Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2023 3:36 PM
Dec 2017
But what did the production people think when they decided to adapt 80 chapters into just 13 episodes, giving the task to a mediocre director and an unknown sub-studio? Tower of God deserved better and I'm highly worried that season 2 will ruin it even more given all the amount of content that needs to be adapted, poor us ☠️
Nov 21, 2023 3:52 PM
Nov 2020
where can i read this, i enjoyed the watch. i just frequently hear how the adaptation ruined it and i would like to see what got ruined.
Nov 21, 2023 3:59 PM
Dec 2017
@ItsSoraAP But if they made cuts after cuts and how to watch Tokyo Ghoul re practically ☠️
Nov 21, 2023 4:05 PM
Dec 2017
@ItsSoraAP Of course cut Phantaminum and Urek's stories, Rachel's most important dialogue happened between her and Hwa ryun, the reason why Paracule was promoted, the training between Andorsi and Bam, some memories of Rachel's past, the reason so Yuri Zahard was on the 1st floor and helped Bam, the real sender of Ho's letter... and I'm not even halfway there, so to say that they cut out tiny things and that it was adapted well is the biggest bullshit I ever heard
Nov 21, 2023 4:07 PM
Dec 2017
@ItsSoraAP But what does it have to do with it? Even the live action of Death Note brought many people closer to the manga, but that doesn't mean it was well done 😂
Nov 21, 2023 4:27 PM
Apr 2022
Leon888 said:
But what did the production people think when they decided to adapt 80 chapters into just 13 episodes, giving the task to a mediocre director and an unknown sub-studio? Tower of God deserved better and I'm highly worried that season 2 will ruin it even more given all the amount of content that needs to be adapted, poor us ☠️

I just started reading it(I already watched it a while ago) and it’s been the same so far, I’m not very far in though tbf. But I’m pretty sure s2 will have a better director and will have more episodes
Nov 21, 2023 5:45 PM
Oct 2019
Idk, i am anime only and i like a lot, but it's imo.
And with a 7.55 score, idk if it the WORST adaptation.
Nov 21, 2023 6:07 PM
May 2020
Don’t know that it makes sense to call it one of the worst ever when things like Hakyuu Houshin Engi exist, or even The God of Highschool.
Nov 21, 2023 6:57 PM
Aug 2016
well considering how dogshit the actual manhwa art is, then no the adaption is prettt good
Nov 21, 2023 7:30 PM

Jun 2021
As someone who has read the source, this is a fine adaptation. They cut out some stuff but it was mostly irrelevant. Cutting out Bam and Endorsi's planned date was weird but fixable.
Nov 21, 2023 8:07 PM
Mar 2019
it's getting a season 2 so it's not a bad adaptation
Nov 21, 2023 11:30 PM
Jan 2021
The anime > The manwha
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 22, 2023 12:12 AM
Sep 2022
Nope it's the best adaptation
Nov 22, 2023 12:19 AM

Jun 2016
Never heard the term "sub-studio" before. Please elaborate.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 22, 2023 1:04 AM

Feb 2020
Leon888 said:

Are these haters actually real? Like how does this adaptation comes of poor or bad? It was drawn nicely and it has great osts as well. Compered to the manhwa art work its 10 times better. I didn’t had any problems with the direction either. Crazy how overhated this adaptation is.

Nov 22, 2023 4:52 AM

Mar 2012
That doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I may be the only one but I think it's really pretty and I'm a fangirl of this universe ^^
J'ai toujours eu ce sentiment un peu étrange d'être comme extérieur à mon corps. Cette impression de flotter quelque part au dessus, ou d'être dans une salle de cinéma, assis au fond, en train de regarder un long film interminable et à attendre que quelque chose se passe. Cette impression de lutter pour devoir rester éveillé, cette envie d'attraper le personnage principal pour lui dire de se bouger, sans cependant pouvoir rien faire sans briser l'écran.
Nov 22, 2023 7:05 AM
Apr 2020
it's the best webtoon adaptation there is so far dude
Nov 22, 2023 7:24 AM
Dec 2017
@ItsSoraAP Well of course they used 13 episodes to adapt 78 chapters, but obviously the next season will have hundreds of episodes to recover everything they left out and also adapt everything in the 2nd season of the webtoon... let's be realistic, come on, the adaptation did it sucks, especially for a story like tower of god where each chapter gives you a lot of information, having this bad management on the anime has only led to a disastrous result... and I could write you entire essays about the things that are wrong in the 1 season from the plot cuts, the bad characterization of the characters, the flat direction, the animations, etc... perhaps the only thing to really praise is the sound and the various musical soundtracks...
Nov 22, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Peenutz
Leon888 said:

