Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 22, 2012 3:28 PM

Aug 2011
what i mean is something that happend that put you in shock (bad kind)...

for me...Gonzaga/CroCop. Easily.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 2, 2012 11:18 PM

Apr 2012
The first thing to come to mind, Diaz vs. Condit, watching Condit turn his back into a full run...a little part of me died. That and when they announced the official decision.

Nice sig btw.
LittleCaesarsJul 2, 2012 11:23 PM
Jul 3, 2012 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
There's been quite a few worst moments as a MMA fan. So I'll just list them.

Mayhem Miller vs CB Dollaway- Once Mayhem's leg gave way- the fight was just making me feel so sick to watch as Mayhem was just getting taken down and was just helpless in trying to mount any offense.

Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit- I went into this fight expecting one of my favorite fighters in Nick Diaz engage in a Fight of the year with a fighter who comes to finish- then Condit was just not engaging and Nick had Octagon Control as he was controlling the fight. Then I heard the decision being 49-46 I was sure Nick had won it and when it was announced for Condit- I just went and kicked a chair over.

Wanderlei Silva vs Chris Leben- Wanderlei is one of my Idol's and he got me into watching MMA and to see him get Ko'ed that way in 30 seconds made my heart sunk :/.
Jul 3, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
Shogun vs Jones.
Jones vs Rampage.
Jones vs Machida.
Jones vs Evans.
Jul 3, 2012 9:00 PM

Feb 2009
lordzeru, not a Bones Jones fan eh? lol .... I'm with you on Shogun/Jones. It made me sad seeing Shogun lose the title right after finally winning it from Machida. Been a Shogun fan for a long time.

Sticking with Shogun, seeing him break his leg thus ending his win streak in PRIDE vs Mark Coleman. That was a fucking travesty on so many levels.
Jul 3, 2012 9:46 PM

Nov 2011
Too many too mention, Crocop's decline, Shogun fighting badly against Griffin, Couture being Donkey Konged by Lesnar, Liddel and Silva losing their chins, Fedor losing his steam, Nog turning to a zombie, Anderson Silva fighting weird sometimes when he faces a Brazilian.
The Art of Eight
Dec 31, 2012 1:06 PM

Oct 2011
Watching the UFC quickly turn into a WWE clone as Shale, Nick Diaz, and Frank Edgar got very much undeserved title shots for the sake of entertainment instead of people working towards title shots. Also, I don't care how you want to phrase it, but I'll be blunt and saying that Ronda doesn't deserve main event status on a PPV over a big fight like Machida vs Henderson. Dana is making Flyweights and Bantamweights earn their medal, as they fight on free TV to get exposure. Ronda only gets her PPV slot because she's hot and Dana wants her to armbar his dick.
Dec 31, 2012 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
The title shots off a LOSS annoys me even though i'm a big Nick Diaz fan, imo Hendricks should have got the shot and Diaz face a top 5 guy like Koscheck or Kampmann to really earn a shot.

I think the Ronda fight would have been better suited on FOX- larger demographic for her to appeal to for WMMMA and doesn't make the UFC lose out financially.

I was annoyed when the possible Flyweight number 1 contender match was on the facebook prelims for UFC 155. Thanks to that still nobody knows who John Moraga is even though he has been winning and finishing fights in the flyweight division.

If you put Ronda on PPV have her on the main card but not the main event- why promote a title fight which has barely any relevance to people other than the hardcores and looks to be a squash match.
Dec 31, 2012 1:27 PM

Feb 2009
lordzeru said:
Watching the UFC quickly turn into a WWE clone as Shale, Nick Diaz, and Frank Edgar got very much undeserved title shots for the sake of entertainment instead of people working towards title shots.

So true, the immediate title rematches really stalled the divisions for the sake of entertainment... Now Chael gets a 205 title shot because he acts like a fool in the media so people want to see him get beat down which feels like Jersey Shore style marketing lol
Frankie Edgar must be one of Dana's boys or something, that rematch marathon he was on was ridiculous considering the depth of the lightweight division.

lordzeru said:
Ronda only gets her PPV slot because she's hot and Dana wants her to armbar his dick.

haha, I just hope this doesnt meant Machida/Hendo will go back to 3 rounds. That fight needs to be 5 rounds!

Flamereel17 said:

I was annoyed when the possible Flyweight number 1 contender match was on the facebook prelims for UFC 155. Thanks to that still nobody knows who John Moraga is even though he has been winning and finishing fights in the flyweight division.

