Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 17, 9:35 PM
May 2022
When I was reading the LN and got hit with a triple back to back meeting I was still very interested in the topics of the meetings, the characters and their interactions with each other. However, I am slightly disappointed with how this was adapted for season 3 of the anime. No matter how you slice it, being in the same setting for multiple episodes just isn’t a formula for success when it comes to TV. I think viewers need to be better rewarded after lore and exposition dumps - primarily in the form of higher quality animated action sections. Any thoughts on what could have made season 3 better?
Sep 17, 10:55 PM
Nov 2018
I really don't think you can. You can only get so much excitement staring at a screen 20 minutes at a time, watching people discuss things around a table. At least with LN you can put it down at anytime and continue, when you feel like it.
Sep 17, 10:57 PM
Dec 2022
I am not a LN reader but I am enjoying s3 plus I am a Tensura fanboy so I don't know if it's me being bias.
Sep 17, 11:42 PM
Jan 2022
""better rewarded"

this is the fundamental flaw with your premise. you inherently assume the plot/story/worldbuilding content is bad, and people need action as a "reward". this is false

some people "just enjoy" that content. that is who this show is for. those who need action to justify anything else simply aren't the target audience

if you want more action heavy shows, just watch them. don't ask every show to become one
Sep 17, 11:42 PM
Jun 2023
DLoGuru said:
When I was reading the LN and got hit with a triple back to back meeting I was still very interested in the topics of the meetings, the characters and their interactions with each other. However, I am slightly disappointed with how this was adapted for season 3 of the anime. No matter how you slice it, being in the same setting for multiple episodes just isn’t a formula for success when it comes to TV. I think viewers need to be better rewarded after lore and exposition dumps - primarily in the form of higher quality animated action sections. Any thoughts on what could have made season 3 better?

may be better reactions and kind of better animations ,,, talks feels dumb sometimes in anime ,,,
Sep 18, 12:19 AM
Mar 2019
as an anime only this season is better than the previous season if there was no talking and preparation and context the random fights would make season 3 really bad and people still would of complain, with the context of talking and preparation the fights was so worth the wait and the pacing is really good.
Sep 18, 2:11 AM
Mar 2022
Moppit said:
I really don't think you can. You can only get so much excitement staring at a screen 20 minutes at a time, watching people discuss things around a table. At least with LN you can put it down at anytime and continue, when you feel like it.

If Shoshimin can make me enjoy a scene of a guy eating cake and sweets for 20 Minutes, Why couldn't Tensura have made me get excited over the Rimuru sitting on the table?
Sep 18, 4:04 AM
Jul 2021
Moppit said:

You can also do the same thing watching shows. There is a pause button for a reason.
Sep 18, 5:46 AM

Jul 2017
i think the second half (after the crusade) was enjoyable
Sep 18, 6:49 AM
Oct 2022
Kitsune_089 said:
i think the second half (after the crusade) was enjoyable

They definitely used different teams for the two cours. The meetings post crusade are so much more fluid and engaging, imo. It felt like I was watching Slime Diaries again. Also, the plot for the crusade was just really bad anyways. There was no actual conflict. Just a bunch of really forced misunderstandings with no real consequences because Rimuru and company were all so much stronger than the knights.
Sep 18, 9:40 AM
Nov 2021
The anime also likes to recap a lot, which is fine if you're second monitoring it, but gets lame fast when you want to pay attention the whole time and they reshove info you know back in your face.
Sep 18, 9:40 AM
Nov 2018
@kyo_1 This is where it breaks down to preferences. I only watch anime at home. If I feel I have to break it down to segments, I shouldn't be watching to begin with. I can read an LN or manga for a 5-minute segment and be happy with it, so I mainly read them on the go.
Sep 18, 9:44 AM
Jul 2021
Moppit said:
@kyo_1 This is where it breaks down to preferences. I only watch anime at home. If I feel I have to break it down to segments, I shouldn't be watching to begin with. I can read an LN or manga for a 5-minute segment and be happy with it, so I mainly read them on the go.

