Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2023 1:15 PM
Dec 2021
A 10+ years old romance with a score of 8.00 makes it Top Tier in the genre.
What is so good about it?
Sep 4, 2023 1:25 PM
Apr 2021
Bro why are you asking when you already seen it
Sep 4, 2023 2:08 PM
Mar 2023
Ngl I’m not a big fan of this anime like all together but it’s like a 4 but I do got to give it respect for inspiring komi can’t communicate
Sep 4, 2023 2:12 PM

Dec 2010
There is such an amount of stupid in this anime it goes quite simply beyond words, so I will stick to the basics:

Story:
if I thought that romantic animes tend to make everything that happens to those lame drama queen teenagers a matter or life or death, Kimi ni Todoke has gone overboard.
What story, by the way? Is this a story about autism? If it was so at least it would have a purpose and it would be promoting something serious.
Keyword: Misunderstanding that could have easily been avoided and even more easily been cleared from the beginning.

Art is OK, Sountrack was a bit too simplicistic and childish but pleasant.

Characters:
Should I laught or cry? There are two characters who are savable and they are Ryu and Yano. Kazehaya is only half savable. The rest is trash.
Sawako isn't just shy, she has problems. She has hallucinations. She lives in a weird limbo, I don't know. We've all had our problems when we were an awkard mess in middle school, some dealt with it better and some just couldn't cope with school mates, but when you finally emerge from the darkness and people come at you with outstretched hands, ready to start fresh like normal people, you don't just stick to your conviction that everyone hates you in face of all the evidence of the contrary.
That only means being stubborn, and Sawako is probably 99% stubborn and 150% stupid (yes I suck at math).
Oh, and another 50% tears, because there seems to be no end to the amount she can shed for no reason at all. And in the beginning? Was the start of a new friendship supposed to be this tragic? Who in the world has cried so much and reached such depths of despair for one single rumour and two people who are willing to give you the time of day? I mean, if that is how she goes about getting friends I'm curious to know how's the rest.

Enjoyment:
NO, I haven't enjoyed myself, and Sawako wouldn't have enjoyed herself either if I'd had the chance to put my hands round her neck at some points of the story. At MANY points of the story.

I feel like I have just seen a bunch of cliches stuffed together and pushed to the tenth power. Or maybe maybe maybe! Maybe this is actually the birth place of many of the cliches that you see in anime these days, the source of all evil. Maybe this is the reason Japanese people think that love is so much of a bothersome burden that if you're not driven by the most powerful and pure emotions you're not even qualified to try.
This is what I call non-educational.

P.S.: the second season is just as useless as the first one and although it LOOKS like it provides closure, it's just another one of Sawako's pointless tiny steps toward finally becoming a normal person, and I can only pity her because if that's how she goes about things then her life will just a nerve-wrecking chain of events that she can barely deal with without crying or passing out or giving herself stress-induced gastritis.
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Sep 4, 2023 4:18 PM

Oct 2018
Why do you care? LOL
Sep 4, 2023 5:23 PM

Oct 2017
the voice acting is peak and gives the show a very good flavor, it's also funny and perfectly dramatic, it may be kinda boring but it really deserves every moment cause it deliver you the clouser you want
uchiha_yassoSep 4, 2023 5:27 PM
Sep 4, 2023 5:33 PM

May 2014
I enjoyed s1 a lot, but s2 was pretty meh. I am excited for a 3rd season though. It did pick up a bit at the end of s2 and if it stays like that it should be pretty good.
Sep 4, 2023 5:40 PM

Apr 2021
jesujej said:
There is such an amount of stupid in this anime it goes quite simply beyond words, so I will stick to the basics:

Story:
if I thought that romantic animes tend to make everything that happens to those lame drama queen teenagers a matter or life or death, Kimi ni Todoke has gone overboard.
What story, by the way? Is this a story about autism? If it was so at least it would have a purpose and it would be promoting something serious.
Keyword: Misunderstanding that could have easily been avoided and even more easily been cleared from the beginning.

Art is OK, Sountrack was a bit too simplicistic and childish but pleasant.

Characters:
Should I laught or cry? There are two characters who are savable and they are Ryu and Yano. Kazehaya is only half savable. The rest is trash.
Sawako isn't just shy, she has problems. She has hallucinations. She lives in a weird limbo, I don't know. We've all had our problems when we were an awkard mess in middle school, some dealt with it better and some just couldn't cope with school mates, but when you finally emerge from the darkness and people come at you with outstretched hands, ready to start fresh like normal people, you don't just stick to your conviction that everyone hates you in face of all the evidence of the contrary.
That only means being stubborn, and Sawako is probably 99% stubborn and 150% stupid (yes I suck at math).
Oh, and another 50% tears, because there seems to be no end to the amount she can shed for no reason at all. And in the beginning? Was the start of a new friendship supposed to be this tragic? Who in the world has cried so much and reached such depths of despair for one single rumour and two people who are willing to give you the time of day? I mean, if that is how she goes about getting friends I'm curious to know how's the rest.

