Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2022 5:06 AM

Mar 2022
New key visual just dropped so will we actually be getting a proper ending to the anime because the new title reads "The Final Chapter Begins"?
Dec 7, 2022 11:23 AM
Mar 2020
All of the movies so far have been filler, so idk tbh. Afaik there’s no new on this topic so far.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 7, 2022 1:55 PM
Oct 2016
I hope so ending of the manga is so good
Dec 7, 2022 5:44 PM

Dec 2021
The idea of City Hunter having a proper end is like the idea of Lupin III having a proper end, it just doesn't jive well with me.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 16, 2022 11:18 AM
Dec 2021
I hope not, as long as it not takes Angel Heart's spin-off way
Dec 18, 2022 3:26 AM

Mar 2022
GudasPhemba1 said:

Nope it won't take up Angel Heart's story this much I'm sure
Feb 21, 2023 12:03 PM
May 2015

Looks like it's adapting the manga's final arc.

Feb 21, 2023 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
The subtitle reads as Angel Dust, even though the kanji reads as Angel's Tear (Tenshi no Namida)
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/513837

Lupin III and Tama & Friends characters appearing in the movie
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/538843
tsubasaloverAug 29, 2023 9:28 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 2, 2023 5:02 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
All of the movies so far have been filler, so idk tbh. Afaik there’s no new on this topic so far.

Original content is not always same as filler.
DfoprMar 2, 2023 5:21 AM
Mar 2, 2023 5:05 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:

Original content is not considered filler.

Original content not created by the author is filler.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Mar 2, 2023 5:14 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
Dfopr said:

Original content is not considered filler.

Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series, not for movies. Movies with original content are referred as non-canon, not as fillers.
Mar 2, 2023 5:23 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:

Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series, not for movies. Movies with original content are referred as non-canon, not as fillers.

Filler and non canon are both things that didn’t happen in the original source. As you say, ppl use the differently yet it has the same meaning. It’s also not officially written on paper as a term to describe series and not movies. Hence I used simply either non canon or simply filler. Not both. Ppl can understand what I mean by mentioning just one, so I don’t what’s wrong when calling a movie, filler. I’m pretty sure you get what I mean as well.
MeVikeMar 2, 2023 5:26 AM

Mar 2, 2023 5:28 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
Dfopr said:

Filler and non canon are both things that didn’t happen in the original source. As you say, ppl use the differently yet it has the same meaning. It’s also not officially written on paper as a term to describe series and not movies. Hence I used simply either non canon or simply filler. Not both. Ppl can understand what I mean by mentioning just one, so I don’t what’s wrong when calling a movie, filler. I’m pretty sure you get what I mean as well.

Coping explanation  instead of admitting your mistake,what a surprise.

For the true explanation what is a filler and how it's used https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Filler
Mar 2, 2023 5:37 AM
Mar 2020
……………………
MeVikeMar 2, 2023 5:41 AM

Mar 2, 2023 5:40 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:

For the true explanation what is a filler and how it's used https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Filler

Your link describes what filler episodes are. Where does it say that Filler is only used for episodes and movie are all non canon? That same post literally says filler is an extension that’s not used in the original source. Guess what non canon is?
Another thing. When describing a moment in anime, ppl will use the word non canon to mean that it doesn’t exist in the original source. As I said, provide official statements that filler is only used for series and non canon is only used for movies.

You’re just trying to be a smartass but it’s not working for you. If you don’t provide me with an actual term (like a dictionary)and not something written on a web by ppl no different than us, then stop wasting my time. If you can provide me an official term which says non canon is only used for movies and filler for series, then I’ll figure out that I’ve been ignorant on this matter, admit my mistake and move on.

Mar 2, 2023 5:50 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
Dfopr said:

Your link describes what filler episodes are. Where does it say that Filler is only used for episodes and movie are all non canon? That same post literally says filler is an extension that’s not used in the original source. Guess what non canon is?
Another thing. When describing a moment in anime, ppl will use the word non canon to mean that it doesn’t exist in the original source. As I said,  official statements that filler is only used for series and non canon is only used for movies.

You’re just trying to be a smartass but it’s not working for you. If you don’t provide me with an actual term (like a dictionary)and not something written on a web by ppl no different than us, then stop wasting my time. If you can provide me an official term which says non canon is only used for movies and filler for series, then I’ll figure out that I’ve been ignorant on this matter, admit my mistake and move on.

