Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 12:07 PM
Jun 2024
Whole Cake Island is a very debated arc upon viewers as some say to watch the original anime for the emotional scenes and amazing fight scenes, while others say One Pace makes the pacing a lot better and therefore it’s worthwhile to use it for this arc as Whole Cake Island is a pretty long arc. I’d really like to hear people’s opinions (from both sides) on which one I should use.

The arcs that were well agreed upon to be watched in One Pace were Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa (mainly), Zou, and Reverie. I’m not sure what I’m planning to do for Whole Cake Island, but I’ll decide after hearing people’s opinions.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 12:11 PM
Jun 2024
BTW, before anyone replies, One Pace is a fan made non-profit edit of the One Piece anime that recuts the One Piece anime in an attempt to make it as close to the manga as possible. They do this by removing any filler episodes/scenes, padding, and combining episodes to significantly improve the pacing. Here is the website. (https://onepace.net/, currently down for website fixes). So anyway, that’s what I’m referring to.

Also, please stay relevant to the post. I don’t want any replies from One Piece purists or One Pace loyalists. I would like to hear balanced responses from both sides so I have a good idea of the pros and cons of each.
Jul 8, 12:35 PM

Jan 2021
One Piece pacing never bothered me when i binged it. I watched Whole Cake arc regularly and it's my favourite One Piece arc.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 8, 12:53 PM
Apr 2021
I’m not too sure since I read the manga for most of One Piece, but either way, I think you’ll really enjoy the arc!! It really boils down to each individual’s own tastes/preference, but I think most of us will agree it’s an amazing arc.
Jul 8, 12:56 PM
Jul 2022
Pacing in the original seemed fine by me. If you have the time for it I'd just go with that one. If you were fine with Dressrosa and Water 7 you'll be fine with Whole Cake.
Jul 8, 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
I don't see a reason to watch anything other than One Pace after the skip. Also, from what I've looked up, WCI is less contentious than Dressrosa.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 8, 1:02 PM
Mar 2024
The scenes are worth it. Even the longest fight in one piece.
Jul 8, 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to WestOnAndrewAve
Pacing in the original seemed fine by me. If you have the time for it I'd just go with that one. If you were fine with Dressrosa and Water 7 you'll be fine with Whole Cake.
@WestOnAndrewAve Pacing drops to 1 ch/ep all the way back at Thriller Bark, it's objectively terrible, but you just get used to it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 8, 1:08 PM
Jul 2022
LostSpectre said:
@WestOnAndrewAve Pacing drops to 1 ch/ep all the way back at Thriller Bark, it's objectively terrible, but you just get used to it.

I was ok with it as I said so I don't really care how many chapters it does per episode.
Jul 8, 1:29 PM

Apr 2021
i dont really get the point of creating another forum for something you already asked before...

but to answer your question, i never felt this terrible pacing ppl say the post ts has...until whole cake island, the beginning was such a drag and it felt boring and the last eps really ruin big mom for me, i was super annoyed with her, screaming waydding caiku!!! for what i percieved as an eternity. If you are already planning to watch all those arcs on one pace, i dont see a problem with watching this arc as well. But i have to say ive never watched one pace so i dont know if they cut some battle sequences, etc.
Jul 8, 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to WestOnAndrewAve
LostSpectre said:

I was ok with it as I said so I don't really care how many chapters it does per episode.
@WestOnAndrewAve Cool. The takeaway is that the pacing only seems fine if you've been indoctrinated.
Jul 8, 2:15 PM

Sep 2022
KitsuneZoro said:
Whole Cake Island is a very debated arc upon viewers as some say to watch the original anime for the emotional scenes and amazing fight scenes, while others say One Pace makes the pacing a lot better and therefore it’s worthwhile to use it for this arc as Whole Cake Island is a pretty long arc. I’d really like to hear people’s opinions (from both sides) on which one I should use.

The arcs that were well agreed upon to be watched in One Pace were Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa (mainly), Zou, and Reverie. I’m not sure what I’m planning to do for Whole Cake Island, but I’ll decide after hearing people’s opinions.

