Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2013 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
If you enjoyd Kaiji, then you'll most likely enjoy One Outs too. Lots of mind games and such.

And of course:

Baccano!
Bakuman
Great Teacher Onizuka
Monster
Neon Genesis Evangelion
NHK ni Youkoso
Phantom: Requiem for hthe Phantom
Steins;Gate
Trigun
Mar 17, 2013 11:09 AM
Aug 2012
I consider Fate Zero, Steins;Gate, SAO, Accel World, Death Note, Clannad, Angel Beats, and FMA must watch animes =o, just my opinion.
Mar 17, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
-Fuji- said:
Sword art online
Accel world

Those are must-NOT-see.

NGE, Monster, Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Madoka Magica are all classics.

I'm sorry but did you just call Madoka Magica a classic? Yeah it took people by storm, but has it really been put through the test of time long enough to earn the title of a classic? I don't think so. Yes its great, but not yet a classic.
Mar 17, 2013 11:52 AM
Oct 2011
higurashi no naku koro ni/kai definetly worth watching.
Mar 17, 2013 11:55 AM

Feb 2013
Akira
Spirited away
Death note
Hajime no ippo
Ghost in the shell
Evangelion
Clannad
FMA:B
Jul 29, 2014 1:53 AM
Jul 2014
planetes is a must watch in my opinion
Jul 29, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2014
Sword Art Online
Attack on Titans (Shingeki no Kyojin)
Code Geass
Guilty Crown
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Log Horizon
Sakurasou
No Game No Life
Shinsekai Yori (might be too slow for you doe)
Jul 29, 2014 2:11 AM

Apr 2012
cray18 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Those are must-NOT-see.

NGE, Monster, Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, FLCL, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Madoka Magica are all classics.

I'm sorry but did you just call Madoka Magica a classic? Yeah it took people by storm, but has it really been put through the test of time long enough to earn the title of a classic? I don't think so. Yes its great, but not yet a classic.

Nidhoeggr has seen a lot of mahou shoujos. I trust his word on it.
Jul 29, 2014 4:17 AM
Jul 2014
You should really avoid code geass.

Code geass is basically a show that tells you how not make a tv series/movie. It takes inspiration from every clise you could think of and then manages to fuck it up. It's hard to say is it parody or just poor directing/story writing.

We are talking about star wars prequel levels of bad here.
Jul 29, 2014 8:59 AM

Apr 2012
illuknisaa said:

Code geass is basically a show that tells you how not make a tv series/movie. It takes inspiration from every clise you could think of and then manages to fuck it up. It's hard to say is it parody or just poor directing/story writing.

Well sure CG is bad, BUT this is a "must see" anime thread, and to be fair CG is a must see. It is after all one of the highest rated and most popular of anime. To be an anime fan and not see CG is like saying you grew up in the 90's and never watched Pokemon, or calling yourself an avid movie lover and not seeing a single Stanley Kubrick film. It's just something you have to see, for much of the same reasons.
Jul 30, 2014 5:51 AM
Jul 2014
SamuelLJackson said:
illuknisaa said:

Well sure CG is bad, BUT this is a "must see" anime thread, and to be fair CG is a must see. It is after all one of the highest rated and most popular of anime. To be an anime fan and not see CG is like saying you grew up in the 90's and never watched Pokemon, or calling yourself an avid movie lover and not seeing a single Stanley Kubrick film. It's just something you have to see, for much of the same reasons.

That is propably one of the worst reasons I've heard why should someone watch a movie.

You should see a transformers because it's popular/made by micheal bay...

Something that is worth seeing should be something that pushes the medium, does something new or makes something unigue. Not something that is at best bad fanservice.

If you want to know why most of mal users have no taste whatsoever then cg is something worth enduring.
Aug 30, 2014 10:08 AM
Dec 2013
illuknisaa said:

Yep,I tried so hard to like it but it was kind of horrible.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - 3 hours ago

1 by JoeChip »»
3 hours ago

» I need a romance anime

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

1 by NaTsu879 »»
3 hours ago

» Hentai Romance

False_Entity - May 15

2 by False_Entity »»
Yesterday, 4:39 PM

» Romance Anime

Zamus_Edits - May 24

7 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 3:22 PM

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.