I just started reading it(I already watched it a while ago) and it’s been the same so far, I’m not very far in though tbf. But I’m pretty sure s2 will have a better director and will have more episodes
@Peenutz and what i hope also considering that when the 2nd season arrives we would have waited 3 years to see it... even if Tower of god should have a one piece treatment to recover all the chapters that are in the manhwa
Nov 22, 2023 7:28 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to JaysonNnN
Idk, i am anime only and i like a lot, but it's imo.
And with a 7.55 score, idk if it the WORST adaptation.
@JaysonNnN On Mal even many dubious things get quite high scores, it's not a good yardstick for evaluating the works...
Nov 22, 2023 7:30 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to onespankman
Don’t know that it makes sense to call it one of the worst ever when things like Hakyuu Houshin Engi exist, or even The God of Highschool.
@onespankman I won't say a word about Haikyu.
on Goh, on the other hand, it's true that from a story point of view we had more cuts, but in terms of animation and direction it far surpassed Tog...
Nov 22, 2023 7:31 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to ceezy2trappy
well considering how dogshit the actual manhwa art is, then no the adaption is prettt good
@ceezy2trappy the art of the anime isn't that great, however even if you get beautiful art if the story has problems the end result will still be disastrous
Nov 22, 2023 7:34 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
As someone who has read the source, this is a fine adaptation. They cut out some stuff but it was mostly irrelevant. Cutting out Bam and Endorsi's planned date was weird but fixable.
@mohamedo_abuduru Andorsi and Bam were the lesser evil, they cut a lot of other important things for the plot like the story of the irregulars Phantaminu and Urek, the whole part related to Ho's letter, Rachel's most important dialogue, the part about Paracule and I could list many more things...
Nov 22, 2023 7:35 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Kreshre
it's getting a season 2 so it's not a bad adaptation
@Kreshre What does it mean ? even tokyo ghoul had seasons upon seasons and yet it was a bad adaptation 😂
Nov 22, 2023 7:37 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to official_brown
The anime > The manwha
@official_brown But how can the anime beat the manhwa if it cuts a lot of things, doesn't characterize the characters well, changes events without a logical sense, etc...?
Nov 22, 2023 7:39 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to White4Fang
Nope it's the best adaptation
@White4Fang Well obviously they used 13 episodes to adapt 78 chapters, obviously it's a good adaptation... let's be realistic, come on, the adaptation sucked, especially for a story like Tower of God where each chapter gives you a lot of information, have this mismanagement of the anime has only led to a disastrous result... and I could write you entire essays on these things that are wrong in the 1st season from the plot cuts, to the terrible characterization of the characters, to the flat direction, to the animations, etc.. perhaps the only thing to really praise is the sound and the various musical soundtracks...
Nov 22, 2023 7:40 AM
Jan 2021
Leon888 said:
@official_brown But how can the anime beat the manhwa if it cuts a lot of things, doesn't characterize the characters well, changes events without a logical sense, etc...?

Idk, I read the prologue (S1) and event though they cut a decent amount, if they adapted that amount of dialogue, most people would be turned off to the show. I really don’t think the early parts of the manwha were terribly interesting. Cut parts may make a cut adaptation, but that’s fine, as long as it’s a good anime.

Kevin Pankin’s existence also is the reason why the anime is better.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 22, 2023 7:43 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to IWatchAnimeBruh
it's the best webtoon adaptation there is so far dude
@IWatchAnimeBruh That doesn't mean it's a good fit ☠️
Nov 22, 2023 7:44 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Koukyoukyoku
That doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I may be the only one but I think it's really pretty and I'm a fangirl of this universe ^^
@Koukyoukyoku The manhwa is a masterpiece and the anime is rubbish
Nov 22, 2023 7:46 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Cyrose
Leon888 said:

Are these haters actually real? Like how does this adaptation comes of poor or bad? It was drawn nicely and it has great osts as well. Compered to the manhwa art work its 10 times better. I didn’t had any problems with the direction either. Crazy how overhated this adaptation is.
@Cyrose Bro they adapted 78 chapters into 13 episodes... that should tell you everything, and also amazing how you didn't talk about the story or the characters who are the ones who suffer the most in this adaptation 😂
Nov 22, 2023 7:51 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to official_brown
Leon888 said:

Idk, I read the prologue (S1) and event though they cut a decent amount, if they adapted that amount of dialogue, most people would be turned off to the show. I really don’t think the early parts of the manwha were terribly interesting. Cut parts may make a cut adaptation, but that’s fine, as long as it’s a good anime.

