Club to the vote of everyone. It was created for the sole reason the creator was too impatient to wait for the first Worship Club to open their claims.

All in favor of adding Pure Worship to the list?

Sep 28, 2008 12:55 PM

Dec 2007
Islaya said:
I put the Pure Worship Club to the vote of everyone. It was created for the sole reason the creator was too impatient to wait for the first Worship Club to open their claims.

All in favor of adding Pure Worship to the list?

Yeah that part was a bit wierd.. Like come on, it's 1 day, it won't kill you if you don't claim for 24 hours..
Sep 28, 2008 12:55 PM

Apr 2008
I'll second that one. I didn't even make my banner for the Pure Worship yet so I think I'm fine with it.

Sep 28, 2008 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
I third that but It's hard to give up claims lol
Sep 28, 2008 1:07 PM

Apr 2008
-Yuki- said:
I third that but It's hard to give up claims lol
Agreed. XD

Sep 28, 2008 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
o_o;
OMG!
Sep 28, 2008 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
How about the MILLIONS of just Plain Claim a Character Clubs?
Sep 30, 2008 1:59 PM

Jun 2008
I joined because I hate duplicate claim clubs with a burning passion, but you, guys, sure are hypocrites.
You say to hate duplicates, when you created duplicate claim clubs, too.
Example? This. http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6682

"What's gonna be allowed to claim
Characters Now Open!
Anime Now Open!
Pets Now Open!
Weapons Now Open!
Quotes Now Open!
Powers Now Open!
MAL Members Now Open!
Siblings! Now Open!

Video Games (maybe)
[Surprise one~^^]
Movies
Manga
Anime OP's and ED's (two seperate topics but will be open at the same time)
Couples
Mangaka
Voice Actors
Outfits
MAL Clubs
Nicknames
And others, maybe~"

All I can say is LOL. These are ALL freakin duplicates. Your "ultimate claim club" is just the 2nd "claim a movie" club. Also, created it 1 day after, you gotta be kidding.
Islaya said:
Claim a Movie
Reasons: It was a original idea to begin with, but now every time a new claim club is made, they add that club to their claim options.

And, tell me, HOW exactly is your "ultimate club" different?
And you say you want to stop the coming of duplicate claim clubs? This is sure a weird way to solve the problem.
Also, this is like making fun of the clubs' creators. How do you think the creator feels when he/she sees his/her idea being copied?
But of course, since you guys created it, it's not a duplicate, eh? Only when others create them it's a problem.
You say to can't stand copycats who steals ideas from other clubs made before, and then you do EXACTLY the same thing, hiding it under big words like "only for those who are truly dedicated to claiming". Please, at least shut up.
Ultimate Claim Club said:
And others, maybe~

No, I really think you better stop now.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Sep 30, 2008 6:27 PM

Jul 2008
Whoah. Bit harsh.

Sep 30, 2008 6:40 PM

Mar 2008
The Ultimate Claim club does have many duplicate claims, yes, I won't argue with you on that, but at least it doesn't steal very original idea like Make a Band 10 minutes after the original club was made, and it also has a devoted group of staff that actually help make the club better and make it work. And you also pointed out Claim a Movie was made the day before Ultimate Claim Club, but read the title! When they started all they were was Claim a Movie, then they started adding on more and more different claims until the club has really nothing to do with claiming a movie anymore and instead is claim every other original idea we stole from someone else.

Sep 30, 2008 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Not harsh in the slightest bit. Rena speaks her mind, and that makes her a thousand times cooler than she already is. xD
Sep 30, 2008 6:44 PM

Apr 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:

No, I really think you better stop now.

+1, you are awesome.

SFIV NHKchan

Oct 1, 2008 8:37 AM

Mar 2008
I'll open a "pwn yourself" club.

"Cynthia pwns Cynthia."

Completely original.
Oct 1, 2008 7:42 PM

Jun 2008
Really no matter what kind of alliance club that we are a part of will make any difference except to those who have hope to stop duplicate claim clubs. I agree with many of the others that "As long as there are MAL members, there will always be duplicate clubs." What we do can only make so much of a difference. But I truly believe that putting forth effort to do so is admirable.

And for the record, not that it matters on the internet unless you are familiar with trace & hack programs, Speaking Your Mind can get you killed. Not to mention there are only 19 posts at the moment which proves that you have really only wasted the time it took you to type all of those duplicates out. Not to mention, there are SO many better ways to ask the club to stop than to Shut Up. Try being a little discreet. >.>
Oct 1, 2008 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
@ Zanghetsu
You're threatening me? Just because I said what I thought? wow.
And, what is these 19 posts thing? I really don't get what you're saying.
If you don't have any problems with duplicate clubs, fine, but I (and lots of other members) have a different opinion.
Ask the club to stop? But you said "As long as there are MAL members, there will always be duplicate clubs".

Oct 1, 2008 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
No, no that was not a threat I was just merely stating that-in America at least- people that speak their minds dont last very long, AKA a metaphor >.> I wouldnt kill you but death as a result of speaking your mind can always occur.I just hope that you use caution when doing so. Im not a murderer thats for certain. As for the 19 posts, what I meant was that you certainly did a lot of typing for speaking to so few a people, in the thread at any rate, excluding those that just view the thread. And as a matter of fact I do have a problem with duplicate clubs. I think that users should at least be responsible enough to search in MAL for a club that they may want to create to check and see if it hasnt been created already. But it's apparent that because humans are humans that will not always be the case.

Referring back to "asking the club to stop" I feel that it is admirable to give it a shot and try to stop duplicate claim clubs. Perhaps at some point they will come up with a solution such as getting actual approval before opening a claim club. Also, I said that there are more discreet ways to ask the club to stop than to simply "Shut Up."
MaximumRiderOct 2, 2008 12:28 PM
Oct 1, 2008 10:30 PM

Feb 2008
Claim a movie just changed name. :/

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6673

Oct 2, 2008 12:30 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with zanghetsu
Oct 5, 2008 1:14 PM

Oct 2007
Do not join

random Anime claim club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=7004

It's a copy of Buy a Character completely
Oct 7, 2008 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=5451

Title of the club:Claim a character, weapon, animal, movie, etc

And what is that?
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6810
and
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6641

LOL.

But,by the way i agree with Rena.
Oct 7, 2008 4:25 AM

Jun 2008
Thanks, Lunaria.

And yeah, thelilmc's pseudo-claim club is the worst, after tokyo29's Re-claim everything.

Oct 21, 2008 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
-.- seriously, that tokyo chick is pissing me off with her clubs and writing with EXTRA EXCLAmATIONS!!!@~@!

D: and didn't C.C.'s fanboy make this club? http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6641
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» UCC

FreedomWingz - Sep 30, 2008

15 by removed-user »»
Oct 5, 2008 2:16 PM

» Duplicate Cliam Clubs

Islaya - Sep 28, 2008

11 by Leah »»
Oct 3, 2008 9:44 AM

» The band convo!!

Victini - Sep 28, 2008

20 by Arturo_Plateado »»
Oct 1, 2008 5:15 PM

» Anti-Spite Claiming Discussion

Islaya - Sep 27, 2008

34 by DestinyFate »»
Sep 29, 2008 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.