New
Feb 2, 2008 5:49 PM

Nov 2007
what is your favorite yuri ,cuz i might find a yuri i havent watched yet
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2008 6:12 PM

Nov 2004
well my favorite yuri-ish is my-hime, but the actual yuri in it isn't too extreme xD
Feb 2, 2008 6:19 PM

Jul 2007
One of my favourite is Simoun, and you should really try it: the story at first is a bit difficult to follow, because they use specific terms that you have to get used to, but after two or three episodes you'll understand their world and learn to love it =)

Feb 3, 2008 12:08 PM

Apr 2007
Kannazuki no Miko & Strawberry Panic!

Both alot of love between girls.
Feb 3, 2008 9:48 PM

Oct 2007
Argh I find it really hard to choose! =^^= So i'll divide the ones I liked the most.
On sheer drama and entertainment value i'd say Strawberry Panic and Mai-Hime... although mai-hime took the term 'Yoronde' to a new extreme.

Kannazuki no miko - hand's down I loved it~! the plot holes are a little extravagent but the characters were so moving and ... well I cried, not just a little. I mean fully sooky wailing >.<

And although this show has the least yuri out of all of them...i'm a hardcore Maria-Sama ga Miteru lover! <3

also @ Lynx - I recently watched Simoun and really enjoyed it. Iv'e watched a bunch of dissapointing shows lately and Simoun really raised the bar (again) with depth and plot, Although the ending was a little - well I won't spoil but it wasn't what I really wanted :P
Feb 3, 2008 9:49 PM

May 2007
I haven't watched a lot, but Strawberry Panic! is my top favorite so far. ^^
Feb 3, 2008 9:57 PM

Jul 2007
Fallow said:
also @ Lynx - I recently watched Simoun and really enjoyed it. Iv'e watched a bunch of dissapointing shows lately and Simoun really raised the bar (again) with depth and plot, Although the ending was a little - well I won't spoil but it wasn't what I really wanted :P

Oh, I know - I too wanted a different ending. I was happy with what they showed us, but part of me will still wish for more. Sometimes I think I'm really hard to please; I mean, there was plenty of kisses, right? But I wanted more XD

Feb 3, 2008 10:06 PM

Oct 2007
Lol! no you're not hard to please, I think the ending just needed closure! I can see how romantic it was but I felt other character relationships weren't resolved very well. Wrapped up too quickly IMO. Lol most of those kisses were purely to power those ships on Girl Love XD
Feb 3, 2008 11:59 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, that's what I felt too: they started as only means with which do their job, but as far as romantic kisses, I don't know if I can identify one. Maybe it's still difficult to show those kind of kisses, even in a yuri series, who knows.
Well, it's still a great series, where I loved the character development: you can see the change each of them did over the course of the episodes, and it was plenty justified. Too bad it's underrated, it'd deserve a bit more glory among the few yuri shows.

Feb 5, 2008 1:34 AM

Oct 2007
I think there was one or two, I'll have to re-watch it now! lol
oh btw, what exactly was the relationship between Limone and Dominura? It seemed a little Loli to me :/
I don't think it's the fact that it's underrated, just not mainstream enough as Strawberry Panic or Nanoha etc.
btw - Newtype a couple of months ago did a few pages on it's English dub release. They made the ENTIRE story all about Parietta and kaimu(..sp?) which this show is not about. At all. It could have at least been written by someone familiar with the show lol, even then PariettaxNeveril would have been more deserving...
Feb 7, 2008 10:47 AM
Nov 2007
At this point I would say Blue Drop for yuri and Maria-sama for shoujo-ai. ^_^
Feb 7, 2008 2:12 PM

Jul 2007
Oh, and another series I'd like to point out (and I always feel like I'm the only one even considering it >.>): Re:Cutie Honey. It's short, it's crazy, it's fanservice-y, but god is it satisfing! Nacchan and Honey have a beautiful relationship, you can't help but adore them.

It's another one of my favorites, of course =)

Feb 9, 2008 5:53 PM

Oct 2007
CMB17 said:
At this point I would say Blue Drop for yuri and Maria-sama for shoujo-ai. ^_^

Yeah I really loved Blue Drop. It was almost too boring at the start but I am so happy that I stuck with it. ep 4 made a ton of sense lol. great short series.
Feb 11, 2008 8:08 PM

Nov 2007
damn, i watched all of those already T_T
Feb 11, 2008 11:54 PM

Jul 2007
You haven't watched Re: Cutie Honey. Seriously, do people read what I post? >.>

Feb 12, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
im sorry T_T
i will watch that
Feb 12, 2008 11:52 PM

Jul 2007
I wasn't trying to sound rude. Sorry for that ^^'

Trust me, at first the series take a little to get used to, but you can't help but laugh at the situations, and the relationship IS beautiful.

