Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
8 hours ago
Mar 2021
Which version is better the old or the new one , should i watch the old one or just start with the new one or watch both , is there anything that is available in the old version but not the new version?

{ I got my answers thank you all }
TEMPEST_15 hours ago
8 hours ago
Nov 2023
TEMPEST_1 said:
Which version is better the old or the new one , should i watch the old one or just start with the new one or watch both , is there anything that is available in the old version but not the new version?

Its really either way but I would prefer watching new one ...This is because they adapted whole LN...and its in one season and its really very very good but on OG preferences i would say Og one nails it
8 hours ago
Jan 2016
TEMPEST_1 said:

It really depends, this version adapts the light novel more directly than the brains base adaption, but that one has an unmatched feel, at least for me. The original was one of my first anime though so it holds a very special place in my heart. But having read on in the light novel, this one is definitely closer to that.
8 hours ago
Nov 2021
The new one because it’s more faithful as the LN readers says, but i think older one has better aesthetics and art style.
8 hours ago

Jan 2023
I'd advise the new one as it is closer to the novel.
It also has beautiful visuals and better chara designs (in my opinion at least).
But the old one has its own charms for sure, I can see the argument for it.
7 hours ago
Feb 2021
Yeah new version is great. But it can't quite match the melancholy, the sense of danger, the flirtatious playfulness and Holo's wildness like the original did. I'd say watch the original 1st, then the new one, no harm in a bit of repetition it is one of the greatest after all.
7 hours ago

Sep 2016
I would have said the original, but after episode 24 of the remake it seems like a tie now.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
7 hours ago
Jun 2023
TEMPEST_1 said:

Wait but your dead
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
I_love_sora2 said:
TEMPEST_1 said:

Wait but your dead

Whaaat?!………
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
SorewaKirito said:
TEMPEST_1 said:

Its really either way but I would prefer watching new one ...This is because they adapted whole LN...and its in one season and its really very very good but on OG preferences i would say Og one nails it

Thank you appreciate it
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
AVEyouth said:
TEMPEST_1 said:

It really depends, this version adapts the light novel more directly than the brains base adaption, but that one has an unmatched feel, at least for me. The original was one of my first anime though so it holds a very special place in my heart. But having read on in the light novel, this one is definitely closer to that.

Thank you appreciate it
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
nishant0 said:
The new one because it’s more faithful as the LN readers says, but i think older one has better aesthetics and art style.

Thank you appreciate it
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
MeguSae38 said:
I'd advise the new one as it is closer to the novel.
It also has beautiful visuals and better chara designs (in my opinion at least).
But the old one has its own charms for sure, I can see the argument for it.

Thank you appreciate it
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
Gavinmercer said:
Yeah new version is great. But it can't quite match the melancholy, the sense of danger, the flirtatious playfulness and Holo's wildness like the original did. I'd say watch the original 1st, then the new one, no harm in a bit of repetition it is one of the greatest after all.

Thank you appreciate it
7 hours ago
Mar 2021
Zarutaku said:
I would have said the original, but after episode 24 of the remake it seems like a tie now.

Thank you appreciate it
7 hours ago
Jul 2022
I prefer the remake. The original skips arc 4 which the remake covers meaning the remake didn't cover arc 5. So if you want to watch everything I'd watch the remake and then the final arc of the original. The OVA was also redone as episode 13 in the remake so no need to watch. The remake does adapt more faithfully but it's not so different it really matters unless you're a LN purist. The remake also does a good job modernizing the visuals quality and sound. I also prefer the more playful Holo in the remake.
7 hours ago
Nov 2023
I_love_sora2 said:
TEMPEST_1 said:

Wait but your dead

Kaiki didn't understood it ....😔
7 hours ago
Jun 2023
SorewaKirito said:
I_love_sora2 said:

Wait but your dead

He didn’t he didn’t
7 hours ago
Nov 2023
I_love_sora2 said:
SorewaKirito said:

He didn’t he didn’t

Too bad too sad fr fr!
6 hours ago
Mar 2021
SorewaKirito said:
I_love_sora2 said:

Wait but your dead

Ohhh i didn’t think he/she talk about kaiki that was the first time ever LOL , if you talk about the new season i didn’t watch it yet
6 hours ago
Mar 2021
WestOnAndrewAve said:
I prefer the remake. The original skips arc 4 which the remake covers meaning the remake didn't cover arc 5. So if you want to watch everything I'd watch the remake and then the final arc of the original. The OVA was also redone as episode 13 in the remake so no need to watch. The remake does adapt more faithfully but it's not so different it really matters unless you're a LN purist. The remake also does a good job modernizing the visuals quality and sound. I also prefer the more playful Holo in the remake.

Could you please tell me from which episodes arc 5 starts in the original and after which episode of the remake should i watch
6 hours ago

Feb 2013
Reply to TEMPEST_1
WestOnAndrewAve said:

Could you please tell me from which episodes arc 5 starts in the original and after which episode of the remake should i watch
@TEMPEST_1 The Lenos arc (volume 5) starts with episode 7 in season 2 of the original. However I would advise against WestOnAndrewAve's recommendation to go back and watch it sequentially after this season is over as a lot was changed from the source material to allow for an original ending and it won't line up very well with what Passione is doing and we will very likely be getting a season 2 that begins with the 5th volume. If you still want to go back and watch I would suggest just watching the entire original adaptation from start to finish. It's still good.
6 hours ago
Jul 2022
NTAD said:
@TEMPEST_1 The Lenos arc (volume 5) starts with episode 7 in season 2 of the original. However I would advise against WestOnAndrewAve's recommendation to go back and watch it sequentially after this season is over as a lot was changed from the source material to allow for an original ending and it won't line up very well with what Passione is doing and we will very likely be getting a season 2 that begins with the 5th volume. If you still want to go back and watch I would suggest just watching the entire original adaptation from start to finish. It's still good.

I wouldn't really recommend it in general, just if they wanted to see Book 5 animated since it is only in the original.
6 hours ago
Mar 2021
NTAD said:

As far i understood you mean the arc that westonandrew…. Mentioned will start in the second season of the remake? Correct me if I’m wrong cuz I’m really sleepy right now my brain doesn’t work well
6 hours ago
Mar 2021
WestOnAndrewAve said:
NTAD said:

I wouldn't really recommend it in general, just if they wanted to see Book 5 animated since it is only in the original.

Thanks for the help
5 hours ago

Feb 2013
Reply to TEMPEST_1
NTAD said:

As far i understood you mean the arc that westonandrew…. Mentioned will start in the second season of the remake? Correct me if I’m wrong cuz I’m really sleepy right now my brain doesn’t work well
@TEMPEST_1 Yes. When season 2 is announced it will with near certainty lead off with the 5th arc. If it doesn't, I and a lot of other people will be quite displeased because we waited years to get a proper adaptation.
5 hours ago
Mar 2021
NTAD said:
@TEMPEST_1 Yes. When season 2 is announced it will with near certainty lead off with the 5th arc. If it doesn't, I and a lot of other people will be quite displeased because we waited years to get a proper adaptation.

Thanks for the help

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - 10 hours ago

20 by GuilhermeCRF1895 »»
55 minutes ago

» LN material

seasonanimes_ - 7 hours ago

2 by sailaway30 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2

40 by Magicmist »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9

40 by uNs7oPPaBL3 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29

64 by Traksis »»
Today, 4:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.