I mean while it is easier to put down a book rather than a show mid episode, wouldn’t you usually put down books after a chapter has been finished? Which is similar to finishing an episode and stop watching it. Idk I don’t wanna argue but Don’t feel like it’s a valid excuse when you can definitely replicate the same thing on tv.
Sep 18, 12:06 PM
May 2022
Reply to tarfeef101
""better rewarded"

this is the fundamental flaw with your premise. you inherently assume the plot/story/worldbuilding content is bad, and people need action as a "reward". this is false

some people "just enjoy" that content. that is who this show is for. those who need action to justify anything else simply aren't the target audience

if you want more action heavy shows, just watch them. don't ask every show to become one
@tarfeef101 I don't "inherently assume the plot/story/worldbuilding content is bad." That is the exact reason I liked the show so much and went on to read majority of the LN and WN.

People can enjoy what they like of course, but objectively speaking, season 3 could have been better.

I am not asking the show to be anything, there are a lot of fights, multiple battles and wars in the story, it already is a action heavy show.
DLoGuruSep 18, 6:51 PM
Sep 18, 1:28 PM
Dec 2021
DLoGuru said:
@tarfeef101 I don't "inherently assume the plot/story/worldbuilding content is bad." That is the exact reason I liked the show so much and went on to read majority of the LN and WN.

People can enjoy what they like of course, but objectively speaking, season 3 could have been better.

I am not asking the show to be anything, there are a lot of fights, multiple battles and wars in the story, it already is a action heavy story.

I understood your thought, however this part of the LN has massive dialogues and a lot of important details. That’s why this season has 24eps in order to cover at least 80-90% of these volumes.

Have you seen Toaru, COTE and Tate no yuusha before ? Their studios screwed up their light novels. Tensura did what Rezero did(24 eps to cover 3 volumes), imagine adapting 3-4 volumes in poor 12-13 eps.
Sep 18, 2:20 PM
May 2022
Reply to Coast27
DLoGuru said:

I am not asking the show to be anything, there are a lot of fights, multiple battles and wars in the story, it already is a action heavy story.

I understood your thought, however this part of the LN has massive dialogues and a lot of important details. That’s why this season has 24eps in order to cover at least 80-90% of these volumes.

Have you seen Toaru, COTE and Tate no yuusha before ? Their studios screwed up their light novels. Tensura did what Rezero did(24 eps to cover 3 volumes), imagine adapting 3-4 volumes in poor 12-13 eps.
I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Toaru lol. But I have seen the others, haven't read their respective light novels though but I understand what you're saying.
Sep 18, 4:12 PM
May 2022
You could count on two hands the number of attacks thrown in the “martial arts tournament”

Completely agree
Sep 18, 8:42 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to AltN
Moppit said:

If Shoshimin can make me enjoy a scene of a guy eating cake and sweets for 20 Minutes, Why couldn't Tensura have made me get excited over the Rimuru sitting on the table?
@AltN excellently said!
Sep 19, 5:58 PM
Jun 2014
Kreshre said:
as an anime only this season is better than the previous season if there was no talking and preparation and context the random fights would make season 3 really bad and people still would of complain, with the context of talking and preparation the fights was so worth the wait and the pacing is really good.

This was my problem with the start of sheild hero season 2 there was no context to connect season one to season 2 and characters just appearing as if I already knew them really brought a downer on that season for me I love all things slime so am happy to watch the meetings to get all of the context for the actions of the characters ❤️

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20

62 by SevWren »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16

68 by Little_Words »»
7 hours ago

» Is this show for kids?

ghier - Sep 24

12 by CheliosX »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

96 by Darkzepheran »»
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

» Help me manga readers, I want to know about the tenma war arc.

Hickykissy - Sep 23

7 by SATAN19 »»
Sep 24, 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.