Enjoyment:
NO, I haven't enjoyed myself, and Sawako wouldn't have enjoyed herself either if I'd had the chance to put my hands round her neck at some points of the story. At MANY points of the story.

I feel like I have just seen a bunch of cliches stuffed together and pushed to the tenth power. Or maybe maybe maybe! Maybe this is actually the birth place of many of the cliches that you see in anime these days, the source of all evil. Maybe this is the reason Japanese people think that love is so much of a bothersome burden that if you're not driven by the most powerful and pure emotions you're not even qualified to try.
This is what I call non-educational.

P.S.: the second season is just as useless as the first one and although it LOOKS like it provides closure, it's just another one of Sawako's pointless tiny steps toward finally becoming a normal person, and I can only pity her because if that's how she goes about things then her life will just a nerve-wrecking chain of events that she can barely deal with without crying or passing out or giving herself stress-induced gastritis.

Because of this long critical article, I’ve decided to watch it myself.

I’ll let you know what I think 🤣
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Sep 4, 2023 5:45 PM

Feb 2010
I was the most hated kid in my class and sometimes I want to feel like maybe I'll find love someday too even though it's unrealistic

Excited to have more of this anime. The characters are so cute
Sep 4, 2023 7:00 PM
Mar 2020
It’s the best shoujo manga out there. Extremely wholesome, well written, the composition of the art is fantastic & it’s very well paced. All of that is rare in a romance manga. It’s top tier for a reason. MAL shoujo scores are generally low so for it to be an 8.0 is pretty good.
Sep 4, 2023 10:27 PM
Mar 2021
aryllberry said:
It’s the best shoujo manga out there. Extremely wholesome, well written, the composition of the art is fantastic & it’s very well paced. All of that is rare in a romance manga. It’s top tier for a reason. MAL shoujo scores are generally low so for it to be an 8.0 is pretty good.

Yes now hopefully ao haru ride also gets another season 😫 I want it so bad.
Sep 5, 2023 12:56 AM

Mar 2021
Don't know why, but it's the only shoujo manga that makes me feel anything.

𝓜𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝔀𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮
Sep 5, 2023 3:48 AM
Sep 2018
Eldencheese said:
Ngl I’m not a big fan of this anime like all together but it’s like a 4 but I do got to give it respect for inspiring komi can’t communicate

I didn‘t even know and both are one of my favorite mangas, I‘ve seen the similiarities but didn‘t realise that was the reason behind it.
Sep 5, 2023 3:52 AM

Jan 2013
bro forgot he lied about completing this anime lmao
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 5, 2023 8:19 AM
Dec 2021
Ok gave it a day.
Nobody gets what Kimi ni Todoke is about.

Most anime watchers nowadays just stare at the screen and don't think at all.
That's why isekais and battle shounens are the most popular thing.

Sep 5, 2023 10:24 AM
Jun 2021
It's one of those wholesome slow burn anime that is actually bearable. Doesn't drag out things for too long.
Sep 5, 2023 10:38 AM
Dec 2019
It's really cute and I enjoy the drama... in season 1 that is.
Season 2 was so disappointing
Sep 5, 2023 12:26 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to virgulatefob
It's one of those wholesome slow burn anime that is actually bearable. Doesn't drag out things for too long.
@virgulatefob
virgulatefob said:
Doesn't drag out things for too long.

lol what you mean, the whole s2 story was so dragged, the whole plot of s2 was a minsunderstanding that could have been solved with a talk and it lasted 12 eps. Understanding sawakos character i understand why it couldnt be resolved in 1 ep but cmon 12 eps was such a drag. I actually liked s1 and was planning to read the manga but s2 kill all my drive to read it.
Sep 5, 2023 12:28 PM
Mar 2022
Uruichi said:
aryllberry said:

yeah this one definitely need a sequel cuz it’s hanging.
Sep 5, 2023 12:28 PM
Mar 2022
Better than Horimidya
Sep 5, 2023 3:29 PM
Jan 2020
what is so good abou...

yes
Sep 6, 2023 5:00 AM
Mar 2023
the anime wasn't so bad at all, yes it is a slowburn but if ur not interested don't watch it...apart from it being slow it's a very nice old romantic anime w fun characters

u shud def give it a watch
Sep 6, 2023 5:02 AM
Mar 2023
virgulatefob said:

exactly it's not that bad of a romantic anime I would say it's better than horimiya cuz there ain't no whiny bitches like hori there
Sep 6, 2023 7:21 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to rin_roko_
virgulatefob said:

exactly it's not that bad of a romantic anime I would say it's better than horimiya cuz there ain't no whiny bitches like hori there
@rin_roko_ I kinda like horimiya a little more just for the cliches, but overall structure of Kimi no Todoke is better
Sep 6, 2023 11:24 PM
Jan 2021
Uruichi said:
aryllberry said:

