Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2023 9:00 PM
Nov 2008
The final chapter. The epilogue notes that a treaty wasn't signed for another six months. I always assumed the war ended immediately after the series. The final moments of Athrun and Cagalli finding Kira in space are great, just like the anime. A good homage to the original Gundam's ending, but without some of the more absurd elements like Amuro telepathically talking to everyone on White Base. The only magical moment is really when Kira sees the ghost of Flay. This could be explained away as a hallucination, or it could be that his enhanced senses allow him some sort of otherworldly senses that allowed him to see her soul leaving her body and expressing how she has changed. I think the manga generally handled Flay better than the anime, and Flay is my favorite character from the anime. The way she was handled in the second half of the anime made her growth hard to follow. She is rarely seen on the other ships she is transferred to, and when she is shown, we aren't really privy to her thoughts. She is just portrayed as a damsel in distress which robs her of the agency of the manipulative sexy character from the first half of the series, who would do anything to survive. Her only important bit in the second half of the anime is delivering the floppy disk, but we don't get to see her regret over being manipulated in the same way we do in the manga. We still don't fully get a sense of why she changed her views on coordinators though. I was hoping we would see some scenes of her interacting with Yzak or anyone other than Rau among the Zaft forces. The scene where Zaft kidnaps her was so truncated we don't get to directly see how Rau even got her, and we never get the scene where Flay calls him daddy. In the anime, I thought this meant she was latching onto him as a new father figure, but in Japan, Rau and George Allster have the same voice actor. Is there any reason behind this? I was hoping the manga might explain, but they just dropped this plot point entirely.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Chapter 24 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Jun 24, 2023

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Jun 24, 2023 8:50 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Chapter 23 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Jun 24, 2023

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Jun 24, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Chapter 22 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Jun 24, 2023

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Jun 24, 2023 8:35 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Chapter 21 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Jun 24, 2023

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Jun 24, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Chapter 20 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Jun 24, 2023

0 by jonnjonzz »»
Jun 24, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.