Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 10, 3:28 AM
Feb 2016
Hello !

I made this topic because I am quite scared for this season 3 that I've been eagerly waiting for. Both Chikai no Finale and Ensemble Contest have really low number of members, at least on MAL. Overall, movies don't have as many viewers than the seasonal counterpart of a same series, but I wonder if people will pick up again Hibike when they missed her whole 2nd year in the movies ?

I love Hibike (and wish there were some merch...) and I fear this is gonna bomb hard because the main point of hibike is its great characters, which, now the 1st year have left, have been introduced in the movies.
Mar 10, 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
Well, hopefully fans know that and will watch the movies (I don’t get why people skip movies. It’s not like they’re fillers. If you love a series, you should be happy to get new content, right?)
Mar 10, 10:36 PM
Jun 2021
I hope they watch it.. If not, they would be in total confusion and thinking why the anime skip her second year..
Mar 24, 5:30 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to imjayhime
Well, hopefully fans know that and will watch the movies (I don’t get why people skip movies. It’s not like they’re fillers. If you love a series, you should be happy to get new content, right?)
@imjayhime Harder to find probably. Many movies have different licenses from the shows.
Mar 24, 10:06 PM

Aug 2018
I am catching up now so that I can watch this season. I watched season 1 a little while back and I revisited it a bit and I'm on season 2 now. Im loving season 2 a lot rn I would give it even like a 9/10 atm and I am excited to finish the rest. But the thing is I got a slight buzzkill bc I came across people saying the adaptation is rushed later on.

Tbh I can enjoyed flawed anime probably more than most if I am already attached enough. Is it rushed that badly to make me not enjoy it, and does it mess up the set up for season 3? My favorite part about the anime is Kumiko and I also like the s2 second year side characters a lot.
Mar 28, 11:17 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to mawawile
I am catching up now so that I can watch this season. I watched season 1 a little while back and I revisited it a bit and I'm on season 2 now. Im loving season 2 a lot rn I would give it even like a 9/10 atm and I am excited to finish the rest. But the thing is I got a slight buzzkill bc I came across people saying the adaptation is rushed later on.

Tbh I can enjoyed flawed anime probably more than most if I am already attached enough. Is it rushed that badly to make me not enjoy it, and does it mess up the set up for season 3? My favorite part about the anime is Kumiko and I also like the s2 second year side characters a lot.
@bpcrash More than anything it's just a bit disappointing that their whole second year is 2 movies and an hour OVA... it's kinda like watching a recap movie instead of the full season; you know it could have been better with more runtime. It's particularly rough for the new characters, because they just don't have the screen time to let them develop. As for Kumiko, there are multiple important events for her, and you just can't help but wish you could've seen more details
Mar 29, 12:16 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to MiaAyende
@bpcrash More than anything it's just a bit disappointing that their whole second year is 2 movies and an hour OVA... it's kinda like watching a recap movie instead of the full season; you know it could have been better with more runtime. It's particularly rough for the new characters, because they just don't have the screen time to let them develop. As for Kumiko, there are multiple important events for her, and you just can't help but wish you could've seen more details
@MiaAyende Ah damn so it is the movie. Yeah the disappointment seems unavoidable on that one. I'm actually happier to go into it knowing that though versus experiencing it blind.

Im still really excited for Kyoani to be back with the 3rd season though. As long as it can deliver in seasonal fashion and we have Kumiko as our mc.
May 19, 4:02 AM
Feb 2016
Here we are, boys.

We reached the middle of the season and still nobody on MAL watches Hibike. 55k members but only 20k actually watching. It bombed just as hard as I thought.
Gotta say, it's a long series which started back in 2015, so it's pretty old and the rushed movies weren't that good.

At this point, I just hope KyoAni will manage to make some profit of it and will keep the good animation until the end. I think Hibike is quite popular in Japan, its main audience.
May 19, 9:38 AM

Nov 2023
I love KyoAni so much that I never miss anything from them. So I completely watched all of Hibike! Euphorium too.

