Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 20, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Katsuro-chan said:
Haha, then again, such family lineages are rare. Threads like these always pique my curiosity though, its interesting to see how other people would react, even if 60% of them are typically testosteronal responses to try and be a hero ^^. As of reality though, I would uphold tradition and join the Japanese Forces...but the SDF has declined a lot since the days of my Grandfather being (陸軍大佐) or a Colonel in modern terms :I. Dammit America for the dismantling (no offense) C:

Plus, I've already hit off a started animation career with a company, so it would be difficult to readjust priorities >.>. Nice to meet you by the way ^^.

Same here and good luck with animation! And there's no offense taken about the SDF comment. I actually agree for the most part. While the SDF is an ideal I'd like to see other nations strive towards, Japan is too dependent on the US for military support. You can see this portrayed in countless anime where the create laments this very fact.

Back on topic, I want to serve in the Scouting Legion for a similar reason. I want to serve so that others don't have to. So that my loved ones will never know the fear that the Titans can bring. I guess a synonym for it would be "honor." Edit: I forgot to mention that honor is why I currently serve in the military. Kind of explains other things that I said in this thread.

Ah, so you do serve? If its not too personal, what is it like in the Military you serve in? Ive heard a lot of things about America's forces and its always been a curiosity to know what is actually right.
Aug 21, 2013 12:57 PM

Aug 2012
I'd join the Scouting Legion because I don't wanna die while I haven't got the change to see what the real world looks like and live my life in a stone prison.
Not only do you help mankind even though you die on the field but you get some taste of freedom, and that's pretty badass imo.
and I'd work with Rivaille
Aug 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
I'm voting for scouting legion but ill bet you 100% that in real life most people who chose scouting legion if this was real wouldn't actually chose it, Im one of them, simply because I value my life and have no wish to die a horrible death, But if someone like Levi was there I would join because I'm such a huge fan of Levi as he's so cool and awesome and *sigh*
Aug 21, 2013 9:26 PM
Jul 2013
If Scouting Legion is full of people like Erwin or Levi or Hanji then I would join them for sure.

No way I am going to work under stupid and narrow-minded commanders nor leaders. Though I like Pixis so much and I have nothing against him at all.
Aug 21, 2013 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
If I was in the anime, then definitely the Recon Corps

If our universe suddenly was turned into Titan setting, then probably the Garrison
Aug 22, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2012
yuquall said:
If Scouting Legion is full of people like Erwin or Levi or Hanji then I would join them for sure.

No way I am going to work under stupid and narrow-minded commanders nor leaders. Though I like Pixis so much and I have nothing against him at all.

From my own experiences, being able to question methods in a logical and properly argumentated manner gets you bonus points from higher ranks, assuming you dont act like a complete dick and can justify yourself in a dignified manner. Its the ones who show that natural talent to succeed in strategy and instinctual logistics who accelerate faster and overall survive. Hence why Ill never join the army down here, where the SR-71 is some "pretty advanced shiet", as the commander in my cousins military academy put it >_>.
Aug 22, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
I would choose Scouting Legion. Although theres comfort in beeing "safe" behind the walls i would rather experience freedom and make myself think that i actually can do something useful.
Sep 15, 2013 7:38 PM

Aug 2012
Bumping this back up
Sep 15, 2013 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
I really hope this fad ends soon.
YOKO ONO
Sep 16, 2013 1:04 AM

Dec 2009
MikasaxEren said:
Military police, because if it came down to it, realistically hardly anybody here would have the balls to join the scouting legion. I would like to say I would join the scouting legion, but Titans all day everyday with no good anchor points for 3DMG, no thanks Jeff LOL.
Sep 16, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Forgetfulness said:
So you just ignored the second part of that line? I recall in some other thread that some people did some physics calculations and concluded that it is not physically possible to use 3DMS like they do. You will die

Yeah basically. What, do you want to live forever?

Lmao
Wow, that response was so stupid that I ended up laughing for a good minute.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 16, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Scouting Legion in a heartbeat.
I hate being trapped in one place plus the thought that I can one day train under Levi and be half as good will always make me join regardless.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Scouting Legion of course. c:
Sep 16, 2013 11:36 PM

May 2012
It depends on a lot of different things. Do I have a good reason to risk my life against the titans? I'm not that fond of humanity to begin with and the thought of joining the survey corps just to be eaten alive is not comforting. I also wouldn't have the desire (that so many of you seem to have) to see what's outside the walls considering every time the scouting legion is sent out there, they come back wrecked. On the other hand, if I saw my family killed by the titans right in front of my eyes, I'd be vengeful and driven. At the very least though, I would give the training a try to see if I'm even cut out for it.