Feb 21, 2008 6:35 PM

Nov 2007
hmm sound interesting ! XD
Feb 27, 2008 12:14 PM

Jul 2007
Uh? Gintama? A kiss?? This is all news to me. Care to explain it all better? :3

Feb 27, 2008 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
??????
Mar 1, 2008 5:36 AM

Dec 2007
lynx said:
Uh? Gintama? A kiss?? This is all news to me. Care to explain it all better? :3

Ugh! My advice, if you are really curious about it, just watch this - CLICK HERE and pretend all's good and well in yuri-land. In actuality, no one died.. but, the yuri pretty much ends at that ep.

I'm going to sound like an air-head but I actually had quite a crush on the handsome woman when I began my foray into the Yagyu arc. ^_^ Quite a few of us girls from another yuri forum who felt the same were bemoaning the obvious direction it seem to be going with Kyubei. >_<

Other than the yuri there, Gintama is pretty much a comedy, fun-riding shonen piece. Mm..Perhaps, if you are a fan of animes like one piece, Gintama might be something you might wish to try watching. It's based on a samurai theme, with a feudal - modern world/Sci-fi fusion setting.

KeiraMar 1, 2008 9:10 AM
Mar 1, 2008 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
Aww, too bad... For a moment there I thought she was a 1. man, 2. Setsuna-clone ^^'. So, cool girl with eye-patch will have zero chances of having her way with calm girl with pink kimono? Damn. Then again, do they *ever* have a chance? And with "they" I'm referring to every girl with a crush on childhood best friend/onee-sama/whatever.
I need my yuri-dose, I'm starting to get pessimistic beyond reason XD

Mar 1, 2008 9:38 AM

Dec 2007
lynx said:

I need my yuri-dose, I'm starting to get pessimistic beyond reason XD

Ay, I feel ye.

This season has been nothing but flat for us yuri lovers. -_-;; Though, I heard a rather long time back that there just might be something up in the summer line-up. But don't take my word for it 100% though. Presicely because it was pretty far back, I..well actually forgot what it was about. *sweatdrops*

In any case, I sincerely hope that this well be true as it will mean getting our yuri fix at last! ^^
Mar 1, 2008 9:28 PM

Feb 2008
Strawberry Panic! is my favorite yuri...I can't explain why...but I was very touched while watching it.
Mar 2, 2008 3:19 AM

Oct 2007
Anayu said:
Strawberry Panic! is my favorite yuri...I can't explain why...but I was very touched while watching it.

Yeah, for all it's kinda obvious GL trashyness/non-subtlety. It really was quite dramatic and angsty (I dig the angst) Really pulled through at the end and was really good :D
Shizuma's a major playa. In the manga she's even badass
Mar 2, 2008 5:36 AM

Aug 2007
Marimite is one of the most beautiful anime ever~ <3
Mar 2, 2008 10:37 AM
Nov 2007
jouttex said:
Marimite is one of the most beautiful anime ever~ <3
I think I can agree with that. ^_^
Mar 2, 2008 10:59 AM

Jun 2007
I really liked Kannazuki no miko was probably one of my favourites I just loved how the relationship developed between the two girls. I feel that the story was a little bit of a let down but if you ignore the whole mech side of the story and just concentrate on the relationship its still an extremely good watch.

Its just a shame it hasn't been released on dvd here in the uk.

Mar 2, 2008 3:02 PM

Nov 2007
hmmm Yes i agree those are all excellent yuri but i need a really good one that i havnt watched
Mar 2, 2008 3:51 PM

Feb 2008
I have every intention of watching Marumite, but shall I also indulge myself in the manga as well? My time is very limited so I can't easily just consume whatever I get my hands on =(.
Mar 2, 2008 9:40 PM

Oct 2007
Anayu said:
I have every intention of watching Marumite, but shall I also indulge myself in the manga as well? My time is very limited so I can't easily just consume whatever I get my hands on =(.

IMO - go the anime firstly, because it's an ongoing series (squee!) and then you will be up to scratch to have a massive Marimite-athon discussion when the next series is released. Especially if you're time strapped, you still have to enjoy 2 ; 13 episode seasons and a couple of lovely OVAS ^^
I personally Haven't read the manga, but Erica Friedman of the Okazu blog says it's good - so it must be :P
Mar 3, 2008 12:31 AM

Feb 2008
Fallow said:
Anayu said:

IMO - go the anime firstly, because it's an ongoing series (squee!) and then you will be up to scratch to have a massive Marimite-athon discussion when the next series is released. Especially if you're time strapped, you still have to enjoy 2 ; 13 episode seasons and a couple of lovely OVAS ^^
I personally Haven't read the manga, but Erica Friedman of the Okazu blog says it's good - so it must be :P

I'll do just that...once I'm done with Simoun it's on to Marumite ^^.
Mar 3, 2008 1:52 AM

Jun 2007
Well someone put together the top 15 yuri intros in to a 3 part you tube video.

