Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2022 1:30 AM
Feb 2020
Don't get me wrong here, I really loved the movie and it's been a few years since I last saw it. But I only saw it once and was heartbroken. Other anime movies I watched multiple times except this one. The ending is just so sad and completely unexpected, you kinda expect it to happen but not the way it did. Even to this day I don't feel I completely healed from it and it's the only movie I refuse to watch it again even though I loved it so much. Does anyone also feel like this?
Jul 21, 2022 1:36 AM
Mar 2022
dmdm597 said:
Don't get me wrong here, I really loved the movie and it's been a few years since I last saw it. But I only saw it once and was heartbroken. Other anime movies I watched multiple times except this one. The ending is just so sad and completely unexpected, you kinda expect it to happen but not the way it did. Even to this day I don't feel I completely healed from it and it's the only movie I refuse to watch it again even though I loved it so much. Does anyone also feel like this?

for me , it's grave of the fireflies.....I don't have the guts to rewatch it
Jul 21, 2022 1:42 AM

Aug 2018
Totally understandable. I rhink those movies hit the biggest the first time you watch them. I don’t think I would rewatch too.
Jul 21, 2022 1:52 AM
Mar 2022
I watched it more than twice
Jul 21, 2022 2:13 AM
Sep 2020
I've had the opposite effect. I had to rewatch it several times, read the manga and the novel to come to terms with it
Jul 21, 2022 2:48 AM
Aug 2020
yup me too...... my mood gets all sentimental when i think about this movie..... so i stopped thinking about it and rewatching is kinda out of the question
Cant think of a signature
Jul 21, 2022 3:15 AM
Feb 2022
but ending was good(ATLEAST FOR ME ) that's the reason I've watched it more than 10 times.
Jul 21, 2022 3:15 AM
Mar 2022
It gave me depression for one month …. No guts to watch it again
Jul 21, 2022 3:33 AM

May 2021
Yeah....It was kinda artificial with the romance tho
Jul 21, 2022 4:35 AM
Feb 2020
El_Professor07 said:
but ending was good(ATLEAST FOR ME ) that's the reason I've watched it more than 10 times.
I thought about the ending more after watching and I've also come to the conclusion that ending was the best option for the movie, it's the shock from it that keeps the movie relevant to this day and keeps us talking about it. But it's still a shocking and heartbreaking ending.
Jul 21, 2022 4:37 AM
May 2022
dmdm597 said:

same bro I feel ya just don't do what I did ( look at my bio for context) this resulted in me not being able to watch anime for a month but after watching some light hearted shows like blend s there was now the possibility of my heart being fixed
Jul 21, 2022 5:17 AM
Jun 2021
As I admit it very highly every time & I will do it again - I am a very big KNSWT fanboy & it is the best thing I have ever seen in this genre - anime

I have rewatched it more than a dozen times and everytime it just breaks me even more but still I love it to the core of my heart
Jul 21, 2022 5:18 AM
Apr 2022
dmdm597 said:
same until now i still feeling heartbroken
Jul 21, 2022 5:19 AM
Oct 2021
I have this with every anime that made me cry. I just can't watch it again, it won't have the same effect, because I already know what's going to happen. And I don't want to be in pain again while watching it without being able to cry because it doesn't hit as hard as the first time. And yeah I agree with you. I'm NEVER rewatching this. It's so good and the ending made me sad for too long.
Jul 21, 2022 5:53 AM
Feb 2022
unrelates question. but who's on your profile?
Jul 21, 2022 5:56 AM
Apr 2022
yes it is sad and I do not wish to see it again
Jul 21, 2022 6:00 AM
Apr 2022
me too. also who else thinks Sakura’s ex boyfriend stabbed her?
Jul 21, 2022 6:00 AM
Apr 2022
Mattisnotaweeb said:
unrelates question. but who's on your profile?