I didnt even think of that, that really sucks trying to build a division yet nobody knows who else is in it but the champion..
Dec 31, 2012 1:31 PM

Oct 2011
baboon said:

haha, I just hope this doesnt meant Machida/Hendo will go back to 3 rounds. That fight needs to be 5 rounds!

Actually, yeah. Machida-Henderson is a three round fight because Dana thinks 'Championship fights' should always be main event status. Instead of doing the smart thing and throwing Rousey on a Fox card, he's robbing us of two rounds of a potential war to give Rousey her two minutes needed to armbar this random chick they pulled out of the bag.
Dec 31, 2012 1:40 PM

Feb 2009
lordzeru said:
baboon said:

Actually, yeah. Machida-Henderson is a three round fight because Dana thinks 'Championship fights' should always be main event status. Instead of doing the smart thing and throwing Rousey on a Fox card, he's robbing us of two rounds of a potential war to give Rousey her two minutes needed to armbar this random chick they pulled out of the bag.

Wow, that truly does suck. Not only did they both get passed over for a title shot in favor of Chael but now they get buried on the card and are just a normal 3 rounder. They need to be pumped for the 205 division not just treat them as a toss in for a card.

And what if Rousey loses? Does Dana toss his shit all over the place or something?
Dec 31, 2012 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
baboon said:

Wow, that truly does suck. Not only did they both get passed over for a title shot in favor of Chael but now they get buried on the card and are just a normal 3 rounder. They need to be pumped for the 205 division not just treat them as a toss in for a card.

And what if Rousey loses? Does Dana toss his shit all over the place or something?

Yup. I would've paid for the PPV to watch Machida-Henderson for five rounds. I won't pay for three rounds and a two minute armbar victory for Rousey.

Interesting thought. I would say 'it's MMA, anything can happen', but this is WMMA. Not going to see a random knock out here. It'd be funny to watch the bloated moneybags that appear in Dana's eyes every time he sees Rousey to deflate, crash and burn style if she loses.
Jan 7, 2013 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
5 rounds of Hendo vs Machida- strong candidate for FOTN, if it goes past three then that's when the real grit and determination starts to kick in.

The 205 division needs fighters to be known to the public and not co hosts to the Ronda show.

I would be more interested in a Primetime for Hendo and Machida than the Ronda primetime show- it'll be 20 minutes of Ronda and 5 of Liz per episode.
Jan 8, 2013 1:13 PM

Oct 2011
Exactly. I have no intentions of paying for a PPV when I'm cheated out of what should be the main even.
Jan 12, 2013 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Just have to wait and see if the casual fan buys into it all when it's finished.
Jan 12, 2013 10:33 AM

Oct 2011
Who knows, I hope not. But I sense the UFC hype machine going into overdrive. PPV commercials on every channel, UFC primetime staring Ronda, the other chick (can't remember her name) will be in there in name only, as this will undoubtedly be 40 minutes of Ronda, and then maybe 20 minutes for Hendo-Machida (since uncle Dana is mad at them for declining to fight Jones on short ntoice), and whoever else is on the card. Shit, maybe Dana will land a spot on the Today Show like he did for so many Chuck Liddell fights.
Jul 6, 2013 10:33 PM

Aug 2012
When Anderson Silva got knocked out after underestimating and taunting his opponent.
???????
Dec 28, 2013 10:59 PM

Apr 2012
When Anderson Silva's leg got fucking broken with his second battle with Weidman.
Dec 29, 2013 11:58 AM

Feb 2009
RedgraveGilver said:
When Anderson Silva's leg got fucking broken with his second battle with Weidman.

No doubt. Wont soon forget this happening :(
Such a great career, so sad to see this happen to Anderson.
Dec 29, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
GhostCanine said:
When Anderson Silva got knocked out after underestimating and taunting his opponent.
RedgraveGilver said:

Wow, lol just wow
Dec 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
Fedor vs Werdum
Sakuraba vs Zaromskis
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fights Where You Were Seriously Concerned For A Fighter

GregRocks - Jan 8, 2013

6 by alex_stungunace »»
Feb 11, 2014 5:25 PM

» Epic fights that you hated to watch

GregRocks - Mar 21, 2012

3 by wolffanghameha »»
Jan 3, 2014 9:21 AM

» Upcoming major MMA title fights. 4/29/13 update! ( 1 2 )

lordzeru - May 12, 2012

86 by lordzeru »»
Oct 18, 2013 2:14 AM

» MMA 2012.

lordzeru - Jan 3, 2013

2 by lordzeru »»
Jan 6, 2013 10:58 AM

» Your Dream Fight

GregRocks - Feb 17, 2012

11 by baboon »»
Dec 22, 2012 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.