You never know you may find something you didn't know existed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2Bups2IFVo&feature=related
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEAuqNj9iE
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxxCWW0904

But try to keep in mind that some of these animes may not be solely yuri based and that they are sorted by the quality of the intro and not the actual series.

Mar 3, 2008 2:27 AM

Oct 2007
Doddy said:
Well someone put together the top 15 yuri intros in to a 3 part you tube video.

You never know you may find something you didn't know existed.
edited: I mean to say - Iv'e seen the youtube videos of the openings lol, not all the shows :( I wish I ad the time!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2Bups2IFVo&feature=related
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=ebEAuqNj9iE
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxxCWW0904

But try to keep in mind that some of these animes may not be solely yuri based and that they are sorted by the quality of the intro and not the actual series.

The HQ version is on Veoh, and not in 3 sections. Iv'e seen them all and i think KnM wins out of all 15 for best intro. well deserved i'd say
FallowMar 3, 2008 11:16 PM
Mar 3, 2008 6:39 AM

Jul 2007
Indeed. Can you name another yuri anime with an on screen kiss just from the first episode? ^^'
Have you seen all those shows? I have yet to see Oniisama E, and Seraphim Call. I'm not sure I'll watch the first, but I was intrigued by the intro of Seraphim Call; anyone here has seen it?

Mar 3, 2008 8:50 AM

Jun 2007
I haven't actuality watched Seraphim Call but I haven't found any evidence of anything yuri related too it. But it must be on that video for a reason.........right.

And here's a question dose any one have a favourite yuri manga?

Mar 3, 2008 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
Hmm, if I had to go with my scores, it'd be Iono-Sama Fanatics (9), because it was extremely funny and had lots of meaningful scenes, but it's not exactly my favorite; the oscar in this case goes to Strawberry Shake Sweet: it's as funny as Iono, but it has something more... I don't know, it may be the interaction between Ran and Julia, or the secondary characters. Well, that's my favorite =)

Mar 3, 2008 9:30 AM

Jun 2007
I might try those out.

But the main thing I have heard about is Yuri Monogatari which is a collection of short yuri mangas that people from all over the have written. unfortunately that's all I know about it can any one else shed any light on this?

Mar 3, 2008 11:21 PM

Oct 2007
@ - Lynx - sorry sorry, I mean't i'd seen all the three youtube videos! not all the yuri's (i wish) I don't have enough time at the present but they are all on my to watch list! ^^;

@ - Doddy, Well I truthfully have only read one super Yuri, and that's Strawberry Panic, which was very OTP and a little rushed but...still v very enjoyable :)
Not so Yuri...Others like R.O.D and Read or Dream I also own and Venus Vs Virus. Then other that stretch the deffinition... such as just favourite shippings like Azumanga Daioh and Bleach ^^
Mar 3, 2008 11:25 PM

Oct 2007
oh wait. soz for the double post here but
SWEET BLUE FLOWERS
Must read -
It is simply a beautiful Yuri manga, the scanlations are good too.
Very elegant, carefullly plotted etc.
It's in a similar vein to Marimite, school life etc. ^^
im only up to v 2 of it, I'm not sure if more has been released (probably has)
Mar 4, 2008 5:11 AM

Dec 2007
Doddy said:
I haven't actuality watched Seraphim Call but I haven't found any evidence of anything yuri related too it. But it must be on that video for a reason.........right.

Yep, that's right! ^_^

While it isn't the central point of the show, Seraphim Call does contain yuri. Two canon couples (one a bit one-sided) and subtext here and there, depending on how you look at the subtext, that is.
Mar 4, 2008 8:10 AM

Jun 2007
yay that means I contributing.

Any way as soon as I turn 18 im getting a pay pal account that way I won't have to place manga and anime order through my mum........ You know how it seams when a 17 year old boy buys anything that involves 2 girls no one ever stops to think dose he enjoy it for the story line.

But any way here's a site that supply's a few yuri mangas world wide.

I'm actually thing of getting Yuri Monogatari as it dose look quite good.