joker from persona 5
Jul 21, 2022 7:06 AM
Mar 2021
but you've already seen and know what happens, it's not gonna be unexpected like the first time you've seen. I gave the show a 10 but if I were to rewatch it, it just wouldn't hit. but hey, people are different, so you can decide whether your ready to rewatch it
Jul 21, 2022 7:16 AM
May 2022
zero_uchiha said:
dmdm597 said:

same here , grave of fireflies is most depressing anime i have seen till now 😢, and there's no way i can withstand a re-watch
Jul 21, 2022 7:17 AM
Feb 2020
SM_Anime said:
but you've already seen and know what happens, it's not gonna be unexpected like the first time you've seen. I gave the show a 10 but if I were to rewatch it, it just wouldn't hit. but hey, people are different, so you can decide whether your ready to rewatch it
I agree, if I rewatched it I would know what is going to happen, but the thing that makes me not want to watch this again is the scene in it self, it's just too painful even knowing what's going to happen. I've watched Your Name countless of times, I know the whole plot but I still enjoy it. This one if I think about rewatching it I just think of the ending and how painful it is and I don't have the guts to do it.
Jul 21, 2022 7:31 AM
Mar 2021
dmdm597 said:
SM_Anime said:
I agree, if I rewatched it I would know what is going to happen, but the thing that makes me not want to watch this again is the scene in it self, it's just too painful even knowing what's going to happen. I've watched Your Name countless of times, I know the whole plot but I still enjoy it. This one if I think about rewatching it I just think of the ending and how painful it is and I don't have the guts to do it.

damn your the exact opposite as me. I tried watching your name after exactly 1yr (like an anniversary) and it just felt so boring that I was tempted to lower the rating I give it. thas why I only watch clips or scenes from shows/movies i enjoy so i only rewatch the gems of that show (Fmab and silent voice being big examples of this for me).
Jul 21, 2022 7:34 AM
Feb 2020
SM_Anime said:
dmdm597 said:

damn your the exact opposite as me. I tried watching your name after exactly 1yr (like an anniversary) and it just felt so boring that I was tempted to lower the rating I give it. thas why I only watch clips or scenes from shows/movies i enjoy so i only rewatch the gems of that show (Fmab and silent voice being big examples of this for me).
Silent Voice is my favorite anime movie of all time and it's definitely the one I rewatched the most, and still can make me cry.
Jul 21, 2022 8:29 AM
Sep 2020
dmdm597 said:

same for me I can't bear the ending
Jul 21, 2022 8:32 AM
Feb 2022
zero_uchiha said:
dmdm597 said:

THE SAME GOES TO ME. I CAN'T WATCH IT TO.

HELLP ME
Jul 21, 2022 8:57 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
damn i need to rewatch this i want to remember the feeling i felt when i saw for the first time. thanks for the reminder<3
Jul 21, 2022 9:43 AM
Mar 2021
no i get it this movie is just to traumatizing for me and broke me literally
Jul 21, 2022 11:00 AM
Jun 2022
Me too kid , mee too.., I cried the hell lot.., and I will be broken completely if I rewatch it again.., my mind wants to rewatch it, my body and heart says nope.., it’s like seeing close one die ., and leaving them to rest in peace ..
Jul 21, 2022 12:11 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah it just left me with this empty feeling. Like the suddenness just felt unfair. Fuck this movie HURT ME...

10/10
Jul 21, 2022 2:21 PM
Jun 2021
dmdm597 said:

dint feel a thing 💀
it was expected she clearly wasent gona die by her disease cuz that would make the series' worse with the most generic ending possible so i thought the ending was expected
Jul 21, 2022 2:26 PM

Nov 2020
not Going to rewatch cause I thought it was kinda shit. It have the same concept as 100 other romance movies.If u want to watch a good drama sol then I would recommend watching violet evergarden if u havent watched it yet. It is 100x more better then this average 5/10 movie.

