Well why do I hate Light Yagami

One would be Killing in a sense L and his father if u think about it

willing to kill anyone that stood in his way

and just killing people in general

what about u?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 22, 2008 4:18 PM
Mar 2008
yeah i agree. thats the same reason that i hate kira!!! stupid light!
Apr 22, 2008 9:58 PM

Jan 2008
*nods*

U know Light really wasn't all that smart anyway. If u think about it every time someone got close to figuring out it was him he always made mistakes no matter what.
Apr 23, 2008 3:03 PM
Mar 2008
yeah thats true!!!
May 21, 2008 10:07 AM

Jan 2008
Who is he to judge? Who is he to decide who's good or evil? He's just a mere person like the rest of the world, just a spoilt boy! I hate him for being so narcist. I hate him for killing my precious L, I hate him for killing all those who were NOT criminals.
Jun 1, 2008 9:46 AM

Feb 2008
i don't understand the feelings of fans hoping for light to win towards the end of the anime. i can't bring myself to like him no matter how many times i read the manga and watch the anime/movie. he is such a twisted bastard who even considered implicating his father and harming sister! how could a person like him, without a slightest hint of sympathy for fellow human beings be allowed to live in the world. i couldn't think of any better ending for him except dying and i am glad that he did.
littlebluetotoroJun 1, 2008 7:20 PM

Jun 20, 2008 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
At beginning of serie, his goal was pure but he became a mass murderer. He sux..
Nov 7, 2008 9:43 AM

Sep 2008
i hate light because he killed L
Dec 30, 2008 1:52 AM

Mar 2008
Valeria-chan: Actually, that's sort of silly to say of you. Light was smart, that's a definite yes-yes. It's just that towards the end of the show he was becoming so obsessed about his Godliness that he underestimated situations and couldn't think clearly. (like that time when he was communicating with notes when he was under hearing surveillance) Before that, the only one who really matched up against him and could even slightly prove that he was Kira was L, and seriously, L was as smart if not smarter than Light so that's no wonder. In the end, L died because Kira had the resources and the ability (having a death note, talking to shinigamis, eg.) to kill him, and L was just an investigator - no more to that.

Kitiara: a mere person with high intelligence, true at first... though a mere person with high intelligence with a Death Note makes no mere person... By your logic everyone would be mere persons, which just isn't true. It would be more correct to say that he was a human being like the rest of us, but even that is stretching it - in the end he was a person with amazing capabilities and the mind to make his will come true. To his dismay, so was Near.

littlebluetotoro: How could someone like him be allowed to live in the world? You wish upon him death? Who are you to pass judgment? God? Just like how Kira wrongfully wished death upon people so are you upon Light. Consequently, it means that you do not mind taking Kira's role in passing judgment on people (after all, he had your mindset when he first began - that is, killing criminals who had done "bad things" such as murdering or attempted murder). You're even glad that he died, a sign that you had an intent for him to die (compare to being relieved when someone dies, but you couldn't kill that person yourself). Basically, if you had a Death Note and could end Kira's life, would you not? It seems rather obvious that you would, you're doing the right thing, huh? I think anyone sensible would - but having said that, don't come spouting that he deserves to die without being prepared to have the same fate meet you. If you're willing to have such a murderous intent for a person, don't come crying if that same judgement is passed upon you. It's exactly what happened to Light.

The reasons about hating Light because he killed L... is really one of the few valid reasons I've seen posted. Though, I do hope that if you can hate Kira for killing L you are prepared for fans of Kira to hate both L and Near for effectively in the end leading to Kira's death. Just thought the argument seemed rather one-sided. ("Oh mate, you're on the wrong board, we're supposed to be one-sided!") Whatever, just reminding how the real matter is.
Aug 15, 2009 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
I hate Light because he's an insane fascist with a god complex. The world he would create is not a perfect world, in fact it is the exact opposite. It would be akin to a police state.

What gives him the right to decide who lives and who dies? What gives him the right to play judge, jury, and executioner and skip the entire criminal justice system in the process?

Kira deserves to be stopped. Really the best thing would be to put him in prison and take the death note away from him, as well as his memory of it.

Sep 12, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2009
Cause he's selfish and thinks he's a god
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Apr 6, 2010 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
I hate Light because he's an evil, sick, twisted, arrogant, sexist, insane, self-centered bastard who thinks he's God. News flash buddy; Just because your name is Light doesn't mean you're a freaking god! He (Light) is a terrible person who honestly deserves die in a fire.
(Besides, I like L better anyway, and Light killed him.)

And his crazy fangirls who actually think he's "hot" don't exactly help.
Karen: So, if you're from Africa... why are you white? O_O
Gretchen: Oh my God Karen! You can't just ask people why they're white!
May 25, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2009
So many reasons.
I hate himHhe's an arrogant,evil,he is sick and a psycho and this pig thinks he is a god.Yeah I agree he is a terrible person.There is nothing good in things that he does.Every human life is precious.It does not matter if that human is good,stupid,smart a murderer or I dunno an alien he has no rights to kill him!!!
Light is a person who deserves to die.And yeah he killed L!!

