42.1%
anime community has fallen off to oblivion
24.6%
idk man, but i loved it ;))
33.3%
57 votes
May 7, 3:08 AM

Oct 2022
it breaks my heart to see masterpieces like this, doesn't get the recognition they deserves. this is one of the best anime of 2024. i hate it when second hand ripped-off of mid revengers like mid breaker, gets all the hype instead of thought provoking masterpieces like this ;((
why's that??
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 7, 3:22 AM
Mar 2021
@FruitPunchBaka It's probably because, not many people on MAL have watched Doraemon, and thus they don't know about Time Patrol.
Aryu1410May 7, 3:27 AM
May 7, 3:28 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Aryu1410
@FruitPunchBaka It's probably because, not many people on MAL have watched Doraemon, and thus they don't know about Time Patrol.
@Aryu1410 this can be the reason, but it's just sad man. doraemon: steel troops movie is also underrated on this site, just like this one ;((
the song "sabse pehle hai pyaar. mai aur tum dono toh ek hai. uske baad aaye aashayein. tum toh tum ho mai toh mai hu. aakhir mai hum dono soche, ke tum kaun ho aur mai kauuuuuun huuu" from that movie hits so hard everytime i hear it, and always breaks my heart in the worst possible way ;((
May 7, 3:41 AM
Mar 2021
@FruitPunchBaka It's really a sad thing, I grow up watching Doraemon, and Seeing TP Bon , really reminds me of Doraemon, especially Bon , he really reminds me of Nobita 😅
That song I really gonna listen to it now, Thanks for reminding me
I hope Netflix in near future do a Netflix original Doraemon movie or something, it will be amazing
Aryu1410May 7, 3:51 AM
May 7, 3:56 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Aryu1410
@FruitPunchBaka It's really a sad thing, I grow up watching Doraemon, and Seeing TP Bon , really reminds me of Doraemon, especially Bon , he really reminds me of Nobita 😅
That song I really gonna listen to it now, Thanks for reminding me
I hope Netflix in near future do a Netflix original Doraemon movie or something, it will be amazing
@Aryu1410 fr man, and the animation is so good in this one. i really hope they make something like this for doraemon too!!! it'd so cool to see one of my fav shows of all time in these colors and themes. and you can cry while you listen to that song cuz we all do lol
May 7, 4:06 AM
Mar 2021
FruitPunchBaka said:
@Aryu1410 fr man, and the animation is so good in this one. i really hope they make something like this for doraemon too!!! it'd so cool to see one of my fav shows of all time in these colors and themes. and you can cry while you listen to that song cuz we all do lol

@FruitPunchBaka I also found the original Jp song it's also beautiful.
https://youtu.be/UCl50b4WzWU?si=kAU9IDZCgYgrKUCB
Thankfully Doraemon is very popular in Japan and it will probably get a movie or two by Netflix, they did add Both Stand by me movies and now TP Bon so there is indeed a chance.
In Japan Netflix pretty much have all the Doraemon movies
Now I really want to watch Doraemon 😭😭
May 7, 5:25 AM
Oct 2020
This deserves better, Idk what's up with the low rating, I personally enjoy it, maybe people right now aren't used to these old styles and is rating it low cause of that even tho the animation is actually really good, which would be sad,animation and arts been dragging down so many good animes especially now more than ever, wish it wasn't like that
May 7, 5:36 AM
Apr 2024
Fujiko F Fujio works deserve better outside of Asia
T.P Bon is very well received in Japan though, it gets a 4.0/5 on filmmarks which is pretty high. Even Your Name got like 3.6
May 7, 5:38 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't even know this show existed until now. Fuck netflix and their shitty batch releases.
Saw a bit of it and I'm definitely intrigued. Gonna download it now!

CrunchyCrobat said:
Idk what's up with the low rating

Only 343 people rated it so far. A weighted score of almost 7 with so few members is actually very high.
May 7, 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
Haven't seen it, but tossing around "mid" multiple times makes me what to disregard your entire opinion.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 7, 6:28 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to DarkDooM2
I didn't even know this show existed until now. Fuck netflix and their shitty batch releases.
Saw a bit of it and I'm definitely intrigued. Gonna download it now!

