Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2023 12:29 AM
Mar 2023
Really wanted to hear others thoughts on this. Both the anime and manga do a fantastic job at capturing the feeling of watching/reading a weekly Saturday morning cartoon/comic. I’ve particularly been enjoying the anime more and more because of this. We get a whole season of something to look forward too once a week before waiting a year to do it again and it works great with how this show is. That being said, as much as I love the manga I start losing interest while waiting for the next chapters release. If the series was heavier on the story with plot twists and deeper topics then I wouldn’t mind the wait. Since it’s more episodic and lighthearted there’s not much to look forward too. Even when the story’s tone got serious during the
I still found myself forgetting when the next release was ready. I would love to hear how others feel on the long wait as well as how they feel with the anime adaptation. (Also want to mention I don’t expect Endo to just whip out chapters willy nilly LOL. I understand it takes time for the work Endo puts in and I’m grateful for it.)
Dec 4, 2023 1:12 AM
Mar 2022
I mean it's not like I know anything about drawing or the conditions of publishing chapters frequently in a magazine so I'm not sure I can talk

But compared to almost all mangas I'm reading, chapters feel short.

Monthly mangas chapters are usually at least 30-35 pages long which gives time to advance the story.

20 page long chapters feel too short, the release should be bi-weekly
Dec 4, 2023 1:31 AM
Jun 2021
Outlow said:
I mean it's not like I know anything about drawing or the conditions of publishing chapters frequently in a magazine so I'm not sure I can talk

Monthly mangas chapters are usually at least 30-35 pages long which gives time to advance the story.

The release is bi weekly
Dec 4, 2023 2:48 AM
Mar 2022
SparCy said:
Outlow said:

The release is bi weekly

You're right, then there have been so many missed releases that I thought it was monthly haha
Dec 4, 2023 10:10 AM
Oct 2023
i recently read the entire manga and honestly I feel like that the chapters do give back thanks to the bi-weekly schedule. what's more worse about it is the fact, that there are just a lot of plot points it feels like we will never actually see expanded upon lmao (Anya's backstory which we might be getting onto, Yor's backstory, why Damian's mom is like that, maybe even origin of the entire conflict)
May 13, 6:48 AM
Jan 2021
Probs best just forgetting about this then coming back once a year to binge

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 98 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 12

18 by Farabeuf »»
May 18, 2:20 AM

» Question about the manga

Its_Me_Chia - May 7

6 by Its_Me_Chia »»
May 8, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 97 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 28

26 by daywithoutgames »»
May 5, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 90 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 12, 2023

28 by E_Creator »»
Apr 23, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 96 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 17

36 by daywithoutgames »»
Apr 18, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.