Kevin Pankin’s existence also is the reason why the anime is better.
@official_brown But what manhwa have they read to say it's not interesting? Of course, you don't understand much the first time, but when you re-read it you realize how those parts have quite an important relevance... moreover, if people really suffer from dialogue, why have shows like Steins Gate or Death Note received universal acclaim from the fandom? not to mention that Kevin Pekin can't save a disastrous season 1 just with his music (even if I've listened to better OSTs on the internet that are better suited to the webtoon)
Nov 22, 2023 8:08 AM
Sep 2023
I actually enjoyed the watch. I liked how the story moved along quickly instead of being drawn out like many other anime adaptations.
Nov 22, 2023 8:23 AM
Oct 2019
Leon888 said:
@JaysonNnN On Mal even many dubious things get quite high scores, it's not a good yardstick for evaluating the works...

To tell the truth, MAL scores don't interest me, if it's at least 6, it's above average, so for me it's positive.
Nov 22, 2023 8:43 AM
Apr 2022
Leon888 said:
@Peenutz and what i hope also considering that when the 2nd season arrives we would have waited 3 years to see it... even if Tower of god should have a one piece treatment to recover all the chapters that are in the manhwa

Well idk about all the s1 stuff, but word on the street is the character designer of OG bleach is directing and it will be 3 cours. I’m pretty sure the director thing is true, the 3 cour part I’m less sure about but I’m almost certain it’ll atleast be 2 cours
Nov 23, 2023 12:46 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to amaricvv
I actually enjoyed the watch. I liked how the story moved along quickly instead of being drawn out like many other anime adaptations.
@amaricvv But in what sense? The story moves quickly but you miss a lot of important things in the process when instead it would be better to try to fit everything in...
Nov 23, 2023 12:48 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Peenutz
Leon888 said:

Well idk about all the s1 stuff, but word on the street is the character designer of OG bleach is directing and it will be 3 cours. I’m pretty sure the director thing is true, the 3 cour part I’m less sure about but I’m almost certain it’ll atleast be 2 cours
@Peenutz 2 courses to adapt then up to where? because if they intend to include up to the laboratory battle, I don't think even 3 courses are enough to adapt all that part...
Nov 23, 2023 3:36 AM
Sep 2023
Leon888 said:
@amaricvv But in what sense? The story moves quickly but you miss a lot of important things in the process when instead it would be better to try to fit everything in...

Could you point out what in particular the anime adaptation doesn’t cover?
Nov 23, 2023 4:54 AM
Apr 2022
Leon888 said:
@Peenutz 2 courses to adapt then up to where? because if they intend to include up to the laboratory battle, I don't think even 3 courses are enough to adapt all that part...

I heard a good stopping point would be around 100 chapters from where we are now. 3 cours is perfect to adapt that much. 2 cours not much
Nov 24, 2023 2:24 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to amaricvv
Leon888 said:

Could you point out what in particular the anime adaptation doesn’t cover?
@amaricvv I'll make a list first:
-Irregular explanations (Urek and Phantaminum
-Appointment Androsi and Bam
-Rachel's dialogue
-Parts of Rachel's past
-Explanation of Ho's letter
-Part dedicated to Paracule during the hide and seek game
-Lack of explanation on what happens if you don't pass the 2nd floor
-Akryung's role completely skipped...
and probably other things that I don't remember now
Nov 25, 2023 11:00 AM
Sep 2023
Leon888 said:
@amaricvv I'll make a list first:
-Irregular explanations (Urek and Phantaminum
-Appointment Androsi and Bam
-Rachel's dialogue
-Parts of Rachel's past
-Explanation of Ho's letter
-Part dedicated to Paracule during the hide and seek game
-Lack of explanation on what happens if you don't pass the 2nd floor
-Akryung's role completely skipped...
and probably other things that I don't remember now

Not gonna lie. I ain’t reading allat.
Nov 28, 2023 6:59 AM
Mar 2022
They still have time to include this in S2 and whatever way they handle S2 I’m sure we’ll definitely get more info about Rachel. With a rating of 7.55 doesn’t mean it’s the worst, it’s pretty good.
Nov 28, 2023 1:34 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Kawaii_swan
They still have time to include this in S2 and whatever way they handle S2 I’m sure we’ll definitely get more info about Rachel. With a rating of 7.55 doesn’t mean it’s the worst, it’s pretty good.
@Kawaii_swan Stop taking Mal's scores as truths that don't count for anything... and also how do they want to include all the parts cut in season 1 when they have an infinite amount of things to adapt?
Jul 31, 4:47 AM
Jan 2013
Nice. Like to hear your thoughts on S2 if this is your opinion of S1.
Jul 31, 1:42 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to EndlessNights9
Nice. Like to hear your thoughts on S2 if this is your opinion of S1.
@EndlessNights9 S2 is trash compared to s1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marinate1016 - May 6, 2020

315 by TrippyPepper »»
Sep 11, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

475 by Warchiii »»
Sep 5, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

464 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 10, 2020

211 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyle_Kirchner - Jun 3, 2020

262 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 10:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.