Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 13, 2009 6:25 PM

May 2008
I've had FMA on my Plan to Watch list for some time now, but never started. My friend liked it, so that's why I planned to watch it. However, now I'm seeing that FMA2 is a remake, and some people are saying follows the manga more closely?

Basically, what I want to know is, instead of watching FMA1, would there be anything negative about starting with FMA2? I already have a number of animes I'm currently watching and wouldn't mind waiting every week for the next ep and rather it would be easier on me.
Feb 13, 2009 6:28 PM

Nov 2007
May as well just wait for this if it is indeed a remake starting from the beginning. It'll be nice new widescreen (most likely HD) and all, which adds to the viewing enjoyment. And if you don't watch the original you won't be comparing the two and can just enjoy this run as it is.

But we have to wait and see if it does intend to start over or pick up somewhere in the middle, or what. There still seems to be some confusion about it; most people are assuming it is a complete remake starting over, but a press release had called it FMA 2. Who knows yet.
Feb 13, 2009 9:19 PM

May 2008
Ahhh, ok. Thanks man. I guess when it starts up, I'll watch it and ask you or whoever if it is starting from the beginning.
Mar 16, 2009 9:38 PM

Jun 2008
I'm wondering the same thing too, if it is indeed a remake of the whole series and fallowing the manga, I'll watch FMA2 instead of the FMA, I think I would enjoy it more anyway.

I'd love to see how it turns out though, w00t.
Mar 18, 2009 4:48 AM

Aug 2007
i don't care if its a remake i'll watch it and enjoy it all over again

Mar 19, 2009 9:51 AM

Nov 2007
This is not a remake. The first anime is considered completely stand alone in the FMA-verse as is the movie. Both are very well done and I think worth watching. FMA2 is going to follow more to the manga, so you will see some similar things but it will be very different.
Mar 31, 2009 1:57 AM

Sep 2007
If it is a remake, I'll probably watch it. I saw a few eps of the first series on TV, but never got around to watching all 51 of 'em.

Mar 31, 2009 10:19 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah, my plan is to just watch this series without seeing the one from a few years ago. I just hope I won't miss out on too much (or anything) that would make more sense had I seen the first series.
Mar 31, 2009 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
this is not a remake. sure, the first few episode may consist of a filler just to get everyone up to speed as to what the series is, but it will not be a remake. the first series branches off mid-point when the death of a certain beloved character happens. i'm pretty sure that fma2 will pick off right after that happens (after it's filled everyone back up with the knowledge in case they haven't bothered to pick up the manga) and will continue on from there and actually give everyone one hell of a new series to go along with the original. keep in mind that A LOT of the things that happened in the second half of the original, will most likely never be mentioned in fm2 because they weren't a part of that universe and A LOT of changes will happen especially when it comes to the humonculi.

=o! i hope that explains a bit ^^;

also, READ THE MANGA! it's beyond great.
Mar 31, 2009 7:16 PM
Jun 2008
I Think it would be in the company bones' benefit to make it more like a sequel because why would people who already watched the first one want to watch this one? But it might be in there benefit if they make an alternative version because It would attract people who didn't watch the first one and those who want to find how the two series are different.
Apr 2, 2009 5:53 AM

Jul 2007
hyro010 said:
I Think it would be in the company bones' benefit to make it more like a sequel because why would people who already watched the first one want to watch this one?

hm why should people watch this?

Well, lets see. Because:
1. It will follow manga faithfully this time.
2. It will air in damn HD.
3. Character designs are closer to manga
4. it will follow manga faithfully this time.
5. There will be no Nazi.
6. There will be no mutated Nazi.
7. There will be no mutated Nazi in mecha tanks.
8. There will be no mutated Nazi in mecha tanks sieging alternate realities
9. It will follow manga faithfully this time.
10. It will have no crappy movie and characters will continue to act in-character for entire anime.
Apr 2, 2009 2:12 PM

Jan 2008
Apr 2, 2009 2:19 PM
Jun 2007
Fai said:
hyro010 said:
I Think it would be in the company bones' benefit to make it more like a sequel because why would people who already watched the first one want to watch this one?

hm why should people watch this?

Well, lets see. Because:
1. It will follow manga faithfully this time.
2. It will air in damn HD.
3. Character designs are closer to manga
4. it will follow manga faithfully this time.
5. There will be no Nazi.
6. There will be no mutated Nazi.
7. There will be no mutated Nazi in mecha tanks.
8. There will be no mutated Nazi in mecha tanks sieging alternate realities
9. It will follow manga faithfully this time.
10. It will have no crappy movie and characters will continue to act in-character for entire anime.
11. Mizushima isn't on the helm in this series

Fix'd
Apr 3, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2007
its supposed to start on sunday but i wonder how long for it to be fansubbed!!!

i can't wait!!!

Aug 13, 2011 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
If you have seen the original FMA series, then chances are you will probably be blown away by this series. It is in a whole another league then the original FMA series.

This series actually follows the manga story line. Well studio bones had there idea of an "original story" that took place after episode 28. It was still well done. But i think in the end Brotherhood is the superior series.

Anyways for anyone who wants to know the differences between the two. Check out this list i compiled. On the left are the episodes from the the original series and on the right are the comparisons to brotherhood.

Episode 1 Brotherhood (exclusive manga)
Episode 1 = Episode 3 brotherhood
Episode 2 = Episode 3 Brotherhood
Episode 3 - Episode 2 Brotherhood
Episode 4 = Filler
Episode 5 = Filler
Episode 6 = Half filler half manga
Episode 7 = Episodes 4 Brotherhood
Episode 8 = Filler
Episode 9 = Filler
Episode 10 = Filler
Episode 11= Filler
Episode 12 = Filler
Episode 13 = Filler
Episode 14 = Episode 6 brotherhood
Episode 15 = Episode 5 Brotherhood
Episode 16 = Filler
Episode 17 = Episode 6 Brotherhood
Episode 18 - Episode 7 Brotherhood
Episode 19 = Episode 7 Brotherhood
Episode 20 = Episode 8 Brotherhood
Episode 21 = Episode 8 Brotherhood
Episode 22 = Episode 8 Brotherhood
Episode 23 = Episode 9 Brotherhood
Episode 24 = Episode 9 Brotherhood
Episode 25 = Episode 10 Brotherhood
Episode 26= Episode 11 Brotherhood
Episode 27 = Episode 12 Brotherhood
Episode 28 = Episode 12 Brotherhood

Full Metal Alchemist Episode 29-52 (original story)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Episode 13-64 (manga story)

Thats bout the slice of it :P
ArtimesGamerAug 13, 2011 6:56 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 9, 2010

208 by Ronin_4011 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 2, 2010

232 by Ronin_4011 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

178 by DryAmeer »»
Yesterday, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

216 by Ronin_4011 »»
Yesterday, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

976 by iwakur4 »»
Yesterday, 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.