Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 6, 3:32 AM

Jul 2013
I do. I don't recall which mangas I have in my physical collection. But I have a huge collection of physical manga copies.

I would like to know if you also collect physical manga.
Sep 6, 3:34 AM

Jan 2009
nah i do not have enough money for that
Sep 6, 3:42 AM
Oct 2019
Yup in french for 10 years had a collection of over 300 volumes. All give it away so switch in English this year now I am little under 50 volumes with 4 coming Monday.
Sep 6, 3:49 AM
best user ever

May 2022
Yeah, kind of, I own some School Rumble, Kimikiss, Rurouni Kenshin, Soul Eater and some more manga.
▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

Sep 6, 3:50 AM

Jun 2016
Yeah I do buy physical manga among other books as I don't want the shelf to be exclusively manga.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 6, 3:51 AM

Feb 2020
Kinda, but I'm space limited and only keep what I really like.
Got rid of a lot of them to move into my very first house.
Only 28 pieces left now, haven't bought a manga in forever either.
Sep 6, 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Little_Sheepling
Kinda, but I'm space limited and only keep what I really like.
Got rid of a lot of them to move into my very first house.
Only 28 pieces left now, haven't bought a manga in forever either.
@Loyal_Sheepling aren't you rich because you are a landlord? Couldn't you afford more manga because you are rich?
Sep 6, 4:47 AM

Sep 2016
No, because I'm an anti-materialist.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 6, 4:56 AM

Feb 2024
I don't "collect" physical manga because I'm not obsessed with it and I really see no point in that cuz digital is just way more convenient. But my kids have maybe 10 shelves filled with that stuff - I wouldn't call it a collection though, just some paperbacks you buy occasionally here and there and too lazy/greedy to dispose when finished reading.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Sep 6, 4:59 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Loyal_Sheepling aren't you rich because you are a landlord? Couldn't you afford more manga because you are rich?
@DesuMaiden Lol, no I'm not rich. My sister is also the landlady of the house we rent, so will split the money between us.
Sep 6, 5:01 AM

Jun 2024
Well I have Kino's Journey and Boogiepop Omnibus that's it.
Sep 6, 8:04 AM

May 2024
I only have a few One Punch Man volumes I bought during the pandemic. I wanna collect more, but I'm broke currently so...
Sep 6, 8:06 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to SimplyBrazen
I only have a few One Punch Man volumes I bought during the pandemic. I wanna collect more, but I'm broke currently so...
@SimplyBrazen where do you buy your manga btw?
Sep 6, 8:07 AM

May 2024
Reply to DesuMaiden
@SimplyBrazen where do you buy your manga btw?
@DesuMaiden There's one bookstore that also sells certain manga volumes in my town, I usually buy all my books there. I've never purchased any books online.
SimplyBrazenSep 6, 8:48 AM
Sep 6, 8:29 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to SimplyBrazen
@DesuMaiden There's one bookstore that also sells certain manga volumes in my town, I usually buy all my books there. I've never purchased any books online.
@SimplyBrazen btw I just ordered several physical copies of manga a few hours ago. From Amazon.
Sep 6, 8:45 AM

May 2024
Reply to DesuMaiden
@SimplyBrazen btw I just ordered several physical copies of manga a few hours ago. From Amazon.
@DesuMaiden You buy all your manga online?
Sep 6, 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
I don't specifically collect manga but I do enjoy comics so manga comes along with that. I've got a fairly large collection of books that are comics (I hate the term graphic novels but there's also no other good synonym for it) and there's a fair amount of manga mixed in there.
Sep 6, 8:59 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to SimplyBrazen
@DesuMaiden You buy all your manga online?
@SimplyBrazen not all of it, but most of it, yes. Mostly from Amazon.
Sep 6, 9:12 AM

Apr 2018
I've started to, yes. I have volumes 1 and 2 of Unmagical Girl, but unfortunately the third and final volume was never translated. I have all four of the complete Flowers of Evil omnibus volumes, and four of the Nana & Kaoru omnibus volumes (and I already preordered the last two). I have volumes 1-5 and 8-9 of Inside Mari, but can't seem to find volumes 6 and 7 anywhere. I have both volumes of Deadpool: Samurai, which I had finished reading recently. I have My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness and a bunch of its sequels (My Solo Exchange Diary volumes 1 and 2, My Alcoholic Escape from Reality, and My Wandering Warrior Existence). I also have I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up and Sayonara, Eri. Lastly, I have a bunch of hentai manga/doujinshi too. Amongst them are Lovely, Love Me, Imperfect Marble, Bootyholic, How Good Was I?, Ecchi Sketch!, Otherworldly Maidens: Monster Girls from Another World, My Mikage-san, Head-to-Head Showdown, Spring Yearning, and Hot Honey Ecstasy. I plan on getting more manga.
Sep 6, 1:55 PM