Yeah, those who skipped, idk what they will do.
May 19, 10:02 AM

May 2015
Reply to Marsen-P
Here we are, boys.

We reached the middle of the season and still nobody on MAL watches Hibike. 55k members but only 20k actually watching. It bombed just as hard as I thought.
Gotta say, it's a long series which started back in 2015, so it's pretty old and the rushed movies weren't that good.

At this point, I just hope KyoAni will manage to make some profit of it and will keep the good animation until the end. I think Hibike is quite popular in Japan, its main audience.
@Marsen-P imagine using mal viewership totals as a guage if something "bombed".
May 19, 10:03 AM

May 2015
Reply to Marsen-P
Here we are, boys.

May 19, 6:19 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to billybub
@billybub Kids these days smh.
May 20, 12:41 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to Marsen-P
Here we are, boys.

@Marsen-P I'm just so confused about this comment.

Yes, it is popular in Japan, it's main audience. Your second comment contradicts your first statement that this "bombed".

What do you mean KyoAni "will keep the good animation until the end"? As far as we know, this season is the last, there's likely no OVA/movie after this.

I hope you weren't thinking that they're animating this on a weekly basis, and the show's quality will dip based on its ratings. But no one would be that silly.
The height of critical thinking and media analysis (and a little bit downie):
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
May 20, 5:15 AM
Feb 2016
Reply to stevejawbs
@Marsen-P I'm just so confused about this comment.

Yes, it is popular in Japan, it's main audience. Your second comment contradicts your first statement that this "bombed".

What do you mean KyoAni "will keep the good animation until the end"? As far as we know, this season is the last, there's likely no OVA/movie after this.

I hope you weren't thinking that they're animating this on a weekly basis, and the show's quality will dip based on its ratings. But no one would be that silly.
@stevejawbs
@billybub
@MegamiRem

I did think that such an universal topic like working hard together to achieve something would be a lot more popular overseas but it doesn't seem to be the case ? I don't really know where I could get better stats than those on MAL.

How long are anime finished before airing? Almost every anime has correction on the bluray version, as if they didn't have time to correct that before.
Once again, if you have a good source about the production schedule, share it.

May 20, 8:16 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Marsen-P
@stevejawbs
@billybub
@MegamiRem

I did think that such an universal topic like working hard together to achieve something would be a lot more popular overseas but it doesn't seem to be the case ? I don't really know where I could get better stats than those on MAL.

How long are anime finished before airing? Almost every anime has correction on the bluray version, as if they didn't have time to correct that before.

Marsen-P said:

First I'll give info for what I replied. MAL viewership/member count is only a decent indication of how much popular a series is in globally and doesn't mean almost anything when it comes to japan's internal market. A prime example would be Uma musume anime. It has very few member count on MAL but it was the most succesful anime of the year iirc and even broke some bd/dvd sale records in japan.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1954111

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1927025

Marsen-P said:
As for this. Most animes have around half the episodes done before they start airing while many parts of the other episodes also done in advance. Some animes even have all the episodes done before they start airing like Jellyfish can't swim in the night this season, very rare though these days with the very tight schedules. The production infos are ofc internal and the only sources for this are mainly leaks or if someone from the team says anything about it. Like sometimes animators will post it in media and such. There can be corrections in BDs but it used to be mostly minor overlooks(human errors can ofc happen) or uncensored stuff for certain animes. Though these days with the tight production schedule more mistakes are being made and are getting corrected with BD release.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 9

84 by The_Small_Blue »»
8 hours ago

» On the lack of performances...

raisin-kun - Jun 12

4 by perseii »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

100 by MugetsuJay »»
Jun 12, 9:45 AM

» Last season?

seasonanimes_ - Jun 10

5 by tormaid »»
Jun 11, 5:34 AM

» Mayu

disque - Jun 3

12 by SomeNewGuy »»
Jun 10, 7:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.