Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2011 6:41 PM
Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Opinions and comments about this movie?

I think this was english subbed ytd or the day before, so maybe that's why there's almost no activity on this movie's MAL page.

I am not particularly a fan of Doraemon or anime aimed at kids, but I was still awed at the production of this movie without reference to any other Doraemon works.

The sound sector was particularly well done (but I had some issues with some of the voice acting), especially the bgm, osts, op and ed.

Storyline was good at the front, but towards the back, some logic was lost... like why did he think that he's still in water when he went out of the ocean (he was not wearing the goggles) and some other stuff.

I had issues with some of the wacky faces made by Doraemon in the ed oso... and I thought that the bath scene in the early scenes could be made more child-friendly.
Jan 6, 2011 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
Just watched the movie. The movie was alright ^_^

Though not as good as the previous 3 movies, it certainly is fun to watch. Some inconsistency in logic and plot, but overall it's enjoyable for a Doraemon film.

and I thought that the bath scene in the early scenes could be made more child-friendly.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that part... looking back at the previous 20+ movies anyways there's bath scene/mild nudity every now and then.... The torture scene however, is something new to the franchise tho...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2011 10:00 AM

Feb 2008
I am not familiar with original Japanese VA, so thats the only thing that bothers me.

Overall the movie is great, animation style definitely gets better and up to date..

Nobita and Giant Robot adventure still the best Doraemon movie btw!

AirStyles said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with that part... looking back at the previous 20+ movies anyways there's bath scene/mild nudity every now and then.... The torture scene however, is something new to the franchise tho...

Agreed. Older Doraemon movies is more revealing
Mar 16, 2021 8:11 PM
Nov 2014
another great doraemon movie, dorami got some screentime too and giant/shizuka/suneo had their moments.

sophia and nobita has great chemistry together, i want to see more of her. too bad she's a movie only character.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.