Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2010 8:25 AM

Jan 2008
so i finished this... and i'm not veru sure whether or not she's human.
shinmei is a robot right?
Dec 8, 2010 10:09 PM
Feb 2008
i think shinmei is indeed a robot. afterall he said that he dosent want to reveal it to her in the film... presumably him being a robot.

if chie human or not i dont think theres been any sort of confirmation... but can only guess. i would guess shinmei being part of the live experiment on being a father, it would make sense to father a human then a robot.
Feb 12, 2011 6:18 AM
Sep 2010
well i just finished watching time of eve also just gotta say that i wasnt dissapointed and getting to ur question im pretty chie is a human as the person above mentioned that shimei was an android created to be a parent for orphaned children
Apr 30, 2011 8:55 PM

Oct 2009
But then didn't they say something about Shimmei having been brought to Eve no Jikan a long time ago?

EDIT:

On second thought, why would they manufacture such small androids? So I guess she's Human.
YanofliesApr 30, 2011 9:04 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2011 12:40 AM

May 2011
My logic dictates me thinking that she would be a real girl.

1) There would serve no useful logical purpose to have a screaming 5 yr old girl running around thinking she's a cat. Why would you create a needy android like that to begin with.

Except you believe that she serves a therapeutic service for distraught humans. However,..

2) The Android Ethics Committee, including Misako's father, believe interaction of that nature shouldn't be permitted. So I doubt they they'd allow legitimate manufactures to make those types of models.

I do think that her mannerisms in the show were purposely done to give you some thought. On one hand, she runs around doing irrational things like a real child would. Other moments, she stares blankly as if she's somehow processing data and coming to a conclusion.

More than a few characters give you that same thought. In the end you still wonder if the dark haired observer is a rogue undercover android or just a human with flat dry personality.

Nagi-san, the cafe waitress, even has her moments where you wonder. BTW, in the movie version, watch the post credits ending scene VERY VERY closely.
Apr 29, 2012 3:42 PM

Sep 2009
She is human.
Shinmei is her foster parent, I'm not sure if she knows he is an android or not.

If Chie were an android, she wouldn't have wondered what "****" was. She would have pretended he were human, but being so young, she hadn't seen an android like him, since he was an older, non-human-looking unit.
Sep 12, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
She´s obviously a cat. ^_^
Apr 26, 2022 11:48 PM
Jan 2017
i mean, chie could have been programmed to be a kid, as someone said, for therapeutic purposes: i.e. helping a grieving parent deal with the loss of a child, or just to satisfy an infertile couple's need to have a kid.

heck, there could be "training" androids for parents who are not sure they're committed enough to raise a child - practicing with an android kid could really help serious parents avoid making mistakes or leaving their real kids with childhood trauma. if anything, this would be a great way to prep aspiring parents.

having a kid who can be "ordered" to obey could really be convenient too. there could just be lonely adults who instead of wanting an adult companion bot, they'd prefer a kid. just like akiko look kinda like a teen or younger. the small size of the android does not necessarily mean it can't still help with chores either.

as for all those "signs" that chie is a kid - random playfulness, being a cat, etc - all that could be programmed into her behaviour. that said, i don't think her taking long pauses is really a hint that she's android... because real kids do those pauses too, when they see something new. heck, it even makes her more believable as a kid imo, so the behaviour would need to be coded in if she's an android.
Oct 21, 2022 7:42 PM
Apr 2020
another valid option could be that she is part of some kind of double blind study and was just built to mimic a child for shinmei to foster in this trial run before having him foster an actual real child.

though her sometimes robotic behavior could also likely stem from growing up around androids and possibly some slightly earlier models that used to stop for processing from time to time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eve no Jikan (movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jinjos - Sep 4, 2010

178 by gswelcome »»
Jul 6, 7:09 PM

» OVA VS movie (the movie does NOT have all the scenes from OVA)

KaeDeeSss - May 11, 2015

10 by waalex11 »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:48 AM

» 8 years, no sequel

JuanBaldez - Jan 22, 2018

12 by waalex11 »»
Jul 22, 2023 9:26 PM

» Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve)

KaeDeeSss - May 11, 2015

3 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 3:04 AM

» Eve no Jikan ONA or Movie?

JEEESHH - Sep 13, 2014

9 by JetFury »»
Jan 23, 2015 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.