Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2009 12:19 PM

Oct 2008
Shit we have one of these for our anime, why not for any films? I thought I'd throw this one up because the 'most looking forward too' thread seems to suggest movies not yet out more than any we want to see. And as I don't actually go to the cinema very often, I think the last time was Choke, this thread could be of use...to others not going to the cinema all the time also...

I've been keen to see;
Miller's Crossing
The Sea Inside
The Counterfeiters
Kiss the Girls
Inland Empire (David Lynch!)
Pierrepoint
Transamerica
Slumdog Millionaire
Revolutionary Road
Gran Torino (I know the last three are at the cinema, but I'm looking forward to their dvd release ^^)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 26, 2009 12:27 PM

Sep 2008
Frost/Nixon
Revolutionary Road
Coraline
Benjamin Button
Slumdog Millionare
Let the Right One In
Push (I ain't paying for it though...)
The International (love, love, love Clive Owen)
Taken
Watchmen
X-men Origins

^There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now.
Jan 26, 2009 1:16 PM

Oct 2008
Taken is awesome! Saw it when it was at the cinema, if a worldwide revolution is not forthcoming in the next 5-10 years I'll model my life off that guy

Frost/Nixon does also look good
I'd better add Blood Simple and Blue Velvet(I can't believe I haven't seen this yet!) to my list too
Jan 26, 2009 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
Milk-plus__ said:

I'd better add Blood Simple and Blue Velvet(I can't believe I haven't seen this yet!) to my list too

*STARES IN SHOCK*
You like David Lynch but haven't seen Blue Velvet?! Oh my God, you don't know what you're missing. They've got a decent DVD version that's on-sale now, finally. It took them a couple years to put it out there so you might want to go pick it up, it's totally worth whatever price they put on it.

Kiss the Girls and Taken are both excellent movies, Taken really surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be near as good as it was. Anyway, this is the list for me (And most of these will not be having a theater run...)

-The Horseman
-Angel Gone (A new Czech thriller)
-Frederyk
-Goemon
-Edgar Allen Poe's Legeia
-Necromentia
-Devil's Playground
-...of the Dead (Actual title)
-Death Comes to Frogtown
-The Mother of Invention
-Spooner
-Like Moles, Like Rats
-Lost Highways
-Jim Henson's The Cube
-The Fountain
Jan 27, 2009 12:11 PM

Oct 2008
Yea I know, I've been wanting to see it for months now, just haven't seen it anywhere! Was gonna download it but want to buy it at the same time. I'm sure I'll live for another 3-4 weeks, ample time to find and view.

I agree on the Taken comment, the unexpected quality definitely multiplied the overall enjoyment. And considering I almost went and saw the new animated Star Wars movie instead... don't ask why, I've wanted to see animated series for ages and for some reason I thought I'd go see the movie. I am so glad I didn't

The only one on that list I've seen is The Fountain, interesting story, a good watch... it also has a monkey
Jan 27, 2009 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
Milk-plus__ said:

The only one on that list I've seen is The Fountain, interesting story, a good watch... it also has a monkey

It has a monkey, by God, I must watch it then.

As for Blue Velvet, the only two retailers that I've found a DVD copy at are Fye/Coconuts and Sam's Goodies. Every other movie place doesn't seem to carry it. However, you can pick it up at those two places or amazon.com for around $15, so not too bad.

Don't see the Star Wars:Clone Wars movie. Really really really bad. I went to see it with a group of friends and it wasn't too good. Anakin's padawan is just annoying and they have a hutt from Texas whose voice is probably the worst ever. I swear to you, it made my ears bleed. Worth a rental at the most.
Jan 29, 2009 11:04 AM

Oct 2008
I heard it was terrible, yea I'm on the lookout for Blue Velvet. Hmm Fye/Coconuts and Sam's Goodies you say? Sorry all we got round these parts is a general store and a donkey for sending light mail

I'm gonna have to see this movie 'Once', I was told you can't explain it but you must see it. I then found out it had Irish people in it, they could have just said that.
As the two best Irish Films I've seen involve the British beating the bloody whiskey out of local Irish folk (Bloody Sunday, The Wind That Shakes The Barley), I'm hoping this'll have that. It just won't be authentic Irish culture without it...
I wonder why there's no aid organizations/religions devoted to Ireland, they did save civilization
Feb 5, 2009 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
After seeing a trailer for it, I want to see Chocolate.
Mar 22, 2009 8:35 PM
Sep 2007
The Seventh Seal
Chinatown (saw it twice but fell asleep while watching it both times. But I still want to see the rest, regardless)
Dr. Strangelove (saw it but was listening to my Ipod the entire time -_-)
Forbidden Games
Vertigo
Space Odyssey
Clockwork Orange
Gone with the Wind
Wild Strawberries
Life is Beautiful
Madadayo
The Decalogue
There's a lot more films I want to see, but these are the ones I want to see most.
Mar 22, 2009 9:09 PM

Apr 2008
I need to see Chinatown too.

A Clockwork Orange is classic.

Alucard and Seras

Mar 27, 2009 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
You will need to watch Dr. Strangelove again! Too classic (*sob* how could you listen to your iPod when watching a Kubrick film!?)

Read the Clockwork Orange book as well, one of my favorite novels and films. It's completely written in that bastardized mixture of English-Russian, but a bit more intensely than the film (debotchka, glazzies etc.)
Mar 28, 2009 1:30 AM
Sep 2007
Milk-plus__ said:
You will need to watch Dr. Strangelove again! Too classic (*sob* how could you listen to your iPod when watching a Kubrick film!?)

Read the Clockwork Orange book as well, one of my favorite novels and films. It's completely written in that bastardized mixture of English-Russian, but a bit more intensely than the film (debotchka, glazzies etc.)

I know, I was disappointed of myself as well a couple of hours later and started ti regret it. But I just got an Ipod and was overjoyed to have it, so at least I have somewhat of an excuse...?

And I did notice that my brother had the novel of Clockwork Orange in his room, so maybe if I like the film, I will also read the novel.
Mar 28, 2009 12:57 PM

Oct 2008
Yes, and you will enjoy
Jan 10, 2011 3:35 PM
Aug 2010
It's huge: http://rateyourmusic.com/list/moondrop101/films_to_watch

I plan on tackling a 12 hour long French film sometime this month.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Romance/Romance-esque Movies

FALLEN101 - Feb 23, 2010

5 by Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi »»
Jul 4, 2012 1:17 AM

» Favorite Flicks

1eyedjoker - Dec 28, 2008

22 by Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi »»
Jul 4, 2012 1:06 AM

» Discuss the Last Movie You Watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xMatronxMalicex - Dec 29, 2008

233 by ivorykeys »»
Mar 9, 2011 6:24 AM

» Least favorite movies.

removed-user - Jun 17, 2009

21 by YoungVagabond »»
Jan 10, 2011 11:27 PM

» New Trailer Thread ( 1 2 )

1eyedjoker - Apr 3, 2009

78 by FALLEN101 »»
Feb 27, 2010 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.