If you skip any arc, there's no point of the show. Atleast watch a detailed story explained of Whole Cake Island in YT before starting Wano. And about Wano, it also has quite a bad pacing, you have to skip 2-3 flashbacks each episode. So it will always be there, no point to skip a arc if you don't like pacing. Read the Manga then. That should suffice your valuable time.
ANIk_003Jul 8, 2:19 PM
Jul 8, 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
Why do you make a seperate thread each time you want to ask if you should skip X arc or not? Just make one thread and then ask all of the questions in it.
Jul 8, 3:00 PM
Mar 2021
bro watch one pace, u will not regret it, i started watching whole cake as regular one piece but a certain portion (involving some trees) went on for too long so i seeked out one pace on my own, so i completed whole cake in one pace and it's one of my favorite arcs
Jul 8, 3:19 PM
Sep 2022
Yes you should.
Hole cake starts a little bit slow, but don't get so long to get u. Sanjis history, Katakuris fight, Luffy and Sanji relationship, all of this make this arc awsome.
But i reccomend to watch with less pauses as possible, if u watch like, 1 episode for day, it will be to long and u will feel borred.
Jul 8, 5:02 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to LostSpectre
I don't see a reason to watch anything other than One Pace after the skip. Also, from what I've looked up, WCI is less contentious than Dressrosa.
@LostSpectre Yeah, but Dressrosa is longer and there are only a few important scenes that are cut in the original anime.

WCI has a lot of really good fight scenes and emotional scenes and I heard there isn’t as much padding (still a lot of episodes though)
KitsuneZoroJul 8, 5:18 PM
Jul 8, 5:05 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to WestOnAndrewAve
@WestOnAndrewAve Yeah I really liked the Water 7 Saga, so if WCI is as good, I’m fine with it.

I think Dressrosa I’ll mainly be watching on One Pace though
Jul 8, 5:06 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to luisfunes99
i dont really get the point of creating another forum for something you already asked before...

but to answer your question, i never felt this terrible pacing ppl say the post ts has...until whole cake island, the beginning was such a drag and it felt boring and the last eps really ruin big mom for me, i was super annoyed with her, screaming waydding caiku!!! for what i percieved as an eternity. If you are already planning to watch all those arcs on one pace, i dont see a problem with watching this arc as well. But i have to say ive never watched one pace so i dont know if they cut some battle sequences, etc.
@luisfunes99 But aren’t the fight scenes supposed to be really good? But if the pacing is that bad, then I’ll stick with One Pace
Jul 8, 5:08 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to ANIk_003
KitsuneZoro said:

If you skip any arc, there's no point of the show. Atleast watch a detailed story explained of Whole Cake Island in YT before starting Wano. And about Wano, it also has quite a bad pacing, you have to skip 2-3 flashbacks each episode. So it will always be there, no point to skip a arc if you don't like pacing. Read the Manga then. That should suffice your valuable time.
@ANIk_003 I don’t think you get my question lol, but no, I am not skipping any arcs.

Also, Wano supposedly has the best pacing post timeskip compared to all previous arcs, so I’ll probably stick with the anime.
Jul 8, 5:10 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to ciiviic
bro watch one pace, u will not regret it, i started watching whole cake as regular one piece but a certain portion (involving some trees) went on for too long so i seeked out one pace on my own, so i completed whole cake in one pace and it's one of my favorite arcs
@ciiviic Alright, sure, but are the fight scenes as good in One Pace. I heard WCI has some of the best emotional/fight scenes and if they’re cut/over-shortened in One Pace, then I’d rather get the full experience out of the original anime.
KitsuneZoroJul 8, 5:25 PM
Jul 8, 5:11 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to Musashi7818
Yes you should.
Hole cake starts a little bit slow, but don't get so long to get u. Sanjis history, Katakuris fight, Luffy and Sanji relationship, all of this make this arc awsome.
But i reccomend to watch with less pauses as possible, if u watch like, 1 episode for day, it will be to long and u will feel borred.
@Musashi7818 I’ll probably be watching 3-4 episodes a day around that time. Maybe 2-3, it depends.