Aug 2019
If I really like a manga series then I will get a physical copy of it.
Sep 6, 5:48 PM

Nov 2021
If I really, REALLY like it, yes I do.
Sep 6, 5:52 PM

Sep 2018
I am too poor for manga, but I got a giftcard from my boss once that I used on Eden Zero vol 1.
Sep 7, 4:46 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah I got around 100 volumes. Used to buy it for cheap but it has become too expensive now.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 7, 4:56 AM

Feb 2020
"Do you collect physical copies of manga?"

No, I don't need them.
Sep 7, 5:50 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Yes, I do. I enjoy reading physical manga, though I also utilize my library.
Sep 8, 8:11 AM

Jul 2010
One of my expensive hobbies. I've over 100 volumes in my collection. Some are local print and translation, but the most of them are English ones. My favorite manga is collector's edition version and some are in a larger format than the usual norm.
Sep 8, 8:13 AM

Jul 2024
Not really, i do not have enough money for that
Sep 8, 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to RainyEvenings
Not really, i do not have enough money for that
@RainyEvenings To be fair the first post says nothing about paying for your collection.
Sep 9, 1:08 AM

Mar 2020
i have a small collection of my favorite manga, manga i enjoyed or generally anything id recommend to anybody. Usually Im a big fan of trading manga collections with friends. The main reason i keep my physical collection is that when i meet people that are into manga or i have somebody who is interested in starting with manga its easier to just lend them some of mine.

Sep 9, 5:52 AM

Jan 2023
I have CardCaptor Sakura (Deluxe Edition) complete and Clear Card (I'm missing the last volume, which has not yet been published here in Argentina).

All existing volumes of Slayers.

Complete Sailor Moon, and the Short Stories volumes. Also the two from Sailor V.

Madoka Magica complete.

The Quintessential Quintuplets complete.

All six volumes of Magic Knight Rayearth.

Spy x Family up to volume 13.

8 volumes of KonoSuba.

Another complete.

Clover, and something else that I don't remember at the moment (?).
Sep 9, 8:31 PM

May 2016
i used to but the manga i want to collect is either $50+ or non-existent and not translated ;w;
i think it's time i learn japanese that way if i collect manga again and its not translated at least
i'll be able to understand it somewhat

10 hours ago
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
The thread has been moved to the correct board
5 hours ago
Sep 2024
Unfortunately, no I do not. I have a couple of manga and volumes but not enough to start a collection. I usually buy and read it online because I don't like to ship physical manga because of shipping fees. Bookstores and libraries near me do not offer a wide selection of manga for me to choose from so I just buy online. If there were more manga to choose from near me then I would happily start a collection, I hope to have a physical collection shortly.
4 hours ago

May 2021
Only of a select amount of manga bc I'm definitely not going to get the popular Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family etc in my local supermarkets for overpriced values... Like if I don't feel it touches me and motivates me to reread, small chance I'd buy.
Still, sometimes watching if there are discounts on manga that I've got my eye on is worth it, bc you never know right.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

1 hour ago

Aug 2012
I did ages ago and my dad would make fun of me for it thus I just started to read manga digitally and buy it that way. This was years ago, not recently. Also I don't have the space, let alone can afford physical manga.

43 minutes ago

May 2023
I do, but it's not quite what it's built up to be. You just end up with all these static books lying around that you're always too careful to not overread otherwise you'll burn yourself out. As a purchaser of physical manga, i wouldn't take offense to someone saying they wouldn't be interested in getting into the endeavor. I don't know why i like collecting them, i just do! it's an enigma. Maybe it's the fresh smell of ink and paper...
>implying we can discuss /a/ Anime & Manga

More topics from this board

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5998 by ghostsamurai »»
35 minutes ago

» What device do you read Manga on? ( 1 2 )

SupremeGod - Sep 14, 2023

76 by meltingcore_neo »»
1 hour ago

» Do you miss pre-webtoon era manhwa/manhua?

Eternal-Destiny - 7 hours ago

2 by Shirayukin »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Anime Movies Question

ScaryOwl - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
10 hours ago

» Is there any romance western comic? How easy to access compare to manga?

m_alhafidz - Sep 3

2 by JaniSIr »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.