Jan 16, 2012 5:06 AM

Nov 2011
@ Guess,actually L,as Ohba said, was the smartest character in the series.
Jan 16, 2012 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
I hate Light for all the reasons stated above.Narcisstic,obsessed, willing to kill his own family,or anyone in general who opposed him.I hated the moment when Misura Naomi commited suicide because of him.It was so ungodly BRUTAL.I hate him for maaaany reasons,especially the death of L.Kira was killing criminals,but he forgot the fact that he became one himself,although his goal was pure at the very start.I'm really glad he died.
Jan 16, 2012 5:10 AM

Nov 2011
ArnoldK said:
I hate Light because he's an insane fascist with a god complex. The world he would create is not a perfect world, in fact it is the exact opposite. It would be akin to a police state.

What gives him the right to decide who lives and who dies? What gives him the right to play judge, jury, and executioner and skip the entire criminal justice system in the process?

Kira deserves to be stopped. Really the best thing would be to put him in prison and take the death note away from him, as well as his memory of it.
or torture him slowly so he feels the pain of everyone he kiled.
Jul 1, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
So many things.Maybe he wanted to do the right thing killing all the criminals.But when he said he will become God I just noped really hard.He killed innocent people and his personality won't stop bugging me.I hated him since the start of the anime and I will still hate him...Not to mention he killed L ...That can be even one reason to hate him!!
Sep 17, 2014 6:09 PM
Sep 2014
Although he's easily hated... I can imagine why he can so easily be adored, no worries of being snatched at night, no robbers, no wars, no evil, the only evil would be Kira, but it's a "necessary evil", it would certainly protect us from other beings and bring peace across human beings, be by fear or not, peace would be peace. And like light said, if Kira is stopped... He's evil, if he succeeds he's justice.
Sep 10, 2015 9:41 AM
Oct 2014
He just had a superiority complex... Wanting to be above everyone... I didn't hate him but he is a prick.
Nov 23, 2015 6:44 AM
Nov 2015
When i started reading manga i thought light is good and continued reading until he kill some detective guy then I start doubting whether is he really protagonists
But continued reading until he killed detective's wife at this moment I stop reading manga I knew light is nothing but a bastard so skip all chapter directly went to 104 chapter - till end and I love how he was begging to ruku "am I going die" "I don't want to die" light u deserved it u asshole.
Nov 28, 2015 4:04 PM
Apr 2015
Through out the episodes I've been watching I slowly began to hate light more and more as the story progresses he is just ugh I really don't like him
Dec 13, 2015 6:24 PM
Dec 2015
I HATE LIGHT BECAUSE HE KILLED L!!!!! OH WHY DID L HAVE TO DIE!!! WHY!!!! HE WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!!
Mar 27, 2016 10:26 PM
Mar 2016
Light didnt really kill L if you really look at it because it was rem and ik i kinda saw light lossing track of his goal after L died but i loved him until the very end
Mar 29, 2016 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
Light was planting ideas in Rem's head to yes he was the one that killed L and also his father he might not have held the gun(metafor) but he was the one who pulled the strings though
Jun 20, 2016 2:05 AM
Jun 2016
Why?. Cause he's a fkng psychopath who thinks he's God. And don't tell me that he didn't kill L, cause he was the one manipulated Rem and force to kill L. Motherfkng psycho. I was literally crying when L died. And I'm super satisfied how he died. Seeing L.
Jun 25, 2016 6:30 PM
Mar 2016
I liked Light during the time where he lost his memory of being Kira, because he was so innocent and much nicer. I HATE him so much for having Rem kill L. I freaking love L.
Dec 29, 2016 10:59 PM

Dec 2016
You're all dead too me ^^^ Light didn't kill L' Rem did'
Dec 30, 2016 9:05 PM

Jan 2008
Yes Rem killed L but it was because of Light that Rem killed L though anyone who died was because of Light in a sense.
Apr 29, 2017 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
I fucking love the fact that if Light didn't kill with the notebook/not ever known of it's existence, he would've been best friends with L and would become the greatest Police officer ever. (According to Takeshi Obata) I hate that he became a shitty person.
Sep 30, 2017 11:59 AM
Sep 2017
He’s a psycho who will kill anybody that stood in his way and he thinks he’s the God of the world as you can see in Ep.1. He is smart and very sharp but his self-centered and controversial personality is just so easily hated. And that he killed L. L was my favorite character in such a long time. Like tbh L started out with nothing while Kira has got Shinigamis and Death Notes and power. L is technically smarter than Light.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Why do u hate Misa Amane

Valeria-chan - Apr 21, 2008

6 by Ciel_Fan »»
Aug 3, 2016 8:36 AM

» Why do u hate Higuchi

3 by AngelRaf »»
May 25, 2010 11:07 AM

» Why do u hate Mikami Teru

5 by AngelRaf »»
May 25, 2010 11:06 AM

» Why do u hate Kiyomi Takada

4 by AngelRaf »»
May 25, 2010 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.