Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2013 7:29 PM
Aug 2013
wait so by the dialogue, it is determined that the Kiss Shot from the destroyed world is completely different from Shinobu in the other world.. which means if Koyomi didn't save Hachikuji in the destroyed world, then it would be very likely that Shinobu and Koyomi ends up together instead of Hitagi. XD I'm loving the thought of it.. Though the more I think about it, the more I support Hitagi.
Aug 26, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2010
Soulbond said:
wait so by the dialogue, it is determined that the Kiss Shot from the destroyed world is completely different from Shinobu in the other world.. which means if Koyomi didn't save Hachikuji in the destroyed world, then it would be very likely that Shinobu and Koyomi ends up together instead of Hitagi. XD I'm loving the thought of it.. Though the more I think about it, the more I support Hitagi.

No.
The alternate Araragi Koyomi is already dead, killed by Black Hanekawa.
Though there could be some other possibilities. Those possibilities can only be triggered if Araragi initiates those related events.
yukaru00Aug 26, 2013 8:26 PM
Aug 27, 2013 8:58 AM
Aug 2013
yukaru00 said:
Soulbond said:

No.
The alternate Araragi Koyomi is already dead, killed by Black Hanekawa.
Though there could be some other possibilities. Those possibilities can only be triggered if Araragi initiates those related events.

yea that's what I meant. If Araragi initiates those related events.
Oct 21, 2014 3:42 AM

Mar 2010
Um yeah, Tsuki anime is coming.
Jan 29, 2015 3:13 AM
Nov 2014
Tayau said:
Nisio is infamous for killing off his main characters, so I wouldn't be surprised. Shinobu is my favourite in the bunch next to Hitagi.

Hitagi & Araragi's relationship is going strong but Hanamonogatari is set after the events of the series, kind of like an epilogue and nobody is mentioned in there aside from Araragi. Bearing in mind that specific novel was narrated by Kanbaru.

Basically, shit's hitting the fan.

PS: Here's a very condensed summary of events in every novel after nekomonogatari.

From the end of nekomonogatari:

Hanekawa heads out to find Oshino Meme, everyone's in dire need of his help.
Everyone sleeps over at araragi's and shinobu declares 'war' on nadeko saying "your cute look won't fool me."
Araragi is overdue on his homework so bribes shinobu with donuts to take them back in time, but she overshoots and they go back to 10 years earlier before hachikuji is about to die. They save her.

In the future, the world has changed and there are zombies everywhere, shinobu and araragi almost get killed until Hachikuji shows up in a rambo outfit, lobbing grenades and saving their ass. Basically because hachikuji never showed up in the 10 years later, araragi didn't get her advice on finding shinobu and gets killed by white hanekawa at the end of bakemonogatari. In this world Shinobu went beserk because Araragi dies and she turns everything into zombies to end the world. When she sees araragi at the end, the beserk alternate timeline shinobu cries blood. They resolve this and go back to the correct timeline.

Hachikuji leaves her bag at araragi's house.

The next day Araragi tries to find hachikuji to give back her bag. A blackness attacks them and shinobu explains her past life as a vampire ( too much detail to go into, you'll get 1-2 eps on it anyway because it's very important. It's also said here that Araragi isn't her first bound human and it's implied she isn't a virgin)

Long story short, hachikuji has been breaking 'the rules' as she was meant to disappear but hang around with araragi. her time has come and she must disappear - she does, goodbye hachikuji we never see her again.

Next Nadeko finds out that araragi has a girlfriend and that it's senjougahara. she spirals into depression, returns to the shrine and starts hallucinating. She becomes nadeko medusa and declares war on everyone in araragi's entourage.

Araragi fights shinobu for basically two months straight, using vampirism repeatedly.

hitagi has had enough of his risking his life for everyone and takes action into her own hands. She offers a lot of money to kaiiki to help her and araragi out (it's declared here that they may or may not have been previous lovers) and she even offers to sell her body to make the money to help araragi to which kaiiki laughs at and says he'll do it he'll do it.

Nadeko is basically 'the final boss' here and Kaiiki mitigates the situation by discovering what's in her closet- tonnes of mangas she drew herself. she wants to be a mangaka but has confidence issues and the problem is that nobody gives her credit more than for just being a cute girl. Kaiiki resolves this internal problem in her emotions and removes the item that gave her medusa powers. He tells araragi to never see her again or problems will arise, she will forget about him in time. Goodbye Nadeko

Then we find out the ultimate problem so far; araragi has used vampirism so much during the war against nadeko that he's becoming a full fledged vampire, not just a bitten-human-turned. Kagenui says that if shinobu bites him again, they risk turning him into a full vampire and if he becomes one, kagenui will kill him. Shinobu is ready to declare war and says she'll do everything to save his life.

We also find out abut Ougi Oshino who claims to be Oshino Meme's distant relative. Ougi has two genders and not much is said about him/her but Ougi does appear to play a very important role.

There's someone pulling the strings in the war between demons like shinobu and demon hunters like kagenui and kaiiki. Basically, shinobu is doomed to die or face some tragic decision unless Oshino meme returns. Meanwhile, Hanekawa is still out there searching for him.

That's everything summed up very rapidly so far.

But it was never implied that shinobu isn't a virgin :v and to answer another question:kaiki and hitagi were NOT lovers
Jan 2, 2017 12:53 PM
Jan 2017
So just to be clear on the original summary posted: you're saying it's implied that Shinobu isn't a virgin?
Jan 2, 2017 12:56 PM
Jan 2017
hpulley said:
And she declared herself a virgin (even after all that has happened to her) when she met Araragi so I doubt she was Kaiki's lover. I don't remember that anywhere.

Remind me again, who are we talking about? I love getting into a discussion but this one has left me rather lost.
Jan 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Sep 2012
asdfghjk290 said:
hpulley said:
And she declared herself a virgin (even after all that has happened to her) when she met Araragi so I doubt she was Kaiki's lover. I don't remember that anywhere.

Remind me again, who are we talking about? I love getting into a discussion but this one has left me rather lost.
asdfghjk290 said:
hpulley said:

Hitagi is who I was talking about. She didn't have a romantic relationship with Kaiki.

Less than two weeks to Musubimonogatari. I can't wait!
Jan 2, 2017 2:31 PM
Jan 2017
hpulley said:
asdfghjk290 said:

asdfghjk290 said:

Hitagi is who I was talking about. She didn't have a romantic relationship with Kaiki.

Less than two weeks to Musubimonogatari. I can't wait!

I thought so but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» spoilers plz

kingdude267 - Dec 31, 2014

10 by HK_BAKA »»
May 18, 9:37 PM

» IS THIS REALLY THE FINAL MONOGATARI SERIES? :(

androcker - Jan 5, 2013

25 by DarkHumor04 »»
Jul 16, 2023 10:20 PM

» Do I HAVE to read Koyomimonogatari before Owarimonogatari?

Malone3443 - Nov 2, 2022

2 by Malone3443 »»
Nov 8, 2022 11:52 AM

Poll: » Out if these 3, who you got the hots most for?

TillyTrap - Oct 8, 2022

0 by TillyTrap »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:36 PM

Poll: » Right order to read? [Updated]

KiR4T - Aug 16, 2021

5 by abystoma2 »»
Aug 19, 2021 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.