Since you are so ignoant and slow let me quote explnation from the link 

" Filler has a few defining aspects, but the biggest is lack of series momentum, meaning the episode can be safely ignored without the audience missing out on any important information to the series. And if there is any pertinent new info, it tends to be a single plot point that can be adequately summed up in a short sentence with zero elaboration"

That is  the exact opposite of non-canon material from movies
And  if we go by your coping  we would call the original content episodes of Trigun filler yet nobody does that becuase  these episodes yet are non-canon they actually advance the story so they can'tbe called filler In other words, non canon content is not always filler.

Mar 2, 2023 5:59 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:

Another thing. When describing a moment in anime, ppl will use the word non canon to mean that it doesn’t exist in the original source. As I said,  official statements that filler is only used for series and non canon is only used for movies.

" Filler has a few defining aspects, but the biggest is lack of series momentum, meaning the episode can be safely ignored without the audience missing out on any important information to the series. And if there is any pertinent new info, it tends to be a single plot point that can be adequately summed up in a short sentence with zero elaboration"

And  if we go by your coping  we would call the original content episodes of Trigun filler yet nobody does that becuase  these episodes yet are non-canon they actually advance the story so they can'tbe called filler In other words, non canon content is not always filler.

You really aren’t getting it are you. I already read that. But that’s not your point at all. You said “movies are strictly categorized as non canon”
yet you fail to provide me where in the dictionary is stated that movies are strictly non canon.

I called the movie filler, because that’s what I call scenes episodes, movies etc. that are not in the original source or haven’t been created by the author. Guess what? Non canon is basically that. Scenes moments episodes movies that aren’t in the original source or haven’t been created by the author.

Now are you gonna show me what I want and then I’ll admit I’ve had it wrong, or are you gonna keep showing me some random explanations about the difference of fillers in series as opposed to movies. It’s funny how you’re just quoting what a random person on the internet to argue with another random person on the internet.

Now I’m not saying you’re wrong. You actually might be right, but that’s the thing. Show me what i asked so I can finally know that I’m wrong and stop straying from your initial point.

Mar 2, 2023 6:07 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
Dfopr said:

You really aren’t getting it are you. I already read that. But that’s not your point at all. You said “movies are strictly categorized as non canon”
yet you fail to provide me where in the dictionary is stated that movies are strictly non canon.

I called the movie filler, because that’s what I call scenes episodes, movies etc. that are not in the original source or haven’t been created by the author. Guess what? Non canon is basically that. Scenes moments episodes movies that aren’t in the original source or haven’t been created by the author.

Now are you gonna show me what I want and then I’ll admit I’ve had it wrong, or are you gonna keep showing me some random explanations about the difference of fillers in series as opposed to movies. It’s funny how you’re just quoting what a random person on the internet to argue with another random person on the internet.

Now I’m not saying you’re wrong. You actually might be right, but that’s the thing. Show me what i asked so I can finally know that I’m wrong and stop straying from your initial point.

So much coping yet nothing new to say.
Mar 2, 2023 6:12 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:

So much coping yet nothing new to say.

I don’t get bro, honestly. I’m literally saying I might be wrong about it, so show me the facts so I can also enlighten other ppl like me, yet you don’t show anything like that. I literally don’t mind being wrong, as it would mean that I learned something new. Can it be that you really have nothing to show? because you can’t find anything where it says that for movies, only the term non canon is used.

Mar 2, 2023 6:20 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
You said “movies are strictly categorized as non canon”

I didn't say that.  I said " Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series, not for movies. Movies with original content are referred as non-canon, not as fillers. " There is a difference in meaniing.  You can't  even understand what's said right and misquote me to prove yourself right.

Mar 2, 2023 6:24 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:
You said “movies are strictly categorized as non canon”

I didn't say that.  I said " Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series, not for movies. Movies with original content are referred as non-canon, not as fillers. " There is a difference in meaniing.  You can't  even understand what's said right and misquote me to prove yourself right.

Bro think. If filler is strictly used for series, then that means that for movies only non canon is used. Sure, I might not have a photographic memory, but that’s the same thing. Show me where’s it stated that non canon is only for movies and filler is only for series. In the end, it’s the same dilemma. So pls stop wasting my time going around the question and actually enlighten me.

Mar 2, 2023 6:44 AM
Mar 2023
MeVike said:
Dfopr said:

Bro think. If filler is strictly used for series, then that means that for movies only non canon is used. Sure, I might not have a photographic memory, but that’s the same thing. Show me where’s it stated that non canon is only for movies and filler is only for series. In the end, it’s the same dilemma. So pls stop wasting my time going around the question and actually enlighten me.