Mar 4, 2008 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
Favourite Yuri anime :: Kannazuki no Miko - because of the relationship between Chikane and Himeko. That's what I understand when someone says yuri. Platonic things are good and all, but it doesn't satisfy my needs for yuri. E.g Maria-sama ga Miteru was character-wise one of the best series I've watched so far, but still, I needed to read a ton of the "real yuri" doujinshi after I finished the anime to satisfy the hunger that watching all those subtle signs that no normal person would even take notice of evoked. On the other hand all those purely body-oriented doujinshi that are out there on the net do not satisfy my needs for romance in yuri. So to sum it up, Kannazuki no Miko is generally what I imagine if someone says yuri. This series is in my yuri ranking closely followed by Strawberry Panic, after which i placed Kashimashi (I know, I know... a fake yuri, but stil a yuri nevertheless ;) ).

And for the bottom of my yuri ranking, there was only one yuri show that I really disliked. Simoun. I disliked the animation, soundtrack, setting, characters and above all else the thing I hated the most was the teasing when I had to watch girls kissing each other, yet there was no emotion, no sexuality, no love, no yuri in it. Aaaaargh... This really annoyed me.

As for the manga, anything from the pen of Morinaga Milk could be considered my favourite ('cause its all the same anyways :D). But namely: Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo and Girl Friends or Amai Kuchibiru and all other sorts of short stories (I like the ones with Hitomi and Nana the most). Also Hatsu Koi Shimai (unfortunately not translated) is a good one, Sasame Kikoto seems promising and as for the one-shots I reccomend Her and She-Wolf (but practically most of the manga on lililicious,net goes)... ;)
Mar 5, 2008 12:41 PM

Jun 2007
I have just found this new ONA posted on the shoujo & yuri club forums but its only 7 minutes long which is a little sad but there happens to be news of more episodes coming out. Hears a link for all of you to its MAL page And here is one that will take you to watch it on crunchy roll.

Mar 5, 2008 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
Oh yes, Candy Boy. It's well known ;) Sometimes I confuse the two clubs, considering we're talking about the same things ^^'

Mar 5, 2008 6:11 PM

Nov 2007
@Saisin
simoun , i likied
and there is yuri!
but not mah favorite
Mar 5, 2008 11:08 PM

Oct 2007
yeah the romantic side of the Simoun you need to wait a little longer for, worth it IMO.
Also Candy boy.
Can't wait! ^______^
I was suprised at the level of background art and attention to detail in the character and room designs, considering it was only produced to advertise some random song.
Mar 6, 2008 2:16 AM

Jul 2007
Well, it was also very short, so (I think) they were able to pay more attention even to the little things.

Mar 6, 2008 6:46 PM

Nov 2007
I liked candy boy, but i wish theyed make it longer
Mar 7, 2008 6:43 AM

Jan 2008
I've heard that there's gonna be more of it (Candy Boy), but I dunno whether it's true.

@lully911 & Fallow : Seems like you misunderstood what I meant by my post. It's not like there was no yuri or romance in Simoun, but what I meant to say was that it was IMHO poorly portrayed, and that it didn't attract my attention as much as other components of the story. Romance between the two leads in Simoun was portrayed via their relationship as fellow priestesses, simoun sibyllae, and Aeru's determination to fly together with Neviril, which lead to higlighting their roles as sibyllae, while reducing the impact of their romantic feelings for each other on the audience. During the whole series, the thing I had in mind was that Aeru wants to FLY together with Neviril, not to LOVE her, and the way the story came to conclusion was not about their feelings rather than about their beliefs and lifes as sibyllae. That's the reason why I thought that romance in Simoun was neither very eye-catchin nor apparent at fist sight. This might be just my opinion, and I do not wish to argue with any of you about opinions of yours, but that's just the way I see it. The other thing was, that all the girls who loved other girls planned on becoming men in the future which equals anything but yuri in my mind, not even mentioning the fact neither of the two female leads behaved very femine, which led to my disappoitment since it is feminity that I search for in yuri and relationship between two cute girls (Chikane X Himeko, Shizuma X Nagisa , even though I would prefer Tamao..., Hitomi X Nana ect...). That's the reasoning behind my disliking Simoun (Oh well, and the fact that I disliked all the things I mentioned in my previous post :D)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Must See' Yuri Anime?

Zephryl - Jun 5, 2008

26 by silversongwriter »»
Feb 19, 2015 3:03 PM

» Favorite pairings! ( 1 2 )

bettynoire - Aug 26, 2007

76 by animelover55 »»
Mar 29, 2014 9:43 PM

» Yuri = homossexual viewer? ( 1 2 3 )

magnus - Jan 19, 2008

112 by animelover55 »»
Mar 26, 2014 8:52 PM

» Shows/Manga with yuri potential

46 by removed-user »»
Nov 4, 2013 7:40 PM

» Yuri pics ( 1 2 )

87 by MisterLuffy »»
Oct 19, 2012 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.