Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2022 5:22 PM

Sep 2017
The VN is avaiable at https://store.steampowered.com/app/897220/Summer_Pockets/

Do you think the studio will adapt it faithfully?

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Jan 12, 2022 12:30 AM
Jan 2022
The real question is will they include the 4 new routes from the reflection blue in the anime or it's just the old 4 routes?
Well whatever I'm not expecting to much from the anime since most of key anime adaptations sucks, look at rewrite anime for example it was a mistake
Jan 12, 2022 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
TomatoSempai said:
The VN is avaiable at https://store.steampowered.com/app/897220/Summer_Pockets/

Do you think the studio will adapt it faithfully?
creators of Clannad and Angel Beats. Already lost interest. While I loved those two but Rewrite and Little Busters, not so much
Jan 15, 2022 1:38 AM
Mar 2019
personally, i feel like they just don't make their series long enough to incorporate all the thing that they need to make it a great anime, often skipping out on important parts or rushing the plot to make it fit within a 13 episode anime. the ones where they didn't do this they turned out to be great! like clannad or kanon. so if they can just take their time with it this time then i would be happy.
Jan 15, 2022 4:32 PM
Oct 2015
Played the VN. It was fine(?). Months later I only remember that it had a huge emphasis on summer nostalgia, which was its strongest feat. It also was their most polished game (in terms of art), but except for that it repeats so many story beats from other key stuff it's ridiculous. It also attempts to do something sad... multiple times, but yeah... no.
Kamomes story is the only thing in the game that I found decent and I may look how they will adapt that, but I dont really care for much else. Before that it would be good to know which studio will even take care of it. That will be a big determiner on what we can and can't expect from the Anime.
Jan 18, 2022 9:30 AM

Feb 2018
No idea, I don't mind having 13 episodes or 1 season or anything no problem with that and also I didn't expect the studio to summarize the story or anything. I just wanted to

Jan 23, 2022 3:46 PM
Mar 2021
Until we get a studio all hopes of this being good are down the drain. Ever since Little busters, they've been letting weak studios handle the adaptations and they've turned out terrible.
rewrite one of my fav stories of all time was butchered, you even killed the ending by removing one of the most important scenes, like WTH are you trying to make it bad.

I'm guessing it's going to be another budget project with a poor studio and 13 eps at most, would be over the moon if they prove me wrong since I love key. I only got into anime because the first thing i decided to watch was Clannad and after story and that's what hooked me.
Feb 6, 2022 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
Please, I hope the studio is Kyoto Animation. PA Works does Jun Maeda and Key no good
Feb 16, 2022 8:33 PM
Dec 2020
I really hope they do well with it, I did really enjoy the VN when I played it
Apr 6, 2022 10:11 AM
Apr 2017
hard to say at the current state. It would be great if they could work with Kyoto Animation like in the old days. I mean they pretty much made for each other if you ask me.
May 17, 2022 12:32 AM

May 2015
Hopefully it's good. I'll watch anything that comes from Key, even if it is another Rewrite.
Jun 13, 2022 1:59 AM

Aug 2019
I feel like it'd be relatively much easier to adapt than their other VN's. As long as it gets the full 24 episodes then we're good. Any less and we should start doubting the anime.
Jun 21, 2022 4:11 PM

Jun 2014
As long as they pace it properly with a relatively decent animation and direction it will be alright. It's far from being Key best work but it's not bad per se, just a little unoriginal and lacking in impact.

As long as they do the common route well I'll relatively enjoy it. I really wished they did Little busters and Rewrite common route well man, they were an absolute blast.

Also give it more than 25 episode. Please.
Aug 2, 2022 3:31 PM

Feb 2020
The synopsis seems quite interesting.
Feb 23, 2023 11:20 AM
Jan 2023
I would like to hope so but it will be difficult. Due to how the events occur each route tends to start off slow and build up. It involves a lot of every day very basic life / interactions such as Shiroha's or Ao's routes. It may seem trivial but the impact of these repetitive actions and minor meetings actually adds a lot of value due to human psychology that many wouldn't realize. I can't see them doing these sections justice to be completely honest.

Also adapting a route like Ao's faithfully just seems... both unlikely and challenging compared to cutting corners and modifying content, which would be unfortunate because there are so many nuances in her route you don't see in some others that really make Ao and her route the surprising gem it turns out to be.

I have to also wonder how they will handle presenting Umi, in particular.
Syureria said:
No idea, I don't mind having 13 episodes or 1 season or anything no problem with that and also I didn't expect the studio to summarize the story or anything. I just wanted to

To be fair

More topics from this board

» The announcement was just a prank bro?

DoggywithRem - Nov 20, 2022

9 by DoggywithRem »»
Apr 9, 5:00 PM

» Anime - Visual Novel Discussion Thread. (Spoilers)

Tennouji - Jul 16, 2022

16 by Syureria »»
Sep 1, 2023 2:53 AM

» Looks like we need to wait for a while

_anixia - Dec 31, 2022

6 by _anixia »»
Jan 4, 2023 4:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.