Again with thecoping. Anime original content could be used referring to movies saying "  Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series, not for movies. "  does not mean  " then that means that for movies only non canon is used."

And here is tbhe ultimate site for fillers https://www.animefillerlist.com/ and if you happen to read the explanation  on the front page you would see it pretty much supports my saying of " Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series,"  Not to mention, there is no movies whatsoever on the site in addition to series

Mar 2, 2023 7:02 AM
Mar 2020
………… (edit error)

Mar 2, 2023 7:03 AM
Mar 2020
Dfopr said:
MeVike said:

Again with thecoping. Anime original content could be used referring to movies saying "  Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series, not for movies. "  does not mean  " then that means that for movies only non canon is used."

And here is tbhe ultimate site for fillers https://www.animefillerlist.com/ and if you happen to read the explanation  on the front page you would see it pretty much supports my saying of " Filler is a term strictly used for episodes of a series,"  Not to mention, there is no movies whatsoever on the site in addition to series

You can’t use anime original content when referring to non canon as I’m pretty sure you know very well that anime original content isn’t always non canon. If the author who created the original source, works on that anime original content, then that anime original content is automatically canon and can’t be referred to as non canon. A good example of that is DBS anime who is different to the dbs manga, but considering that Toriyama worked on the anime, it means it’s canon. The dbs manga came after, but yet again, Toriyama also worked on it so it’s canon.

A better explanation would be with aot. In the manga Eren never had the dream in episode 1, yet in the anime Eren had a dream. The dream was incorporated by Isayama himself, which makes that anime original content, canon.

So my point still stands.

As for the filler

"Filler” refers to story in an Anime that was not in the Manga. These are created because Anime production usually outpaces the Manga.”

That’s what anime filler list said about filler which you told me to read.

Now let me ask you, where does it mention anything about series or episodes in that quote? It only mentions anime (which can also be a movie) and story (which can also be a movie), which clearly further backs my point. That animefillerlist wasn’t correct on something though. They say that filler happens because the anime production usually outpaces the manga” But we have filler episodes or moments in episodes that aren’t in the manga. And those manga had finished long before the anime started. So the correct quote should be “filler are USUALLY”
Irrelevant to our topic, but I thought I should let you know on that, which shows that even animefiller list doesn’t have a real take. As I said, nothing like a dictionary.

You clearly aren’t showing me anything that I want to know and always keep going around the question. Just say that you can’t find it and that’s it. I’m not gonna reply to a unproductive discussion anymore, especially when the other party keeps overusing “cope” yet won’t show any proof.

So I’m gonna end it here.

Before I go though. If you ever find what I’m wanting to know, then please do paste the link to me as I’m genuinely curious. Don’t bother replying if you didn’t though as you’ll only get my hopes up for nothing and I’ll have to see your “cope” again.
MeVikeMar 2, 2023 7:07 AM

Jul 3, 2023 7:06 AM

Feb 2011
@Daviljoe193 How come you hate ecchi but love City Hunter?
Jul 3, 2023 1:22 PM

Dec 2021
Tiosar said:

Because City Hunter isn't an ecchi anime. It's not using up precious screen time trying to give the viewer a boner like an actual ecchi anime would.

Outside of Midori no Hibi, there isn't a single ecchi anime I've watched that focuses on having a good plot, and they've always been too focused on "wuoh it's almost hentai hehe", which is why my bio says that I hate ecchi as a whole. I'm open to watching whatever it takes to change my stance on this (No really, give me suggestions, maybe I'll change my stance if they're not just soft-core hentai), but so far, I've only seen one ecchi that isn't just "tehe I gave viewer-kun a boner".
Daviljoe193Jul 3, 2023 1:30 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jul 3, 2023 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
Daviljoe193 said:
Tiosar said:

Because City Hunter isn't an ecchi anime. It's not using up precious screen time trying to give the viewer a boner like an actual ecchi anime would.

Outside of Midori no Hibi, there isn't a single ecchi anime I've watched that focuses on having a good plot, and they've always been too focused on "wuoh it's almost hentai hehe", which is why my bio says that I hate ecchi as a whole. I'm open to watching whatever it takes to change my stance on this (No really, give me suggestions, maybe I'll change my stance if they're not just soft-core hentai), but so far, I've only seen one ecchi that isn't just "tehe I gave viewer-kun a boner".

I view ecchi as an eye candy aesthetic. One of the main focuses of City Hunter were various kinds of attractive ladies protagonist interacted with, it had a lot of spicy shots and sexual humor, thus I consider it to be ecchi. But going by MyAnimeList standard is fair too, I suppose.

For recommendations, let's see...