CrunchyCrobat said:
Idk what's up with the low rating

Only 343 people rated it so far. A weighted score of almost 7 with so few members is actually very high.
@DarkDooM2 yeah, low scores are usually a minority but they have bigger impact when there's so few ratings
May 7, 10:01 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to RecallMyName
@DarkDooM2 yeah, low scores are usually a minority but they have bigger impact when there's so few ratings
@RecallMyName yuh, and some people even gave it a 1/10 ;((
May 8, 6:39 AM

Jun 2019
I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece" as that's a label I reserve for like the less than 10 anime series out of hundreds I've seen which I've given a 10/10 to, but it was definitely well-made, enjoyable, a breath of fresh air with its story and traditional art style, and like catnip for history and time travel fanatics, of which I am one. Making it pretty easily and handily my favorite series of the current season and I'm sure will end up as one of my favorite of the year as a whole. Easily top five, probably top three, maybe even my #1, but it's only spring so it's too early to say.

My future opinion of it will end up being shaped by the second season which is set to be released in July, but I most likely see said opinion only improving as a result as more content is typically better than less with something you already like and the second season will probably be at least equally good if not better. Because it was planned for ahead of time as part of the same continuing and expanding story (rather than tacked on as an afterthought years later).

I only discovered its existence when looking at the MAL seasonal page for spring of 2024, as I usually do in the days or weeks before a new season starts. Doing that and scrolling down. It is shocking and maddening in a way to think that something as basic as most people simply not scrolling far enough to discover and learn of its existence may be the reason for its continued obscurity. Because it's an ONA instead of a regular TV series. I expected it to be lesser known and discussed for that reason, but not to that extreme extent which it is currently. I mean, rank #9195 in popularity? That's lower than some extremely obscure series from multiple decades ago. Although previously until a few days ago it was past 10,000. It's still surprising for a well-crafted new series linked to a popular franchise, and it's released on Netflix which is a globally known and popular streaming service, so it's not some thing you can only find as a Japanese raw with no subtitles bootlegged through a torrent site either.

Still just strange and annoying the disparity between quality and awareness/recognition.
WatchTillTandavaMay 8, 6:47 AM
May 11, 12:44 AM
Apr 2020
why's this so underrated?

coz it's lame story. There is no purpose of TP. They are saving random people from dying, it has no sens, and the story is mid. The yellow thing is so F. annoying.
May 11, 7:24 PM

Nov 2015
Maybe more people will watch it when the 2nd half comes out in July.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 11, 9:50 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to dash-chan
why's this so underrated?

coz it's lame story. There is no purpose of TP. They are saving random people from dying, it has no sens, and the story is mid. The yellow thing is so F. annoying.
@dash-chan why do doctors save random people from dying? It's the same thing
May 12, 1:30 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to RecallMyName
@dash-chan why do doctors save random people from dying? It's the same thing
@RecallMyName do doctors as well go back in time and could destroy the timeline for random peoples... baka xD
May 12, 1:46 AM

Jun 2019
Meanwhile, it's nice to see from the little exposure that it had that from the time it officially debuted to today at the time of writing this, it did already catapult from a number in the 10,000s in popularity to now in the 8,000s in little more than a week. Still underrated and lesser known for what it is and should be, but it's crystal clear now that it's just from the vast and overwhelming majority of the anime community having absolutely zero idea of its existence and impending airing on the week it premiered. Give it a few more months, a little more exposure on this forum and other websites, and the second season airing, and it'll probably bump up a few thousand more figures in popularity.
May 12, 12:26 PM

Apr 2011
Adapted from a minor manga and has a R-17+ rating.
May 12, 6:17 PM

Apr 2015
It's honestly strange how much this resembles a kids' show, and yet it has an R/TV-MA rating. Are there nipples?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 12, 7:00 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to CatSoul
It's honestly strange how much this resembles a kids' show, and yet it has an R/TV-MA rating. Are there nipples?
@CatSoul
CatSoul said:
Are there nipples?

Yes and decapitated heads.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 23, 9:48 AM

Jul 2021
I'm at Episode 4 at the moment (the sea current/akebi fruit episode), but I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece" by any stretch. It's fine, but not particularly likable or memorable in any way.

Underrated or not, it does feel very under-watched this season. But then again, it's a pretty crowded season, and it's stuck on Netflix with zero visibility.

I don't feel like dropping it, but I don't have a specific reason to continue, either. Unless someone can sell me on the rest of the show.
May 27, 3:57 PM

Jul 2017
One question:
Why isn't "Completed" on MAL?
May 27, 4:19 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked.

You may use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 12 Discussion

0451 - May 5

15 by bushman66 »»
May 30, 5:26 PM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 11 Discussion

0451 - May 5

3 by bushman66 »»
May 30, 5:25 PM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 10 Discussion

ThatFlowerGirl - May 4

6 by bushman66 »»
May 30, 5:24 PM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 9 Discussion

0451 - May 5

5 by bushman66 »»
May 30, 5:23 PM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 8 Discussion

RecallMyName - May 2

6 by bushman66 »»
May 29, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.