Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2:50 PM
Dec 2021
Creatures like Insects, Arachnids and Centipedes etc.

How do you interact or deal with them when they get close to you?

For me it’s Fire Ants because they spread quickly, aggressive, and hard to notice unless you’re actively searching for them. I got a few bites from leaning against the wrong tree for too long. Wearing shoes can help you avoid getting bit on the feet if you go hiking or walking in the grass.

Jackof-allspadesMay 23, 2:53 PM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 23, 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
Probably bed bugs. They really suck. Nobody likes them...
May 23, 3:38 PM

Dec 2021
I refuse to post a photo of them, because I have arachnophobia, but wolf spiders. These fucking things... GYAAHHH!! 🤮

I already hate Fall River, but these fuckers are too damn common here!

EDIT: Okay, here's an image... Guhhh...

Daviljoe193May 23, 3:44 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 23, 4:15 PM

Feb 2020
I never really liked May bugs very much, because they'd sound scary when fly into our house in the countryside.
But looking up close to them I think they're pretty cute ^~^
May 23, 4:20 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to Little_Sheepling
I never really liked May bugs very much, because they'd sound scary when fly into our house in the countryside.
@Loyal_Sheepling Dude, I miss those clumsy things! I never see them or their fuzzy bellies anymore! 😭
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 23, 4:43 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Daviljoe193
I refuse to post a photo of them, because I have arachnophobia, but wolf spiders. These fucking things... GYAAHHH!! 🤮

I already hate Fall River, but these fuckers are too damn common here!

EDIT: Okay, here's an image... Guhhh...

@Daviljoe193 That Spiders missing a leg too, I’m more afraid of spiders that are missing a limb or two because they’re probably tenacious af. There is Huntsman Spiders where I live and they are very fast, agile, large, and multiply quickly:

But they are also very timid and fragile. I’ve seen one with 4 Legs before which is less than an insect lmao. Never been but by one too so there’s that as well.
May 23, 4:52 PM

Dec 2021
Jackof-allspades said:
@Daviljoe193 That Spiders missing a leg too, I’m more afraid of spiders that are missing a limb or two because they’re probably tenacious af. There is Huntsman Spiders where I live and they are very fast, agile, large, and multiply quickly:

But they are also very timid and fragile. I’ve seen one with 4 Legs before which is less than an insect lmao. Never been but by one too so there’s that as well.

I guess there is the upshot that we also have quite a variety of harmless bugs that aren't scary (at least to me), like crane flies. I honestly love these things whenever I see them, because they literally can't do anything to you, except bounce in place when looking for another crane fly to mate with.

Personal photo I took of a phantom crane fly

It seems like missing legs are also quite a common theme with bugs in Massachusetts.
Daviljoe193May 23, 4:57 PM

alt_textalt_textalt_text
May 23, 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
Thankfully no scary arthropods where I live. Ig fire ants lol.
May 23, 8:07 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Hobo spiders. I'm like, you're a hobo, the heck do you need to be in my house for???
May 24, 1:50 AM

May 2013
Reply to Little_Sheepling
@Loyal_Sheepling

Wait.

There are cute fuzzy beetles and none of you assholes told me?

>:c

Edit: They are called the cockchafer and I am snickering too much for 2am.
NetteMay 24, 1:55 AM

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 24, 2:11 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Kwanthemaster
Hobo spiders. I'm like, you're a hobo, the heck do you need to be in my house for???
@Kwanthemaster I used to catch those suckers with my hands when I was a kid but surprisingly no bites. However they used to hide in my window sills by my bed and I would wake up with red bumps so maybe I actually did get bit.

I also used to find a lot of Woodlouse Spiders under rocks and logs; they looked straight outta hell to a youngster like me:

May 24, 2:21 AM

Sep 2016
Scariest foe: Horsefly (these fuckers are huge and a sting itches like crazy for hours)

Scariest friend: Spiders (they capture and kill flies and mosquitoes, so they are my dear friends despite being scary)

Scariest neutral: Hornets (they are just too rare to care about, still scary because a sting could possibly be lethal if there is a strong allergic reaction)
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 24, 2:02 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Scariest foe: Horsefly (these fuckers are huge and a sting itches like crazy for hours)

Scariest friend: Spiders (they capture and kill flies and mosquitoes, so they are my dear friends despite being scary)

Scariest neutral: Hornets (they are just too rare to care about, still scary because a sting could possibly be lethal if there is a strong allergic reaction)
@Zarutaku Yeah I always feared flying stinging/biting insects more than most because they are generally harder to escape; Luckily the ones where I live aren’t aggressive and not common besides summertime. Fire ants where I live like to make nests inside cars and that can really fuck you up when driving when you have some crawl up your arms and legs.
May 24, 11:25 PM

Feb 2018
YAAAAAAABA DEBEDOOOOOOOO! insects scare me!
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

May 30, 1:57 AM

Sep 2020
glad there's not many scary ones near me and are mostly harmless

More topics from this board

Poll: » It is illegal to put mermaids in aquariums?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

13 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» How many of your great-grandparents did you get to meet?

SoldierDream - Yesterday

17 by PreachElectrick »»
15 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KiraraFan - May 7

224 by GinIonSui »»
16 minutes ago

» You may not be able to have offspring with your alien partner.

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

18 by RainyEvenings »»
24 minutes ago

» Tell me about your niche hobby ( 1 2 )

Commit_Crime - Sep 1

56 by _untitled »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.