Golden Boy
This one is similar to City Hunter in terms of art style and protagonist's personality, however, it lacks CH's seriousness, so it might not end up to your liking in the end. Still, it's relatively short, so it might be worth giving it a try.

Mushoku Tensei
Some of MT's themes and story elements might not be for everybody, but them aside this is the best anime set in a fantasy world I've ever seen.

Koe de Oshigoto! and Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
If you don't mind learning about the industry and otaku culture.

Bastard!!
If you're into metal music and retro style in a modern wrapper you might end up appreciating this one.

No Game No Life
This one is 50/50. If you don't like "OP" characters and over the top developments it's better not to bother with it.
Jul 3, 2023 2:10 PM

Dec 2021
Tiosar said:
Daviljoe193 said:

I view ecchi as an eye candy aesthetic. One of the main focuses of City Hunter were various kinds of attractive ladies protagonist interacted with, it had a lot of spicy shots and sexual humor, thus I consider it to be ecchi. But going by MyAnimeList standard is fair too, I suppose.

Golden Boy
This one is similar to City Hunter in terms of art style and protagonist's personality, however, it lacks CH's seriousness, so it might not end up to your liking in the end. Still, it's relatively short, so it might be worth giving it a try.

Mushoku Tensei
Some of MT's themes and story elements might not be for everybody, but them aside this is the best anime set in a fantasy world I've ever seen.

Bastard!!
If you're into metal music and retro style in a modern wrapper you might end up appreciating this one.

No Game No Life
This one is 50/50. If you don't like "OP" characters and over the top developments it's better not to bother with it.

I was worried about having started a flame war or something after seeing the reply notification, especially with how crass I was about my opinions on ecchi. Thank you for the civil response, and I will make sure to check out those anime recommendations.

It wouldn't be the first time that a few suggestions changed my hardline opinions on something. That'd be Toei, a studio I held the opinion of being the worst studio ever since I started watching anime, until I dug through enough bad anime to find some actually good Toei anime, like Jigoku Sensei Nube, Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken, and the 2018 Gegege no Kitaro, which are now some of my favorite anime of all time, not just from Toei, but in general.
Daviljoe193Jul 3, 2023 2:18 PM
Jul 3, 2023 2:37 PM

Feb 2011
Daviljoe193 said:
Tiosar said:

Golden Boy

Mushoku Tensei

Bastard!!

No Game No Life

I was worried about having started a flame war or something after seeing the reply notification, especially with how crass I was about my opinions on ecchi. Thank you for the civil response, and I will make sure to check out those anime recommendations.

It wouldn't be the first time that a few suggestions changed my hardline opinions on something. That'd be Toei, a studio I held the opinion of being the worst studio ever since I started watching anime, until I dug through enough bad anime to find some actually good Toei anime, like Jigoku Sensei Nube, Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken, and the 2018 Gegege no Kitaro, which are now some of my favorite anime of all time, not just from Toei, but in general.
We're all entitled to our own opinions and preferences in hobbies, so I don't see a reason to get offended by your statement. I hope at least some of the titles I've mentioned will end up to your liking, but if not I'm sorry for wasting your time.
Sep 7, 2023 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
I hope so because the last episode was completely unclear for me. Was that Kaoris real son?
I don't think there will ever be a proper ending and I am not sure I would want one either because it would end up with Ryo dead.
Sep 10, 2023 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
Reply to GudasPhemba1
@GudasPhemba1 so Kaori didn't die as in the case of Angel Heart? For a Manga to have a good ending, it should mean that Kaori is alive in Manga till the end. Help me by clearing my doubts. I haven't read Manga...only Anime. Tnx.
Jan 26, 8:27 AM

May 2021
Reply to Haneken2086

Looks like it's adapting the manga's final arc.

@Haneken2086 Huh... guess it's time for me to binge watch City Hunter
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol

More topics from this board

» Netflix plans live-action City Hunter film

Haneken2086 - Dec 18, 2022

12 by Haneken2086 »»
May 7, 3:07 PM

» can i watch this without seeing any of city hunter?

DerpySven - Mar 6

4 by cloud3299 »»
Mar 7, 4:02 AM

» Is this a sequel or stand-alone??

DigiCat - Feb 15

0 by DigiCat »»
Feb 15, 2:48 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Movie: Tenshi no Namida Episode 1 Discussion

Tatsunami - Sep 15, 2023

2 by JlamServant »»
Nov 25, 2023 6:01 AM

» The Mokorri man is back

removed-user - Apr 9, 2022

36 by 0Unknown0 »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.