Also, One Pace is different from the original anime, so are you saying I should watch the whole thing or One Pace
KitsuneZoroJul 8, 5:26 PM
Jul 8, 5:13 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to GTRaijin
Why do you make a seperate thread each time you want to ask if you should skip X arc or not? Just make one thread and then ask all of the questions in it.
@GTRaijin That’s what I did in my previous post, but in that case, people get confused and don’t rly answer some of my questions.

If you have any answers, I’d really appreciate it. Here’s the link: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2167929
KitsuneZoroJul 8, 5:26 PM
Jul 8, 5:14 PM
Sep 2022
KitsuneZoro said:
@Musashi7818 I’ll probably be watching 3-4 episodes a day around that time. Maybe 2-3, it depends.

i see.
there is some parts that are quite boring, so... when u get one of that try to watch more, than wen u return on next day, you will have good episodes to watch.
Thats my real recomendation.
Jul 8, 5:30 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to Musashi7818
KitsuneZoro said:

i see.
there is some parts that are quite boring, so... when u get one of that try to watch more, than wen u return on next day, you will have good episodes to watch.
Thats my real recomendation.
@Musashi7818 Alright. I’ll try that out when I get there.

Also, sorry, but I included in a reply that One Pace is not the same as One Piece, and you seemed to have watched the original.

If too much content has been cut from the original, I’ll go ahead with the original anime despite the sometimes annoying pacing.
Jul 8, 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to KitsuneZoro
@LostSpectre Yeah, but Dressrosa is longer and there are only a few important scenes that are cut in the original anime.

WCI has a lot of really good fight scenes and emotional scenes and I heard there isn’t as much padding (still a lot of episodes though)
@KitsuneZoro That's not what I meant. The quality of the WCI cut is supposed to be quite good, so it doesn't make sense to single out.
LostSpectreJul 8, 6:00 PM
Jul 8, 6:31 PM

Dec 2020
michal_b said:

*The longest fight in anime
Jul 8, 9:55 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to LostSpectre
@KitsuneZoro That's not what I meant. The quality of the WCI cut is supposed to be quite good, so it doesn't make sense to single out.
@LostSpectre Yeah, I heard WCI quality is better in One Pace than Dressrosa. Have they remade Dressrosa yet? I heard Dressrosa is really good in One Pace because it removes so much padding and filler, but it would be cool if they have/do improve the quality.

I think WCI is still decently contentious bc it adds a lot of off panel fights or extends some fights to make them a lot cooler and gives them some build up. Also, some emotional moments are better experienced in the anime as well I think. I did hear that a decent amount of people enjoyed the WCI edit in One Pace though and said the quality was really good, so I’m still not sure.
Jul 8, 10:00 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to michal_b
@michal_b Yeah, I heard the fight scenes are rly good, especially the long fight with Luffy. I’m not asking about whether to watch the arc BTW bc I’m definitely going to watch the arc, I’m asking whether to watch on One Pace (check my comment) or the original anime.

Also, I’m honestly not sure how much One Pace cuts, so I’ll have to check the episodes once the website is back up
Jul 9, 12:20 AM

Aug 2014
KitsuneZoro said:
@ANIk_003 I don’t think you get my question lol, but no, I am not skipping any arcs.

Also, Wano supposedly has the best pacing post timeskip compared to all previous arcs, so I’ll probably stick with the anime.

Whoever told you that Wano has the best pacing post ts is smoking crack.
Jul 9, 1:24 AM
Aug 2020
One pace is terrible, never use it
Jul 9, 3:03 AM

Jul 2023
I don't think it's matter. I done watching it and I done it with my own speed. plz don't use one pace it's sounds weird
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 9, 4:10 AM
Dec 2023
Stop asking same question daily, atleast watch 1 Arc in One Pace and if it's okay, you can continue forward. If the editing feels bad, then watch the original. Even if you are at Fishman island Arc, it will take you more tah 300 episodes to reach whole Cake. Watch those first, then decide. What kind of planning are you doing exactly, In the end you just have to watch in the sequence.
Jul 9, 5:17 AM

Sep 2016
I would, Whole Cake Island is an almost unbearable drag, much worse than Dressrosa by my feel.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 9, 5:56 AM
Jan 2023
use one pace, wci arc is one of my fav character, watching the og anime will ruin your experience (trust me)
Jul 9, 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
As someone's who's a big fan of One Piece I'd say to just watch the original episodes.
Yes the pacing is god awful at times but it's still entertaining.

