Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2007 11:42 PM

Sep 2007
I would like to start a discussion on the main philosophical debate that Death Note presents. Do you or do you not agree with Light's ethical views? Or is there another character you more align with, such as Teru Mikami?
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 25, 2007 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
well, i totally agree with Light, but maybe killing small criminals is a bit exagerated.
Mar 5, 2008 8:07 PM

Feb 2008
Criminals deserve to die as Light says I completely and utterly agree to his philosophy. Hail Kira!
Mar 21, 2008 11:52 PM

Mar 2008
well kinda i understand how someone or anyone can feel that way about
criminals thats have done so much wrong and honestly hurt people.
the only thing i question about the whole Kira philosophy is about the people
who change and turn their lives around.not that im religious but Kira probably
wouldnt give em that chance.
Although he did seem to go after the most harded criminals the ones that probably wouldnt change even their life depended on it
sooo...GO KIRA!! I <3 KIRA FOREVER!!

Apr 4, 2008 10:29 AM
Dec 2007
I agree with Light and i think if I found a note book like that I would do the same thing....
In reality it would be hard to kill all criminals but I think it would be better if all criminals faced possible death, maybe a points system 10 points=death, small crimes like theft would be 1 or 2 points and big crimes like murder or rape would be 8 or 9...Crimes like these should only count as a 10 if it is completely 100% certain that this person did it, this would help stop people being wrongly convicted.

Also no criminal should be allowed to claim they have 'human rights' these are forfeited when you commit a crime! (Jails should be Hell)

Its just a shame that in My country we don't give any punishment to criminals anymore :(
Jun 4, 2008 1:05 AM
Jun 2007
SamODell said:
I agree with Light and i think if I found a note book like that I would do the same thing....
In reality it would be hard to kill all criminals but I think it would be better if all criminals faced possible death, maybe a points system 10 points=death, small crimes like theft would be 1 or 2 points and big crimes like murder or rape would be 8 or 9...Crimes like these should only count as a 10 if it is completely 100% certain that this person did it, this would help stop people being wrongly convicted.

Also no criminal should be allowed to claim they have 'human rights' these are forfeited when you commit a crime! (Jails should be Hell)

Its just a shame that in My country we don't give any punishment to criminals anymore :(

This is the wrong line of thinking.

Creating a system will only lead to how things are now...if you really want to change something, one must believe in extremes. People are scared to take this line of thought, because this most likely means almost everyone would be killed.

You see, Kira knows eliminating all evil is only the first step. He must eliminate unnecessary complexities and stupidities as well so in the new world there are only people who do not commit crimes, takes steps to prevent committing crimes - but most importantly, people who can commit crimes. Afterall, the capability for evil must still exist if we are to define a law, rule, or order to the new world.

Those who resist are truly strong, not those who cannot conceive doing a crime.
Ignorance is not innocence.
Dec 22, 2008 12:12 PM

Oct 2008
I take Yagami Light's side. Although I can't really trust the guy, but his true objectives are just and good for the future of the society. Yes, Light gets carried away sometimes, but as long as you don't do stupid things, certainly Yagami Light won't either.

There is nothing wrong with what Yagami Light did. His objective was to cleanse the world of vicious criminals by means of heart paralysis, not cruel at all. In fact, Yagami Light's punishment methods against the vicious criminals were somewhat dovish. Heart paralysis and death within 45 seconds is much easier than them getting hanged. If people pay attention to countries like the US and China, where they would either sentence vicious criminals to the electric chair or getting gun down in the back, heart paralysis is really nothing.
Dec 22, 2008 2:01 PM

Jan 2008
I would only kill murderers, rapers and such. The biggest trash.
Feb 18, 2009 8:55 PM
Feb 2009
wanna watch every episode of death note for free?????? visit my site: www.theultimateanimesite.webs.com
May 11, 2009 6:25 PM
Jan 2009
although I completely undestand why Light would go to such extremes to eliminate all evil, I dont think it will do of any affect in the overall outcome. I mean there is always that person that is so stupid to do the wrong thing and in this case get killed. If there is always that person, nothing will change. So I understand Light but dont completely agree with his mathod.(not that sending people to jail is doing any good either)
Jun 20, 2009 7:43 PM

Oct 2008
Perhaps, my view has slightly changed.

I think it is best not to use the Death Note as that it interferes with the judgement, balance and order of the creators. Yagami Light isn't just removing evil, he is removing anybody who gets in his way of removing evil. That just isn't right as that his definition of evil has deviated from the point of correct perspective to incorrect perspective. Yagami Light is a disgrace to KIRA and Mikami Teru is just blindly worshipping Yagami Light without realizing that they are doing the wrong things out of kindness and goodwill.
Jul 3, 2009 2:29 AM

Jun 2009
i completely agree with light and i would do the same as him if i had the death note but as some people have mentioned he kills people for small crimes
Jul 18, 2010 1:08 AM

Dec 2009
Light is shown a way to become a God, never forget that! He saw the corrupted system that we all live in and found a way to replace It.
He is trying to become an all powerfull enity to replace God and show ppl their own ignorance and stupidity. He is starting with the obvious way - eleminating the wrong doings in the system he lives in. Creating a new moral system is the first step of creating a new society. He was a genious from the start after all...
Nov 16, 2010 3:45 AM
Jan 2010
xxDanielaxx:
"there is always that person that is so stupid to do the wrong thing and in this case get killed. If there is always that person, nothing will change."
-Most "wrong things" aren't a matter of stupidity(but rather selfishness) and if these most "wrong things" are gone, there has been a change.

Kira01:
"Yagami Light isn't just removing evil, he is removing anybody who gets in his way of removing evil. That just isn't right."
-You believe means justify ends, Yagami Light and I believe ends justify means.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» If you had the Death Note and could kill off ONE death note character, who'd it be and why?

AlexSadist-sama - Apr 22, 2009

14 by SmilelikeUndyy »»
Jun 21, 2013 1:46 PM

» Favorite Quotes

TD-SwimmingBird - Oct 15, 2007

22 by Ninja_Hamster »»
Aug 19, 2011 7:58 AM

Poll: » Kira worshippers, would you like member cards?

sector7red - Dec 20, 2009

22 by _Datenshi_ »»
Nov 21, 2010 3:54 AM

Poll: » The Character Fights, Round 1: Fight 1! Takada VS Misa

TD-SwimmingBird - Oct 28, 2007

32 by TohnoAkiha »»
Jul 18, 2010 12:56 AM

» Character Fight Results

TD-SwimmingBird - Nov 12, 2007

1 by Kira01 »»
Dec 22, 2008 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.