Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 6:08 PM

Oct 2021
I just watched the trailer and all I can say is that THIS is how you adapt one of Fujimoto's manga, not whatever the hell they tried to do with Chainsaw Man season 1.

I can't believe even a no-name studio with barely any track record can produce something better for one of Fujimoto's lesser-known one-shot manga than Mappa did with one of the most beloved and well-known modern manga (Chainsaw Man), sad.

Well, I'm still really looking forward to this movie, at least one of Fujimoto's manga will finally get the adaptation it deserves now.
Apr 19, 6:22 PM
Jul 2023
chainsaw man was fire what are you talking about?
Apr 19, 6:28 PM

Apr 2024
I can't believe even a no-name studio with barely any track record can produce something better for one of Fujimoto's lesser-known one-shot manga than Mappa

That's not about the studio, that's about people who work together. You either gather top talent under a single roof and get the job done, or you go the MAPPA route and pull out tons of hyped works at expense of quality.

A duet of noname studios founded by animators from Trigger and Kyoto Animation has once produced a show that was so ahead of its time that even its target audience trashed on it because it was too young and immature to understand what it was all about:

Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

Apr 19, 6:46 PM
Nov 2023
Psycho_Goku said:
I just watched the trailer and all I can say is that THIS is how you adapt one of Fujimoto's manga, not whatever the hell they tried to do with Chainsaw Man season 1.

I can't believe even a no-name studio with barely any track record can produce something better for one of Fujimoto's lesser-known one-shot manga than Mappa did with one of the most beloved and well-known modern manga (Chainsaw Man), sad.

Well, I'm still really looking forward to this movie, at least one of Fujimoto's manga will finally get the adaptation it deserves now.

The Chainsaw Man anime hate is so tired. MAPPA did the story and the characters justice, and the fight scenes were beautiful. I genuinely don't know what unsatisfied fans were expecting that they didn't get?
Apr 19, 7:51 PM
Oct 2019
th3sleeper said:
Psycho_Goku said:

The Chainsaw Man anime hate is so tired. MAPPA did the story and the characters justice, and the fight scenes were beautiful. I genuinely don't know what unsatisfied fans were expecting that they didn't get?

It's a minority, dont worry.
The majority have liked Season 1.
The post is a bait.
Apr 19, 8:04 PM
The Flawed Bliss

Dec 2021
Oml, it's the one and only psycho_goku‼️‼️
Apr 19, 8:10 PM
Aug 2021
Psycho Goku back at it again with another depressingly god-awful troll thread.

At least try, bro. I don’t even know what to say at this point. It’s like you have zero passion for the craft and are merely churning out AI generated slop. Even Ishinashi was better than you.

I’ll give this one a rather generous 2/10, though. It’s probably not your worst bait thread… but I strongly encourage you to do better. I’d recommend finding a larger variety in your bait. That one thread where you flipped the script and started randomly shilling over Mappa wasn’t half bad. Learn from that.
Apr 19, 9:03 PM

Oct 2021
Reply to Mando727
Psycho Goku back at it again with another depressingly god-awful troll thread.

At least try, bro. I don’t even know what to say at this point. It’s like you have zero passion for the craft and are merely churning out AI generated slop. Even Ishinashi was better than you.

I’ll give this one a rather generous 2/10, though. It’s probably not your worst bait thread… but I strongly encourage you to do better. I’d recommend finding a larger variety in your bait. That one thread where you flipped the script and started randomly shilling over Mappa wasn’t half bad. Learn from that.
@Mando727 Not everything you disagree with is "bait", my guy. Once the Chainsaw Man movie trailer releases and it inevitably looks worse than the Look Back trailer you will understand what I'm talking about. Mappa will finally be exposed, not even the most diehard NPCs will still defend their adaptation once this time arrives.
Apr 19, 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
Oh, I thought you were dead. Moving on.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 19, 9:19 PM
Aug 2021
Psycho_Goku said:
@Mando727 Not everything you disagree with is "bait", my guy. Once the Chainsaw Man movie trailer releases and it inevitably looks worse than the Look Back trailer you will understand what I'm talking about. Mappa will finally be exposed, not even the most diehard NPCs will still defend their adaptation once this time arrives.

Buddy’s really doubling down.

I mean, if your bait had been better, that would indeed have been the best course of action. Unfortunately, many are already aware of your antics, so your doubling down won’t trick anyone, and just seems desperate. A fatal but understandable mistake.

Like I mentioned before, these are things you simply need to learn from, to come back with a better performance the next time around. I believe in you.
Apr 20, 12:31 AM
Jan 2023
You haven’t even seen the movie😭😭😭
Apr 20, 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
Psycho_Goku said:

You really should look into things more before making statements like this, cause yeah, Durian haven't produced any big commercial work like this before (they made a music video though), but Kiyotaka Oshiyama, the guy behind it and the director, writer and character designer for Look Back is an acclaimed animator who's been in the industry for many, many years and is known for his exceptional skills. He's worked on lots of big productions over the years, including Ghibli movies, directed his own original show (Flip Flappers) and worked as a designer on stuff like Devilman Crybaby, Deca-Dence or FLCL sequels. Anime industry is more complicated and you shouldn't only look at the name of the building where the thing is made.
Apr 20, 2:12 PM
Jun 2022
Chainsaw man was a brilliant adaptation, idk what you’re yappin on about
Apr 21, 10:09 AM
Jan 2021
I can't believe how ungrateful people are for the amazing adaptation we got of Chainsaw Man. Most anime would kill for the love and devotion that was poured into that animes production
Apr 23, 4:19 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to PostMahouShoujo
I can't believe even a no-name studio with barely any track record can produce something better for one of Fujimoto's lesser-known one-shot manga than Mappa

That's not about the studio, that's about people who work together. You either gather top talent under a single roof and get the job done, or you go the MAPPA route and pull out tons of hyped works at expense of quality.

A duet of noname studios founded by animators from Trigger and Kyoto Animation has once produced a show that was so ahead of its time that even its target audience trashed on it because it was too young and immature to understand what it was all about:

@PostMahouShoujo Exactly.

The production schedule is also a significant factor in how good a movie/show turns out. A movie usually has a lot more people working on it and way more time than a TV Series like Chainsaw Man or JJK. The Director of Lookback was literally a key part in Space Dandy's legendary run in terms of animation so of course it's going to look good because that man probably knows some of the best animators/staff members in the entire industry and him being a Director on this shit guarantees it's success.

It's very similar to what Shingo Natsume accomplished with One Punch Man S1.

I can't believe how many people are uneducated to this simple fact but continue to talk like they know shit lmao.
Apr 28, 4:46 PM
Oct 2019
oddeyez said:
I can't believe how ungrateful people are for the amazing adaptation we got of Chainsaw Man. Most anime would kill for the love and devotion that was poured into that animes production

I assure you, it's a vocal minority.
The majority love the anime and the adaptation !
May 28, 8:25 PM

Sep 2020
Chainsaw man anime was great. I love it more than the manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Look Back Episode 1 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 14

31 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 7:11 AM

» Movie "Look Back" by Tatsuki Fujimto opens in North American theatres starting October 4th

Psycho_Goku - Aug 23

9 by perseii »»
Sep 10, 10:27 AM

» Worth seeing in theaters?

NickGrim - Aug 23

6 by Dreyiko »»
Aug 24, 1:36 AM

» where can i watch this subbed

KaijiKey - Jul 16

14 by fakku48 »»
Aug 17, 10:45 PM

» Look Back OST

LLBird - Jun 27

2 by perseii »»
Aug 14, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.