If you don't have the time to sit through it, then yes One Pace will probably be enough.

I'm definitely planning on going through One Pace if I ever want to re-watch One Piece or maybe the new "The One Piece" anime will be kinda similar to what One Pace is doing.

It's the same with Naruto, there's been a big project that removed all the filler and made a cohesive watching experience for Naruto, it basically cuts down 50% in total.
I think One Piece will probably be about the same in the end.
Jul 9, 9:29 AM
Mar 2021
KitsuneZoro said:
@ciiviic Alright, sure, but are the fight scenes as good in One Pace. I heard WCI has some of the best emotional/fight scenes and if they’re cut/over-shortened in One Pace, then I’d rather get the full experience out of the original anime.

I don't think that anything was rushed, fights were epic; one pace makes the official anime look like some cheap parody (in the sense of how everything is dragged out and pacing is in the mud); one pace legit feels like the way one piece should have been consumed in anime form, one pace actually gives the anime very good pacing and stuff is edited together so well that I almost don't even notice where the original episode would have ended; fights feel like they should as in hype isn't lost in dragging out the episodes, instead they serve you what you want; this is the highest form of glaze I have ever given anything even though I'm not the biggest fan of one piece, but one pace itself is pretty amazing
Jul 9, 9:30 AM
Mar 2021
KitsuneZoro said:
@michal_b Yeah, I heard the fight scenes are rly good, especially the long fight with Luffy. I’m not asking about whether to watch the arc BTW bc I’m definitely going to watch the arc, I’m asking whether to watch on One Pace (check my comment) or the original anime.

Also, I’m honestly not sure how much One Pace cuts, so I’ll have to check the episodes once the website is back up

one pace cuts anything that isn't manga canon I'm pretty sure, it's all written in their wiki
Jul 9, 11:53 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to nirererin
I don't think it's matter. I done watching it and I done it with my own speed. plz don't use one pace it's sounds weird
@nirererin I guess you didn’t read my post. If you’re suggesting I watch WCI in the original anime, then sure, thanks.

You don’t need to criticize a website that more than 200k people use. Trust me, it’s a very good project, just that I’m worried about some of the edits.
KitsuneZoroJul 9, 12:09 PM
Jul 9, 11:53 AM
Oct 2023
Just watch the whole thing, its a great arc
Jul 9, 11:54 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
I would, Whole Cake Island is an almost unbearable drag, much worse than Dressrosa by my feel.
@Zarutaku Really? In that case, I might just watch One Pace for the entire arc. If WCI pacing is that bad, then One Pace is probably the ways to go
Jul 9, 11:55 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to Havish2628
use one pace, wci arc is one of my fav character, watching the og anime will ruin your experience (trust me)
@Havish2628 Yeah, I’m leaning towards One Pace at the moment. I’ll still have to check it out, but if One Pace makes the experience better overall, then I’m definitely going to go with One Pace, for sure.
Jul 9, 11:56 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to PrOxAnto
As someone's who's a big fan of One Piece I'd say to just watch the original episodes.
Yes the pacing is god awful at times but it's still entertaining.

If you don't have the time to sit through it, then yes One Pace will probably be enough.

I'm definitely planning on going through One Pace if I ever want to re-watch One Piece or maybe the new "The One Piece" anime will be kinda similar to what One Pace is doing.

