Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2023 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
That was sad. An interesting set up.

I know that hindsight is 20/20 but I think his wife's death could have been avoided.

Why didn't he just make a room with everything she would need downstairs until she was healed?
It's a mansion so surely there is space for that, right? It just doesn't make sense to risk someone who is in a cast falling down the stairs.

I would have found it strange that she didn't hear them talking about how they killed someone through the intercom.
On another note, I think they added too many zeros at 14:37

一千万円 (Ten Million Yen). A bit strange but surely it'll be fixed later.

今回のタイトルはいいね。「本当にハメられたのは誰なのか?」って感じだ。
三人は居酒屋にいた真田さんを気付かなかった。壁に耳あり障子に目ありで、誰が聞いてるかわからないね。

次回予約:あれれれ、おかしいぞ。
遊☆〇☆王じゃないかw。
hai_X_isDec 16, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 16, 2023 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
Not only did the thief cause his wife's death, his friend set him up to be extorted by the same thief....2 true pieces of shyt.

I feel bad for the guy.....but why was his wife set up upstairs with those leg injuries?
Dec 17, 2023 3:56 PM

Sep 2015
That was, surprisingly, a very good episode. Probably one of the best episodes we got in recent months, canon or not.
Dec 24, 2023 1:58 PM
Mar 2018
That was some fine plotting, although I thought the twist became rather obvious as soon as they went to search for the body.

The resolution was pretty emotional; it's one of those cases where you feel worse for the culprit than for the victim.
Jan 6, 7:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The revenge was one more time of the points!!!
He was lucky!
kekeke
Feb 18, 12:45 PM

Jan 2008
I'm a little confused about the order of events.

It was supposed to go like this:
Gets "swindled"->thinks he killed a man->fat friend pretends to bury the body but the swindler walks away->go home->lady accomplice comes and collects the hush money->later go on to split the cash 3 ways, with the swindler shown to be alive and well at the beginning.

Supposedly, he gets killed for real and buried afterwards.

For the sleeping Kogoro revelation, it's explained like this:
Pretends to get swindled->later takes the swindler out at knife-point that same night->kills him for real-> buries the body.

So my question is...when/how exactly did the guy call back the swindler? Or did he go to where the swindler was, knowing where he lived or stayed at beforehand, while 2 friends were out? We know that he was murdered after taking the cash and thus the estimated time of death can be placed on the fat friend. Seems like they left out a big piece of the puzzle.
May 20, 1:31 AM

Mar 2011
Very likely story that he overheard them. Of course criminals discuss their planned scams and committed crimes in public all the time.

Other than that I kind of liked this simple yet "complex" case. Didn't have something like this in a while.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1125 Discussion

hai_X_is - Jun 1

4 by WolfWood37 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 997 Discussion

Aikotoba - Feb 13, 2021

30 by Nakuy »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 219 Discussion

giraffesyo - Jul 31, 2012

39 by BladeX05 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1111 Discussion

hai_X_is - Jan 20

6 by Wildflower3 »»
Yesterday, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 384 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Dec 7, 2013

8 by InfinityDude88 »»
Yesterday, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.