Aug 2007
Fall means new anime releases o/

has anyone found anything interesting? I've seen these:

Kannagi
Clannad ~After Story~
Chäos;HEAd
Hyakko
Ga-rei-zero

so far only Clannad ~After Story~ and Kannagi caught my attention I'm also watching Xam'd: Lost Memories Airing pretty neat, it's very similar to Eureka seven.

モンテーロ 富守
[ new website coming soon ]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 15, 2008 12:51 PM

Oct 2007
I like the sound of Hyakko so I'll probably try that.
I'll maybe give the others a go, but I'm mostly looking forward to Vampire Knight ~ Guilty, Skip Beat!, Hakushaku to Yosei and Nodame Cantabile paris Chapter.
I like the shoujo at the moment ^^;

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Oct 15, 2008 11:32 PM

Aug 2007
Fall means *Autumn*. *Autumn* means new anime releases. What's wrong with you? =P

I liked Hyakko ep. 2 less than the first but it was still good and funny. I'm cautiously staying with Kurogane no Linebarrels, although I'm not sure yet why I'm doing that. It's so full of cliches I suspect (or rather I hope) it's being done on purpose in order to defy them later. Waiting to see Shikabane Hime Aka (probably later today) and now downloading Tytania - will post impressions later. Saw and hated Toradora! and didn't think very highly of Casshern Sins.

Also, fully intend to catch up on some stuff. Halfway through Giant Robo OVA and will likely start (by which I mean see past the first episode of) either Nodame Cantabile or Juuni Kokuki soon.
Oct 23, 2008 4:26 AM

Oct 2008
TORADORA!! funny as hell..how could u not find it even remotely funny????
if you want to know the good and bad in this year's fall series go to http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/fall-2008-preview/2008-10-04
also seen skip beat, earl and fairy as well as Kun..something the one with teh demon butler dude.. :)
Oct 25, 2008 10:52 AM

Aug 2007
Shikabane Hime is good stuff - nothing groundbreaking but based on the first episode it's basically an old idea (send a monster to kill a monster) done well - imagine Hellsing with a schoolgirl in place of Arucard, an orphanage in place of Hellsing Institute and buddhist mythology in place of christian mythology. However, this is reputedly streaming off some site somewhere courtesy of the creators, who have thoughtfully sent out C&Ds to everyone subbing it.

Tytania - immensely camp space opera, takes itself much, much too seriously. Despite this it might be good. I'm reluctant to bother downloading more right now though. Let's say it's not one of those things that reaches out and grabs you right away.

Toradora - Rather than paraphrase again, here's a large quote from ep 1 discussion thread (under button, large quote is large) ===>

Juuni Kokuki - IIRC we watched the first episode at AnimeSoc last year and reception was a bit lukewarm. I'm now 6 episodes in and I'm finding it pretty interesting, remarkably easy to watch and so far it's failed to have any glaringly stupid things that make no sense, which is pretty novel as I'm usually as picky about that in fantasy as I am about, say, Toradora.

Giant Robo OVA - Review up, see my profile =)

Still to see: Kurozuka and Ga-Rei Zero.
YourMessageHereOct 25, 2008 10:58 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Dragonball: Evolution

rachelcabbit - Apr 3, 2009

0 by rachelcabbit »»
Apr 3, 2009 4:05 PM

» Leeds Convention!!!!!

Ging554 - Oct 16, 2008

14 by YourMessageHere »»
Dec 16, 2008 10:21 AM

» New Society Ideas

Ging554 - Dec 10, 2008

0 by Ging554 »»
Dec 10, 2008 4:52 PM

» Christmas

rachelcabbit - Nov 13, 2008

2 by rachelcabbit »»
Nov 18, 2008 5:53 AM

» Society Rules?

Ging554 - Sep 29, 2008

7 by rachelcabbit »»
Oct 16, 2008 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.