It's the same with Naruto, there's been a big project that removed all the filler and made a cohesive watching experience for Naruto, it basically cuts down 50% in total.
I think One Piece will probably be about the same in the end.
@PrOxAnto Alright, thanks. Maybe if I have the time, I’ll go through it, but I’m leaning towards One Pace rn
Jul 9, 11:57 AM
Jan 2023
KitsuneZoro said:
@Havish2628 Yeah, I’m leaning towards One Pace at the moment. I’ll still have to check it out, but if One Pace makes the experience better overall, then I’m definitely going to go with One Pace, for sure.

I have watched it in one pace and enjoyed it very much, it's one of my favourite arcs (it's better than wano imo)

I have heard many PPL who watched the anime say that it's boring, so i would recommend one pace
Jul 9, 11:58 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to ciiviic
KitsuneZoro said:

I don't think that anything was rushed, fights were epic; one pace makes the official anime look like some cheap parody (in the sense of how everything is dragged out and pacing is in the mud); one pace legit feels like the way one piece should have been consumed in anime form, one pace actually gives the anime very good pacing and stuff is edited together so well that I almost don't even notice where the original episode would have ended; fights feel like they should as in hype isn't lost in dragging out the episodes, instead they serve you what you want; this is the highest form of glaze I have ever given anything even though I'm not the biggest fan of one piece, but one pace itself is pretty amazing
@ciiviic Ok, thanks! I was just worried that they might cut out some of the fights, but if the fights are just as good, then One Pace seems really good.
Jul 9, 11:59 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to ciiviic
KitsuneZoro said:

one pace cuts anything that isn't manga canon I'm pretty sure, it's all written in their wiki
@ciiviic Yeah, I think they don’t consider anything other than manga canon usually. But you’re saying that it doesn’t ruin any cool scenes, right?
KitsuneZoroJul 9, 12:03 PM
Jul 9, 12:03 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to KitsuneZoro
@Zarutaku Really? In that case, I might just watch One Pace for the entire arc. If WCI pacing is that bad, then One Pace is probably the ways to go
@KitsuneZoro Yes it is, especially the fight between Luffy and Katakuri constantly getting interrupted by annoying scene switches.
I don't know how it's done in One Pace, but I don't think it can be any worse than the botch in the original.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 9, 12:04 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to duhhaag
Just watch the whole thing, its a great arc
@duhhaag You mean in the original anime? Rn, I’m hearing that a lot of people think it drags on too much, so I’m leaning towards One Pace
Jul 9, 12:05 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
@KitsuneZoro Yes it is, especially the fight between Luffy and Katakuri constantly getting interrupted by annoying scene switches.
I don't know how it's done in One Pace, but I don't think it can be any worse than the botch in the original.
@Zarutaku Yeah, in that case, I’m just going to go with One Pace for the entire thing. I didn’t realize pacing was that bad
Jul 9, 12:08 PM
Jun 2024
Reply to Ruthless_Lord
Stop asking same question daily, atleast watch 1 Arc in One Pace and if it's okay, you can continue forward. If the editing feels bad, then watch the original. Even if you are at Fishman island Arc, it will take you more tah 300 episodes to reach whole Cake. Watch those first, then decide. What kind of planning are you doing exactly, In the end you just have to watch in the sequence.
@Ruthless_Lord If you don’t want me to ask the same question, then people should actually read my whole post instead of answering only part of it.

I didn’t get any responses in my previous post regarding WCI, so that’s why I reposted only this question.

But honestly, your assessment is fair. I’ll try out the earlier arcs first and see how much I enjoy them, then I’ll see about WCI.

KitsuneZoroJul 9, 12:12 PM
Jul 9, 12:26 PM
Oct 2023
KitsuneZoro said:
@duhhaag You mean in the original anime? Rn, I’m hearing that a lot of people think it drags on too much, so I’m leaning towards One Pace

I think Dressrosa was more dragging than Whole Cake.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The Most Monumental Event in Human History!

446pmoctober26th - 49 minutes ago

1 by Shinpei106 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

177 by GT1Studios »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimeRuleDWorld - May 29, 2009

81 by GT1Studios »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Nov 29, 2009

53 by TheStarscream759 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

81 by RairyuUchiha »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.