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 21, 2022 7:23 PM
Nov 2021
I’ve watched it 3 times and each time at the end I (a stone faced god) cried like a little bitch. I love this movie it’s my favourite anime movie but damn they really did her and everyone like that
Jul 21, 2022 9:12 PM

Sep 2021
Oh same, this movie and the ending was just so painful I don’t think I could ever rewatch it. And I kind of want to preserve that memory of when I watched it the first time, if that makes sense?

Even after it was revealed that Sakura passed away, I was holding it together. But then Yamauchi’s mother giving Haruki permission to cry at the very end absolutely and immediately broke me; it felt like she was giving us (the audience) permission to cry too. So I just completely lost it and let out all of my feelings… It’s absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time, but I don’t think I’ll ever watch it again. For how hard it made me cry with that one moment- it really feels too special for a rewatch. I’m a natural crier, I’ll cry at just about anything lol, but even I wasn’t prepared for how hard this movie hit me. :3

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jul 22, 2022 3:25 AM
Mar 2022
I alr forgot the ending 💀
Jul 22, 2022 9:33 AM
Mar 2020
yeah I really feel the same way. But I watched the live action of I want to eat your pancreas... It was sad. I really love this movie but I hate it at the same time because how tragic it is.
Jul 22, 2022 12:08 PM
Jul 2022
DracosAnime97 said:
I alr forgot the ending 💀

Bruhhhhhhh howwwww it’s depressing
Jul 22, 2022 2:17 PM
Aug 2021
dmdm597 said:

For me i dont wanna rewatch cuz i didnt like it. Probably bcoz i got spoiled for it so it ruins my experience watching it
Jul 26, 2022 4:23 PM
Jan 2022
Literally rewatched it last night
Aug 4, 2022 2:41 AM
Jul 2022
dmdm597 said:

I feel the same. I don’t wanna rewatch this movie, too :(
Aug 13, 2022 3:09 AM

May 2022
I don't think I could rewatch this or a silent voice in the near future.
1.I usually don't rewatch stuff as theres a lot of stuff I have not seen
2.These are probably the 2 most emotionally draining movies.
Aug 13, 2022 3:12 AM
Aug 2018
hm, i enjoyed rewatching it
Nov 8, 2022 6:01 AM
Mar 2022
not gonna watch it again ever
had me in depression for 3-4 weeks
Jan 9, 2023 2:49 AM
Feb 2022
dmdm597 said:

Ye, I can never rewatch an anime that made my cry because it’s the only thing you can think of. I love I want to eat your Pancreas, but it’s impossible for me to sit through it again knowing what will happen and how it will effect me for months.
Feb 12, 2023 2:45 AM
Feb 2023
emotional damage 😭💔
Feb 28, 2023 7:29 PM
Oct 2021
When I first found out about this movie I didn’t wanna watch it cause I didn’t feel like getting all depressed and shit, went into it expecting to be upset and the way they end it just blew that out of the water.
May 3, 2023 12:00 PM
Jan 2021
I avoided it till today cuz I didn't have the guy to watch, knowing she will die and i regret, cuz i cried a lot
May 3, 2023 12:24 PM

Sep 2014
I refuse to rewatch it because it was pretty bad.
Jul 3, 2023 12:26 PM
Jul 2023
this movie is something that helped me know the true meaning of many things.🖤
Apr 17, 11:58 AM
Jan 2013
Yes. Clannad After story. NEVER AGAIN.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Sep 1, 2018

371 by thatDelta »»
Jun 11, 12:00 PM

» Am I the only one not feeling any attachment to Sakura, making the whole movie less sad?

griddyweeb - May 21

23 by Ronnieboi6980 »»
Jun 10, 7:44 PM

» *SPOILER* did anyone cry in this movie? ( 1 2 )

ichigo23sterling - Apr 11, 2021

93 by Bruh69XD »»
Jun 4, 5:55 PM

» That video game song

Masta_Don - May 9

4 by Masta_Don »»
May 11, 3:12 PM

» Please explain me the ending (Spoilers)

Anime_lover_2004 - May 8, 2020

16 by Atsunome »»
Jan 11, 5:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.