I’d scream honestly
Sep 7, 2023 2:41 AM

Dec 2020
This was my first romance anime and ngl it was the reason why i got into the romance genre. It is so pure without all that harem shit or fanservice moments that we get in animes nowadays. The soundtracks, art and the openings, everything is just perfect. Yeah, those misunderstandings the mc and the fmc had were little annoying but the again the author portrayed it as real life problems. I LITERALLY SCREAMED IN MY CLASSROOM WHEN I GOT THE NEWS ABOUT S3.
Sep 11, 2023 11:32 PM
Feb 2018
Pin is the best character. Yeah I said it.
Sep 29, 2023 5:01 PM

Mar 2021
At least the portrayal of Sawako is very realistic for me. She has her moments, (I mean we all do) but she is an overall relatable character as someone who finds it hard to make friends and wishes to be understood. I feel like it's more realistic than Komi-san, but this never seems to get the praise that show gets.

Nov 23, 2023 9:17 AM
Dec 2018
it's really chill anime, wholesome af, when you're struggling with something just lay back and watch it
#kyoanistrong
Dec 7, 2023 4:07 PM
Apr 2021
Eldencheese said:

Not a big fan of KCC but i find it a little disrespectful to give it a 4 while it is a 7 at worst.
Jan 18, 3:01 AM
Dec 2019
Its always confusing for me when people are like "Ugh! If only Sawako would punch Kurumi! I would kill her if I was her!" or somesuch. Like, the entire point of the anime is that Sawako wins out by being a nice, mild, friendly girl. This show is pure anti-drama and the schemers always fail in it. Its fine if you think that's boring (which I kinda do) but that's the show. Making Sawako a regular selfish smelly weirdo teenager (or basically just an adult in high school) the show would not be Kimi ni Todoke.

Personally I think Kare Kano is very similar in setting and much better. It mostly has hyper-competent adultish protagonists overcoming every issue but they have a lot of human emotion and doubt.
Mar 7, 5:44 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Eldencheese
@Eldencheese lol I just couldn't finish to watch Komi, she's so meh but somehow praised without any reason, also the secondary characters are so annoying.
Apr 13, 10:18 AM

Oct 2010
it has a shy girl constantly simping for her bf, people find this very hot and cute in the same time, literally nothing happens for 30 volumes
May 17, 4:14 PM
Jan 2014
It reminded me of my own past, actually. When i was 15. I have no idea if i could rewatch this anime now, but back in the day, it threw me back into the past pretty intensely, and i will never forget it. These bitter sweet memories of the only person i ever loved. And yes, when you are 15 and experiment true love, you end up like them. For real. It is not about being laid, and it is too overwhelming to simply handle naturally. It's... hard to describe. And "Kimi ni Todoke" is the only anime that managed to pinpoint it so well. But it takes looking beyond the surface, and commitment. What is more, i have no idea if those who never had the same kind of experience as me can ever feel about this series the way i did when i watched it in 2010. If they can understand what happens in the head of the characters without them having to explain it. Actually, it can't be explained. For those who can't do that, this anime will probably feel like the most stuck up japanese romance anime you ever saw. For those who can, this may become the best romance anime you ever saw. But overall, it is more subtle, slower and much more evocative than your average romance anime. I am pretty sure the author doesn't imagine the stuff like some other authors, she probably experimented it to some degree.

I have little hope for a Season 3 though. Because i dropped the manga in 2013. What follows next is not bad. But at some point, over time, the main characters should be able to handle these new feelings and proceed. But they never quite come to a point where they can just hug or hold hands without it being an event... Now, maybe they do, at long last, but i wouldn't know since i dropped it. What is more, if they follow the manga, if my memory serves me right, a Season 3 will likely show other romances and our 2 MCs relation remaining mostly platonic. They may go for a time skip though. Hard to tell.
Nox---May 17, 4:39 PM

More topics from this board

» Why now after so long ( 1 2 )

Lonely_Ronin123 - Sep 3, 2023

51 by MKSTEEL »»
May 6, 6:46 PM

» What to expect?

epexu - Apr 27

11 by FreedomKME »»
Apr 28, 12:03 PM

» First trailer and coming this summer

Dbagas8 - Apr 3

15 by imjayhime »»
Apr 7, 6:51 PM

» Kimi ni todoke S3

Chhaya_j27 - Feb 14

3 by Mimi_Jazmin »»
Feb 15, 1:48 PM

» HYPE!!! ( 1 2 3 )

Derpyburger - Sep 3, 2023

105 by falko92 »»
Jan 13, 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.