In reality, most of us(assuming we would even join the military) would be in the garrison. It's the largest of the divisions for a reason.
Sep 18, 2013 1:43 AM

Aug 2009
Stationary Guard I guess. I would aim getting into Military Police, but I have terrible sense of balance, so I wouldn't make it. About Scouting Legion... it's not that I wouldn't want to fight, but I'd be too scared. With my motor skills I'd die during the first mission:(

So Stationary Guard is my only option.
Sep 18, 2013 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
Scouting Legion of course.. Humanity needs my skills..! lol
"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along..!"
Sep 18, 2013 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
After seeing Marlo getting beaten like that on the last episode, definitely Military Police. If I wasn't good enough, I'd join the Garrison.
BIG WORDS
Nov 15, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2013
Okay, pretty sure no one in their right mind would WANT to join the Scouting Legion if it were a real thing.

Most people probably picked that just because all the main characters are there. In reality that is the highest chance of death even if your one of the elite. No matter how they try to pretty it up as the 'wings of freedom' pretty much all deaths in the Scouting Legion were in vain because they've made so little progress in all the time they've been around.

Seriously, the only hope to make a difference is not humanities efforts with the scouting legion... but having a Titan shifter of their own to use.

Then again I wouldn't want to join the Military Police because they lose all their skills from living the soft and cushy life. I guess the garrison is the best bet if you don't wanna join the suicide squad or the couch potatoes.
Dec 5, 2013 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
I was going to say Military Police, but the people in charge are low lives, so I'll join the Scouting Legion.
Interested in Japanese dance songs? See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702085
Dec 8, 2013 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Voted for Military Police, just to be honest.
Because having a easy life sounds like a lot better option than becoming a meal for a 3-15meters tall freaky as hell looking titan on your first mission.
If I happened to be some super skilled folk like Levi then Survey Corps.
Life left to go
Dec 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
Scouting, what's life without cheating death? :D
Dec 11, 2013 10:39 AM
Oct 2013
If I had Levi or Mikasa's fighting skills, I would join the Survey Corps. Otherwise, I would join the Military Police if I can make it to the top 10. I don't want to die so fast.
Dec 13, 2013 4:54 PM
Oct 2013
Well, in all honesty, I'd go with Stationary Guard. Mainly because I'm not brave enough to go explore uncharted territory, and I'm not good enough, even if I tried, to be in top ten to be eligible for Military Police. Even then, I wouldn't choose MP because I don't believe having them around is useful, since they have 'easy' life.

So I'm basically choosing a middle ground, where my life isn't threatened every time I go outside, and my skills aren't losing it's touch because of being a policeman who patrols the streets. Besides, I've always liked to be in the middle, where people don't depend on you but not completely useless as well.
Jan 11, 2014 12:44 AM
Jan 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
sim0n2170 said:
Which one are you in? I'm in Military Police :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1528563_608673569186142_431316511_n.jpg

Virgo, MP too :(

Recon Corp under Commander Rommel would be my choice

Jan 16, 2014 7:02 AM
May 2013
>Implying you all have the balls, to fight against Titans...Yeah, nice fantasy.
Jan 16, 2014 11:15 AM

Feb 2010
Chiikyuu-n said:
I'd join the Scouting Legion because I don't wanna die while I haven't got the change to see what the real world looks like and live my life in a stone prison.
Not only do you help mankind even though you die on the field but you get some taste of freedom, and that's pretty badass imo.
and I'd work with Rivaille

If Levi tells me to jump off the wall, I'll do as he commands! Ladies...let's be realistic here.
If you actually met Levi and interacted with him, after even a minute conversation you would want to throw yourself into the mouth of a titan.
Feb 1, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2012
Neither. I would be an Engineer and design a different combat gear against the Titans because those 3D Maneuver gears do not seem reliable AT ALL.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Military Police because i'd come out as top 10 in my class, so why not? :P
Feb 2, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2012
Assuming I'd be good enough, I'd choose MP. of course i want an easy life in (theoretically) the safest part of human territory. And you get to wear an unicorn on your back, c'mon!
Nov 7, 2015 3:42 PM
Oct 2015
Only with Plotarmor I'm willing to join the Recon Corps.
Nov 7, 2015 3:44 PM

Jun 2014
D I C K S Q U A D

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anya from Spy x Family can solo the Rumbling ( 1 2 )

someguy - Yesterday

51 by KWilke »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.